Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,316 members, 7,819,071 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Umahi Blasts Wike: You Are Just Packing Rivers Money & You Are Boasting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi Blasts Wike: You Are Just Packing Rivers Money & You Are Boasting (26691 Views)

Kingibe To Wike: You Do Not Have Executive Powers As Minister / Dogara replies Wike: You are suffering from amnesia / Femi Fani-Kayode To Wike: You Were Still In The Creeks When I Started Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umahi Blasts Wike: You Are Just Packing Rivers Money & You Are Boasting by Islie: 10:29am On Mar 24, 2022
Umahi attacked Wike, calling him a thief who lacks intellectual capacity.

The embattled governor of Ebonyi State, Dave Umahi, has accused his Rivers State counterpart, Nyesom Wike of stealing public funds belonging to his state (Rivers).

This is the latest attack in the war of words between Umahi and Wike since the sacking of the former by a court.

Justice Inyang Ekwo of the Federal High Court, Abuja, had ordered Umahi and his deputy, Dr. Kelechi Igwe, to vacate their offices for defecting from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Wike had followed that up by saying Umahi should return the mandate he got on the platform of the PDP, later adding that he was behind his colleague’s travails.

Umahi had replied, saying he could not be sued as a governor and that the judgment poses no threat to his presidential ambition.

Speaking to journalists on Wednesday, Umahi attacked Wike, calling him a thief who lacks intellectual capacity.

He said, “You heard him on Channels (TV) boasting that he is behind…, a mere man that depends on the breath of God, I pity him. It is a shame. You are boasting to remove another governor.

“What qualifies you? Just because you are packing money that is public funds, not intellectual material, but just packing public funds and you are boasting about it.

Otherwise, who are you? I became a billionaire at the age of 25.

“I’ve worked all my life and I have asked him to come for public debate. I do not commission 3.4 km roads, I commission 35 km roads. I commission twin flyovers running into 1km, I commission megaprojects with little resources. So, if he says he has done well and is Mr This or That, let him come for a public debate with me. Let’s start with our childhood, so I’m not disturbed.”

SaharaReporters had published a report about how Wike revealed Justice Inyang Ekwo of the Federal High Court, Abuja as the judge he uses for ‘dirty jobs’.

Wike had during his recent inauguration of the reconstructed 3.4km eastern bypass in Port Harcourt said he was behind the sacking of David Umahi as governor of Ebonyi state.

“You carry the vote of another party and join another party. Can you transfer votes? If you are defecting, leave the seat. And this will checkmate most of these political harlots who will never sit in one place, looking for excuses here and there.

“You can’t take our property and say we should close our mouths. How can we close our mouths? And say those who are behind it. We are behind it.

“If your friends don’t want to tell you, me, I’m involved. So, nobody should threaten us. You are not our friend. You are not a member of our party. Leave what belongs to our party,” Wike had boasted.

Umahi left the PDP in November 2020, attributing the action to the “injustice” done to the South-East.

Consequently, the PDP instituted a suit against the governor, his deputy, the APC and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

In his judgment, Justice Ekwo held that having defected to the APC, both Umahi and his deputy had by dumping the PDP also forfeited the votes that belonged to the party.

He added that going by the outcome of the governorship election, the offices of the governor and deputy governor in Ebonyi state belong “to the plaintiff and no other political party”.

However, sources at the Federal High Court in Abuja told SaharaReporters that Justice Ekwo is known as “Wike Judge”.

They added that the judicial officer is so enmeshed with Wike that the governor permanently has lawyers stationed in his court to monitor his cases.

“Were you surprised when Governor Umahi criticised Justice Ekwo over the judgment, describing him as a hatchet man? Justice Ekwo is known as ‘Wike Judge’ here.

“He is so enmeshed with Wike that Wike permanently has lawyers stationed in his court to monitor his cases.

“The Rivers State governor is known as the ‘Golden Boy’ of the judiciary over his ability to bribe judges at all levels. He was known to have awarded the contract of building the Court of Appeal to a sitting judge, President of the Court of Appeal, then, Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa.

“Back to Justice Ekwo, some of the cases with him are cases Wike is directly or indirectly involved in,” a source had said.

Another source had added, “The Ebonyi governor didn’t lie when he said we were in trouble in this country because justice could now be purchased anyhow, the reckless statement of Wike yesterday confirmed that.

“He has turned Justice Ekwo to his homeboy. This same judge was used to remove Sowore as AAC (African Action Congress) chair and Malcolm Fabiyi as his deputy. He refused to hear the case on merit. And when he gave the judgement, he refused to make copies available before going on vacation.

“When your medium (SaharaReporters) wrote about this unethical behaviour, he hurriedly called off the vacation to make a copy of the judgement available. Ever since then, he has avoided Sowore’s cases assigned to him. He typically returns them to the Chief Judge.”

http://saharareporters.com/2022/03/24/%E2%80%98you%E2%80%99re-just-packing-rivers-money-no-intellectual-material%E2%80%99-ebonyi-governor-umahi-attacks

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umahi Blasts Wike: You Are Just Packing Rivers Money & You Are Boasting by LeoDeKing: 10:29am On Mar 24, 2022
Dave Umahi is one of the best performing govs in Nigeria today and the best in SE.

What wike has been doing with Rivers State funds for the past 7 yrs is the construction of 3 flyovers.

But since wike is in Pdp, the same pdp which doesn't give a damn about SE, watch ipob Meth cannibals butcher Dave Umahi into tiny pieces without neccessarily telling us what wike has been doing in Rivers State. cheesy

138 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Umahi Blasts Wike: You Are Just Packing Rivers Money & You Are Boasting by Babaken(m): 10:32am On Mar 24, 2022
Which governor in Nigeria that's not stealing from public funds including Umahi.

144 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Umahi Blasts Wike: You Are Just Packing Rivers Money & You Are Boasting by Racoon(m): 10:34am On Mar 24, 2022
And what about a Dave Umahi that is short changing Ebonyi civil servants of their salaries and entitlement though he is building infrastructure? Pot calling kettle black.

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Umahi Blasts Wike: You Are Just Packing Rivers Money & You Are Boasting by jlinkd78(m): 10:37am On Mar 24, 2022
Space booked
Re: Umahi Blasts Wike: You Are Just Packing Rivers Money & You Are Boasting by Divinehub: 10:37am On Mar 24, 2022
Na Dem dem
Re: Umahi Blasts Wike: You Are Just Packing Rivers Money & You Are Boasting by heniford2: 10:37am On Mar 24, 2022
SaharaReport news is just a pro- max for fake news i don't usually take them serious undecided

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Umahi Blasts Wike: You Are Just Packing Rivers Money & You Are Boasting by Rastaramsey(m): 10:39am On Mar 24, 2022
Wahala grin grin grin
All of una be thieves.....

Niggars just dey abscond with the state's money grin grin grin

That man sounded really pained angry grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Umahi Blasts Wike: You Are Just Packing Rivers Money & You Are Boasting by Nigercity: 10:44am On Mar 24, 2022
I noticed that most people that hate umahi in
These forum are anti igbos mostly Yoruba
Because he has outperformed all there past, present and future governors
Now the want him out...

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Umahi Blasts Wike: You Are Just Packing Rivers Money & You Are Boasting by Datikwerreboi(m): 10:49am On Mar 24, 2022
Wike is not God

In Amaechi we believe in cool

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Blasts Wike: You Are Just Packing Rivers Money & You Are Boasting by Nvestor02: 10:49am On Mar 24, 2022
Who would I support now... I love woke but umahi is in my lovely party.

126 Likes

Re: Umahi Blasts Wike: You Are Just Packing Rivers Money & You Are Boasting by LeoDeKing: 10:50am On Mar 24, 2022
Nigercity:
These this forum are anti igbos mostly Yoruba
Because he has outperformed all there their past, present and future governors
Now the want him out...
Fixed.

I noticed most people that come to Nairaland to type nonsense have issues with English as a language.

73 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Umahi Blasts Wike: You Are Just Packing Rivers Money & You Are Boasting by DoctorOlasDesk: 10:59am On Mar 24, 2022
The consistent attack on Wike by Umahi is direct proof of evil. May God deliver us from petty people

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Blasts Wike: You Are Just Packing Rivers Money & You Are Boasting by DoctorOlasDesk: 11:01am On Mar 24, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Dave Umahi is one of the best performing govs in Nigeria today and the best in SE.

What wike has been doing with Rivers State funds for the past 7 yrs is the construction of 3 flyovers.

But since wike is in Pdp, the same pdp which doesn't give a damn about SE, watch ipob Meth cannibals butcher Dave Umahi into tiny pieces without neccessarily telling us what wike has been doing in Rivers State. cheesy

It isn't a personality issue but an issue of legality. Stop playing to the gallery. The whole world warned Umahi that his actions would backfire. Yet he wouldn't listen. On the notion that he became a billionaire at 25, Umahi has been reported to withdrawing the sum off 6.7 Billion from his states accounts days after the court ruling announcing his sack. Why would he have to loot billions he claimed to have been making decades before now. Abeg make una let us hear word with Wike this or that and treat issues factually as they are

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umahi Blasts Wike: You Are Just Packing Rivers Money & You Are Boasting by AntiBeEmCe(m): 11:02am On Mar 24, 2022
Both of them are crooks but if it boils down to it, I'd choose Wike, an as$kicker over an as$-licker like Umahi.
He should understand that he has been used and dumped by APC... and as such, should channel his anger there instead of fighting Wike.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umahi Blasts Wike: You Are Just Packing Rivers Money & You Are Boasting by dododawa1: 11:02am On Mar 24, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Fixed.

I noticed most people that come to Nairaland to type nonsense have issues with English as a language.
is English, Nigeria language or OFFICIAL.

4 Likes

Re: Umahi Blasts Wike: You Are Just Packing Rivers Money & You Are Boasting by dododawa1: 11:03am On Mar 24, 2022
Winning on one party and crossing to other after election is CORRUPTION and STEALING.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Umahi Blasts Wike: You Are Just Packing Rivers Money & You Are Boasting by DoctorOlasDesk: 11:04am On Mar 24, 2022
AntiBeEmCe:
Both of them are crooks but if it boils down to it, I'd choose Wike, an as$kicker over an as$-licker. Umahi should understand that he has been used and dumped.

Dumped by who? Who used whom and dumped. PDP made Umahi and all his brothers long standing members of the party in high offices with lots of benefits which they enjoyed for close to 2 decades. Upon seeing that his selfish ambition did not materialize he's turning on Wike. He should direct that energy to APC and Buhari for not giving him the direct presidential ticket he coveted. Umahi is just a greedy urchin, and his fall has just begun

11 Likes

Re: Umahi Blasts Wike: You Are Just Packing Rivers Money & You Are Boasting by MonkeyMods(m): 11:05am On Mar 24, 2022
It takes a thief to catch a thief

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Blasts Wike: You Are Just Packing Rivers Money & You Are Boasting by omenkaLives(m): 11:06am On Mar 24, 2022
These guys have succeeded in derailing and distracting this man.

At the end, the only victims of this needless fights would be the good people of Ebonyi state.

131 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Blasts Wike: You Are Just Packing Rivers Money & You Are Boasting by omenkaLives(m): 11:08am On Mar 24, 2022
Nigercity:
These forum are anti igbos mostly Yoruba
Because he has outperformed all there past, present and future governors
Now the want him out...
Na Okoros dey here dey talk trash against the man because he isn't in PDP anymore.

Anyone who says otherwise is probably a buffoon trying to hide behind his little finger.

141 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umahi Blasts Wike: You Are Just Packing Rivers Money & You Are Boasting by PressMyButton: 11:13am On Mar 24, 2022
Lol. Let's watch and see how Ipob monkeys take sides with Wike, the slayer of Igbos and throw Umahi, a performing Governor under the bus for being in APC.

131 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Blasts Wike: You Are Just Packing Rivers Money & You Are Boasting by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 24, 2022
LeoDeKing:

What stopped Umahi from being the best performing governor in PDP?

Why Nigeria don't make progress is because they are very short sighted. I pray he loose the seat not because he is not performing or performing but to deter others in future from taking the people for a ride.

This country has no standard, structure or value whatsoever.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Blasts Wike: You Are Just Packing Rivers Money & You Are Boasting by Dabaroi: 11:48am On Mar 24, 2022
Thanksful:

What stopped Umahi from being the best performing governor in PDP?

Why Nigeria don't make progress is because they are very short sighted. I pray he loose the seat not because he is not performing or performing but to deter others in future from taking the people for a ride.

This country has no standard, structure or value whatsoever.

Thank you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Blasts Wike: You Are Just Packing Rivers Money & You Are Boasting by Nwibii: 11:49am On Mar 24, 2022
I doubt this claim as Sowore the owner of Sahara desert court case didn't favour him, he wants to paint the judge black.
As for stealing public funds, that's what you governors do. There's non of you that is free from stealing public funds even obiano can't deny that.

6 Likes

Re: Umahi Blasts Wike: You Are Just Packing Rivers Money & You Are Boasting by Parachoko: 11:50am On Mar 24, 2022
Islie:

Umahi attacked Wike, calling him a thief who lacks intellectual capacity.

“I’ve worked all my life and I have asked him to come for public debate. I do not commission 3.4 km roads, I commission 35 km roads. I commission twin flyovers running into 1km, I commission megaprojects with little resources. So, if he says he has done well and is Mr This or That, let him come for a public debate with me. Let’s start with our childhood, so I’m not disturbed.”

http://saharareporters.com/2022/03/24/%E2%80%98you%E2%80%99re-just-packing-rivers-money-no-intellectual-material%E2%80%99-ebonyi-governor-umahi-attacks

Lalasticlala

grin

1 Like

Re: Umahi Blasts Wike: You Are Just Packing Rivers Money & You Are Boasting by aribisala0(m): 11:51am On Mar 24, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Fixed.

English is not our language. Most Germans and Japanese have issues with English language
Many Nigerians who act as ENGLISH POLICE are illiterate in their mother tongue

136 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Blasts Wike: You Are Just Packing Rivers Money & You Are Boasting by helinues: 11:52am On Mar 24, 2022
1856six:
[s][/s]

Shakara don end oo

1 Like

Re: Umahi Blasts Wike: You Are Just Packing Rivers Money & You Are Boasting by iLegendd(m): 12:11pm On Mar 24, 2022
dododawa1:
is English, Nigeria language or OFFICIAL.

From your assertion, you mean: since it's not a Nigerian language or made in Nigeria, it shouldn't be spoken, used or written correctly, right?

If your answer is yes, then the phone you use or the car you drive should not be used with care since they're not made in Nigeria, right?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Twitter Removes Buhari, Tinubu, Obi, Others’ Verification Badges (pix / I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola / FG Stops Grants For Youths, Alleges Misappropriation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.