Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,758 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

TOOTH ACHE: Any Home Remedies? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / TOOTH ACHE: Any Home Remedies? (1275 Views)

Any Home Remedies For Scorpion Sting? / Any Home Remedies For Frequent Heartburn? / Tooth Ache: Who Knows Any Effective Home Remedy,this Pain Is Killing Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TOOTH ACHE: Any Home Remedies? by sajmark(m): 10:41am On Mar 24, 2022
Good day Guys,
My tooth aches me so badly and medications aren't helping much.
Eating is now a scary thing for me as the pain resumes immediately any food particle touches the tooth.
My salary is due next week so going to a dentist isn't an immediate option except they charge less than I think.
All roads are leading to removing the tooth which I don't want to do, anyone with past experience or suggestions and ideas that can help?

Re: TOOTH ACHE: Any Home Remedies? by alpharoyalty: 10:43am On Mar 24, 2022
Chew garlic for 3 days straight. Every night before going to bed.

4 Likes

Re: TOOTH ACHE: Any Home Remedies? by Jamesbiodun(m): 11:06am On Mar 24, 2022
Stop using red close up, always use Dabur, or any other herbal toothpaste, you will not experience toothache again...
Toothache spoiled my teeth no be small...
Try and get atare chew it at the spot and add small gin

2 Likes

Re: TOOTH ACHE: Any Home Remedies? by sajmark(m): 12:16pm On Mar 24, 2022
alpharoyalty:
Chew garlic for 3 days straight. Every night before going to bed.
I never could stand garlic, but I'll give it a try.
Re: TOOTH ACHE: Any Home Remedies? by sajmark(m): 12:18pm On Mar 24, 2022
Jamesbiodun:
Stop using red close up, always use Dabur, or any other herbal toothpaste, you will not experience toothache again...
Toothache spoiled my teeth no be small...
Try and get atare chew it at the spot and add small gin
Na wa o... Been using close up all my life, will have to switch to Colgate... Thanks.
Re: TOOTH ACHE: Any Home Remedies? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Mar 24, 2022
Chew garlic, use diluted lime with water. The garlic takes care of the infection, the limewater reenforces the teeth. Works wonders, treats bad breath too.

1 Like

Re: TOOTH ACHE: Any Home Remedies? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Mar 24, 2022
sajmark:

Na wa o... Been using close up all my life, will have to switch to Colgate... Thanks.
stay away from flouride based tooth paste.

1 Like

Re: TOOTH ACHE: Any Home Remedies? by sajmark(m): 12:35pm On Mar 24, 2022
ivana10:
Chew garlic, use diluted lime with water. The garlic takes care of the infection, the limewater reenforces the teeth. Works wonders, treats bad breath too.
ivana10:
Thanks a lot, will try this.

1 Like

Re: TOOTH ACHE: Any Home Remedies? by wiseone28: 7:45am On Mar 27, 2022
Omo i just lost one of my front tooth to unforseen circumstances..

How much does it cost to replace it.
I mean the type that can be remove and put it back.
Re: TOOTH ACHE: Any Home Remedies? by Sewasaunt(f): 1:25pm On Mar 27, 2022
sajmark:
Good day Guys,
My tooth aches me so badly and medications aren't helping much.
Eating is now a scary thing for me as the pain resumes immediately any food particle touches the tooth.
My salary is due next week so going to a dentist isn't an immediate option except they charge less than I think.
All roads are leading to removing the tooth which I don't want to do, anyone with past experience or suggestions and ideas that can help?

You guys are just weird and don't prioritize when it comes to your health plus dental fear.

I doubt you have even seen a Dentist at all, but here you are shopping for home therapies for something as vital as your health.

If you are in Lagos or Ogun, with barely 8,000 you will get a card and have the tooth extracted painlessly in General Hospitals and some health centers.

If things go south, all these your fellow Nairalanders with suggestions on garlic and co won't be there. You will be on your own with your pain and probably need to spend more.

You don't have money to see a Dentist but you will probably have money for all those fancy useless and expensive toothpastes they sell? Is it not money that you will use to buy the home therapies being suggested?

Early presentation would have saved you from a tooth extraction and the more you delay, the worse it will probably get. The gum may swell and pus or blood discharge will start and expensive anti biotics will be needed.

Next thing if it degenerates to an abscess or worse still- Ludwig's angina, you will say it is spiritual and your village people are at it.
8,000 becomes over 150,000 for incision and drainage, IV antibiotics, hospital stay or even more for surgeries and ICU stay.

Why am I even wasting my time sef?

Una no dey hear word, ever.
Re: TOOTH ACHE: Any Home Remedies? by Sewasaunt(f): 1:28pm On Mar 27, 2022
wiseone28:
Omo i just lost one of my front tooth to unforseen circumstances..

How much does it cost to replace it.

I mean the type that can be remove and put it back.

Excluding card and consultation and an x-ray to be sure the tooth came out fully and didn't break inside, REMOVABLE PARTIAL DENTURES cost ranges from 7,000-15,000.

Cheapest option will be General Hospitals and Teaching Hospitals. Private hospitals will cost more.

1 Like

Re: TOOTH ACHE: Any Home Remedies? by Sewasaunt(f): 1:33pm On Mar 27, 2022
ivana10:

Here we go again....

Fluoride is a main constituent of most tooth pastes everywhere in the world. Here in Nigeria, the only toothpastes I am aware of without fluoride are Euthymol, Mymy, Maxam and herbal toothpastes.

Do you know why?

Fluoride strengthens the teeth and is more stable than Calcium. In incipient or early dental decay or caries, fluoride can remineralize and stop the decay.

But I guess ivana10 is smarter than scientists and Dentists who have spent time and devoted their lives to such studies as well as seen many patients and have gathered concrete evidence over the years undecided

1 Like

Re: TOOTH ACHE: Any Home Remedies? by Sewasaunt(f): 1:37pm On Mar 27, 2022
ivana10:

Also, using lime for long periods of time causes erosion of the teeth due to its acidity, especially the upper front teeth and can make them brittle and cause them to wear down or chip off gradually, it can also cause sensitivity.

It is for the same reason that sugary foods and drinks, sports drinks, sodas, lemon juice and other acidic drinks are discouraged.

It is better to use a straw when taking lemon or lime for medical and well being reasons.

Also, to whoever may read this, brushing immediately after taking such foods and drinks is not advised because the teeth are at the most sensitive within 30minutes after consumption, so wait a while before brushing after consuming sugary and acidic drinks and food.

Garlic causes chemical burns/ ulcers on the gums and mouth odour.

Next please?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TOOTH ACHE: Any Home Remedies? by sajmark(m): 1:54pm On Mar 27, 2022
Sewasaunt:

You guys are just weird and don't prioritize when it comes to your health plus dental fear.

I doubt you have even seen a Dentist at all, but here you are shopping for home therapies for something as vital as your health.

If you are in Lagos or Ogun, with barely 8,000 you will get a card and have the tooth extracted painlessly in General Hospitals and some health centers.

If things go south, all these your fellow Nairalanders with suggestions on garlic and co won't be there. You will be on your with your pain and probably need to spend more.

Early presentation would have saved you from a tooth extraction and the more you delay, the worse it will probably get. The gum may swell and pus or blood discharge will start and expensive anti biotics will be needed.

WHY AM I EVEN WASTING MY TIME SEF?
You really did waste your time to be honest, and I have registered with a private dental clinic.

Re: TOOTH ACHE: Any Home Remedies? by Sewasaunt(f): 2:01pm On Mar 27, 2022
sajmark:

You really did waste your time to be honest, and I have registered with a private dental clinic.

You for no register nah, you should have kept chugging down painkillers and garlic and lime.

Your home therapies didn't work?

Didn't you still land in a Dental chair?

So how was the extraction? Or are you opting for a root canal therapy?

Remember to stick to all post operative instructions given especially warm water and salt.

Also, protect your teeth,brush twice daily (morning and night) with a medium bristled toothbrush and a fluoridated toothpaste, change your toothbrush regularly, most brushes these days don't last up to 3 months before the edges fray, don't scrub too hard.

Also, see your Dentist regularly for check ups and early detection of any cavity, so your next thread won't be about how you removed a tooth and all your teeth are going bad undecided

2 Likes

Re: TOOTH ACHE: Any Home Remedies? by sajmark(m): 2:09pm On Mar 27, 2022
Sewasaunt:

You for no register nah, you should have kept chugging down painkillers and garlic and lime.

Your home therapies didn't work?

Didn't you still land in a Dental chair?

So how was the extraction? Or are you opting for a root canal therapy?

Remember to stick to all post operative instructions given especially warm water and salt.

Also, protect your teeth,brush twice daily (morning and night) with a medium bristled toothbrush and a fluoridated toothpaste, change your toothbrush regularly, most brushes these days don't last up to 3 months before the edges fray, don't scrub too hard.

Also, see your Dentist regularly for check ups and early detection of any cavity, so your next thread won't be about how you removed a tooth and all your teeth are going bad undecided
Your comments would have been pretty good and appreciated but you find ways to ruin it... My tooth ache wasn't caused by bad hygiene per se, but a crack I sustained on the tooth and ignored (probably got infected)
Re: TOOTH ACHE: Any Home Remedies? by Sewasaunt(f): 2:16pm On Mar 27, 2022
sajmark:

Your comments would have been pretty good and appreciated but you find ways to ruin it... My tooth ache wasn't caused by bad hygiene per se, but a crack I sustained on the tooth and ignored (probably got infected)

I clicked your profile and saw your comments on your redpill thread or so.

I don't mean to discredit your Dentist but I doubt the tooth should be filled.

Please, I think you should seek a second opinion.

I didn't see you and I didn't examine, but with the level of pain you described, the pulp of the tooth is most likely infected and if the tooth is filled, it is like sealing in the infection and it may worsen things.

Now, let me ask;

1. Is there pain on its own or only when you chew?

2. On a scale of 1-10 how bad will you rate the pain?

3. How long have you had the pain?

4. Any headache? Does it make that side of your face or jaw hurt?

5. Did you have a peri apical xray of the tooth taken at all?

Also, an extraction doesn't affect your chances of getting into the military.

A root canal therapy is the better option but you have seen that it's quite pricey and it's always better to crown the tooth after, which increases the overall cost.
Re: TOOTH ACHE: Any Home Remedies? by Sewasaunt(f): 2:18pm On Mar 27, 2022
sajmark:

Also, I didn't say it was bad hygiene.

I was only telling you how to care for.your teeth.

Cracks should always be checked out too, a simple filling of barely 6,000 and regular check ups and refilling after several years or a crown would have sufficed if you had presented early.

Hence the need for early presentation.

1 Like

Re: TOOTH ACHE: Any Home Remedies? by sajmark(m): 2:22pm On Mar 27, 2022
Sewasaunt:

I clicked your profile and saw your comments on your redpill thread or so.

I don't mean to discredit your Dentist but I doubt the tooth should be filled.

Please, I think you should seek a second opinion.

I didn't see you and I didn't examine, but with the level of pain you described, the pulp of the tooth is most likely infected and if the tooth is filled, it is like sealing in the infection and it may worsen things.

Now, let me ask;

1. Is there pain on its own or only when you chew?

2. On a scale of 1-10 how bad will you rate the pain?

3. How long have you had the pain?

4. Any headache? Does it make that side of your face or jaw hurt?

5. Did you have a peri apical xray of the tooth taken at all?

Also, an extraction doesn't affect your chances of getting into the military.

A root canal therapy is the better option but you have seen that it's quite pricey and it's always better to crown the tooth after, which increases the overall cost.
You utilised your time well by going through my posts, I'm worth it.
Well I plan on doing root canal treatment + crowning ... It costs ₦120,000
Re: TOOTH ACHE: Any Home Remedies? by Sewasaunt(f): 2:28pm On Mar 27, 2022
sajmark:

You utilised your time well by going through my posts, I'm worth it.
Well I plan on doing root canal treatment + crowning ... It costs ₦120,000

You certainly are not worth it.

You sound like a narcissistic whiner, honey- the world doesn't revolve around you.

There is still so much to see, to know, to learn about and to learn from.

Concerning the tooth, yes- the RCT and crown is a much better option. It is always preferable to preserve the tooth as much as possible.

Best wishes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TOOTH ACHE: Any Home Remedies? by sajmark(m): 2:40pm On Mar 27, 2022
Sewasaunt:

You certainly are not worth it.

You sound like a narcissistic whiner, honey- the world doesn't revolve around you.

There is still so much to see, to know, to learn about and to learn from.

Concerning the tooth, yes- the RCT and crown is a much better option. It is always preferable to preserve the tooth as much as possible.

Best wishes
Okay dear, thanks for your inputs.
Take a chill pill and enjoy the rest of your day.
Re: TOOTH ACHE: Any Home Remedies? by wiseone28: 3:45pm On Mar 27, 2022
Sewasaunt:

Excluding card and consultation and an x-ray to be sure the tooth came out fully and didn't break inside, REMOVABLE PARTIAL DENTURES cost ranges from 7,000-15,000.

Cheapest option will be General Hospitals and Teaching Hospitals. Private hospitals will cost more.
Thanks that means i should budget 20k for everything..

It came out fully it has been shaky for a very long time.
Re: TOOTH ACHE: Any Home Remedies? by Emeka511(m): 3:27am On Mar 30, 2022
Pls any cure for bruixm??
Re: TOOTH ACHE: Any Home Remedies? by Sewasaunt(f): 5:37pm On Mar 30, 2022
wiseone28:
Thanks that means i should budget 20k for everything..

It came out fully it has been shaky for a very long time.

Yes, for a private hospital.
For a general hospital, 10,000- 12,000 max

1 Like

Re: TOOTH ACHE: Any Home Remedies? by Sewasaunt(f): 5:40pm On Mar 30, 2022
Emeka511:
Pls any cure for bruixm??

You will need to visit an experienced Dentist.

You need to find out the cause of the bruxism, is it stress?

Have some teeth been damaged already? What can be done to help save the rest?

Proper examination will be done and you may get an appliance to help you manage it, a splint seperates the teeth and guards them from the effects of bruxism.

Best wishes

2 Likes

Re: TOOTH ACHE: Any Home Remedies? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 01, 2022
Sewasaunt:

Here we go again....

Fluoride is a main constituent of most tooth pastes everywhere in the world. Here in Nigeria, the only toothpastes I am aware of without fluoride are Euthymol, Mymy, Maxam and herbal toothpastes.

Do you know why?

Fluoride strengthens the teeth and is more stable than Calcium. In incipient or early dental decay or caries, fluoride can remineralize and stop the decay.

But I guess ivana10 is smarter than scientists and Dentists who have spent time and devoted their lives to such studies as well as seen many patients and have gathered concrete evidence over the years undecided

It is apparent you are smart by half. There was a time chloroquine was the go to drug for treating malaria now the same scientist you reason are smarter than yourself think otherwise currently. Yes i am smarter than you and your scientists. Now since you are so dull to understand that there's always room to independent research and upgrade in whatever knowledge you may have acquired should have known that having those therapy can indeed be of help to the young man as he is in pain and cannot afford the dentist. Don't come for me with half brain. I don't do over bloated goats or pigs and when next or should you ever have to mention this moniker @ivana10 do so with some measure of decorum. Fact is, don't mention me and i don't have time for your nonsense.
Re: TOOTH ACHE: Any Home Remedies? by Sewasaunt(f): 3:49pm On Apr 09, 2022
ivana10:
It is apparent you are smart by half. There was a

You are so dull and unwilling to learn and you think you can use insults to shut me up?

Honey, science evolves, chloroquine is still being used to treat malaria, misuse and resistance to the drug in some people is what brought about ACTs due to thorough research and not mere empty boastful, uncultured speech by dolts like yourself.

Learn, evolve, get better, a man dies the day he stops learning.

No one knows it all.

Your advice was misleading and could lead to harmful consequences, and here you are still typing crap.

With people like you, how will humanity get better? How will people know how to and learn how to be better and do better?

1 Like

Re: TOOTH ACHE: Any Home Remedies? by Nobody: 11:02pm On May 04, 2022
Sewasaunt:

You are so dull and unwilling to learn and you think you can use insults to shut me up?

Honey, science evolves, chloroquine is still being used to treat malaria, misuse and resistance to the drug in some people is what brought about ACTs due to thorough research and not mere empty boastful, uncultured speech by dolts like yourself.

Learn, evolve, get better, a man dies the day he stops learning.

No one knows it all.

Your advice was misleading and could lead to harmful consequences, and here you are still typing crap.

With people like you, how will humanity get better? How will people know how to and learn how to be better and do better?
You are a Buf.fon and all you wrote. there will be the epitaph to celebrate you by. Ewu Gambia. You started the insult and now you are here leaking like a smelling Pvssy. E pain you àbi? If you don't get off my mention you go soon receive spiritual knock on that your lice infested head. A man asked for help, i stated the little i know to help him, you had the floor to present whatever garbage it is you think you know and deal with whatever other submission in a more civil way but you resorted to being a pig with half brain. Next time, in any discuss be civil. A cultured oaf like you who cannot present a more superior argument without coming off as an id.iot. Go through your first mention of my moniker and be guided how to approach folks the next time if you never received proper home training. And i mean it don't mention me ever again.
And no, the advice is not misleading. A notable dentist gave it to me as home remedy before i could get to the dentist and it worked. Woke idi.ot like you that the only merit you can ever boast of is denigrating yourself at the hands of your lecturer and relying on submission from Google. Ode buruku. Any dunce can write an unverified article and post on Google. Everyone knows the uncountable merit of garlic and high content of vitamin C in lemon/ lime to help reduce inflammation etc. Abi, you no dey give vitamin C as part of prescription after having a session? Dogs of big pharma that know nothing. I advice you not to mention me again.
Re: TOOTH ACHE: Any Home Remedies? by Nobody: 11:48pm On May 04, 2022
Sewasaunt:

Also, using lime for long periods of time causes erosion of the teeth due to its acidity, especially the upper front teeth and can make them brittle and cause them to wear down or chip off gradually, it can also cause sensitivity.

It is for the same reason that sugary foods and drinks, sports drinks, sodas, lemon juice and other acidic drinks are discouraged.

It is better to use a straw when taking lemon or lime for medical and well being reasons.

Also, to whoever may read this, brushing immediately after taking such foods and drinks is not advised because the teeth are at the most sensitive within 30minutes after consumption, so wait a while before brushing after consuming sugary and acidic drinks and food.

Garlic causes chemical burns/ ulcers on the gums and mouth odour.

Next please?
@ the bolded, Garlic is a natural household remedy that has been used for thousand of years to treat all manner of diseases. It is known to effectively deal with the bacteria that causes mouth odor as it is a potent natural anti bacteria as onions. Now with your high shoulder pad as whatever you may want to profess yourself as because, you definitely are no licenced medical practitioner or if you are, I will be one to follow up with the Nigerian Medical Council the authenticity of your license as it is apparent, your knowledge and submissions are questionable as a quack. Everything organic, in it's natural state, has got value addition to the body in doses. It is verified and also verifiable claim the mixture of these elements as home remedy/ first aid treatment, now what exactly are you? A quack or something?
Re: TOOTH ACHE: Any Home Remedies? by Nobody: 11:53pm On May 04, 2022
Sewasaunt:

You will need to visit an experienced Dentist.

You need to find out the cause of the bruxism, is it stress?

Have some teeth been damaged already? What can be done to help save the rest?

Proper examination will be done and you may get an appliance to help you manage it, a splint seperates the teeth and guards them from the effects of bruxism.

Best wishes
oh, so with your stance, you are not an experienced dentist? And you choose to copy and paste from Google whereas an experienced dentist gave me those home remedies? You really are preposterous. The problem with things is folks with half knowledge posing as something! Now someone with a real life issue asks you for some advice, you suddenly are not experienced enough? You need your head checked my dear girl.
Re: TOOTH ACHE: Any Home Remedies? by Nobody: 12:01am On May 05, 2022
Sewasaunt:

Here we go again....

Do you know why?

Big pharma says flouride strengthen the teeth, woke zombies like you in the system echos everything you have been told to believe without questioning. Scientist are people and apparently i am smarter and all the more smarter than you because i am smart enough to question things, i am smart enough to be open to new information without feeling threatened as you are. There was a reason folks like Dr Shebi tried sensitizing the masses and ignoramuses like you.

(1) (Reply)

My Boyfriend Dumped Me And Now They've Separated / Abnormal Female Discharge (permanent Solution) / Help! A Man With Challenging Sperm Count

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.