Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,090 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

National Convention: What Buhari Told APC Govs During Meeting At Aso Rock - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Convention: What Buhari Told APC Govs During Meeting At Aso Rock (14497 Views)

What Buhari Told Amaechi, Igbo Leaders About Nnamdi Kanu’s Release – Adesina / Tinubu Sleeps Off At Gombe Emir’s Palace During Meeting (Photos, Video) / Governor Yahaya Bello Made 4+4 Sign During Meeting With Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Convention: What Buhari Told APC Govs During Meeting At Aso Rock by treesun: 10:47am On Mar 24, 2022
The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), on Wednesday, met behind closed doors with governors of the All Progressives Congress over the forthcoming National Convention of the party, slated for March 26.

A copy of his speech obtained by The PUNCH showed that the president told the governors 11 things during the meeting.

The president, who reiterated his stand on consensus candidates, directed that “all those who have bought forms indicating interest and have been dropped should have their money refunded without delay”.

Here are some of the things he discussed with the governors:

– Your Excellencies, I would like to express my gratitude to you all for the work you have done and are doing and your continued partnership and fortified alliances with the Federal Government over the years.

– When we came together to form the All Progressives Congress, nearly eight years ago our goal was National Salvation, our resolve was unshakable, our motivation was patriotic and noble.

– Consequently, by the Grace of God we were rewarded with victory in the 2015 General Elections in a free and fair election.

– Over the last seven years we have done our best to deliver good governance to the country. We have guaranteed national food security, we have provided modern infrastructure to kick-start economic growth and we have implemented the most comprehensive social welfare programmes in our history.

– Along the way, our party has survived shocks and attempts to derail it. Our government has also had to endure the worst economic crisis with the free fall of oil prices from an average of $100 per barrel over 15 years of PDP government to an average of $30 – $50 until the recent energy crisis.

– We need to remind ourselves of these achievements and not be diverted by petty quarrels and unseemly jockeying for positions. It will be very sad and regrettable development if these manifest gains are frittered away as a result of internal dissent and rivalry. We must avoid narrow focus and inordinate personal ambitions at the expense of our party’s common good. We must stop frivolous and diversionary litigation when the Party’s reconciliation processes are available for settling disputes.

– We must restore sanity and purpose in the affairs of our party and lead ourselves to victory and safety.

– As I remarked when I met Your Excellencies in February 22nd, our aim must be to hand over to an APC Government at the Center and the great majority of states. We must not, by default allow the PDP to get its dirty hands on Government again and return us to the Stone Age.

– As I said at that meeting, our Party chose its leadership by consensus. I again plead that we choose our next leadership by consensus. This is consistent with the spirit of democracy, the Party’s Constitution and the Nigerian Constitution.

– I have already given my own input and other recommendations on the way forward in both my 25th February, 2022 meeting with the Chairman of the Caretaker Extraordinary Convention Committee and my 13th March, 2022 letter to the Chairman of the APC Governors Forum.

– With the convention only two days away I implore you to come together and sort out all the remaining party positions so that within the next 24 hours we can arrive at a Unity List which we can take to the convention.

– Finally, all those who have bought forms indicating interest and have been dropped should have their money refunded without delay.

https://punchng.com/national-convention-what-buhari-told-apc-govs-during-meeting-at-aso-rock/

1 Like

Re: National Convention: What Buhari Told APC Govs During Meeting At Aso Rock by Illuminatiship(m): 10:48am On Mar 24, 2022
There's nothing special here if not how to steal money..

13 Likes

Re: National Convention: What Buhari Told APC Govs During Meeting At Aso Rock by treesun: 10:49am On Mar 24, 2022
– Over the last seven years we have done our best to deliver good governance to the country. We have guaranteed national food security, we have provided modern infrastructure to kick-start economic growth and we have implemented the most comprehensive social welfare programmes in our history.

What has come upon Buhari and his lieing party!

30 Likes

Re: National Convention: What Buhari Told APC Govs During Meeting At Aso Rock by treamabenh: 10:54am On Mar 24, 2022
Blatant failures grin

Being defensive even when you’re wrong is an African thing, I don’t expect leaders to be better.
People who don’t allow their children to contribute to family affairs are the ones leading a country, how on earth will they understand consensus?

8 Likes

Re: National Convention: What Buhari Told APC Govs During Meeting At Aso Rock by Kyase(m): 10:55am On Mar 24, 2022
treesun:

What has come upon Buhari and his lieing party!

Buhari Don learn lie grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Convention: What Buhari Told APC Govs During Meeting At Aso Rock by Mooh247: 10:56am On Mar 24, 2022
Nobody argues with Buhari... Everything ends with Yes Sir , Thank you Sir

24 Likes

Re: National Convention: What Buhari Told APC Govs During Meeting At Aso Rock by treesun: 11:20am On Mar 24, 2022
Kyase:

Buhari Don learn lie grin

He is a pathetic liar, he told he can not afford N27M , but his kids were schooling in UK. Which food security has he achieved!

12 Likes

Re: National Convention: What Buhari Told APC Govs During Meeting At Aso Rock by Kyase(m): 11:22am On Mar 24, 2022
treesun:

He is a pathetic liar, he told he can not afford N27M , but his kids were schooling in UK. Which food security has he achieved!

Actually Buhari kids where schooling on scholarship

But as for that food security, that man can lie, the once Mr integrity fa, Chai.......

1 Like

Re: National Convention: What Buhari Told APC Govs During Meeting At Aso Rock by treesun: 11:23am On Mar 24, 2022
Kyase:

Actually Buhari kids where schooling on scholarship

But as for that food security, that man can lie, the once Mr integrity fa, Chai.......

Who gave them scholarships!

5 Likes

Re: National Convention: What Buhari Told APC Govs During Meeting At Aso Rock by Kyase(m): 11:26am On Mar 24, 2022
treesun:

Who gave them scholarships!

Also know that Mr Buhari was very influential before 2015, don't take anything from him bro.
In fact, Buhari was the most influential man alive up North

7 Likes

Re: National Convention: What Buhari Told APC Govs During Meeting At Aso Rock by treesun: 11:34am On Mar 24, 2022
Kyase:

Also know that Mr Buhari was very influential before 2015, don't take anything from him bro.
In fact, Buhari was the most influential man alive up North

I know he was influential. He lied he had only two houses and one landed property in PortHarcourt he cant remember the address.

1 Like

Re: National Convention: What Buhari Told APC Govs During Meeting At Aso Rock by treesun: 11:52am On Mar 24, 2022
Lalasticlala are we food sufficient?
Re: National Convention: What Buhari Told APC Govs During Meeting At Aso Rock by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 24, 2022
grin
Re: National Convention: What Buhari Told APC Govs During Meeting At Aso Rock by Abilistic(m): 1:40pm On Mar 24, 2022
And he can't unite Nigeria...

Jokeeerss

Re: National Convention: What Buhari Told APC Govs During Meeting At Aso Rock by susitebigul: 1:41pm On Mar 24, 2022
sad

Contact us for your business name registration CAC
Check my profile for more information
Re: National Convention: What Buhari Told APC Govs During Meeting At Aso Rock by Hndrrxxx(m): 1:46pm On Mar 24, 2022
Re: National Convention: What Buhari Told APC Govs During Meeting At Aso Rock by Immatex(m): 1:54pm On Mar 24, 2022
The outright lies and half truth he said here are mind-blowing:
#Over the last seven years we have done our best to deliver good governance to the country. We have guaranteed national food security, we have provided modern infrastructure to kick-start economic growth and we have implemented the most comprehensive social welfare programmes in our history.#

How did his government guarantee National Food Security?
Which economic growth is this shit-hole country experiencing?
The Social Welfare Program of this administration is only a loot channel and clear vote buying scheme. How many Nigerians will repay loans they collected under this scheme? Is the government willing to go after these loan defaulters before the next election? What economic impact has the free money given to majority Northern population had on their standard of living?
Why did he avoid speaking on the state of the country's security?
Politicians have no dignity.
It is him who is leading Nigeria to the 'Stone Age'.

treesun:

https://punchng.com/national-convention-what-buhari-told-apc-govs-during-meeting-at-aso-rock/
Re: National Convention: What Buhari Told APC Govs During Meeting At Aso Rock by juman(m): 1:57pm On Mar 24, 2022
Next election is between pdp and npdp(apc).
NPDP is pushed forward by apc to tackle pdp.
Re: National Convention: What Buhari Told APC Govs During Meeting At Aso Rock by ButterBurger: 1:58pm On Mar 24, 2022
Very lazy a president
Re: National Convention: What Buhari Told APC Govs During Meeting At Aso Rock by juman(m): 1:58pm On Mar 24, 2022
Apc = pdp.
Re: National Convention: What Buhari Told APC Govs During Meeting At Aso Rock by ityP(m): 2:02pm On Mar 24, 2022
Mooh247:
Nobody argues with Buhari... Everything ends with Yes Sir , Thank you Sir

I was telling Tinubu urchins this. You better pray Buhari doesn't put mouth in issues. If he does, his word stands. They should be praying and fasting that Tinubu is Buhari's anointed candidate
Re: National Convention: What Buhari Told APC Govs During Meeting At Aso Rock by Jatucefaq: 2:02pm On Mar 24, 2022
Ccc

Re: National Convention: What Buhari Told APC Govs During Meeting At Aso Rock by eldoradoxx: 2:10pm On Mar 24, 2022
The stone age PDP is taking Nigeria to Buhari's speech is the Pre-2015 Nigeria when a dollar was #180 to $1, fuel #65 per litre, electricity about #16 per unit, 50kg bag of Thai rice #9-12k and the list is endless.
I think Nigerians want that stone age to this disaster we have today.

1 Like

Re: National Convention: What Buhari Told APC Govs During Meeting At Aso Rock by Tenses: 2:15pm On Mar 24, 2022
Buhari supporters paying attention to bubu

2 Likes

Re: National Convention: What Buhari Told APC Govs During Meeting At Aso Rock by adelaja70(m): 2:20pm On Mar 24, 2022
ityP:

I was telling Tinubu urchins this. You better pray Buhari doesn't put mouth in issues. If he does, his word stands. They should be praying and fasting that Tinubu is Buhari's anointed candidate
This guy and Tinubu matter.... Na wa oh.
Re: National Convention: What Buhari Told APC Govs During Meeting At Aso Rock by nedubrazil111(m): 2:21pm On Mar 24, 2022
The stone age PDP is taking Nigeria to Buhari's speech is the Pre-2015 Nigeria when a dollar was #180 to $1, fuel #65 per litre, electricity about #16 per unit, 50kg bag of Thai rice #9-12k and the list is endless.
I think Nigerians want that stone age to this disaster we have today.
Re: National Convention: What Buhari Told APC Govs During Meeting At Aso Rock by DONSMITH123(m): 2:23pm On Mar 24, 2022
loading..Please get your PVC

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Chief Of Staff Office Budget Skyrockets To N21.22bn In 2024 — StatiSens / What Is Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Real Offence? / Taiwo Oyedele: FG Borrowing To Fix Rail Is A Wrong Priority

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.