Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,601 members, 7,851,046 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:40 PM

The Effects Of Unemployment On Nigerian Youths Mental Health - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Effects Of Unemployment On Nigerian Youths Mental Health (174 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode Is A Wife Beater, Has Mental Health Condition - Precious / US Ambassador, Stuart, Speaks On Nigerian Elections 2019 / Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Effects Of Unemployment On Nigerian Youths Mental Health by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 24, 2022
Have you noticed that every act; wise, foolish, funny, crude, etc. done by anyone whether reputable or not is being dramatized by Nigerian Youths as a comedy and uploaded in all social media handles?

What could lead to this?

Sit tight and take a ride with me as I decode the state of an average Nigerian youth mental health as it's been affected by high rate of unemployment; AKA JOBLESSNESS!

Nigeria is a country that its 60% inhabitants are youths with vibrant and skyrocketing aims farther than that of Making America Great Again. We have the talent's, we have the raw skills, we have the potentials, we have the willpower, but, we don't have the buttresses and promoters.

It saddens me that every major and minor events that happen in Nigeria are immediately dramatized by our youths because they're jobless. Looking at the most recent scenario of Mrs. Ojukwu Bianca that slapped the immediate past first lady of Anambra State, Mrs. Obiano Ebelechukwu. I was on the news the other day seeing many memes, short clips and lots more of the event even as its not fit to make such wavering exposure, but, it went farther than imagined.

Let's take a look at the Mummy GO who always preach about hell fire. Her sermons where quite funny, and to me, it's a painkiller. But, you could imagine Nigerian Youths turning the lady, her preachings, her words, and to the extent of her wears into comics, memes just to upload on social media, garner followers and, if lucky, have some bucks as a reward from their google Adsense and other means. Some went as far as selling her fabrics specially in the market.

What about the Nigerian politicians, police, customs, and all the rest. Most of their acts are repugnant, yet, our youths tend to turn it to a comedy skit with the aim of cashing out from the clip. What they should stand against, they are using it as a means to generate traffic to their blogs. How on earth could a youth be purposeful in life if he can't disassociate himself from what is evil or speak against it?

There are many more to write about, but, with these few facts, lets see how unemployment have yielded to such inappropriate way of mental reasoning.

I could remember back in 2018, I was very active on social media, practicing the above act till I got a job as an Accountant, then, I lost the free time for social media activities. I became focused during my job period till 2020 and was much concerned about what is appropriate and what is not as regards the growth of a nation.

Most of our youths due to lack of job and the need to survive, have had their mental reasoning realigned to see every event as something worthy of comedy and memes. Thereby being drifted away from the big goal of contributing to the growth of a nation and being reasonably sound.

Nigerian youths of these era do not only see yahoo as lucrative, but, also, every act of stupidity is being dramatized as far as they will have something in return, probably, "you made a nice skit, you nailed it, you're too funny, and traffic generation, etc.". This have gone a long way in diminishing our ability to compete intellectually, being inventive, being creative, and having a modest way of thinking. That's why till date, Nigerian youths believes Education Is A Scam!

What if we are all gainfully employed?
What if when we wake up and we have our sole businesses to run?
What if we are active in politics like our fathers?
What if we are not greedy to make quick money?
What if we can understand the effects of our misuse of social media on our upcoming generation?

Nigerian Government, Give our youths the power to be the Leaders of Tomorrow.

Even as I made this post, am still unemployed since 2020 after I resigned from my job.

(1) (Reply)

Umo Eno: Answering the Call to Serve / Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial / Free Nomination Forms For Women: Osinbajo Female Support Group Thumbs Up APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.