Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Governor Okowa's N30 Billion Drainage Collapses In Delta State (Photos) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Okowa's N30 Billion Drainage Collapses In Delta State (Photos) (55246 Views)

Lawmakers Budget Fresh N30 Billion For National Assembly Renovation / ARCON Sues Facebook Owner Meta, Demands N30 Billion / CBN Disburses N30 Billion To Oil Palm Producers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Okowa's N30 Billion Drainage Collapses In Delta State (Photos) by Sapeleboy911(m): 9:30am On Mar 26, 2022
Deadlytruth:

I thought Deltans should be wishing to borrow Obaseki as governor since a lot of them were on his side accusing Oshiomhole of corruption, demand for sharing of state's resources, and godfatherism in the build up to Edo 2020 guber election?

None is perfect just because I like you as a person doesn't mean I will support your every action even when it is against my ethics. For the fact that you are my good friend doesn't mean, I won't tell you when what you are doing is wrong, that is an act of zombiesm. I am not a fan of Godfatherism politics, power is supposed to belong to the masses in a democratic setting not you imposing a candidate on them, that is one of the greatest problems of Delta state politics.
Re: Governor Okowa's N30 Billion Drainage Collapses In Delta State (Photos) by OVB123: 2:20pm On Mar 26, 2022
Olaolufred:

It is that Bad.
Yes! I was at merogun, iyara in warri and i most tell you that what i saw was not pleasing at all. The state government has completely abandoned them.
Re: Governor Okowa's N30 Billion Drainage Collapses In Delta State (Photos) by BluntCrazeMan: 3:02pm On Mar 26, 2022
Re: Governor Okowa's N30 Billion Drainage Collapses In Delta State (Photos) by Deadlytruth(m): 12:55pm On Mar 27, 2022
Sapeleboy911:

None is perfect just because I like you as a person doesn't mean I will support your every action even when it is against my ethics. For the fact that you are my good friend doesn't mean, I won't tell you when what you are doing is wrong, that is an act of zombiesm. I am not a fan of Godfatherism politics, power is supposed to belong to the masses in a democratic setting not you imposing a candidate on them, that is one of the greatest problems of Delta state politics.
I agree with you that no one should be comfortable with godfatherism but with Obaseki's activities within Edo PDP now as confirmed by the acknowledgement and publicly tendered appology of Wike of all persons, shouldn't it be clear now that his accusation of godfatherism against Oshiomhole was only an attempt to connect himself to the sympathy of the relatively ignorant electorate as a way to divert attention from his non-performance query by the APC which gave him ticket for first term on the assumption that he was in the best position to continue with Oshiomhole's legacy of quality and fundamentally impactful projects like interstate roads and frenzied spate schools renovation. One would have expected Edo State to by now be a giant site of ongoing high quality infrastructural projects given the narrative that the lions and tigers sucking Edo State resources have now been cut off. But alas! The reverse is the case. Abandoned poor quality first term projects in every LGA. Wike attacks him while commissioning his own projects in Rivers State but he would waste Edo State tax payers moneys to reply Wike in the papers because he has no projects to commission and use as an opportunity to reply Wike. Oshiomhole, in his time, would also reply Edo PDP's criticisms while commissioning projects but all that is history now in the era of a supposed technocrat.
If Oshiomhole actually wanted to act godfather and continue living on Edo State resources as alleged by Obaseki, wouldn't Oshiomhole have, like it had already been done in Akwa Ibom, Lagos, Zamfara, Delta and many other states by his contemporary governors; sponsored a bill to the Edo State House of Assembly for creation of post - office pension, allowances and salaries for ex-governors, ex-deputy governors and ex-speakers? But we all remember that Oshiomhole rejected the idea when it was suggested to him back then and never signed the bill into law.

1 Like

Re: Governor Okowa's N30 Billion Drainage Collapses In Delta State (Photos) by Sapeleboy911(m): 3:22pm On Mar 27, 2022
Deadlytruth:

I agree with you that no one should be comfortable with godfatherism but with Obaseki's activities within Edo PDP now, it should be clear that his accusation of godfatherism against Oshiomhole was only an attempt to connect himself to the sympathy of the relatively ignorant electorate as a way to divert attention from his non-performance query by the APC which gave him ticket for first term on the assumption that he was in the best position to continue with Oshiomhole's legacy of quality and fundamentally impactful projects like interstate roads and frenzied spate schools renovation.
If Oshiomhole actually wanted to act godfather and continue living on Edo State resources as alleged by Obaseki, wouldn't Oshiomhole have, like it was done in Akwa Ibom, Lagos, and many other states by his contemporary governors, sponsor a bill to the Edo State House of Assembly for creation of post - office pension, allowances, and salaries? But we all remember that Oshiomhole rejected the idea when it was suggested to him back then.
All in all, Oshiomole is not perfect he has his shortcomings but I still prefer him more than the rogues and thieves we have in Delta state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo: When Buhari Finishes With Nepa / Osun Election: Fans Hail Davido, Knock Portable Over Appearance At Campaign / Ladies Join Topless Protest In Lagos #OurMumuDonDo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.