Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,821 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

Russia, Ukraine Exchange Prisoners Of War - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia, Ukraine Exchange Prisoners Of War (33809 Views)

Ukrainain Soldiers Execute & Shoot The Legs Of Russian Prisoners Of War (Video) / Russia - Ukraine War In Pictures, From The Frontlines (Photos) / Russia - Ukraine War Tension: Live Updates (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia, Ukraine Exchange Prisoners Of War by ijustdey: 7:21pm On Mar 24, 2022
Russia and Ukraine have exchanged prisoners, Kyiv announced on Thursday, in what it said was the first swap of soldiers since Moscow ordered troops into Ukraine one month ago.

“Following an order from President Volodymyr Zelensky, the first fully-fledged exchange of prisoners of war has taken place,” Ukrainian Vice Prime Minister, Iryna Vereshchuk wrote on Facebook.

“In exchange for 10 captured occupiers we rescued 10 of our servicemen,” she said, referring to Russian and Ukrainian troops.

Vereshchuk also said that 11 Russian civilian seamen rescued near the Black Sea port city of Odessa were exchanged for 19 Ukrainian civilian ship crew members held by Moscow.

Russia’s foreign ministry said earlier this week that Moscow had completed two prisoner swaps since it launched its invasion of Ukraine late last month.

On Monday, Russia’s human rights ombudsman, Tatiana Moskalkova, said that nine Russian prisoners were exchanged for the mayor of Melitopol, a city in southeastern Ukraine captured by the Russian army.

Vereshchuk on Wednesday confirmed the Melitopol swap but denied any others had taken place.

https://punchng.com/russia-ukraine-exchange-prisoners-of-war/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia, Ukraine Exchange Prisoners Of War by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 24, 2022
Even Putin now understand he's fighting a fruitless war. those wailing Putin now its almost a month still getting setbacks..look at the people he lost..never to a dictator

173 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Russia, Ukraine Exchange Prisoners Of War by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:25pm On Mar 24, 2022
Weak Putin.. really weak..how long is it really taking this weakling to overun kyiv..his puppet are really getting inpatient tho.. grin

123 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Russia, Ukraine Exchange Prisoners Of War by Gentlerespect76: 7:25pm On Mar 24, 2022
ijustdey:

Lalasticlala
Besides the loss of men and materials, I would have said this two countries are acting.

24 Likes

Re: Russia, Ukraine Exchange Prisoners Of War by Toktee(m): 7:44pm On Mar 24, 2022
Hisbah21:
Even Putin now understand he's fighting a fruitless war. those wailing Putin now its almost a month still getting setbacks..look at the people he lost..never to a dictator
Putin robots are coming for you.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia, Ukraine Exchange Prisoners Of War by Toktee(m): 7:46pm On Mar 24, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Weak Putin.. really weak..how long is it really taking this weakling to overun kyiv..his puppet are really getting inpatient tho.. grin
His robots in nigeria said kyiev will fall in a matter of days that russia army are 5 kllimetres away from city center...that was a week ago.

111 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Russia, Ukraine Exchange Prisoners Of War by joyandfaith: 7:48pm On Mar 24, 2022
ijustdey:

Lalasticlala

Exchange of POW means war is coming to an end.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia, Ukraine Exchange Prisoners Of War by joyandfaith: 7:49pm On Mar 24, 2022
Gentlerespect76:

Besides the loss of men and materials, I would have said this two countries are acting.

War is actually an art.

6 Likes

Re: Russia, Ukraine Exchange Prisoners Of War by Gentlerespect76: 8:44pm On Mar 24, 2022
joyandfaith:

War is actually an art.
Yeah; the art of war. You are correct.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia, Ukraine Exchange Prisoners Of War by Truvelisback(m): 9:20pm On Mar 24, 2022
Hisbah21:
Oga, na friendly match.

10 Likes

Re: Russia, Ukraine Exchange Prisoners Of War by Downtrod: 10:00pm On Mar 24, 2022
Fjust like in the movies
Re: Russia, Ukraine Exchange Prisoners Of War by NwaNimo1(m): 10:00pm On Mar 24, 2022
Radioactivity exchange.......?

4 Likes

Re: Russia, Ukraine Exchange Prisoners Of War by DoctorOlasDesk: 10:00pm On Mar 24, 2022
lol. E don red for Putin. I believe an uprising will erupt in Russia anything from this weekend that will go on to become uncontrolled and lead to the death of Putin. Wait out for it. I repeat, this weekend

18 Likes

Re: Russia, Ukraine Exchange Prisoners Of War by englishmart(m): 10:01pm On Mar 24, 2022
Stop this prolonged war. I want Abrahimovic to take back his Chelsea

15 Likes

Re: Russia, Ukraine Exchange Prisoners Of War by VladimirPutiin(m): 10:01pm On Mar 24, 2022
God bless Vladimir Putin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia, Ukraine Exchange Prisoners Of War by Giffted(m): 10:01pm On Mar 24, 2022
Omo e don come down to negotiation now

2 Likes

Re: Russia, Ukraine Exchange Prisoners Of War by jerflakes(m): 10:01pm On Mar 24, 2022
I thought Ukraine soldiers weren't captured?

Only russian soldiers were captured.

According to the media.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Russia, Ukraine Exchange Prisoners Of War by Mko123(m): 10:01pm On Mar 24, 2022
right in our eyes, they've turned this war to season film of different episode

Continue ooo but sha no allow the actors die oo or else I will unfollow the next episode

1 Like

Re: Russia, Ukraine Exchange Prisoners Of War by GooseBump: 10:01pm On Mar 24, 2022
Is there a reason why Ukraine cant attack Moscow? Just asking

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia, Ukraine Exchange Prisoners Of War by iCauseTrouble: 10:01pm On Mar 24, 2022
shocked
Re: Russia, Ukraine Exchange Prisoners Of War by Topmaike007(m): 10:01pm On Mar 24, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Putin collect food for your mouth

9 Likes

Re: Russia, Ukraine Exchange Prisoners Of War by Puremaker8: 10:01pm On Mar 24, 2022
Lol
Re: Russia, Ukraine Exchange Prisoners Of War by SILVERLINES: 10:02pm On Mar 24, 2022
wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia, Ukraine Exchange Prisoners Of War by Puremaker8: 10:03pm On Mar 24, 2022
Toktee:
Putin robots are coming for you.
said sleepy joe Robot

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia, Ukraine Exchange Prisoners Of War by shaggy007(m): 10:03pm On Mar 24, 2022
jerflakes:
I thought Ukraine soldiers weren't captured?

Only russian soldiers were captured.

According to the media.

I swear, the media made it seem only russian soldiers were captured.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia, Ukraine Exchange Prisoners Of War by Puremaker8: 10:04pm On Mar 24, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
I thought only Russian Soldiers were captured.

14 Likes

Re: Russia, Ukraine Exchange Prisoners Of War by ImoleNaija: 10:04pm On Mar 24, 2022
Putin's lovers on NL would be like, "Na lie, Ukraine didn't capture any Russian soldiers. Putin just released the captured Ukraine soldiers to show that him be boss".

I bin dey think say Putin & his army are invincible until now.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Russia, Ukraine Exchange Prisoners Of War by Videour(m): 10:04pm On Mar 24, 2022
GooseBump:
Is there a reason why Ukraine cant attack Moscow? Just asking
it will escalate to the use of nuclear bomb

6 Likes

Re: Russia, Ukraine Exchange Prisoners Of War by atheistandproud(m): 10:04pm On Mar 24, 2022
Meh
Re: Russia, Ukraine Exchange Prisoners Of War by Dpharisee: 10:04pm On Mar 24, 2022
This is the twentieth Ukraine story on FP today, Nairaland no get important information to send to FP again
Re: Russia, Ukraine Exchange Prisoners Of War by oluseyiforjesus(m): 10:04pm On Mar 24, 2022
Wat will bloggers gain from lies

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"I Am Sorry" Tony Blair Apologizes For Iraq War / President Nayib Bukele Takes A Selfie At 74th UNGA / Israelis Kill Three Palestinian Militants As Violence Spirals (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.