Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,961 members, 7,821,382 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

President Nayib Bukele Takes A Selfie At 74th UNGA - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / President Nayib Bukele Takes A Selfie At 74th UNGA (33840 Views)

President Bukele Of El Salvador Has Deployed 4000 Soldiers To Three Communities / Bukele: El Salvador Adopts Bitcoin As Legal Tender, The First Country / Ivanka Trump’s Bra-less Outfit At UNGA Grabs World Attention (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Nayib Bukele Takes A Selfie At 74th UNGA by ikorodureporta: 8:52am On Sep 28, 2019
The President of El-Salvador, Nayib Bukele, shocked his distinguished listeners at the 74th United Nations General Assembly on Thursday when he brought out his phone and took a selfie before delivering his speech.

The 38-year-old president has since tweeted the august photograph via his verified Twitter handle @nayibbukele. He captioned it #UNSelfie.

He also posted the photograph on his Facebook wall, as well as on his Instagram page.

As reported by many media, the president said, “Believe me, many more people will see this selfie than will hear this speech.”

Bukele, a former mayor of San Salvador, El-Salvador’s capital, took office in June, and is reputed to be a prolific social media user.

In fact, he commands over one million followers on Twitter, 931 on Instagram, and over two million followers on Facebook. All the social media handles are verified.

The #UNSelfie has since received thousands of shares across the president’s social media platforms, thousands of retweets, thousands of comments, and as much reactions.

In his speech, he attributed his election victory to his mastery of platforms like Facebook Live, which he said his political opponents did not fully grasp.

Source: http://punchng.com/el-salvador-president-takes-selfie-while-addressing-74th-unga/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Nayib Bukele Takes A Selfie At 74th UNGA by 9jvirgin(m): 1:16pm On Sep 28, 2019
The moments of glory is rare. When you have the opportunity, chance it and make the most of the moment.

I don't blame him, if it were me I will do a VIDEO.

154 Likes 5 Shares

Re: President Nayib Bukele Takes A Selfie At 74th UNGA by hensben(m): 1:16pm On Sep 28, 2019
Smh. Unserious leaders everywhere.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Nayib Bukele Takes A Selfie At 74th UNGA by slawomir: 1:17pm On Sep 28, 2019
hensben:

Just for that act he has become unserious abi?
Sometimes it is good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive
Life is really simple but we insist on making it complicated
That is why most of the time i smile and do what gives me joy by smoking weed, Banging ladies, drinking alcohol and also trying to make money because life itself is very funny

203 Likes 11 Shares

Re: President Nayib Bukele Takes A Selfie At 74th UNGA by Kayceo2010: 1:17pm On Sep 28, 2019
smiley
Re: President Nayib Bukele Takes A Selfie At 74th UNGA by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 28, 2019
K
Re: President Nayib Bukele Takes A Selfie At 74th UNGA by doy56: 1:17pm On Sep 28, 2019
IF YOU ARE GENUINELY READY TO SAY BYE BYE TO BEEN SINGLE THIS 2019 AND GO INTO 2020 MARITALLY FULFILLED, THEN LET THE MATCHMAKING BEGIN FOR YOU, NOW!

WEDDING CONGRATULATIONS to this another couple that is getting married this coming January (picture on Admin's DPs on TELEGRAM AND WHATSAPP)! MORE AND MORE SERIOUS RELATIONSHIPS ARE BEEN MATCHMADE HERE ON THE AUTHENTIC PLATFORM OF LOVE EVERYDAY AND THE TESTIMONIES HAVE BEEN INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU ARE NOT ON THE TELEGRAM OR THE TELEGRAM GROUP YET BUT YOU CAN ONLY DO WHATSAPP? NO PROBLEM. LET'S MATCHMAKE YOU RIGHT AWAY ON THE ADMIN'S WHATSAPP NUMBER

Due to popular demand as hundreds of eligible singles here have not been connected because they have not been able to do TELEGRAM either due to the compatibility on their phones, lack of phone space, issue of personal privacy or whatever, then

HERE IS THE GOOD NEWS....

If you know that you are ready to connect with a potential soulmate on the Platform of Love, all you need to do is to message the Admin on whatsapp without any need to join the TELEGRAM group (ONLY FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT ON THE OFFICIAL TELEGRAM GROUP). And once your details have been verified, possible genuine and serious matchmaking starts IMMEDIATELY!

If you really want this year to be your last year of being single just like DAVIDO/CHIOMA and the newest couple on my DP, then....

WHATSAPP your able and passionate ADMIN NOW (due to massive numbers of people here, dont worry about any delay in response, I WILL ATTEND TO EVERY SERIOUS INDIVIDUALS ALL THE WAY!)

PLEASE NOTE: If you are not ready for anything serious (in other words, if you are not ready for marriage, DONT BOTHER MESSAGING ADMIN!)

AM MATCHMAKING SERIOUSLY AND SERIOUSLY BETWEEN NOW AND END OF THE MONTH OF OCTOBER ON AN AGGRESSIVE LEVELSSSSS!

REGISTRATION, MEMBERSHIP AND MATCHMAKING ARE ABSOLUTELY FREE

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Nayib Bukele Takes A Selfie At 74th UNGA by RichFoundation(m): 1:18pm On Sep 28, 2019
young blood... not lifeless old wicked Abba Kyari

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Nayib Bukele Takes A Selfie At 74th UNGA by Thunday1005(m): 1:18pm On Sep 28, 2019
smiley
Re: President Nayib Bukele Takes A Selfie At 74th UNGA by BabaIbo: 1:18pm On Sep 28, 2019
If this guy is Nigeria president, he would have made BBN a national program and declare public holiday on the 99th (final) day

20 Likes

Re: President Nayib Bukele Takes A Selfie At 74th UNGA by Tweetums(f): 1:18pm On Sep 28, 2019
He gonna belong now...

1 Like

Re: President Nayib Bukele Takes A Selfie At 74th UNGA by PureGoldh(m): 1:18pm On Sep 28, 2019
Cameras pop, pop. Strike a pose

Kindly check my signature below first..Tankio smiley
Re: President Nayib Bukele Takes A Selfie At 74th UNGA by mbahdi(m): 1:18pm On Sep 28, 2019
U say
Re: President Nayib Bukele Takes A Selfie At 74th UNGA by emmyid(m): 1:18pm On Sep 28, 2019
This is epic. Yeah, some rift ratf will cuss him for this, but trust me, this will go down memory lane. This is for clout and posterity. Nothing like bad publicity.

5 Likes

Re: President Nayib Bukele Takes A Selfie At 74th UNGA by mayormick(m): 1:19pm On Sep 28, 2019
Is okay, just ensure you offer your country more than selfie
Re: President Nayib Bukele Takes A Selfie At 74th UNGA by FamousMonk: 1:19pm On Sep 28, 2019
hensben:
It's quite unfortunate that with all your seriousness you'd never ever be a leader in your family,not to mention the leader of a country..
Seriousness doesn't pay..

32 Likes

Re: President Nayib Bukele Takes A Selfie At 74th UNGA by Fountainofyouth(f): 1:19pm On Sep 28, 2019
If it was an African President who did that, especially Nigeria, the insults here would be out of the world, one even said he is "a president that knows what he is doing" as if he lives in El Salvador, low esteem and hypocrisy on display here....

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Nayib Bukele Takes A Selfie At 74th UNGA by Lamasta(m): 1:19pm On Sep 28, 2019
The whole world will make way for a Man/Woman who knows where He/She is going.

I love the President's swag him no send as far as his message is passed to the world.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Nayib Bukele Takes A Selfie At 74th UNGA by oluwasegun007(m): 1:19pm On Sep 28, 2019
He has good reasons though...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Nayib Bukele Takes A Selfie At 74th UNGA by marztar(m): 1:19pm On Sep 28, 2019
Pls help my business by following @teemay1 fashion on instagram. Not asking for money,,.. Just help by following...thanks
Re: President Nayib Bukele Takes A Selfie At 74th UNGA by NOC1(m): 1:19pm On Sep 28, 2019
What was he saying that led to that, if what he was saying has no connection with his action it is disrespectful and not commendable.
I can see people applauding him because he is not a Nigerian, let us pray that a Nigerian did this, the reaction no for be here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Nayib Bukele Takes A Selfie At 74th UNGA by Pavore9: 1:19pm On Sep 28, 2019
As reported by many media, the president said, “Believe me, many more people will see this selfie than will hear this speech.”..Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: President Nayib Bukele Takes A Selfie At 74th UNGA by itsme01: 1:19pm On Sep 28, 2019
angry

politicians and showmanship

Re: President Nayib Bukele Takes A Selfie At 74th UNGA by Proffdada: 1:20pm On Sep 28, 2019
He may not get the chance again grin
Re: President Nayib Bukele Takes A Selfie At 74th UNGA by princemillla(m): 1:20pm On Sep 28, 2019
His life style his choice
Re: President Nayib Bukele Takes A Selfie At 74th UNGA by CharlesJok3r: 1:20pm On Sep 28, 2019
See a leader full of energy and swags...
I doubt the lifeless herdsman in asokoro even know how to operate a simple smartphone.
Re: President Nayib Bukele Takes A Selfie At 74th UNGA by chiefolododo(m): 1:20pm On Sep 28, 2019
9jvirgin:
The moments of glory is rare. When you have the opportunity, chance it and make the most of the moment.

I don't blame him, if it were me I will do a VIDEO.

1 Like

Re: President Nayib Bukele Takes A Selfie At 74th UNGA by DrBasit(m): 1:20pm On Sep 28, 2019
That's great to have a 38 year old president in El Salvador....He's got Swag

2 Likes

Re: President Nayib Bukele Takes A Selfie At 74th UNGA by Fidelismaria: 1:21pm On Sep 28, 2019
Cool

Technology has taken over

It's only in zoogeria people vote archaic leaders
Re: President Nayib Bukele Takes A Selfie At 74th UNGA by A305: 1:21pm On Sep 28, 2019
We are in a digital and selfie revolution so it's normal. The power train of this car below in my signa ture is A1

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Armed Man With 'hit List' Including Biden, Arrested On Way To White House / "I Am Sorry" Tony Blair Apologizes For Iraq War / Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.