Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,175 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Is It Ok Using A Minibus (Korope) As A Family Car? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is It Ok Using A Minibus (Korope) As A Family Car? (1893 Views)

Kindly Recommend A Family Car(3 Rows) / Help Needed In Starting A Minibus Transportation Company - Abuja / First Crash: ₦99 Million Aurus Senat A.K.A Putin's Limo Damaged By A Minibus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ok Using A Minibus (Korope) As A Family Car? by surrogatesng: 11:14pm On Mar 24, 2022
Is it ok using a minibus as a family car? I saw a minibus today which i fancied.It comes with a factory third row seat

The design is not common and i plan on customizing it and putting alloy rims.

Both i and my wife have cars of our own,and we are expecting a fourth baby.i am afraid that a sedan will not easily fit six of us.

Is it advisable to buy or i should just save money and buy sienna.

Another reason why i want to huy the minibus is its fuel economy and availability of parts.

I also want to know if i register the minibus with a private number will i need to install a speed limiter on it?

Pics of vehicle attached

Re: Is It Ok Using A Minibus (Korope) As A Family Car? by thorpido(m): 11:17pm On Mar 24, 2022
It's a vehicle that will serve you not minding the fact that it is used mostly for commercial purposes.
If it meets your budget and purpose,go for it.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ok Using A Minibus (Korope) As A Family Car? by surrogatesng: 11:26pm On Mar 24, 2022
Thanks
thorpido:
It's a vehicle that will serve you not minding the fact that it is used mostly for commercial purposes.
Re: Is It Ok Using A Minibus (Korope) As A Family Car? by Kingpee2(m): 12:15am On Mar 25, 2022
Bro’s,this Korope is a nice ride ,check out some YouTube videos to see how it is customized in China and Japan,you go fear,as long as you can make a difference trust me ,jealousy and influence will fall on the people around you and your environment..
Re: Is It Ok Using A Minibus (Korope) As A Family Car? by fineboynl(m): 12:48am On Mar 25, 2022
grin grin buying a car with no Tyre
Re: Is It Ok Using A Minibus (Korope) As A Family Car? by talktimi(m): 1:15am On Mar 25, 2022
fineboynl:
especially in a country where tires are not sold at all, op is really funny undecided

3 Likes

Re: Is It Ok Using A Minibus (Korope) As A Family Car? by Mhykel217(m): 1:42am On Mar 25, 2022
Abeg just buy sienna.

Sha u knw ur pocket...buh sienna for sharp

3 Likes

Re: Is It Ok Using A Minibus (Korope) As A Family Car? by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 4:59am On Mar 25, 2022
This will be a nice project especially if you can get the AC working, I'm rooting for you
Re: Is It Ok Using A Minibus (Korope) As A Family Car? by matrix199(m): 5:35am On Mar 25, 2022
Strange. It's a bus, a no fancy bus. Some couple of savings could add to what already have to buy this 'family bus' to aid you buy a nicer family car like the sienna.

This is the kind of 'family bus' you drive your family to a function and everyone by the road keeps flagging you down shouting 'Area 1', 'Obalende', 'CMS'

10 Likes

Re: Is It Ok Using A Minibus (Korope) As A Family Car? by surrogatesng: 7:53am On Mar 25, 2022
Thank you very much sir
Kingpee2:
Bro’s,this Korope is a nice ride ,check out some YouTube videos to see how it is customized in China and Japan,you go fear,as long as you can make a difference trust me ,jealousy and influence will fall on the people around you and your environment..
Re: Is It Ok Using A Minibus (Korope) As A Family Car? by surrogatesng: 7:55am On Mar 25, 2022
The pic of the vehicle is not mine.I am just showing a pic of the exact model i intend buying
fineboynl:
Re: Is It Ok Using A Minibus (Korope) As A Family Car? by surrogatesng: 7:56am On Mar 25, 2022
ok sir
Mhykel217:
Abeg just buy sienna.

Sha u knw ur pocket...buh sienna for sharp
Re: Is It Ok Using A Minibus (Korope) As A Family Car? by shox(m): 9:16am On Mar 25, 2022
Expecting a fourth child in this buhari democracy. And still wan buy car join?

Na Baba you be

6 Likes

Re: Is It Ok Using A Minibus (Korope) As A Family Car? by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 9:40am On Mar 25, 2022
So you want to live the rest of your life wishing you did something or actually saying YES, I did it ? I'm sure you saw hundreds of Siennas before you settled on this. The Sienna isn't a bad ride, don't get me wrong but I can see you want something different so why not go for what you want and have that fulfillment itch scratched off ? Next week, you can decide to go for a 2022 Sienna and nobody will begrudge you

6 Likes

Re: Is It Ok Using A Minibus (Korope) As A Family Car? by surrogatesng: 9:54am On Mar 25, 2022
Thank you sir
MASTAkiLLAh:
So you want to live the rest of your life wishing you did something or actually saying YES, I did it ? I'm sure you saw hundreds of Siennas before you settled on this. The Sienna isn't a bad ride, don't get me wrong but I can see you want something different so why not go for what you want and have that fulfillment itch scratched off ? Next week, you can decide to go for a 2022 Sienna and nobody will begrudge you

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok Using A Minibus (Korope) As A Family Car? by surrogatesng: 9:56am On Mar 25, 2022
Thank you sir
MASTAkiLLAh:
This will be a nice project especially if you can get the AC working, I'm rooting for you

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok Using A Minibus (Korope) As A Family Car? by okoroemeka(m): 6:46pm On Mar 25, 2022
thorpido:
will he be ready for local government thugs,road unions,produce and revenue officers,agberos and police,pls leave that car and look for a sanity friendly vehicle,that bus is purely a commercial vehicle,it is just like driving a Toyota Dyna as private car.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Ok Using A Minibus (Korope) As A Family Car? by skywalker240(m): 9:59pm On Mar 25, 2022
surrogatesng:
Is it ok using a minibus as a family car? I saw a minibus today which i fancied.It comes with a factory third row seat

Both i and my wife have cars of our own,and we are expecting a fourth baby.i am afraid that a sedan will not easily fit six of us.

Another reason why i want to huy the minibus is its fuel economy and availability of parts.

I also want to know if i register the minibus with a private number will i need to install a speed limiter on it?

Pics of vehicle attached
My nigga here in Benin does,

Don't ever reason what anyone would say, sienna or whatnot

Just get what's in your heart, it's a nice ride
Re: Is It Ok Using A Minibus (Korope) As A Family Car? by sonety2k(m): 5:26am On Mar 26, 2022
surrogatesng:

Pics of vehicle attached

My friend have some to sell in case you interested direct from Japan With Good price , Different types
Re: Is It Ok Using A Minibus (Korope) As A Family Car? by chemashie(m): 8:40am On Mar 26, 2022
sonety2k:

My friend have some to sell in case you interested direct from Japan With Good price , Different types
Can you share some images here and prices? Thank you.
Re: Is It Ok Using A Minibus (Korope) As A Family Car? by duality(m): 9:46am On Mar 26, 2022
okoroemeka:
will he be ready for local government thugs,road unions,produce and revenue officers,agberos and police,pls leave that car and look for a sanity friendly vehicle,that bus is purely a commercial vehicle,it is just like driving a Toyota Dyna as private car.

And the sienna?

More than half of the sienna on Nigeria roads are for commercial.

@Op,

If you like the vehicle, go for it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok Using A Minibus (Korope) As A Family Car? by sonety2k(m): 7:48pm On Mar 26, 2022
chemashie:

Alright

Re: Is It Ok Using A Minibus (Korope) As A Family Car? by sonety2k(m): 7:48pm On Mar 26, 2022
chemashie:

Alright .

Re: Is It Ok Using A Minibus (Korope) As A Family Car? by Kingsoul1(m): 10:56am On Mar 27, 2022
You can go for it but make sure you get a clean one. Install bigger rims and tyres, apply light tint on the side glasses for privacy. Though I would have preferred the Suzuki to this one. The Suzuki looks much more appealing. I have some units available for sale

Re: Is It Ok Using A Minibus (Korope) As A Family Car? by chemashie(m): 1:26pm On Mar 27, 2022
sonety2k:

Alright
what's the price?
Re: Is It Ok Using A Minibus (Korope) As A Family Car? by okoroemeka(m): 7:44pm On Mar 27, 2022
chemashie:
what's the price?
the price of that matchbox will shock you
Re: Is It Ok Using A Minibus (Korope) As A Family Car? by buygala(m): 8:27pm On Mar 27, 2022
duality:

And the sienna?

[/b]More than half of the sienna on Nigeria roads are for commercial.[b]

@Op,

If you like the vehicle, go for it.

Please what research did you do to arrive at the bolded conclusion? ?

You can make your point without manufacturing fairy tales Sir smiley
Re: Is It Ok Using A Minibus (Korope) As A Family Car? by EgunMogaji2: 8:54pm On Mar 27, 2022
I don’t tell people what vehicle you buy. That being said I owned one for well over a year in Ibadan.

The 4WD was a life saver. Parts were an issue because it’s not as common as the Suzukis. This one is rear engine.

Good luck.
Re: Is It Ok Using A Minibus (Korope) As A Family Car? by duality(m): 10:32am On Mar 28, 2022
buygala:

Please what research did you do to arrive at the bolded conclusion? ?

You can make your point without manufacturing fairy tales Sir smiley

Did you do your research to counter my point?
Re: Is It Ok Using A Minibus (Korope) As A Family Car? by buygala(m): 10:39am On Mar 28, 2022
duality:

Did you do your research to counter my point?

What point?

The one you manufactured out of your anus??

(1) (Reply)

The Gallant BMW 7 Series. / Techron Injector Cleaner Needed In Lagos / Camry 2.4L Grade 1 Tokunbo Engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.