Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Court Sacking: INEC Suspends Action On Umahi’s Defection, Cites Reasons - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Sacking: INEC Suspends Action On Umahi’s Defection, Cites Reasons (24247 Views)

Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft / INEC Suspends Rivers State Election / Cabinet Reshuffle: Buhari Suspends Action Till After APC National Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Sacking: INEC Suspends Action On Umahi’s Defection, Cites Reasons by Fr33born(m): 8:47am On Mar 25, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Court Sacking: INEC Suspends Action On Umahi’s Defection, Cites Reasons by Way4orward: 8:48am On Mar 25, 2022
Remman:
The votes belongs to the candidate and not to the party otherwise parties wouldn't present any candidate during elections. The party is just a platform for a candidate to be presented to the public who then cast their vote TO WHOM THEY DESIRE, because any party without a candidate can't be voted for. INEC is wise. However, This judgement means that we have dead brain judges in this country. Their brain only work when money enters their accounts.

Bro votes belongs to party not candidates.

Ask yourself this question. Why are people fighting for APC AND PDP TICKETS? They should have gone to AA , SDP .... to get there ticket.

2 Likes

Re: Court Sacking: INEC Suspends Action On Umahi’s Defection, Cites Reasons by jlinkd78(m): 8:50am On Mar 25, 2022
N
Re: Court Sacking: INEC Suspends Action On Umahi’s Defection, Cites Reasons by backbone503(m): 8:50am On Mar 25, 2022
Wise move by INEC. Stay action until all legal avenues are exhausted

2 Likes

Re: Court Sacking: INEC Suspends Action On Umahi’s Defection, Cites Reasons by Ebubu: 8:51am On Mar 25, 2022
hoyze24:
Why is INEC saying this few days after Umahi met Buhari?
Fear the presidency
Re: Court Sacking: INEC Suspends Action On Umahi’s Defection, Cites Reasons by Aystarz: 8:54am On Mar 25, 2022
Remman:
The votes belongs to the candidate and not to the party otherwise parties wouldn't present any candidate during elections. The party is just a platform for a candidate to be presented to the public who then cast their vote TO WHOM THEY DESIRE, because any party without a candidate can't be voted for. INEC is wise. However, This judgement means that we have dead brain judges in this country. Their brain only work when money enters their accounts.
The Constitution is expressive on this issue. The parties get the vote, not the flag bearer.

Dead brain judges you call your betters abi? Well I'm pretty sure you don't have a judge in your family, and that explains why you turned out dull and empty, advertising your ignorance on a public forum as this. .

I feel for those who own you. What a jerk!
Re: Court Sacking: INEC Suspends Action On Umahi’s Defection, Cites Reasons by Cajal(m): 8:55am On Mar 25, 2022
Supreme court will settle it while DAVE will have been chilling in the senate
Re: Court Sacking: INEC Suspends Action On Umahi’s Defection, Cites Reasons by Addme: 8:55am On Mar 25, 2022
Remman:
You are absolutely right. This reminds me of Bayelsa Election and the judgement that made Douye Diri , the governor
Re: Court Sacking: INEC Suspends Action On Umahi’s Defection, Cites Reasons by Olololonwa: 8:56am On Mar 25, 2022
Remman:

Then why do parties remove a candidate when there a ringing in their primary elections?
Re: Court Sacking: INEC Suspends Action On Umahi’s Defection, Cites Reasons by mexite: 9:00am On Mar 25, 2022
If I may ask, have you ever voted before in Nigeria?

Remman:

1 Like

Re: Court Sacking: INEC Suspends Action On Umahi’s Defection, Cites Reasons by yudee233: 9:00am On Mar 25, 2022
Remman:
Kindly check the recently concluded Abuja LGA election and count the number of seats won by APC without a candidate name

1 Like

Re: Court Sacking: INEC Suspends Action On Umahi’s Defection, Cites Reasons by Osanoghodua1: 9:00am On Mar 25, 2022
Umahi is gone, the votes belongs to the party, in an election, we don't get to see the name of the candidate but the party. If people had seen Umahi on election paper, they would have voted against him but they saw PDP.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sacking: INEC Suspends Action On Umahi’s Defection, Cites Reasons by Perfectbeing(m): 9:02am On Mar 25, 2022
Umahi really said he's gaining weight.. The man no send anybody papa

1 Like

Re: Court Sacking: INEC Suspends Action On Umahi’s Defection, Cites Reasons by Llight101(m): 9:16am On Mar 25, 2022
Remman:
It's like you're just coming back to the country.
How did Bello of Kogi State came to power?

1 Like

Re: Court Sacking: INEC Suspends Action On Umahi’s Defection, Cites Reasons by TroubleMaker47(m): 9:18am On Mar 25, 2022
Remman:

When Audu of Kogi won election and died before swearing in, who assumed the ownership of the votes?

In Imo west senatorial by elections, who was APC's candidate on the ballot and what was the ruling before the election and declaration?

In Rivers state Amaechi Vs Omehia, who campaigned, who ran and who won the election? Finally who was sworn in & what was supreme court's verdict on owner of votes?
Re: Court Sacking: INEC Suspends Action On Umahi’s Defection, Cites Reasons by famology(m): 9:20am On Mar 25, 2022

1 Like

Re: Court Sacking: INEC Suspends Action On Umahi’s Defection, Cites Reasons by famology(m): 9:22am On Mar 25, 2022
Too many bad news for the children of hate. Lol.....
Re: Court Sacking: INEC Suspends Action On Umahi’s Defection, Cites Reasons by codenameSTYNO(m): 9:23am On Mar 25, 2022
True that the votes belong to the party.
But personally I don't vote party, I vote for the candidate irrespective of the part and probably most people do the same.

All that aside anyone that wants this Governor gone, I wonder does that person really like progress?
The Governor Dave Umahi has done exceptionally well, I served in Ebonyi state and saw with my own eyes, I'm not sure in the entire Nigeria there's any governor that performed as well as he has.
Yes he is not perfect and could improve in certain areas but I will chose him any day any time!
He completely transformed Ebonyi State!

That state that used to be called the dust of the nation, I had a tough time when I found out I was going to serve in Ebonyi but at the end the transformation I witnessed made me believe all we need a leader with the right agenda and the will to see to it's fruition!
Re: Court Sacking: INEC Suspends Action On Umahi’s Defection, Cites Reasons by desiredhome: 9:23am On Mar 25, 2022
haffaze777:
God bless Dave Umahi and Ebonyin stategrin
Shame on wicked wike the desperado

1 Like

Re: Court Sacking: INEC Suspends Action On Umahi’s Defection, Cites Reasons by TroubleMaker47(m): 9:28am On Mar 25, 2022
fastseo:

Why will he leave office? This is the only governor in South East and Southern state in general that is doing extremely well in terms of development in relation to income received. Over 10 flyovers with standard road network all over the state
Personally i feel bad that this is happening to Umahi, regardless of party, i still love the guy and his works in Ebonyi, but this is beyond an individual, this would finally bring sanity to our political sphere in general, parties would have a stronger hold on candidates and as such, the parties would be held responsible for the candidates misrule and can easily be punished at the ballots on the next elections.
In the current democratic setting of Nigeria, CANDIDATES CAN'T BE PUNISHED because after there tenure, they would simply hide behide a popular party and win elections elections with the party having no say in their style of governance.
Every resonable person that has the progress of Nigeria should be excited by this news
Re: Court Sacking: INEC Suspends Action On Umahi’s Defection, Cites Reasons by ofuonyebi: 9:34am On Mar 25, 2022
if not because our country is always walking upside-down
how can an ordinary high cout overule its oga...the supreme court on a case that has been settled for decades
afterall where was the judge when the the Sarakis, Tambuwas of niger defected from APICI and still maintained their office?
shame...this judge must be searched with tourchlight...ooo!!
Re: Court Sacking: INEC Suspends Action On Umahi’s Defection, Cites Reasons by TroubleMaker47(m): 9:37am On Mar 25, 2022
Addme:

You are absolutely right. This reminds me of Bayelsa Election and the judgement that made Douye Diri , the governor
Douye Diri won because the "PARTY(APC) was DISQUALIFIED for not presenting a candidate that meets the minimum requirement"
The emphasis on PARTY DISQUALIFICATION!!!
Re: Court Sacking: INEC Suspends Action On Umahi’s Defection, Cites Reasons by Thinktwicemybro: 9:45am On Mar 25, 2022
fastseo:

Why will he leave office? This is the only governor in South East and Southern state in general that is doing extremely well in terms of development in relation to income received. Over 10 flyovers with standard road network all over the state
He did well does not mean he should become a political prostitute without consequences. These unnecessary ambition makes monkery of our democracy and internal party democracy. It must stop.
Re: Court Sacking: INEC Suspends Action On Umahi’s Defection, Cites Reasons by fastseo: 10:01am On Mar 25, 2022
TroubleMaker47:

Personally i feel bad that this is happening to Umahi, regardless of party, i still love the guy and his works in Ebonyi, but this is beyond an individual, this would finally bring sanity to our political sphere in general, parties would have a stronger hold on candidates and as such, the parties would be held responsible for the candidates misrule and can easily be punished at the ballots on the next elections.
In the current democratic setting of Nigeria, CANDIDATES CAN'T BE PUNISHED because after there tenure, they would simply hide behide a popular party and win elections elections with the party having no say in their style of governance.
Every resonable person that has the progress of Nigeria should be excited by this news

You have a point here bro
Re: Court Sacking: INEC Suspends Action On Umahi’s Defection, Cites Reasons by Kfed4ril(m): 10:44am On Mar 25, 2022
Remman:

What if in situations as we’ve seen in the past where the APC on the day on the election still didn’t have a candidate, but the appeared on the ballot and won, in that case will you say the vote was casted for the candidate or the party.
Re: Court Sacking: INEC Suspends Action On Umahi’s Defection, Cites Reasons by codenameSTYNO(m): 10:50am On Mar 25, 2022
Thinktwicemybro:

He did well does not mean he should become a political prostitute without consequences. These unnecessary ambition makes monkery of our democracy and internal party democracy. It must stop.

So far it's not against the law to defect, and so until it is it's not a crime, but I think we shouldn't discard someone like him because of something like this.

And for his ambition, after seeing what he did with the state, I have no issues if he is seeking to be president because obviously he means well inspite of this.
Re: Court Sacking: INEC Suspends Action On Umahi’s Defection, Cites Reasons by saintadeola: 12:20pm On Mar 25, 2022
Well,systematically,vote belongs to party,in my own opinion,if umahi contest in AD party,chances is high he wount get such vote nor win,most Nigeria vote for party,that's why they will good man in unpopular party,he will be getting 20 votes in d whole nigeria
Re: Court Sacking: INEC Suspends Action On Umahi’s Defection, Cites Reasons by Nobody: 12:50pm On Mar 25, 2022
Justice Ekwo lack constitutional jurisdiction
Re: Court Sacking: INEC Suspends Action On Umahi’s Defection, Cites Reasons by colon(m): 2:05pm On Mar 25, 2022
Votes belongs to political party and not candidate. That is why logo of political party are on ballot and not individual.
I think there is a precedence on this already in the case of Amechi.
For the legislatures that defected, they should be parking their bags, cos final judgement ends at appeal
Re: Court Sacking: INEC Suspends Action On Umahi’s Defection, Cites Reasons by colon(m): 2:07pm On Mar 25, 2022
The case of the Governor will end at supreme court, and by then, the Governor will already be on his way out.
All these political prostitutions needs to end.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Femi Olu-Kayode Denies Disowning Any Of His Children / I Have Not Visited Buhari In London – Idris, IGP / Atiku Reacts To Bank PHB Allegations From Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.