Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,567 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Faith, Life And Love (culled From Archives) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Faith, Life And Love (culled From Archives) (284 Views)

FromThe Archives-Winners Chapel Liberation Mandate Clocks 39 / Faith And David Oyedepo During Their Courtship Days (Throwback Photo) / Lady Sees Her Menstruation At Living Faith Church, Umuahia After 6 Years (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Faith, Life And Love (culled From Archives) by Muyiwamary(f): 1:27am On Mar 25, 2022
01:14am

I have known about the blog website for about 2 years now, fantastic write ups about the 3 awesome word up there, and not until now did i realise i had great materials for free at my fingertips i wasn't really utilizing in terms of reading them as i should, getting more knowledgeable, synchronizing my thoughts (positively obviously) to what other people also think. I have been short changing my knowledge bank, even the scriptures says, in all of thy gettings, get Wisdom, Get Knowledge, it's profitable to direct.

Then again, forget, some people creativity is from above, so top-notch, i can tell you for free (in my supervisor's voice), she is so used to using this statement.

Oh well, the purpose of this page is to share the contents right here, i don't want to learn all of these truths alone, anything that will profit me, or my brothers or my sisters, i do not hoard, i share, that's a ministry on it's own. Sit back and enjoy these truths.
Re: Faith, Life And Love (culled From Archives) by Muyiwamary(f): 1:33am On Mar 25, 2022
I picked this particular article, 'cause the topic caught my attention, and i can so relate to it

Love Talk: What Are You Looking For?

In the past months, I have been hearing of my primary, secondary and even university mates getting married. Even my cousins are getting married too. I am supposed to be feeling pressured, but I am not, even despite the fact that my parents are knocking heaven’s door on my behalf ?. Oh well…

Following through those that are already married has roused certain questions in my mind. In seeking answers to these questions, I met with a very cute friend of mine, who is deeply passionate about this aspect of our life. And I thought I should share her views with you, which, by the way, left me bedazzled.

Me: Hi babe! What’s up?

Janet: Hey girl! I am good oh! What’s going on? All our mates are getting married!

Me: As in ehn! But, come to think of it. As more people are getting married, more people are getting divorced. Why? Is it that they have not found what they are looking for?

Janet: Well, basically, I don’t know. I am not in their heads, minds or hearts. (Lol)

Me: (Lol) Let me ask you then. What is that special thing you are looking for?

Janet: You know how petite I am, and how I am “smaller” than the shortest person on campus. Well, I have always thought to myself how warmly it would be spending the rest of my life with a person that doesn’t make what is already obvious, obvious all over again. I mean, I get to be teased all day outside. Coming home, I want to breathe fresh air, like let me hear something new that doesn’t have to do with my stature.

Me: Wow! I see! Hmmm… Do you think you will be able to find what you are looking for?

Janet: No, actually. You see, majority of us make this kind of mistake. We are looking for a “human” (flesh and blood) that has the capacity and capabilities to save us from our shortcomings for life. We keep searching, then think we have found what we are looking for, and as time passes, the truth about our “result” begins to unveil. We get frustrated realizing that our “superhero” was never capable in the first place, and we want to quickly back out. We all have, over time, tend to lose sight of one very crucial truth about relationships. The “faith” of our “fantasies” can never be fulfilled by humans. All humans have shortcomings; each person looking for the same thing you are looking for. I, personally, put the “faith” of my “fantasies” becoming a reality in the reality of God’s kind of Faith in the institution He Himself created. Meaning, His desires for me overrides my one thousand and one wishlists that surely can never stand the test of time, in the real sense of it. But you see, when God is the driver of your passion and fantasies, you will dream right, you will hope right, you will seek right, and you will love right.

Me: Babe, you just got me into the deeps right there! You made mention of “one thousand and one wishlists”. What’s wit that? On a serious note though, what are you looking forward to seeing in your relationship and marriage?

Janet: First of all, let me state that I look forward to being with a man I can submit to and having the man cherish me reciprocally. My “smallness fantasy” was one of my fantasies. But, with maturity, I know such fantasy cant’t stand the test of time. Let me tell you what is highly paramount to me. As a woman, I am a follower, and I need a leader. As a daughter of God and believer of the Gospel, I have a destiny to fulfill. This implies that I have a duty to locate the right leader that would keep leading me on to Christ till eternity. I am looking for a partner to do life with, a partner who does life, each passing day, in Christ. In reality, this is the bedrock of a sustainable relationship and marriage.
Casting Crowns rightly put it in the song lyric of Broken Together, Thrive Album;

“Maybe you and I were never made to be complete

Could we just be broken together

If you can bring your shattered dreams and I’ll bring mine

Could healing still be spoken and save us

The only way we’ll last forever

Is broken together”

You see, the only way relationships would last is both partners coming together, broken as they are, with their gaze fixed on Jesus Christ, the Author and Finisher of our faith, in whom the realities of our fantasies ceaselessly find expression.

Me: *Bedazzled* (See rhema!) Yaaaay! This is it!

Janet: Haha! Gerrarehia mehn!

That was amazing, wasn’t it? I believe some atom of truth has struck your soul. So now, before you go up (and down) that aisle, before you propose to her, before you say “I do”, let me ask you, “What, exactly, are you looking for?

Be sure to want what really counts and you MUST NOT settle till you find it.

Thank you for reading!!

Please note, i didn't write this, i am only sharing
Re: Faith, Life And Love (culled From Archives) by Muyiwamary(f): 9:44pm On Mar 26, 2022
Enjoy!

How to Deal With What You Cannot Change

I entered the room fully lit by a few minutes past 2am, Peter like the other boys in the room were fast asleep but I notice the piece of clothing over Peter’s face. I didn’t have to think too much; he doesn’t like sleeping with the light on, but in this hostel setting where it is nobody’s room, Peter has no other choice but to make the best of the not so fair or pleasant experience, and from his look, he is enjoying his sleep.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, The courage to change the things I can, And the wisdom to know the difference. _ Reinhold Niebuhr

Those words may seem as lack of faith, but they are true. I have seen them be the real secret of a life of happiness. Do you know how many people are living today, throwing their whole life away, joy and peace just in pursuit of what they cannot have or change? Can you sincerely smile when the words DENIED boldly displayed before you, even when it is your right? How do you deal with what you cannot change?

The serenity; peace of mind, to accept the things you cannot change, the things that you just have to manage or live with or live without. This is not an excuse not to push or aim, not a reason to settle for the statuesque.

In the original version of Niebuhr’s serenity prayer, he added;

Living one day at a time,

Enjoying one moment at a time,

Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace…

Not all things are meant to be changed, the inconvenient, the bad and the ugly. Some are just school teachers, they are gone once the subject is mastered. Hear how James puts it “for when the way is rough, your patience has a chance to grow. “So let it grow, and don’t try to squirm out of your problems (So don’t try to get out of anything prematurely). For when your patience is finally in full bloom, then you will be ready for anything, strong in character, full and complete” James 1:2-3.

At the same time, you are not always supposed to live with the inconvenience, the bad and the ugly. Some are meant to be changed. We have people that are satisfied with all their life’s experiences why some others are dissatisfied with everything. Neither of these two is the best, but those that have the wisdom to know the difference between the two live life shoulder high, face lit all the time. Without the wisdom, you will be entangled in an endless battle. Trying to change what can never change causing a life of frustration. And when you live with what is meant to be changed you short-change yourself.

So join Reinhold Niebuhr in saying the serenity prayer, embrace life in its wholeness. Before you pray for a thorn in the flesh to leave, ask if it was meant to be changed at all.
I really hope this article communicates what it’s meant to, embracing life even when you have to live with somethings and not faithlessness and complacency.

This made me remember one of career dream of working in one of the big 4's, i think i have tried all of the 4's actually, sometimes last year, i was at the verge of getting one of them, like i got to the point of medicals, i had done medicals (to blood test, xray tests) at Lagoon Hospitals, VI, prayers have been made, i had fasted, i was good right, i was so confident it was settled, while others where worried and all, i stood firm, encouraging them, telling them what God's word says, the day i got a regret mail, after a year and almost 6 months on the whole application cycle....

I had seen messages flying on Whatsapp and all, everyone was talking, i ran to my mail inbox, mine was waiting for me, i was actually in a danfo bus at that time, i read the mail, it looks so surreal, i was steering at my phone, i didn't know when tears cascaded down on my right eye, when i realised then the tear on the other eye fell....I had high hopes meehn! I cried from a place of pain, it happened, i can't change it.

What ministered to my heart after the whole thing was, you want the big 4 right? but as graduate trainee, but you can always enter as an experienced hire, what about that? It sounds good right, that's better....I have come to know that there are times in life when what you want, God doesn't actually want it for you, 2 way, or he doesn't want it for you at that time, or he wants something more, bigger or better for you.....This God!!! there's a clause, provided you're a son, sonship priviledges though....

I hope something resonate with you?

Re: Faith, Life And Love (culled From Archives) by Muyiwamary(f): 12:47pm On Mar 29, 2022
29th March, 2022
[i]
PEOPLE OVERSABILITY

This present specie of human are the know it all kind, permit me to use [b]“Homo Sabi”, we too dey form sabi (apology to my non-Nigerian readers), we never admit ignorance even when we obviously don’t have the slightest idea of what the topic or situation or someone is all about.

That’s why a lot of people; mostly Nigerian went to drop their RIP messages on Morgan Freeman’s page, and I saw another person saying “RIP Nelson Mandela, Your I have a dream speech was amazing”. Please what is wrong with admitting ignorance or seeking knowledge and exposure? No man is an island of knowledge, we learn everyday and the first stage to gaining wisdom is admitting your lack of it.

This leads me to what I want to address with is post, and I will call it the “People Oversabilty”. Most of the times we conclude knowing all about someone most especially their personality, way before you meet them. We have our own “xrayed” outcome, well analyzed view of their likes, dislikes, mannerism, but mostly their personalities, leading to making our personal conclusion of who they are and what they can or can’t do.

One of my blog readers once said my life must be perfect judging from my write-ups, but I definitely can’t claim perfection, like I was a big victim of this “People Oversabilty”, and it almost cost me the most important person in my life at the moment, funny how I look back and realize how stupid my sense of judgment was, I was damn wrong, too blinded or shortsighted by my level of life’s experience and personal exposure just to finally give meeting her a chance to discover I almost made the biggest loss of my existence.
Read a friends experience also, but here I happen to be at the receiving end; the victim.

“It was hectic that day as I saw Tolu and am like “we are in the same department in school, so let me just say hi for hi sake”. I went to camp frustrated and I jst wanted it to be over with, and as if that wasn’t enough, I had an accident on ma way to camp, so you can just imagine the position that I was in.
Going straight to the point, its not a good thing to judge someone from afar and I do that a lot but my encounter with Tolu changed everything.
My perception of Tolu during our school days was like those rigid folks, “just there guys”, nothing to look forward to meeting them. I felt he was just one of those people that don’t engage in other things and is just boring. I met him and that was it. We talked and we were flowing and am like is this Tolu or someone else….Believe me, it wasn’t a cure for boredom, trust me. But it is really not good to judge someone without knowing the person. You won’t know what you are throwing away with your eyes widely opened.”

I personally feel the least you owe everybody is a chance to prove themselves. What will it hurt you to give them a benefit of doubt to prove themselves before drawing your conclusion. Worse still is the people whose conclusion of others is based on someone else’s judgment, how sad, if the other person is bent on creating enmity between you both, like numerous stories of blackmail that I have heard, one person telling her friend’s boyfriend a well fabricated cooked up story of how the so-called girlfriend is a flirt and has slept with all the guys on her NYSC orientation camp, just as to get him from her, God bless his stupid head and shallow heart if he swallows it raw without verifying.

My advice:
Don’t draw your conclusion until after you have carried out your test on the parameters based on the hypothesis, sounds scientific � . All I am saying is that you give everybody the chance to prove themselves, either as the worst demon or best angel, because it is never written on their face neither is it seen on the surface of a persons personality. And peoples opinion can’t as well be trusted, they are as shallow and assupmtious as you are. Humans are better at keeping their true identity than chameleons, we have all done that at a time or the other.

Why is this important, you might be losing your wife, business partner, helper…right under your nose. Be wise!!!
[/b]
.[/i]

2 things stood out for me here;
i.) Wisdom is profitable to direct
ii.) James 1:5
Re: Faith, Life And Love (culled From Archives) by DevilsEqual(m): 8:34am On Apr 05, 2023
Muyiwamary:
01:14am

I have known about the blog website for about 2 years now, fantastic write ups about the 3 awesome word up there, and not until now did i realise i had great materials for free at my fingertips i wasn't really utilizing in terms of reading them as i should, getting more knowledgeable, synchronizing my thoughts (positively obviously) to what other people also think. I have been short changing my knowledge bank, even the scriptures says, in all of thy gettings, get Wisdom, Get Knowledge, it's profitable to direct.

Then again, forget, some people creativity is from above, so top-notch, i can tell you for free (in my supervisor's voice), she is so used to using this statement.

Oh well, the purpose of this page is to share the contents right here, i don't want to learn all of these truths alone, anything that will profit me, or my brothers or my sisters, i do not hoard, i share, that's a ministry on it's own. Sit back and enjoy these truths.

Can I PM you...i wanna take up Data Analysis as a course and i have few questions to ask as regards that
Re: Faith, Life And Love (culled From Archives) by Muyiwamary(f): 8:54am On Apr 05, 2023
DevilsEqual:

Good Morning
Yes please
My mailing address is muyiwamary2015@gmail.com

Thank you!

Can I PM you...i wanna take up Data Analysis as a course and i have few questions to ask as regards that
Re: Faith, Life And Love (culled From Archives) by Muyiwamary(f): 2:20pm On Jan 16
My God Kind of Man
Yikes!!!!

I want a man that has a relationship with Jesus,
I want a man who has discover his purpose, and has a vision for himself,
I want a man that has a relationship with the HS,
I want a man God has broken,
I want a man that would hold me on the Journey of Faith, Marriage,
I want a man that has values,
I want a man that is matured,
I want a man that have sense,
I want a man full of wisdom and godly understanding,
I want a man that will keep choosing me,
I want a man that would stand on my side in the public, and scold me in the private
I want a man that would be a testament of God's unending love for me
I want a man that would do Jesus with me eternally
I want a man that would hold me by my hand to Agree
I want a priest that would hold my home together
I want a man that raise godly offsprings with
I want a kind man
I want a faithful man
I want a leader
I want a man that keeps reminding me, as one of the best life decisions he's ever made
I want a man that blesses God, everyday, how much he is grateful to be doing life and destiny with his own daughter
I want a man that would put me second after Jesus Christ
I want a man that would pamper me to stupor
I want a man that would say, Toyo baby I'm taking you around the 🌎, nations to nations
I want a man that we would open up to me and see me as a safe place
I want a man that would be so intentional in taking care of me and our offsprings
I want a man that is consistent in communication
I want a man I prayed for
I want a man that would always sing of how he is proud of me, how far we have come, and how proud he is to be doing his life with me
I want a man that is Thoughtful like Meeeeeeeeeeeeee!
I want a man that would literally carry me on his head
I want a man that people would always tell me, oh! Toyo, you married your own Husband
I want a man, that would see YMR, as our year end retreat ritual,
I want a man that honors and respects me,
I want a man led by God to me with convictions,
Lastly, I want a Son that Shines, then I'll call him My SonShine🌻🌻

#one thing I know is, there are still sons.......
and I'll do life with one of them....

1 Like

Re: Faith, Life And Love (culled From Archives) by omotola90(m): 4:26pm On Jan 16
Muyiwamary:
My God Kind of Man
Yikes!!!!

I want a man that has a relationship with Jesus,
I want a man who has discover his purpose, and has a vision for himself,
I want a man that has a relationship with the HS,
I want a man God has broken,
I want a man that would hold me on the Journey of Faith, Marriage,
I want a man that has values,
I want a man that is matured,
I want a man that have sense,
I want a man full of wisdom and godly understanding,
I want a man that will keep choosing me,
I want a man that would stand on my side in the public, and scold me in the private
I want a man that would be a testament of God's unending love for me
I want a man that would do Jesus with me eternally
I want a man that would hold me by my hand to Agree
I want a priest that would hold my home together
I want a man that raise godly offsprings with
I want a kind man
I want a faithful man
I want a leader
I want a man that keeps reminding me, as one of the best life decisions he's ever made
I want a man that blesses God, everyday, how much he is grateful to be doing life and destiny with his own daughter
I want a man that would put me second after Jesus Christ
I want a man that would pamper me to stupor
I want a man that would say, Toyo baby I'm taking you around the 🌎, nations to nations
I want a man that we would open up to me and see me as a safe place
I want a man that would be so intentional in taking care of me and our offsprings
I want a man that is consistent in communication
I want a man I prayed for
I want a man that would always sing of how he is proud of me, how far we have come, and how proud he is to be doing his life with me
I want a man that is Thoughtful like Meeeeeeeeeeeeee!
I want a man that would literally carry me on his head
I want a man that people would always tell me, oh! Toyo, you married your own Husband
I want a man, that would see YMR, as our year end retreat ritual,
I want a man that honors and respects me,
I want a man led by God to me with convictions,
Lastly, I want a Son that Shines, then I'll call him My SonShine🌻🌻

#one thing I know is, there are still sons.......
and I'll do life with one of them....

mama sonshine....how about your cfa ma? are you in lag? I need your textbooks for professional ican stage

1 Like

Re: Faith, Life And Love (culled From Archives) by Muyiwamary(f): 10:54am On Jan 18
omotola90:
mama sonshine....how about your cfa ma? are you in lag? I need your textbooks for professional ican stage

Lol
Afi Mama SonShine🌻
My CFA is in God's hands.... thanks for asking

For my ICAN exams eehn, I always paid late, like the week registration closes.... and the cons was I was always unable to claim my packs.

But I'll talk to some of my friends that just finished, if they still have theirs...
Re: Faith, Life And Love (culled From Archives) by omotola90(m): 12:00pm On Jan 18
Muyiwamary:

Lol
Afi Mama SonShine🌻
My CFA is in God's hands.... thanks for asking

For my ICAN exams eehn, I always paid late, like the week registration closes.... and the cons was I was always unable to claim my packs.

But I'll talk to some of my friends that just finished, if they still have theirs...
Alright...thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Animals Have Emotions Just Like Humans / Spiritual Works For Failure. / Full Video Of Opm General Overseer Presenting 14 Mini Flats, Scholarship & A Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.