Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

What's The Most Hurtful Thing Your Parent(s) Has/have Ever Told You? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Most Hurtful Thing Your Parent(s) Has/have Ever Told You? (785 Views)

Funny Thing Your Spouse Did While You Were Quarreling That Got You Laughing / What's The Craziest Thing Your Mom Ever Caught You Doing? / What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Most Hurtful Thing Your Parent(s) Has/have Ever Told You? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 25, 2022
What's the worse thing your mom or dad has said to you?

That has hurt and scarred you... That you can neither forgive nor forget.
Re: What's The Most Hurtful Thing Your Parent(s) Has/have Ever Told You? by Bigredmachine: 11:01pm On Mar 25, 2022
No matter how bad it's... My mum has never opened her mouth to say any negative thing towards her children... I use my mum as a point of contact to all hardworking mother's all over the world... May y'all enjoy the fruits of ur womb...

But u see my father ennnnn, him own Na to dey compare up and down...

When I could not pass my WAEC after 3 attempts... My father told me am wasting his money... I still regret those statements till tomorrow
Re: What's The Most Hurtful Thing Your Parent(s) Has/have Ever Told You? by illicit(m): 11:05pm On Mar 25, 2022
That I will be a Nigerian President

I want to retire at 50 abeg

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Hurtful Thing Your Parent(s) Has/have Ever Told You? by VOsimhen144(m): 11:08pm On Mar 25, 2022
illicit:
That I will be a Nigerian President

I want to retire at 50 abeg
Wow!!!

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Hurtful Thing Your Parent(s) Has/have Ever Told You? by illicit(m): 11:10pm On Mar 25, 2022
VOsimhen144:
Wow!!!

Yeah u must be 70s before u can be A Nigerian President

At that age I want to be sleeping and waking at my leisure
Re: What's The Most Hurtful Thing Your Parent(s) Has/have Ever Told You? by VOsimhen144(m): 11:24pm On Mar 25, 2022
illicit:

Yeah u must be 70s before u can be A Nigerian President

At that age I want to be sleeping and waking at my leisure
Just like our predecessors, you can also use the president office as an retirement place. What do you think?

This is Nigeria, many people will surely vote for you. Just give us 1 cup of rice and 1k. We'll vote for you.

Re: What's The Most Hurtful Thing Your Parent(s) Has/have Ever Told You? by illicit(m): 11:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
VOsimhen144:
Just like our predecessors, you can also use the president office as an retirement place. What do you think?

This is Nigeria, many people surely vote for you. Just give us 1 cup of rice and 1k. We'll vote for you.

Na my town I wan retire put abeg

Vote for Jesus lol
Re: What's The Most Hurtful Thing Your Parent(s) Has/have Ever Told You? by VOsimhen144(m): 11:32pm On Mar 25, 2022
illicit:

Na my town I wan retire put abeg
Vote for Jesus lol
Lol.. Okay. Bye bye o!

Re: What's The Most Hurtful Thing Your Parent(s) Has/have Ever Told You? by illicit(m): 11:34pm On Mar 25, 2022
VOsimhen144:
Lol.. Okay. Bye bye o!

Sai gobe
Re: What's The Most Hurtful Thing Your Parent(s) Has/have Ever Told You? by Vinnie2000(m): 11:35pm On Mar 25, 2022
Op, talk ur own first!
Re: What's The Most Hurtful Thing Your Parent(s) Has/have Ever Told You? by Yusufisraelj(m): 11:36pm On Mar 25, 2022
Datboredberry:
What's the worse thing your mom or dad has said to you?

That has hurt and scarred you... That you can neither forgive nor forget...

Seun
Mynd44
Lalasticlala

If you want honest inputs start with your own story. Give what you expect.
Re: What's The Most Hurtful Thing Your Parent(s) Has/have Ever Told You? by Popjoan1: 11:38pm On Mar 25, 2022
Bigredmachine:
No matter how bad it's... My mum has never opened her mouth to say any negative thing towards her children...

you will one day become a father...
Re: What's The Most Hurtful Thing Your Parent(s) Has/have Ever Told You? by Bigredmachine: 11:59pm On Mar 25, 2022
Popjoan1:
you will one day become a father...

I won't make the same mistake my father is making...
Re: What's The Most Hurtful Thing Your Parent(s) Has/have Ever Told You? by Popjoan1: 12:04am On Mar 26, 2022
Bigredmachine:

I won't make the same mistake my father is making...
you won't have to,your children will choose your wife above you... it's not your fault,but the effect of the society they live in might affect them,and if you said your father mistake was comparing you to others alone,then he ain't wrong dawg.
Re: What's The Most Hurtful Thing Your Parent(s) Has/have Ever Told You? by Rosement(f): 12:12am On Mar 26, 2022
My mum words cannot even hurt me but my dad shouting alone is enough to make me cry, the words doesn't even matter.
Re: What's The Most Hurtful Thing Your Parent(s) Has/have Ever Told You? by Demigod22: 3:15am On Mar 26, 2022
I never got any hurtful comment from my parents because Dad died when I was young and I didn't grow up with Mom. It was after my graduation from University before NYSC that I decided to work things out with Mom for my emotional health.
Re: What's The Most Hurtful Thing Your Parent(s) Has/have Ever Told You? by Messi1997: 7:01am On Mar 26, 2022
I broke my leg and my dad told me that i keep giving him problems even the nurse scolded me and naive me thought i was a problem child,but now i realise he was wrong and he brought me up the wrong way.
Re: What's The Most Hurtful Thing Your Parent(s) Has/have Ever Told You? by Cardealer2021(m): 7:23am On Mar 26, 2022
My parents has never scold me or said a hurtful to me angry
I went to boarding school all through my secondary school.
Back in uni I never visit home during holidays.
I can't remember when last I have a one on one discussion with dem tongue
They don't see me often
Re: What's The Most Hurtful Thing Your Parent(s) Has/have Ever Told You? by RiyadhGoddess(f): 8:04am On Mar 26, 2022
Dad: Sending you to school will be a waste. I was told if I send you to school, you will run away to follow man undecided

Dad & Mom: You have a bad mark in your body that spoils things. Don't touch my things (I lived in this fear for years) lool

Dad: Nothing good can come out of her

Dad & Mom: Don't go close to her. She's a bad influence

Dad & Mom: Among many others!

In fact, my parents have never said anything positive in my whole life on earth not even a single blessing, hugs, I love you undecided but they enjoy spending my little change like na their right but small problem come, the return back to their negativity.
I grew up with Parental hurtful words. I dey take am baff, I dey drink am, I dey chop am. That one became an anthem. Africa oh my Africa Parents grin

In all of it, I give God the Glory because I am not all that's is being said of me today grin

Ladies seeking a place to rent for a short period (a week, a month, 2 month), I have an apartment for short let at Abraham Adesanya Estate Ajah for shikini money (13k per week) pere smiley. Pay and move in nikan loku grin.
See my profile for more info
Re: What's The Most Hurtful Thing Your Parent(s) Has/have Ever Told You? by Sheddy5(m): 8:24am On Mar 26, 2022
Bigredmachine:
No matter how bad it's... My mum has never opened her mouth to say any negative thing towards her children... I use my mum as a point of contact to all hardworking mother's all over the world... May y'all enjoy the fruits of ur womb...

When I could not pass my WAEC after 3 attempts... My father told me am wasting his money... I still regret those statements till tomorrow
3 attempts? Wow... I wrote my once and i passed with good grades.. But you're lucky though, if it's my parents, after once failed attempt "go and learn handwork"
Re: What's The Most Hurtful Thing Your Parent(s) Has/have Ever Told You? by Bigredmachine: 9:15am On Mar 26, 2022
Sheddy5:

3 attempts? Wow... I wrote my once and i passed with good grades.. But you're lucky though, if it's my parents, after once failed attempt "go and learn handwork"

It would have been better if I had gone to learn that handwork... Today of what use is having all these certificates with no job...

Don't you think those who have handwork are far better than me now... At least with their handwork they can never go hungry...

My dad is that kind of man that believes in go to school, come out and go get a job ... On my part I didn't realise the dangers of depending too much on school certificate... It's now am trying to shape myself to get good at something like coding and software engineering
Re: What's The Most Hurtful Thing Your Parent(s) Has/have Ever Told You? by Sheddy5(m): 10:14am On Mar 26, 2022
Bigredmachine:

It would have been better if I had gone to learn that handwork... Today of what use is having all these certificates with no job...

Don't you think those who have handwork are far better than me now... At least with their handwork they can never go hungry...

My dad is that kind of man that believes in go to school, come out and go get a job ... On my part I didn't realise the dangers of depending too much on school certificate... It's now am trying to shape myself to get good at something like coding and software engineering
well, your parents are right and you're also right, remember nigerian as a country can change anyone dream job or dream course, the only course that have no job scarcity and opportunity is nursing and doctor....

you mean you go back to school to learn coding and software engineering? Or you're learning it online?
Re: What's The Most Hurtful Thing Your Parent(s) Has/have Ever Told You? by Bigredmachine: 10:38am On Mar 26, 2022
Sheddy5:

well, your parents are right and you're also right, remember nigerian as a country can change anyone dream job or dream course, the only course that have no job scarcity and opportunity is nursing and doctor....

you mean you go back to school to learn coding and software engineering? Or you're learning it online?

No o school Ke... Am learning it online o... Even UI UX design... I just want to be good at something in the technology world, I hope to be a front end web developer before year ends by God's grace
Re: What's The Most Hurtful Thing Your Parent(s) Has/have Ever Told You? by Sheddy5(m): 6:17pm On Mar 26, 2022
Bigredmachine:

No o school Ke... Am learning it online o... Even UI UX design... I just want to be good at something in the technology world, I hope to be a front end web developer before year ends by God's grace
are you making progress in it?
i also have does skills in mind to learn beside i want to study computer engineer in school.
Re: What's The Most Hurtful Thing Your Parent(s) Has/have Ever Told You? by Emotionalbeing(f): 10:12pm On Mar 26, 2022
You're not getting any younger, when your mother was your age, she already had her sixth child.

Some of your mates have built houses for their parents.

It's true sha but I felt hurt.. At 30,my papa just dey give me gbas gbos cry

(1) (Reply)

Hanging Out with the gangs / / Hello, I Need Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.