Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,815 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Couple Arrested For Stealing A Baby In Osun For Mining - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Couple Arrested For Stealing A Baby In Osun For Mining (790 Views)

2 Yahoo Boys Kill Their Friend In Osun For Being Richer Than Them / Lady Burnt In Ilesha, Osun For 'Stealing Manhood' Was Mentally Ill - Sister / Lady Kills Her Friend In Osun For Telling Her Boyfriend That She's A Prostitute (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Couple Arrested For Stealing A Baby In Osun For Mining by oilPUSSY(f): 8:26am On Mar 26, 2022
A housewife resident in Iwo, Osun State, Ganiyat Abbass, and her husband, Olatunbosun, have been arrested by the police for allegedly stealing a six-day-old baby.

The couple was paraded on Friday by the Osun State Commissioner of Police, Wale Olokode.

Also paraded were two suspected fraudsters, identified as Olaolu James and Favour Ige; as well as four suspected armed robbers – Agbebaku David, Olubunmi Adewale, Oderinde Oluwaseun, and Oluwaseun Adejuyigbe.

Giving details of the crimes committed by the suspects, the Osun police boss said the Abbass were reported to habe on Thursday, March 24 stolen a six-day-old baby girl from its lactating mother, Jemilat Musa.

Ganiyat was alleged to have tricked the mother, said to be having a medical challenge, with some wraps of cornmeal and N200 for bean cake.

“Shortly after the baby’s mother left to buy the bean cake, the suspect quickly put the baby inside a sack and ran away. The suspects were arrested in the early hours of Friday, March 25, 2022, in collaboration with the civilian JTF,” Olokode said.

Responding to questions from Saturday PUNCH, Ganiyat, who said she had yet to have her own baby, explained that she did not intend to steal the baby.

Speaking in Yoruba language, Ganiyat said, “I live in the same house with the mother of the baby. On Thursday, I bought cornmeal for her and she requested for bean pod. I gave her N200 to buy it. Immediately she left, the baby started crying and I tried all tricks to make her stop crying but the baby did not stop crying.

Read Also
Police launch search for Lagos dispatch rider over alleged theft of baby
Baby theft: Judge rejects request to bar journalists from covering proceeding
Mentally-ill woman wrongfully accused of baby theft, gun possession lynched in Lagos
“So, I decided to take the baby and walked to my fiancé’s house in the Agbowo area of Iwo around 8pm. I lost my way while going and upon inquiring for direction from some people, I was accosted and alleged of stealing the baby. My husband was also arrested.”

The police boss said all the suspects would be taken to court after an investigation into their various crimes had been concluded.

https://punchng.com/osun-housewife-husband-arrested-for-stealing-six-day-old-baby/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1648276702-1

Lalasticlala Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: Couple Arrested For Stealing A Baby In Osun For Mining by sammy7410(m): 8:27am On Mar 26, 2022
No comment

2 Likes

Re: Couple Arrested For Stealing A Baby In Osun For Mining by chatinent: 8:33am On Mar 26, 2022
For those Nigerians who believe when they die they'll go to hell, you are wrong. You are already in Nigeria.
Re: Couple Arrested For Stealing A Baby In Osun For Mining by SHINJA: 8:37am On Mar 26, 2022
I don't believe this news..such thing can only exist in the east ..land of cannibals and pigs
Re: Couple Arrested For Stealing A Baby In Osun For Mining by Odin13: 8:38am On Mar 26, 2022
Yoruba

This people eh.. baby

Dem no get any particular kinda of skull.. for Yoruba skull is skull. undecided

Na dia problem .. Na dia skull.. make them mine.

But during 80’s and 90’s .. only God knows the amount they mined then ..and dem them Dey control print media then..

Walahi them finish igbos sad
Re: Couple Arrested For Stealing A Baby In Osun For Mining by Halimaatz(f): 8:38am On Mar 26, 2022
Ogun state again.

1 Like

Re: Couple Arrested For Stealing A Baby In Osun For Mining by SHINJA: 8:41am On Mar 26, 2022
Odin13:
Yoruba

This people eh.. baby

But during 80’s and 90’s .. only God knows the amount they mined then ..and dem them Dey control print media then..

Tribalism will lead you to hell ..stop it angry angry
Re: Couple Arrested For Stealing A Baby In Osun For Mining by everythinggirly(f): 8:45am On Mar 26, 2022
Husband and wife for that matter? Why didn't they adopt, it is that simple! Is this witchcraft or what? Another person's nine months' sweat? In fact, they should teach them a lesson they'll never forget. Rubbish!

Contact me for your academic research writing services!
Re: Couple Arrested For Stealing A Baby In Osun For Mining by Odin13: 8:46am On Mar 26, 2022
SHINJA:

Tribalism will lead you to hell ..stop it angry angry

Start church call “ Yoruba “ and preach to them.
Re: Couple Arrested For Stealing A Baby In Osun For Mining by Suspect1: 9:02am On Mar 26, 2022
Odin13:
Yoruba

This people eh.. baby

noise!

Re: Couple Arrested For Stealing A Baby In Osun For Mining by dangermouse(m): 9:19am On Mar 26, 2022
Crime occassioned by hardship keeps increasing daily.

May God hep us I'm this country!

1 Like

Re: Couple Arrested For Stealing A Baby In Osun For Mining by Obagofixxy: 9:25am On Mar 26, 2022
Yoruba people prefer skull mining to food......

1 Like

Re: Couple Arrested For Stealing A Baby In Osun For Mining by NaijaCover(m): 3:14pm On Mar 26, 2022
Nawa o
Re: Couple Arrested For Stealing A Baby In Osun For Mining by elonmuskbaby: 12:23pm On Mar 27, 2022
A baby for goodness sake?
Re: Couple Arrested For Stealing A Baby In Osun For Mining by Karlovych: 1:05pm On Mar 27, 2022
Useless Afonj skull miners, spits.
Re: Couple Arrested For Stealing A Baby In Osun For Mining by legallyminded: 1:33pm On Mar 27, 2022
OP, your headline sha grin

(1) (Reply)

Trending Video Of Yahoo Boys Caught Doing Rituals (video) / When was the last time you visited a prison yard ?what changes about you after / Groups Gives FG 14 -days Ultimatum To Withdraw National Honours From Teni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.