Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

6 APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For Abdullahi Adamu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6 APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For Abdullahi Adamu (1642 Views)

6 APC Chieftains, Others Defect To PDP In Jigawa (Pictures) / Governor Ortom Suspends 6 APC LG Chairmen In Benue / 6 APC Governors, 27 NASS Members Joining Us Soon – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

6 APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For Abdullahi Adamu by Kwanza: 11:10am On Mar 26, 2022
6 APC Chairmanship Aspirants step down for Senator Abdullahi Adamu.

The All Progressives Congress (APC) may be getting close to having a consensus candidate for the position of National Chairman at the ongoing National Convention of the party in Abuja.

Six aspirants have agreed to step down for President Muhammadu Buhari’s choice, a former governor of Nasarawa State, Abdullahi Adamu.

Up till few hours ago, efforts to avoid an actual contest at the convention seemed impossible as some of the aspirants insisted on going out to the field, even if they failed.

The situation made having a unity list of officials for the national executive of the party difficult

However, reports have it that those who have agreed to bow to the wishes of the party to allow the President’s preferred candidate emerge are former Nasarawa State Governor, Tanko Al-Makura, former Benue State Governor George Akume, and former Zamfara State Governor Abdul’aziz Yari.

Others are Kwara State politician, Saliu Mustapha, Niger State Senator Sani Musa, and Muhammed Etsu

Ratification of other positions is expected to commence shortly.
Re: 6 APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For Abdullahi Adamu by Kwanza: 11:10am On Mar 26, 2022
Re: 6 APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For Abdullahi Adamu by Truthisunique3: 11:13am On Mar 26, 2022
Sani Musa the idiot must not step down

We want Tinubu to test his popularity with him today

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For Abdullahi Adamu by SwissMass: 11:13am On Mar 26, 2022
ok
Re: 6 APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For Abdullahi Adamu by Salvador1: 11:13am On Mar 26, 2022
grin

2 Likes

Re: 6 APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For Abdullahi Adamu by SwissMass: 11:14am On Mar 26, 2022
Truthisunique3:

5 Likes

Re: 6 APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For Abdullahi Adamu by Suspect1: 11:14am On Mar 26, 2022
Truthisunique3:

u no get job bha? Noise maker!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For Abdullahi Adamu by Truthisunique3: 11:15am On Mar 26, 2022
Suspect1:
u no get job bha? Noise maker!
today you must cry sperm grin

Suspect1:
noise indeed!
so long as below is happening

I am ok

2 Likes

Re: 6 APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For Abdullahi Adamu by LeoDeKing: 11:16am On Mar 26, 2022
grin grin grin
Re: 6 APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For Abdullahi Adamu by Suspect1: 11:18am On Mar 26, 2022
Truthisunique3:
today you must cry sperm grin
noise indeed!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For Abdullahi Adamu by Truthisunique3: 11:20am On Mar 26, 2022
Suspect1:
noise indeed!

I am ok

2 Likes

Re: 6 APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For Abdullahi Adamu by Suspect1: 11:24am On Mar 26, 2022
Truthisunique3:
I am ok
noise indeed.
Re: 6 APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For Abdullahi Adamu by FreeStuffsNG: 11:26am On Mar 26, 2022
Nice!

All these political developmemts will end in praise to God for an Asiwaju Tinubu victory at the Presidential polls next year 2023.
On the mandate of Asiwaju Tinubu I stand.
#Iyanumashele.

Please support the Asiwaju Tinubu winning train.
Thank you.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: 6 APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For Abdullahi Adamu by Truthisunique3: 11:31am On Mar 26, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Nice!

All these political developmemts will end in praise to God for an Asiwaju Tinubu victory at the Presidential polls next year 2023.
#Iyanumashele.

grin nice you say?

We all know you have been soaking your pillow since yesterday wanting Fayemi or anybody that would help you fight same consesus

FreeStuffsNG:
In fairness to HE Fayemi the report did not include an outright quote of him directly rejecting the consensus either in his individual capacity or as Chairman of NGF or SW rep at the President's parley with Governors.

However, this disclaimer is tardy, untidy and still not outrightly endorsing the consensus, in fact , that line "the President's priority was the unity of the party and he didn't know about the President endorsing any candidate for Chairman. But that if indeed the President has expressed such a view" give credence to the earlier report that the consensus is 'iffy' to him. For someone at such meeting where the consensus was reached, that remark leaves much to be desired and the "but the President that he knows is a democrat and those who do not share the view may of course contest." just muddled it all.

He is talking tongue in cheek and if he was not physically present at that meeting, perhaps it could make sense.

Right now, the verdict of the media is right and this press release seems like an reluctant afterthought he needs to avoid a confrontation with the President.

Sincerely,in my opinon after reading the media report and this press release, it is fair to state that he is not happy about the consensus and as a politician that he is, his reason is not far fetched; HE Fayemi , more likely, lost out in the power game wink
speak for yourself, you are the one not happy with consensus

Your drug god is the one who lost out of the power game

3 Likes

Re: 6 APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For Abdullahi Adamu by Oddfinder: 11:34am On Mar 26, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Nice!

#Iyanumashele.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For Abdullahi Adamu by Thesaint141(m): 11:35am On Mar 26, 2022
PrinceofLagos (1)
FreestuffsNG, LeoDeking (0)

More dramas ahead.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For Abdullahi Adamu by Penguin2: 11:36am On Mar 26, 2022
Tinubu urchins were waiting for an upset grin

They were hoping Buhari would be embarrassed and Sani Musa would become chairman so he can dash Tinubu ticket.

But there hopes are dashed…

Not a good time to be a Tinubu supporter.

First hurdle crossed.

Next is to deliver Amaechi as APC candidate.

Meanwhile, Oyedele for APC national secretary. Thunder fire Omisore.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For Abdullahi Adamu by Advocate500: 11:41am On Mar 26, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Nice!

#Iyanumashele.

Thank you.

this one have shifted his self deceit to next year lol ,we are watching oòooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For Abdullahi Adamu by Truthisunique3: 11:46am On Mar 26, 2022
Penguin2:
Tinubu urchins were waiting for an upset grin

They were hoping Buhari would be embarrassed and Sani Musa would become chairman so he can dash Tinubu ticket.

But there hopes are dashed…

Not a good time to be a Tinubu supporter.

First hurdle crossed.

Next is to deliver Amaechi as APC candidate.

Meanwhile, Oyedele for APC national secretary. Thunder fire Omisore.
if CPC manages to pull off oyedele that would be the icing of the public show of shame for Tinubu today

Imagine CPC been recognised as owners of party in south west

My expectations was that they allow ACN bring omisore to console themselves then get him sacked by 2/3 of the new buhari NEC or give the unstable head a deal he can't refuse

1 Like

Re: 6 APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For Abdullahi Adamu by Penguin2: 12:08pm On Mar 26, 2022
Truthisunique3:
if CPC manages to pull off oyedele that would be the icing of the public show of shame for Tinubu today

Imagine CPC been recognised as owners of party in south west

My expectations was that they allow ACN bring omisore to console themselves then get him sacked by 2/3 of the new buhari NEC or give the unstable head a deal he can't refuse

Noooooo

Do you know how powerful a secretary is?

He will be in charge of running the party secretariat and no party correspondence would pass without going through his table.

Handing such power to Omisore is just like Tinubu winning the chairmanship too.

As it stands, Abdullahi Adamu is of the NPDP and he is getting the chairmanship. What the CPC bloc are bringing is Oyedele and I’m sure they won’t leave it for ACN.
Re: 6 APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For Abdullahi Adamu by Truthisunique3: 12:47pm On Mar 26, 2022
Penguin2:

Noooooo

Do you know how powerful a secretary is?

He will be in charge of running the party secretariat and no party correspondence would pass without going through his table.

Handing such power to Omisore is just like Tinubu winning the chairmanship too.

As it stands, Abdullahi Adamu is of the NPDP and he is getting the chairmanship. What the CPC bloc are bringing is Oyedele and I’m sure they won’t leave it for ACN.
fingers crossed on that secretary sha

It would be complete get out of APC that Buhari would be telling Tinubu with that move

My opinion is they give Tinubu that straw to hold first, omisore or whoever is a small fry to be a problem

I don't even know if such move won't be resisted since it still an electable office which the pained tilumbu people can call for its contest, delegates may sympathize with him on this particular straw

How did Tinubu get this low sef
Re: 6 APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For Abdullahi Adamu by Penguin2: 12:59pm On Mar 26, 2022
Truthisunique3:
fingers crossed on that secretary sha

It would be complete get out of APC that Buhari would be telling Tinubu with that move

My opinion is they give Tinubu that straw to hold first, omisore or whoever is a small fry to be a problem

I don't even know if such move won't be resisted since it still an electable office which the pained tilumbu people can call for its contest, delegates may sympathize with him on this particular straw

How did Tinubu get this low sef

Greed got him this low.

Greed led Tinubu to suspend reason and fight Jonathan.

This is God paying him back in a thousand fold.

He ain’t seen nothing yet sef.

But mark my words, Oyedele would be APC secretary .
Re: 6 APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For Abdullahi Adamu by KingKO22: 1:11pm On Mar 26, 2022
Ok
Re: 6 APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For Abdullahi Adamu by Truthisunique3: 1:23pm On Mar 26, 2022
Penguin2:

Greed got him this low.

Greed led Tinubu to suspend reason and fight Jonathan.

This is God paying him back in a thousand fold.

He ain’t seen nothing yet sef.

But mark my words, Oyedele would be APC secretary .
even me don dey feel for am

We told him to defect since now buhari have organised a national show of shame for him

Oshomole, ovie agege could give their loyalist post but he may not in the entire region he claims to be leader of

BTW is not like I am unaware buhari can't sneak in the secretary name he likes since the atmosphere would be absorbed into the "unity" and let sleeping dog lie environment the consensus thing have created
Re: 6 APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For Abdullahi Adamu by wdacharley(m): 1:25pm On Mar 26, 2022
They want to chill with the bubu
Re: 6 APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For Abdullahi Adamu by Mynd44: 1:59pm On Mar 26, 2022

(1)

2023: You Don't Have To Borrow To Fund Project, I Developed Lagos - Bola Tinubu / Tinubu’s Group Warns Against Illegality, Lists Conditions For Consensus / A Comrade Tackles Peter Okoye After Posting A Photo Of Road Built By Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.