Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Darkness In The Light: Vengeance, Bitter Truths, Love And Betrayal - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Darkness In The Light: Vengeance, Bitter Truths, Love And Betrayal (297 Views)

LOST IN UNIPORT (a Story Of Vengeance, Crime And Betrayal) ft chimexplosive / The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Darkness In The Light: Vengeance, Bitter Truths, Love And Betrayal by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 26, 2022
Welcome on board loving readers. This is my first book and I've decided to share with you all.

Hope you enjoy your read!!

Copyright © 2021 Lucky Njoku

This novel should in no way be reprinted, republished, copied or transferred without the consent of the author.

On no account should parts of this book be used for other purposes or found in another book without due permission from the author.

This book is a work of fiction and any resemblance to real life characters is coincidental.

Email: njokulucky5@gmail.com

PROLOGUE

Jeff a business tycoon and oil mogul had everything he dreamt of as a kid and at 25 was one of the most successful young men in the country.

On his journey to becoming wealthy he finds out a very bitter truth about his existence which puts all he has worked for and his love life at the very edge of a black hole.

This book is a story of love, survival, trust, broken relationships and family. I guess you don't want to miss a bit, so remain tuned in and READ ON!!

CHAPTER 1:
MADE

"Ahhh, sometimes looking back I begin to ponder on how possible it was to become a billionaire before 25... but...here I am, made and ready to groove" Jeff thought reminiscing on his past.

He had so proven his doubters wrong even as a school dropout and a onetime tanker conductor.

Well, that was fate at work because without plying that route, he wouldn't have known the pros and cons of the oil industry, the shady deals and all the risk involved in harnessing the incredulous wealth of the oil sector.

Dropping out of school at 15 years of age, he had been exposed to all kinds of vices and challenges working so hard to fend for himself and his mom a petty trader.

He did all kinds of menial jobs anyone could think of and decided to become a tanker conductor because the pay was a little bit better and also because he had the opportunity to travel around the country distributing oil products with his driver and boss Mr. Roger's.

Given the time off during weekends, he goes home and buys everything necessary for his mom to see her through the week and relocated them to a better house.

He believed in hard work and humility which was a driving factor to him making important decisions, meeting the right people and getting the connection that propelled him to riches he never dreamt of.

By 21years, he was already a millionaire and enrolled into a prestigious university to study Business administration and graduated four years later with a 2nd class upper honors.

It was during his final year in school that he met Sandra a sweet loving girl and was surprised when he found out how wealthy her parents were. The two struck up a relationship that was the envy of every other couple in school and had plans on getting married after Sandra was done with school.

He had started his empire and businesses with just five drums of crude oil in the creeks of the south-south. Encounters that marred and made him, a journey for only the bravest of hearts and the willed and finally here he was, basking in all glory of his tears and sweat.

"Oh sweet peace, I have paid my dues" ....he said to himself smiling sheepishly.

"I'm damn alone in this house, I need company"... he smirked
Reaching out to the table, he picked up his phone and hit the speed dial.

"Hello"...came the feminine melody from the other side. He could die for this voice he told himself for the one millionth time..

"Howdy my goddess, your servant is loyal"... he joked

"Oh please cut the sweet talk, you always have something to say"....Sandra replied

He could hear the little laughter she gave out and visualized that beautiful smile that's always planted on her face.

"Is it a crime to adore my lady, if it is then I'm ready to be hanged" ...he continued feeling himself

"This boy the day you'll die don't say I'm the cause oh I am innocent"....she said trying so hard to contain her laughter

"This one you called by this time seems like someone needs his mummy"... she continued

"Don't forget to add sugar to it"... Jeff replied smiling

"Alright, nigga come pick me up by 8pm, let me shower and get dressed".... Sandra responded

"As you wish baby"... Jeff replied happily and tapped his chest feeling victorious and with that he ended the call.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Darkness In The Light: Vengeance, Bitter Truths, Love And Betrayal by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 26, 2022
Your contributions and comments will spur me to post on. Thanks in addy readers wink
Re: Darkness In The Light: Vengeance, Bitter Truths, Love And Betrayal by ashatoda: 1:55pm On Mar 26, 2022
Oya continue

(1) (Reply)

Far From Home / Experienced Technical Copywriters Urgently Needed (full-time) / The Tinubu's Ambition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.