Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Gas Payments In Rubles Would Backfire On EU Sanctions - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gas Payments In Rubles Would Backfire On EU Sanctions (26626 Views)

Four EU Countries Make Gas Payments In Russia's Rubbles / EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions / China Opposes US, EU Sanctions Against Russia ( Pix, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gas Payments In Rubles Would Backfire On EU Sanctions by mutvy: 4:24am On Mar 27, 2022
What does Israel got to do with this news? Stop behaving like a slave.
Uprightness100:
Definitely! It will backfire on the EU sanctions and will give Putin and Russia the upper hand. But this is what I see happening in the coming days/ months.

I see a Scenario where Most of EU and others go do Israel's Gas tho not directly from Israel. As of yesterday, I heard Egypt is now going to buy Much of Israel has and would sell to Europe.

I Believe in times to come this will anger Russia/Putin and will make him to make a move towards Israel. Which is the Ezekiel 38& 39 GogMagog War.

I Believe, Israel gas and resources is the Hook GOD ALMIGHTY will use to hook Russia down to Israel. Because what we are witnessing happening to Ukraine is quite similar to what will happen to Israel.

The same manner you the Nations do to Ukraine is the same that will happen to Israel. No one will help Israel. They will be almost annihilated but the GOD of Israel will Come down and Crush all the Collation of Nations.

4 Likes

Re: Gas Payments In Rubles Would Backfire On EU Sanctions by Jubal01: 4:29am On Mar 27, 2022
MajesticKris:
No Generation can Defeat Israel
Better wake and learn. No dey wind yourself here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gas Payments In Rubles Would Backfire On EU Sanctions by Uptownerd: 4:40am On Mar 27, 2022

Ukraine: 6 Reasons why Vladimir Putin's Russia is not Afraid of US and NATO Sanctions

“Why is Russia not afraid of Western sanctions?”

When all your aggressor does is levy more sanctions on you, they help you discover more ways of circumventing it if you look hard enough.

http://uptownerd.com/2022/02/26/ukraine-6-reasons-why-vladimir-putins-russia-is-not-afraid-of-us-and-nato-sanctions/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gas Payments In Rubles Would Backfire On EU Sanctions by Kelvin3476: 4:43am On Mar 27, 2022
Uprightness100:
Definitely! It will backfire on the EU sanctions and will give Putin and Russia the upper hand. But this is what I see happening in the coming days/ months.

I see a Scenario where Most of EU and others go do Israel's Gas tho not directly from Israel. As of yesterday, I heard Egypt is now going to buy Much of Israel has and would sell to Europe.

I Believe in times to come this will anger Russia/Putin and will make him to make a move towards Israel. Which is the Ezekiel 38& 39 GogMagog War.

I Believe, Israel gas and resources is the Hook GOD ALMIGHTY will use to hook Russia down to Israel. Because what we are witnessing happening to Ukraine is quite similar to what will happen to Israel.

The same manner you the Nations do to Ukraine is the same that will happen to Israel. No one will help Israel. They will be almost annihilated but the GOD of Israel will Come down and Crush all the Collation of Nations.
BLOOD THIRSTY FAKE PASTOR
Re: Gas Payments In Rubles Would Backfire On EU Sanctions by Kelvin3476: 4:46am On Mar 27, 2022
WATCHOVER:
Look Putin will crumble United States.
Russia has been helping even the US dollars, most of the deals Russia does before now was Dollars, that made the dollar one of the most sort out for, it made the dollar to have value. Unfortunately the United States under Biden never put this into consideration, no alternative to buy gas, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Venezuela the United States thought would help them in bringing an alternative backed out and promised to remain Neutral in this conflict, Expect Russia economy to be three times stronger than the United States and UK. The pounds is becoming Useless in value of late now
WACK ANALYSIS. THEY CAN'T WAIT TO HYPE RUSSIA

1 Like

Re: Gas Payments In Rubles Would Backfire On EU Sanctions by Makawhizzy: 4:48am On Mar 27, 2022
WATCHOVER:
Russia has been helping even the US dollars, most of the deals Russia does before now was Dollars, that made the dollar one of the most sort out for, it made the dollar to have value. Unfortunately the United States under Biden never put this into consideration, no alternative to buy gas, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Venezuela the United States thought would help them in bringing an alternative backed out and promised to remain Neutral in this conflict, Expect Russia economy to be three times stronger than the United States and UK. The pounds is becoming Useless in value of late now
Which of the pounds? Hope no be mama Charlie own you dey refer to?
Re: Gas Payments In Rubles Would Backfire On EU Sanctions by Kelvin3476: 4:49am On Mar 27, 2022
Built2last:
Ukraine seems to be winning this war on social media.

Many are clueless about what's going.

The music will be clearer in few months time.

Grave hunger and depravity is coming.

Our world will never remain the same.

The only people clueless about what is coming is African leaders
WE KNOW THAT U ARE THE ONLY INFORMED MUGU. RUSSIAN PROPAGANDA
Re: Gas Payments In Rubles Would Backfire On EU Sanctions by Makawhizzy: 4:51am On Mar 27, 2022
Whothecapfits:
Anything that cut America to size
Wetin you come gain after it’s cut into size?
Russia visa or USA visa? Even if na asylum you go still go USA
Re: Gas Payments In Rubles Would Backfire On EU Sanctions by Topmaike007(m): 4:52am On Mar 27, 2022
tradepunter:

See baba are you just ignorantly blind ...

One man declared SPECIAL OPERATIONS on a COUNTRY....

HES LOST THE NARRATIVE AND SEE IT WAS A MISTAKE.....

NOW BOMBING CITIES and KILLING CITIZENS to pressure the GOVERNMENT to cave in and you want me to support auch EVIL

His propaganda tools are here in form of RUSSIA TODAY news carriers... Am here to debunk their lies...

Serbia will be in support of Russia because YUGOSLAVIA was broken up and Serbs KILLED BOSNIANs who were majority Muslims...

Now they have broken into several countries.... Definitely Serbia vision aligns with PUTIN, they want to get back all the former states just the Putin wants to build back USSR era.... How can you force other ethnic tribes under one just because you are a majority?

If you support evil then that church you go everyday is a waste....
oga are you aware of the killing in Southern kaduna,are you aware of the war going on in Ethiopia?how many times have the west talked about it what are they doing to help?no you won't see anything like that because they don't care about your race and here you are supporting them

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gas Payments In Rubles Would Backfire On EU Sanctions by nomenclature(m): 4:58am On Mar 27, 2022
My brother, some mad men get account for nairaland, alot of people have mental illness here
tit:

Are you ok?
Re: Gas Payments In Rubles Would Backfire On EU Sanctions by seunny4lif(m): 5:08am On Mar 27, 2022

I’m not supporting any war but You are the one who is ignorant blind.

I bet you have been sleeping when Bush, Clinton and Obama declared war on other countries because of oil and those leaders trying to move away from influence of the USA unlike Russia who is protecting her own citizens.

What is the reason USA and NATO bombardment Libya, Vietnam, Panama, Somalia, Iraq and Libya.

Yemen Houtis are protecting her own land against Saudi lead allies supported by USA but they are called Terrorists.
Ukraine is doing same thing, they are called HEROES.

tradepunter:

See baba are you just ignorantly blind ...

One man declared SPECIAL OPERATIONS on a COUNTRY....

HES LOST THE NARRATIVE AND SEE IT WAS A MISTAKE.....

NOW BOMBING CITIES and KILLING CITIZENS to pressure the GOVERNMENT to cave in and you want me to support auch EVIL

His propaganda tools are here in form of RUSSIA TODAY news carriers... Am here to debunk their lies...

Serbia will be in support of Russia because YUGOSLAVIA was broken up and Serbs KILLED BOSNIANs who were majority Muslims...

Now they have broken into several countries.... Definitely Serbia vision aligns with PUTIN, they want to get back all the former states just the Putin wants to build back USSR era.... How can you force other ethnic tribes under one just because you are a majority?

If you support evil then that church you go everyday is a waste....

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gas Payments In Rubles Would Backfire On EU Sanctions by babajeje123(m): 5:14am On Mar 27, 2022
WATCHOVER:
Lol at pound is becoming useless. That must be some sort of self deceit.
Re: Gas Payments In Rubles Would Backfire On EU Sanctions by divinemichael(m): 5:18am On Mar 27, 2022
Uprightness100:

This guy, you're very stupid, to be honest. The way you relate everything to religion is very alarming. You think you're being godly, but you have gradually lost your sense of decorum and humanness.

6 Likes

Re: Gas Payments In Rubles Would Backfire On EU Sanctions by manontree: 5:20am On Mar 27, 2022
The mechanism is practically impossible. There is no swift system that supports transfer of the currency just like you cannot wire naira overseas

This same issue is why RMB is not commercially viable and china has scratched its head for years on how to make importers pay in Yuan. In the end they had to continue using dollar or euro

This talk is all Nationalistic and No action

2 Likes

Re: Gas Payments In Rubles Would Backfire On EU Sanctions by Nobody: 5:21am On Mar 27, 2022
tit:

Are you ok?

No better question has been asked on this platform
Re: Gas Payments In Rubles Would Backfire On EU Sanctions by babajeje123(m): 5:21am On Mar 27, 2022
Makawhizzy:

Which of the pounds? Hope no be mama Charlie own you dey refer to?
The joke is on the guy.
Re: Gas Payments In Rubles Would Backfire On EU Sanctions by SuprymBean: 5:28am On Mar 27, 2022
Uprightness100:

this one is higher on religion
Re: Gas Payments In Rubles Would Backfire On EU Sanctions by seunny4lif(m): 5:30am On Mar 27, 2022
manontree:
The mechanism is practically impossible. There is no swift system that supports transfer of the currency just like you cannot wire naira overseas

This same issue is why RMB is not commercially viable and china has scratched its head for years on how to make importers pay in Yuan. In the end they had to continue using dollar or euro

So, tell us how Iran is doing business then? Because Iran banks have been cut off from swift.
Iran oil trade has hit over €100B since SWIFT cut it off

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gas Payments In Rubles Would Backfire On EU Sanctions by Rilwayne001: 5:30am On Mar 27, 2022
CUMIN:
This is what Africa should do. We should have a unified front and introduce a continental wide currency.

Any commodity bought from Africa should be paid in that currency.

Gadaffi tried this, he was demonized and killed. Lol

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gas Payments In Rubles Would Backfire On EU Sanctions by deept(m): 5:33am On Mar 27, 2022
CUMIN:
This is what Africa should do. We should have a unified front and introduce a continental wide currency.

Any commodity bought from Africa should be paid in that currency.

Not only that there should be laws that prevent exporting raw materials, the materials need to be processed to some degree before leaving the continent. This will create jobs in Africa.

The wealth is in adding value to the resources not necessarily the resources itself

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gas Payments In Rubles Would Backfire On EU Sanctions by Rilwayne001: 5:40am On Mar 27, 2022
manontree:

Not all Russia banks were cut out of SWIFT though. You can ask how the EU still pay for Russian oil up till date without swift. Lol.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gas Payments In Rubles Would Backfire On EU Sanctions by frankson1(m): 5:45am On Mar 27, 2022
WATCHOVER:

When the news of Russian's Ruble payment first broke, we told them this, but the association of WAEC holders, awaiting results and JAMBITES, Nairaland branch were insulting us and telling us how "they" will continue paying in US Dollars and Putin won't do anything.

I don't feel pity for the countries who are following US like their lives depend on America. They will realize that they're all alone when things get tough for them.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gas Payments In Rubles Would Backfire On EU Sanctions by abeggnow: 5:50am On Mar 27, 2022
Uprightness100:

I see a Scenario where Most of EU and others go do Israel's Gas tho not directly from Israel. As of yesterday, I heard Egypt is now going to buy Much of Israel has and would sell to Europe.Europe gas usage is geared towards piped gas . isreal has no piepline to europe.

Re: Gas Payments In Rubles Would Backfire On EU Sanctions by PROPEACE: 6:08am On Mar 27, 2022
tit:

Are you ok?
Just finished asking myself the same question
Re: Gas Payments In Rubles Would Backfire On EU Sanctions by otomatic(m): 6:09am On Mar 27, 2022
Good move. America has weaponized the financial system using SWIFT and their Dollar currency.
Countries are now taking note.
Globalisation is now at risk.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gas Payments In Rubles Would Backfire On EU Sanctions by n3xt(m): 6:10am On Mar 27, 2022
Drenimarcus:
This is a game of chess. Russia has made its move, over to you now Europe.

Russia is actually applying checkers rule in a game of chess.

In time like this, I carefully observe and study moves.

1 Like

Re: Gas Payments In Rubles Would Backfire On EU Sanctions by defash8: 6:13am On Mar 27, 2022
Still not enough, which country accept Ruble? The sanction is to slow down their economy. FDI will slow down & there will be scarcity of imported raw materials. In addition war is a cost, all those bombs cost money to build. In few months time the sanctions will bite harder.

2 Likes

Re: Gas Payments In Rubles Would Backfire On EU Sanctions by MDK777: 6:16am On Mar 27, 2022
MajesticKris:
No Generation can Defeat Israel
Old BiBLe Story Only When They Stay Away From Sin But Today What Are The Iraelites Doing ? Supporting NonsenSe LGBTS! Woe Onto Them! The Supporter Of Evil DeeDS

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gas Payments In Rubles Would Backfire On EU Sanctions by mainkendo: 6:18am On Mar 27, 2022
Uprightness100:

I had a dream of the rapture just 2 hours ago.
It is time people embrace the act of Christ in totality
Re: Gas Payments In Rubles Would Backfire On EU Sanctions by africanpride1: 6:21am On Mar 27, 2022
BloomingDale:

Mumu pastor. Fake Israel is the Gog and Magog.

How can hybrid mankind be the real Jews? They have recessive genes and will simply die out if they don’t introduce black genes into their line. Imagine God choosing mankind with recessive genes.

Revelation 3:9
King James Version
9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Revelation 2:9
King James Version
9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
Wow! I salute your intelligence. I wish we can be chatting Pals.
Re: Gas Payments In Rubles Would Backfire On EU Sanctions by Obi3icebaba(m): 6:21am On Mar 27, 2022
Uprightness100:

You are daft

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos: Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea / Nana Akufo-Addo Plagiarizes Bush's Speech (Video) / Senator Paul Kimani Njoroge's Househelp Turned Baby Mama Sues Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.