Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,749 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

South-East Presidential Aspirants Not Assertive, Need To Work Harder – Ohanaeze - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-East Presidential Aspirants Not Assertive, Need To Work Harder – Ohanaeze (8757 Views)

NASS Leadership: Aspirants Not Consulted Before Zoning, Adamu Admits / See The Reason Why Aisha Buhari Asked Aspirants Not To Come With Their Phones / 2023: PDP South East Presidential Aspirants Unite To Pick Consensus Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

South-East Presidential Aspirants Not Assertive, Need To Work Harder – Ohanaeze by EcoBrick: 8:32am On Mar 27, 2022
CHUKWUDI AKASIKE, EDWARD NNACHI and IKENNA OBIANERI

The apex Igbo socio-cultural organisation, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, has called on presidential aspirants from the South-East to be more assertive and work harder in order to brighten the chances of the region to produce the next president of the country in 2023.

The spokesman for the group, Chief Alex Ogbonnia, who made this call while speaking with Sunday PUNCH expressed the need for each aspirant to reach out to Nigerians and inform them about their plans for the country.

Former Senate President, Senator Anyim Pius Anyim; pharmacist, Sam Ohuabunwa, ex-governor of Anambra State, Peter Obi, are among presidential aspirant from the region.

Ogbonnia explained that although each aspirant had his strategy, Ohanaeze Ndigbo would not shift ground on the need for a person from Igbo extraction to become the president in 2023.

He said, “Each aspirant must be talking so that their chances will be brighter. The aspirants from the South-East are not assertive enough. They should work harder.

“In the Peoples Democratic Party, we have two persons, Anyim Pius Anyim and Sam Ohuabunwa from the South-East. It appears they are not as aggressive enough, But that is entirely a different ball game.

“We know that each aspirant has his own strategy, but as far as Ohanaeze is concerned, we are very constant like the northern star. Our position is very clear on Igbo presidency.”

He, however, called on the two major political parties in the country, the All Progressives Congress and the Peoples Democratic Party, to zone the presidency to the South-East for the unity and progress of the country.

“We made it clear that we are not going to consider vice presidency. It is either presidency or not. Any patriotic Nigerian should reason beyond now.

Plot to deny Igbos Presidency will not work – Ohuabunwa

Meanwhile, one of the presidential aspirants on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, Sam Ohuabunwa, has said any plot to deny the South-East the presidency in 2023 will not be successful.

He said, “The plot will not work. God Himself will not sanction injustice. I am still hopeful that wise counsel will still prevail as most God-fearing Nigerians are in support of justice. They support a shift to the East and by God’s grace, it will happen.”

Ohuabunwa, who is the President of the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria and the founder of Neimeth Pharmaceutical, stated this in an interview with Sunday PUNCH.

He said he had worked harder than any other aspirant to succeed the President, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).

He explained that the insinuation that Igbo presidential aspirants were not assertive and losing steam in their campaign was unfounded, adding that he would become the nation’s president, come 2023.

He said, “It’s not true, that Igbo presidential aspirants have lost steam and are not consulting and campaigning again. Yesterday, I was in the South-East. On Thursday, I was in Delta and I met with the PDP caucus there. On Monday, I will be going to Oyo and from Oyo, to Kwara. We are moving.

“It’s just that we don’t have the resources the way Tinubu has; he has so much money and if he coughs, everybody hears about it. But we are doing much more than he does. Our move is towards the delegates, because we are not in the general elections yet. It’s the PDP delegates we are focusing on now; we are not entertaining the general public.

“Therefore, we are strategic in our moves. It’s not true that Igbo presidential aspirants are not doing anything about their ambition. If anybody is not moving, I am moving and strategising. I must tell you that in the last two or three weeks, I have done so much to ensure I clinch the PDP presidential ticket.”

He added, “Tinubu is known to have so much money that he must spend. Atiku is known to have so much money he must spend. We are not known to have so much money to spend, but we are doing more strategic job behind the scene and we are appealing to the people to come on board with us.

“I have visited Obasanjo. I have been to IBB. I have been to so many others. So, I’m working hard. I have evidence. No single presidential aspirant, in the APC or PDP is doing the strategic job I’m doing to win.”

Nigerians should support Igbo presidency in 2023 – Accord Party

In a related development, the Accord Party presidential aspirant, Dr. Solomon Wining, has said that Nigerians should support the Igbo presidency as it is the key to the unity of the country.

Addressing journalists in Awka on Saturday, Wining described Ndigbo as faithful to the ideals of national unity and integration of the country.

He said the South-East people were true democrats, as they remained the only tribe found in every part of the country and living peacefully with the people and developing their host communities.

He argued that the only way to end the agitations from all quarters was to give every ethnic group in the country a sense of belonging.

Tracing the leadership of Nigeria, Wining said, since the return of democratic rule in 1999 till date, the Igbo were yet to taste the seat of the president.

Wining added that Chief Olusegun Obasanjo was “brought on board as compensation for the injustice done to the late Chief MKO Abiola, whose June 12, 1993 mandate was annulled.”

On his presidential ambition, he said, “This nation needs a man with fear of God, love for mankind, and above all, a person with the will and capacity to fix Nigeria, I’m the right man now to move Nigeria in the desired direction.”
https://punchng.com/south-east-presidential-aspirants-not-assertive-need-to-work-harder-ohanaeze/

5 Likes

Re: South-East Presidential Aspirants Not Assertive, Need To Work Harder – Ohanaeze by DoctorOlasDesk: 8:32am On Mar 27, 2022
I agree. It's definitely the turn of the SE, despite not being from the region, but the energy coming from the east is just too low.

If not for the stylish dogmatic approach out the PDP, through the Wike caucus, the likes of Atiku and Tambuwal would have overrun the entire show.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South-East Presidential Aspirants Not Assertive, Need To Work Harder – Ohanaeze by haffaze777(m): 8:39am On Mar 27, 2022
They need to attack Tinubu and Yoruba moregrin

86 Likes 11 Shares

Re: South-East Presidential Aspirants Not Assertive, Need To Work Harder – Ohanaeze by Vixlot: 8:47am On Mar 27, 2022
haffaze777:
They need to attack Tinubu and Yoruba moregrin

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South-East Presidential Aspirants Not Assertive, Need To Work Harder – Ohanaeze by heniford2: 8:49am On Mar 27, 2022
Igbos should focus more on NE more as for SS and SE vote is assured we need to lock down North that's our Vote to win this coming election

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-East Presidential Aspirants Not Assertive, Need To Work Harder – Ohanaeze by Arkmanbuddy(m): 8:50am On Mar 27, 2022
You want the country to give the presidency to SE aspirants who can't even communicate their ideas to the people. We've heard certain things Tinubu wants to do, what do the SE aspirants have to do?

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: South-East Presidential Aspirants Not Assertive, Need To Work Harder – Ohanaeze by Abdul05: 8:51am On Mar 27, 2022
My stance still remains on the theory that

''No Igbo man can rule this country''.. grin

even a child can understand it ..not to talk of an adult.... grin

All these is just an excuse because of this and that.... grin omo Igbo can't rule..lies

Even if they sneeze loudly..they would not allow them... grin

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: South-East Presidential Aspirants Not Assertive, Need To Work Harder – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 27, 2022
Even Ojukwu lost, who is Peter Obi undecided

Igbo should focus on trading and forget politics, Fulani is tired of unfaithful wife shocked

82 Likes 8 Shares

Re: South-East Presidential Aspirants Not Assertive, Need To Work Harder – Ohanaeze by BSdetective: 8:54am On Mar 27, 2022
They lack the balls to take on northerners but would prefer to insult and curse at Yoruba's and tinubu. The children of the forest (omo Igbo) are only good at playing petty politics and them getting VP in 2023 isn't even possible at this rate.

46 Likes 8 Shares

Re: South-East Presidential Aspirants Not Assertive, Need To Work Harder – Ohanaeze by BSdetective: 8:57am On Mar 27, 2022
SlyDev:
Even Ojukwu lost, who is Peter Obi undecided

Igbo should focus on trading and forget politics, Fulani is tired of unfaithful wife shocked

The funny thing is that the idea that they're good in business is just a myth, the stats of the most successful businesses in Nigeria and Africa is there for all to see.

50 Likes 11 Shares

Re: South-East Presidential Aspirants Not Assertive, Need To Work Harder – Ohanaeze by EmirGold(m): 9:14am On Mar 27, 2022
Igbo presidency my foot
In this country, i have said it several times that cow has better chance than any igbo human
No igbo human will smell the seat, know this and know peace

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: South-East Presidential Aspirants Not Assertive, Need To Work Harder – Ohanaeze by SwissMass: 9:19am On Mar 27, 2022
Are Igbos even significant in Nigeria politics, all they do is attack and blackmail others, thinking they can submerged others.

84 Likes 11 Shares

Re: South-East Presidential Aspirants Not Assertive, Need To Work Harder – Ohanaeze by Jackson105: 9:20am On Mar 27, 2022
They need to attack Tinubu more, the fools think they are doing Tinubu, not knowing they are publicizing Tinubu more.

Unintelligent 5% f00ls

Do you guys see Tinubu entrance to the Party convention Yesterday, who else has that kind of entrance? Tinubu has Street credibility, something no one has in their generation.

And their is no way Ibos will rule this country. They should know that and make peace with their destiny.

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: South-East Presidential Aspirants Not Assertive, Need To Work Harder – Ohanaeze by oluwaseyi0: 9:20am On Mar 27, 2022
Some of their supporters think being anti-Tinubu and being loud about it is more than enough to clinch the presidency

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: South-East Presidential Aspirants Not Assertive, Need To Work Harder – Ohanaeze by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:20am On Mar 27, 2022
Their politicians are not being assertive for 2reasons

1, They know that thier people have failed them. Thier people constantly vilify people of other tribes and regions. The advent of Namdi Kanu hasn't really helped matters too. Dude insults people old enough to be his father. He calls other southerners Fulani slaves for daring to see things differently.

2, The level of Eastern Chestbeating
The easterners constantly see themselves as the best. If you understand ibo and see the sentiment their brews in the heart of an average easterner you will quivel.

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: South-East Presidential Aspirants Not Assertive, Need To Work Harder – Ohanaeze by ayindejimmy(m): 9:23am On Mar 27, 2022
Hmm
Re: South-East Presidential Aspirants Not Assertive, Need To Work Harder – Ohanaeze by maticar: 9:24am On Mar 27, 2022
Arkmanbuddy:
You want the country to give the presidency to SE aspirants who can't even communicate their ideas to the people. We've heard certain things Tinubu wants to do, what do the SE aspirants have to do?
What did tinubu say he wants to do??

Apart from saying he will "continue" from buhari hardship regime, and that it's his turn.....what else did we miss??

2 Likes

Re: South-East Presidential Aspirants Not Assertive, Need To Work Harder – Ohanaeze by Zico5(m): 9:25am On Mar 27, 2022
The truth is that everyone is afraid of Igbo ruling this country. Not because they are not master of good governance but due to astronomical corruption that will proceed such presidency. What has happened in the past is a joke to what will happen if Igbo is voted as the president of this country. Look at what's happening at state level. How many governors in Igbo land can walk clean? Let alone Peter Obi, point to any other governor that has performed creditably well. Those that are clamouring to be the president are doing so just to fill their pocket. The current government may be worse, voting Igbo as the president will be the worst. They don't care any repercussions so far it involves money. May God almighty help us.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South-East Presidential Aspirants Not Assertive, Need To Work Harder – Ohanaeze by bombim(m): 9:25am On Mar 27, 2022
Let's us all support Peter obi, the all of SE should go for theses man

1 Like

Re: South-East Presidential Aspirants Not Assertive, Need To Work Harder – Ohanaeze by NairaMaster1(m): 9:26am On Mar 27, 2022
No way

2 Likes

Re: South-East Presidential Aspirants Not Assertive, Need To Work Harder – Ohanaeze by Obyino: 9:27am On Mar 27, 2022
EmirGold:
Igbo presidency my foot
In this country, i have said it several times that cow has better chance than any igbo human
No igbo human will smell the seat, know this and know peace
shut up

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: South-East Presidential Aspirants Not Assertive, Need To Work Harder – Ohanaeze by Rik500k(m): 9:29am On Mar 27, 2022
Arkmanbuddy:
how is he going to share what he has in stock already, when he hasn't been given party ticket yet ? Nawa o
No be after party give ticket, ticket holders go begin campaign their ideas
Re: South-East Presidential Aspirants Not Assertive, Need To Work Harder – Ohanaeze by omenkaLives(m): 9:30am On Mar 27, 2022
They need to work harder on attacking Bullion Van.

Mumu political neophytes who think politics is about Twitter, Facebook and nairaland likes and shares and retweets. cheesy

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-East Presidential Aspirants Not Assertive, Need To Work Harder – Ohanaeze by Alexpre11: 9:31am On Mar 27, 2022
R
Re: South-East Presidential Aspirants Not Assertive, Need To Work Harder – Ohanaeze by akpunda86: 9:31am On Mar 27, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:
I agree. It's definitely the turn of the SE, despite not being from the region, but the energy coming from the east is just too low.

If not for the stylish dogmatic approach out the PDP, through the Wike caucus, the likes of Atiku and Tambuwal would have overrun the entire show.

I be Igbo but all dat have indicated interest are not aggressive u need to fight 4 it

4 Likes

Re: South-East Presidential Aspirants Not Assertive, Need To Work Harder – Ohanaeze by omenkaLives(m): 9:33am On Mar 27, 2022
Abdul05:

No Igbo man can rule this country... grin

All these is just an excuse because of this and that.... grin omo Igbo can't rule..lies

Even they sneeze loudly..they would not allow them... grin
Igbo can rule, no doubt. But definitely after the next sixteen years. That's if South South shows them mercy. smiley

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: South-East Presidential Aspirants Not Assertive, Need To Work Harder – Ohanaeze by RichDad1(m): 9:36am On Mar 27, 2022
At least, Peter Obi is winning on Twitter after all :DI

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Presidential Aspirants Not Assertive, Need To Work Harder – Ohanaeze by Abdul05: 9:37am On Mar 27, 2022
omenkaLives:
Igbo can rule, no doubt. But definitely after the next sixteen years. That's of South South shows them mercy. smiley
that sixteen yrs is not certain .me and you know that

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Presidential Aspirants Not Assertive, Need To Work Harder – Ohanaeze by MedicH: 9:43am On Mar 27, 2022
Abdul05:

''No Igbo man can rule this country''.. grin

Even if they sneeze loudly..they would not allow them... grin

are u not tired of inflation?
Re: South-East Presidential Aspirants Not Assertive, Need To Work Harder – Ohanaeze by happney65: 9:45am On Mar 27, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

That is what I tell them o. Power is grabbed and not given on a platter of Gold. We are already seeing Tinubu,Osinbanjo,Atiku,even amaechi in our faces yet we are not seeing anything tangible from the SE as if them go dey beg them before they become president

They are not serious one bit

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Presidential Aspirants Not Assertive, Need To Work Harder – Ohanaeze by Sweeetheart(m): 9:49am On Mar 27, 2022
oha naive

these clown will come out soon to tell their people why they should bank with Atiku

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can A Constituency Recall Their Representative? / Buhari: Four Days In Office, Achievements So Far / PDP Seeks Travel Ban On INEC Chiefs, Police High Command

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.