Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Help Me. I Think I Have Been Scammed! - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Help Me. I Think I Have Been Scammed! (593 Views)

Amgray Logistics Where Are My Laptops Or Have I Been Scammed? / Please HELP Me, I Have Just Been Scammed By A User Here / I Think I Just Mistakenly Killed My Phone! Help Here Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me. I Think I Have Been Scammed! by DreamChaser1672: 11:44am On Mar 27, 2022
Before you blame me, pls I am not a novice. I have bought things from NL. My macbook, plenty phones and about 4 PS3s

They stole my phone last week and I came to NL to search for deals and get another one.

This gregswagzz posted mi 9t for 75k. Pls search his name on NL to see his profile

I contacted him on WhatsApp and we talked. I said I would use escrow but he said he doesn't use escrow.

I know a lot of sellers don't like using escrow. Even when I got my macbook from Fluxempire, I didn't use escrow. In this case, I make sure the account is not new and that the person has always been posting.

I checked him up, his account is over 9 years old and I noticed he has posted a lot of things on NL.

Still, I said I can't pay that I will only pay if he can take my phone to park the following day, call me on video call and then I will pay.

He did exactly that yesterday, we video called, I saw the phone wrapped and my details on it.

I told to switch to back camera and I noticed its really Peace Park office. He later got the drivers number for me to track the driver. He also kept in touch with me yesterday but today, I went to park, they said I need a code to get the package.

He didn't give me a code. He is not replying on WhatsApp and the driver's number is not going too. Since this morning. His number is not going like he has blocked me.

I have his account details I sent money to. Pls who can help me!

Name on account number is Micheal Aruchi

UBA Bank

Account number : 2184293829

Phone number is 08121730537
Re: Help Me. I Think I Have Been Scammed! by oazeez1991(m): 12:13pm On Mar 27, 2022
I suggest u exercise some little more patience. Don't conclude yet, based on your narration it appear real and convincing enough, albeit, ur due diligence. Keep trying to keep in touch and be optimistic.

1 Like

Re: Help Me. I Think I Have Been Scammed! by harqinhola(m): 12:24pm On Mar 27, 2022
BROS , Your blood hot ! Even if a full grown man goes missing , it takes 48 to 72 hrs before polices declare them missing. Calm down a lill .
Re: Help Me. I Think I Have Been Scammed! by DreamChaser1672: 12:29pm On Mar 27, 2022
His number is no longer on WhatsApp

The driver's number is going on a friends phone but he has blocked all my other 3 numbers.
Re: Help Me. I Think I Have Been Scammed! by dayo23(f): 1:22pm On Mar 27, 2022
DreamChaser1672:
His number is no longer on WhatsApp

The driver's number is going on a friends phone but he has blocked all my other 3 numbers.
you have been scammed! grin the guy simply beat you at your game.

1 Like

Re: Help Me. I Think I Have Been Scammed! by house10s2: 1:33pm On Mar 27, 2022
the other guy u saw might b his friend pretending to b a driver

1 Like

Re: Help Me. I Think I Have Been Scammed! by judatech: 1:40pm On Mar 27, 2022
Drop his number here
Re: Help Me. I Think I Have Been Scammed! by Emmaflex400(m): 2:10pm On Mar 27, 2022
If your check the guys posts and scroll to 2017 people called him a scammer many times..

I’m sorry you didn’t see that before buying, I think this guy has been a scammer for a long time

1 Like

Re: Help Me. I Think I Have Been Scammed! by jacy346(f): 5:56pm On Mar 27, 2022
DreamChaser1672:
Before you blame me, pls I am not a novice. I have bought things from NL. My macbook, plenty phones and about 4 PS3s

They stole my phone last week and I came to NL to search for deals and get another one.

This gregswagzz posted mi 9t for 75k. Pls search his name on NL to see his profile

I contacted him on WhatsApp and we talked. I said I would use escrow but he said he doesn't use escrow.

I know a lot of sellers don't like using escrow. Even when I got my macbook from Fluxempire, I didn't use escrow. In this case, I make sure the account is not new and that the person has always been posting.

I checked him up, his account is over 9 years old and I noticed he has posted a lot of things on NL.

Still, I said I can't pay that I will only pay if he can take my phone to park the following day, call me on video call and then I will pay.

He did exactly that yesterday, we video called, I saw the phone wrapped and my details on it.

I told to switch to back camera and I noticed its really Peace Park office. He later got the drivers number for me to track the driver. He also kept in touch with me yesterday but today, I went to park, they said I need a code to get the package.

He didn't give me a code. He is not replying on WhatsApp and the driver's number is not going too. Since this morning. His number is not going like he has blocked me.

I have his account details I sent money to. Pls who can help me!

Name on account number is Micheal Aruchi

UBA Bank

Account number : 2184293829

Phone number is 08121730537
you have been scammed.
Now go to your bank first thing tomorrow morning, go straight to customer care section and report to them.
They will ask you for details and you tell them everything. Send email to CBN too; that will make your money recovery easier.
Tell them that the recipient uses the account for fraud
They know what to do and in a matter of days you recover your money
Re: Help Me. I Think I Have Been Scammed! by DreamChaser1672: 6:06pm On Mar 27, 2022
I don't know which email to contact central bank on

They have many on their site. Who can help me?
Re: Help Me. I Think I Have Been Scammed! by Ombudsman1: 8:43pm On Mar 27, 2022
OTI ZEH

(1) (Reply)

Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5.. Core I5-11th, 8gb Ram, 512gb Ssd,touchscreen..SOLD SOLD / Google Pixel 4A 5G (128GB) Neat 140K... Great Offer!!! / Sold❌❌❌Hp Elitebook 840 G3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.