Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends (22915 Views)

During APC Convention, Tinubu Didn't Allow Us Go To South East - Lawal / Abia Pensioners To Smile Home As Udensi Obtains List To Roll Out Welfare Package / Ochaja Market Traders Smile Again. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by princdebola201(m): 12:43pm On Mar 27, 2022
Traders on Sunday smiled home as they count their gains as the All Progressives Congress (APC) national convention ends in Abuja.

Some of the traders, who fielded questions from the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), said that they made brisk gains from selling various items ranging from food, drinks, clothes, shoes and jewelry, among others.

Mr Isah Bala, a vendor of soft drinks, gala and water, said that he sold all his products and decided to sleep at the venue till morning to avoid being robbed on his way home.

“I sold almost more than N20,000 only yesterday. I was rushing back and forth to bring products to sell until I got tired to go, so I decided to rest for the night,’’ he said.

Mrs Ngozi Eze, who also sold water, told NAN that she sold all the ones she brought.
Eze said that due to shortage of drinking water at the venue of the convention, a bottle of water was sold for about N250.

“I sell water, I finished selling all the water and had to order more but there was no more cold ones, but people were buying like that.

“People bought it for N200 or N250. On a good day when we sell for N100 most people do not even look at us especially when it is not cold.

“I sold close to N50,000, that was the one I counted because I have lost count now, till I go home before I will count and know the exact amount I made,’’ she said.

Malam Yunusa Sabo, a dried meat seller, popularly known as kilishi, said that God was on his side because he made brisk gain at the convention.

“I will not disclose how much I made but all I can say is God did well for me,’’ he said

On his part, Mr Garba Dale, a cloth vendor, said that he brought over 50 pieces of cloths and sold almost everything except three.

“I enjoyed the convention and my sales. I wish everyday was APC convention, I will miss it dearly.’’

Mrs Abiodun Tunde, a food vendor, described her sales as good as she kept cooking more food until she got tired.

“I work very hard yesterday and I sold really as well. I thank God for the gains, I am so happy.

“What I sold yesterday alone was more than what I sold in a whole week. So the convention was a blessing, at least it will help me to pay part of my debt,’’ she said.

Miss Chinasa Emeka, another food seller, said that she sold enough food until she ran out of meat, yet people kept buying regardless of meat or fish.

“Business was really good, people were just eating anything available; no preference, I enjoyed how everything went.

“I am glad I came afterall because it is my first time of selling at large functions like this. I did not know that this is how people make gain.’’

However, for Mr Barahu Idris, a shoe trader, told NAN that he only sold just a few pairs as people were more concerned with edible things than shoes.

“I now know what to do next time. I think I will change to selling other consumable things people will quickly buy, even if I had sold water alone I would had made a lot of money,’’ said Idris.

Mr Ufedo John, a snacks hawker, said he was happy because of the money he made from the convention.

John said he sold all his snacks, added more and still sold all, adding “I will be coming for such big meetings from now on’’.

NAN reports that the ruling APC held its elective national convention on March 26 to March 27, ahead of the 2023 general elections. (NAN)

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/03/traders-smile-home-as-apc-convention-ends/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

165 Likes

Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by princdebola201(m): 12:44pm On Mar 27, 2022
While mkpurumiri addicts re waiting for bubu to spoon feed them, hardworking Nigerians re cashing out

213 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by Mooh247: 12:46pm On Mar 27, 2022
cool

Enterprising Nigerians

APC merchandise and Flag go sell die...

Graphics designers and Printing company go don Chop die

182 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by immortalcrown(m): 12:47pm On Mar 27, 2022
Those who took their business there did well and I am glad they smiled home.

But the manner in which they conducted the business shows they are not different from the politicians that loot in offices. Instead of inflating the price, why not supply larger quantity at the normal price and make the same amount of money or even more money at the end of the day? After all, it is certain that you will record higher demand at the convention venue than at your usual point of sale. Why are you inflating the price when the national convention did not affect the production of the commodity? This is the same mentality that fuel stations use to increase fuel prices during Christmas even if crude oil price is stable.

A law of demand and supply says, the higher the demand, the higher the price. But this law refers to producers and middlemen, not to retailers. Retailers are to change prices based on supply price. The law refers to producers and middlemen who bear the cost of producing and distributing the goods. For example, ShopRite does not change prices unless producers and suppliers change prices. Even if an item remains just one piece on a shelf in ShopRite, the price does not change as long as the supply price has not changed. Does it mean ShopRite does not know that law of demand and supply? Was there not higher demand for hotel rooms around the convention venue? Did the hotels increase prices because of the convention? The hotels maintained normal prices because they know the customers will still recognize and patronize them after the convention. The water sellers took unfair advantage of the fact that the customers will not recognize them after the convention. If you charge me 250 per bottle of water at the convention, do you think I will patronize you if I recognize you outside the convention? What the water sellers did is similar to what small shops do in marketplaces. When only a few shops have a particular item, those few shops will increase the price as if the factory producing the item is under fire. This is why small shops hardly maintain same customers for long. Many traders do not know the importance of goodwill in business.

Some irrational thinkers will say the traders did nothing wrong as long as the buyers were willing to pay the inflated price. If this logic should stand, then the politicians that underpay civil servants do nothing wrong as long as the civil servants are willing to accept the poor salary. Irrational thinkers will say opportunity comes but once. Whether opportunity comes once or always, greed is greed.

Until we begin to put ourselves in the shoes of our clients or customers, our society cannot get better. The politicians abuse their opportunities. The masses abuse their own opportunities. The same way the greed of the politicians affects the society is equally how the greed of the masses affects the society.

I know most of the buyers who paid 250 per bottle did it because those buyers looted a lot before the convention. But do two wrongs make a right? Is looting from a looter not also bad?

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by Odin13: 12:47pm On Mar 27, 2022
grin

Yet the people that got broken head and lost their jewels, gold, phones, wallets and money to olumo and his boys .
Who wan compensate them..

Apc is evil..

Person even died ..

Na 250 naira profit by igbos be their focus

Nigerians Apc deliberately frustrate its citzens , so as to see crumbs as harmmring while they loot the country dry

Guess we now understand why Yoruba people worship Tinubu

Money worship.. after frustrating his people

10 Likes

Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by abc115: 12:48pm On Mar 27, 2022
“I enjoyed the convention and my sales. I wish everyday was APC convention, I will miss it dearly.’’

8 Likes

Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by Totilopussylick(m): 12:49pm On Mar 27, 2022
Mr Isah Bala, a vendor of soft drinks, gala and water, said that he sold all his products and decided to sleep at the venue till morning to avoid being robbed on his way home.

You really disappointed your uncles in the jungle cheesy cheesy cheesy

One even wishes every day should be APC convention cheesy so he can keep making money tongue grin kiss

7 Likes

Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by Mooh247: 12:51pm On Mar 27, 2022
Odin13:
grin

Oya type your nonsense and don't forget to mention Tinubu and Afonja your Lord and personal saviour

163 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by Sunnymatey(m): 12:53pm On Mar 27, 2022
princdebola201:
While mkpurumiri addicts re waiting for bubu to spoon feed them, hardworking Nigerians re cashing out
this guy deserves a life ban.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by Odin13: 12:55pm On Mar 27, 2022
Imagine people that made the money Nigerians

Shoe vendors
Cloth sellers
Snacks sellers
Food

Haba naaaa

And to an average Yoruba human, is labeled Economic growth.

God help Nigerians to survive this remaining month.

7 Likes

Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by Mooh247: 12:56pm On Mar 27, 2022
Odin13:
Imagine people that made the money Nigerians

Shoe vendors
Cloth sellers
Snacks sellers
Food

Haba naaaa

And to an average Yoruba human, is labeled Economic growth.

God help Nigerians to survive this remaining month.

Economic growth is not about Drug trafficking and baby factory alone

165 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by MonkeyMods(m): 1:00pm On Mar 27, 2022
Sunnymatey:
this guy deserves a life ban.

He's an MM addict hence the aggressive marketing on all thread

1 Like

Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by Odin13: 1:00pm On Mar 27, 2022
Mooh247:

I don’t do gays and Yoruba beings

Or you can still hang and keep fooling

Next!

3 Likes

Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by Odin13: 1:01pm On Mar 27, 2022
Mooh247:

Coming from a Yoruba human that survive on human skulls and part.

Next!

1 Like

Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by ExtremeDot: 3:18pm On Mar 27, 2022
Hmmn
Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by EdgarBounce(m): 3:19pm On Mar 27, 2022
K
Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by Badonasty(m): 3:21pm On Mar 27, 2022
Lol…. And pickpockets too
Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by Kennyfancy(m): 3:21pm On Mar 27, 2022
Y
Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by abobote: 3:22pm On Mar 27, 2022
Now, imagine celebrating selling 20k in a day,
If only they knew how much some of those delegates make in that convection
Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by NOwazobia: 3:22pm On Mar 27, 2022
immortalcrown:
Those who took their business there did well and I am glad they smiled home.

But the manner in which they conducted the business shows they are not different from the politicians that loot in offices. Instead of inflating the price, why not supply larger quantity at the normal price and make the same amount at the end of the day? After all, it is certain that you will record higher demand at the convention venue than at your usual point of sale. Why are you inflating the price when the national convention did not affect the production of the commodity? This is the same mentality that fuel stations use to increase fuel prices during Christmas even if crude oil price is stable.

Some irrational thinkers will say the traders did nothing wrong as long as the buyers were willing to pay the inflated price. Irrational thinkers will say opportunity comes but once. Whether opportunity comes once or always, greed is greed. If this logic should stand, then the politicians that underpay civil servants do nothing wrong as long as the civil servants are willing to accept the poor salary.

Until we begin to put ourselves in the shoes of our clients or customers, our society cannot get better. The politicians abuse their opportunities. The masses abuse their own opportunities. The same way the greed of the politicians affects the society is equally how the greed of the masses affects the society.

I know most of the buyers who paid 250 per bottle did it because those buyers looted a lot before the convention. But do two wrongs make a right? Is looting from a looter not also bad?
Seconded.

Last paragraph could also entails that there were no much options to choose from. Also, in such atmosphere were everywhere was tense and hot, people will be hasten to buy at any price offered.

1 Like

Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by illicit(m): 3:23pm On Mar 27, 2022
I sold marijuana there yesterday
I sold 5 big bags
Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by dahmie2013: 3:24pm On Mar 27, 2022
Nice...
Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by Ademola47(m): 3:24pm On Mar 27, 2022
Good...

It's no good thing making shortage at such an event...
Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by Brushstrokes20: 3:26pm On Mar 27, 2022
Ended?... So who is finally their consensus candidate for president?... Or am I missing something?.. 9
Re: Traders Smile Home As APC Convention Ends by victons(m): 3:32pm On Mar 27, 2022
Smilers

(1) (2) (Reply)

Northern Pastors Endorse Osinbajo’s Nomination- Guardian Newspaper / Photos From NSA, Service Chiefs And Igp's Visits To North East Today / Peter Obi, Bianca, Putin Top Google Nigeria Searches In Last Six Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.