Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Northern Pastors Endorse Osinbajo’s Nomination- Guardian Newspaper - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Pastors Endorse Osinbajo’s Nomination- Guardian Newspaper (22928 Views)

Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart / WAEC Posts Irrelevant Advertorial On Buhari's Certificate In Guardian Newspaper / RCCG Did Not Endorse Osinbajo As Buhari’s Running Mate – Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Pastors Endorse Osinbajo’s Nomination- Guardian Newspaper by farem: 11:37am On Dec 25, 2014
Northern Pastors endorse Osinbajo’s nomination
Thursday, 25 December 2014 00:00 Written by EDITOR

Osinbajo-1CHRISTIAN clerics, under the auspices of Pastors Council of Northern Nigeria, have applauded and threw their weight behind Professor Yemi Osinbajo’s nomination as running mate to the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential flagbearer in the 2015 elections, retired General Muhammadu Buhari.

Endorsing Osinbajo’s choice, the pastors said he possesses all leadership qualities for the position.

The clergies unanimously agreed that Osinbajo’s choice heralds hope for a new Nigeria in view of his experience in public and private sectors, and also being a pastor of the Redeem Christian Church of God (RCCG).

Addressing journalists in Kaduna, the convener of the Council, Pastor

Bulus Yahaya, cautioned Nigerians to insist that the best leadership that would salvage the nation from its political, social and economic problems emerge in the 2015 general elections.

He said: “We are happy and satisfied to no end that our colleague, Pastor Osinbajo, was chosen as running mate to a presidential candidate in one of the political parties.

“The integrity, intelligence, humility, fear of God and dedication of Pastor Osinbajo to the cause of better Nigeria is a clear identity he carries as a breastplate, and it is not in doubt that it is a wise decision.”

Pastor Yahaya said this development was a good omen and taking Nigeria’s democracy to greater height in view of the quality and positive credence to our struggling democracy.

“His (Osinbajo’s) credentials are intimidating and a clear attestation of hard work, knowledge and of moral standing,” he said.

“He is an erudite scholar, having excelled as a university don, and also a distinguished lawyer with the privilege rank of Senior Advocate of Nigeria and a successful man of God, being a pastor.”

On the need to achieve successful 2015 general elections, Pastor Yahaya, who warned against manipulation of religion, said: “We are calling on all Nigerians to shun manipulators of religion for political goals.

“Let us vote people on the basis of what they can offer and better the country for common good, peace and stability.

“We must strive hard to run issue-based political process, non-combative and free of sentimental campaigns of calumny so that we will, at the end of the day, get viable leadership at all levels.”
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/features/policy-a-politics/191535-northern-pastors-endorse-osinbajo-s-nomination

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Northern Pastors Endorse Osinbajo’s Nomination- Guardian Newspaper by thegoodone2(m): 11:46am On Dec 25, 2014
good point to support the team. Merry christmas

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Northern Pastors Endorse Osinbajo’s Nomination- Guardian Newspaper by seangy4konji: 11:52am On Dec 25, 2014
Good

I deh come back.

As for me?i think every right thinking Nigerian who has a pure heart with love for less privileged,privileged,all citizens irrespective of tribe or religion will know that it is a shame on our country to be this way in the year 2014 December.we all know the crimes and atrocities committed by our past leaders and of which most of these crimes came out after they were dead which included the looting and all but growing up during the 80,s,early 90's.life was not so difficult for we Nigerians like this despite the lootings. I enjoyed babangida,abachas regime and what was told about some previous regimes were also a bit good except for some oil mobey missing also during obasanjo's regime which Fela sang about. Though we all know they are steal.my point is ever since the administration of this president good luck Jonathan of which I know it's beginning to the end?its been corruption like we all have never witnessed on earth before and the worst part is they rub it in our faces and not giving a damn about what we going to go about it. It's the height of disrespect from people who swear to serve us forgetting that 4 yeRs soon come.

If you are under age 20 please don't quote me as I know you have no idea of what's going on and because your father is able to feed you properly and train you to school with access to internet and the devil won't let you know the pains of the common man or feel for them. Keep to your greedy self.

If I start listing point blank atrocities and crimes and looting of public funds then almost all of them will be on multiple counts of crimes that their unborn generation will still serve in prisons with hard labor.

I do jot care if Muslim association of Nigeria or can endorses someone,I only beg for th sake of our unborn generation to try and be hopeful for change because this present good luck Jonathan had been nothing but suffering,hatred,murders and blood if the innocent being spilled on the grounds if our country for no reason.

An idle hand is the devils workshop.

Forget who Islam clerics endorse or who Christians endorse but put your self in the shoes of parents whose girls were abducted,raped and killed like cattle put your self in the shoes of parents who send their kids to school but only saw their mangled remains to bury. I am not accusing the president of doing the killings but if an American citizen was being held hostage in Ibadan the city I live In?war might be declared by their president but our own clues less dances shoki every time and has beautiful daughters he gives out in wedding and they all merry.

Would you do this as a human being or father of nations?

God is helping us. We need to help our selves.

We need a change to make our country a happy one. We deserve this at least. The choice is our to vote them out.just try and imagine the looting a that were public knowledge on 4 years alone to the ones we have not heard of. We have militants threatening our lives over elections after been given contracts to secure our crude oil which is our sole source of income? They are quick to sentence soldiers to death but Askari dokubo and tompolo who have said blood will shed are lavishing in jets around the world and all?

Please sit down and think out the future even if you gain from the looting a. Is this a good legacy you want to be remembered for

God will in his infinites mercies lead us right and change our beloved country so we can all live like kings and queens that we are

Merry Xmas folks.

147 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Northern Pastors Endorse Osinbajo’s Nomination- Guardian Newspaper by hazyfm: 11:53am On Dec 25, 2014
APC TAKING OVER FRN

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Northern Pastors Endorse Osinbajo’s Nomination- Guardian Newspaper by benega: 11:54am On Dec 25, 2014
mmm

1 Like

Re: Northern Pastors Endorse Osinbajo’s Nomination- Guardian Newspaper by lilmax(m): 11:54am On Dec 25, 2014
Okay
Re: Northern Pastors Endorse Osinbajo’s Nomination- Guardian Newspaper by stano2(m): 11:54am On Dec 25, 2014
Choi!!! Made frontpage on Christmas Day ,signs of good things to come, God has answered my prayers. HAPPY CHRISTMAS NLDers, God continue to Bless you all.

Eh en back to topic GOOD MOVE BUT IT IS NOT MY BUSSINESS RIGHT NOW..continues with my meat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern Pastors Endorse Osinbajo’s Nomination- Guardian Newspaper by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 25, 2014
All na wash, apshit propaganda,buhari the old big fool will be defeated for the 4th time come 2015. 23 million nigerians rejected him in 2003, 22 million nigerians also rejected him him in 2007 and in 2011 more than 21 million nigerians said NO to him. I wonder how he will get a national acceptance, I am more than sure that 20 million nigerians will say HELL NO to him come 2015. Untill then, those satans that are already let loosed will burn and kill so many people in the pakistani region of northen nigeria. Merry christmas and happy new year.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Pastors Endorse Osinbajo’s Nomination- Guardian Newspaper by free2ryhme: 11:55am On Dec 25, 2014
the end of corruption is near

the end of boko haram is near

the end of GEJ is here

130 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Northern Pastors Endorse Osinbajo’s Nomination- Guardian Newspaper by oluwaisaac(m): 11:55am On Dec 25, 2014
The nomination pleases me too!

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Pastors Endorse Osinbajo’s Nomination- Guardian Newspaper by drfiwaj(m): 11:56am On Dec 25, 2014
Am sure all Jonathan is thinking of right now is "how to rig" .....Jonathan be like " they tried to remove us from power, they didn't know we are PDP, we rig for fun

43 Likes

Re: Northern Pastors Endorse Osinbajo’s Nomination- Guardian Newspaper by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 25, 2014
The church
Re: Northern Pastors Endorse Osinbajo’s Nomination- Guardian Newspaper by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 25, 2014
Democracy is like, appointing someone to lead you.... Then later blame them for all the problem youre facing.

Quotes from the gods

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Pastors Endorse Osinbajo’s Nomination- Guardian Newspaper by MrMcJay(m): 11:57am On Dec 25, 2014
Otenestbestyaho:
This big fool will be defeated for the 4th time come 2015. 23 million nigerians rejected him in 2003, 22 million nigerians also rejected him him in 2007 and in 2011 more than 21 million nigerians said NO to him. I wonder how he will get a national acceptance, I am more than sure that 20 million nigerians will say HELL NO to him come 2015. Untill then, those satans that are already let loosed will burn and kill so many people in the pakistani region of northen nigeria. Merry christmas and happy new year.

See frustration!

They are all convulsing and foaming at the mouth. All those benefitting from the madness in Aso Rock, prostitutes to pastors. Under 3 days, Shan George, Emma Isong, Namadi Sambo and Jesus of Otuoke himself.

I have said this, GEJ should renovate Nigerian prisons to his taste cos since he wants to be in government in 2019, he would be in a government prison. He shouldn't bother buying a new Presidential jet cos it is the Peoples' General that would ride in it.

2015, and GEJ would be beaten like a drum!

109 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Northern Pastors Endorse Osinbajo’s Nomination- Guardian Newspaper by PassingShot(m): 11:57am On Dec 25, 2014
The wind of change is blowing very strongly and will clear jagajaga commot for road.

I call it HURRICANE BUHARI.

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Pastors Endorse Osinbajo’s Nomination- Guardian Newspaper by Nonybb: 11:57am On Dec 25, 2014
ATTRIBUTE AND CHARACTER OF A BUHARIST

If you are a Buharist...

¤You must be a Northerner

¤Your religion must be Islam

¤You must hate Jonathan without concrete cause

¤You must be violent and an anarchist

¤You must be abusive and might have called Our President shoeless, clueless and Otuoke drunkered

¤You must have covertly loved Boko Haram when they started newly but now hates them because you have that conception that GEJ is culpable (In other words, you must be a former sympathizer of Boko Haram)

¤Your Party must be APC

¤You must/might secretly love Sharia

¤You might partly be unexposed academically

¤You must have a Born-To-Rule Mentality Syndrome

¤2015 might be the year you will first kill somebody in your life due to electoral disfavour

¤You must have blamed GEJ for too much rain this year

And lastly,

¤You must hate and insult me for telling you this #TRUTH

62 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Northern Pastors Endorse Osinbajo’s Nomination- Guardian Newspaper by segzyj(m): 11:58am On Dec 25, 2014
Agenda
Re: Northern Pastors Endorse Osinbajo’s Nomination- Guardian Newspaper by WOCKHARDI(m): 11:59am On Dec 25, 2014
So Northern pastors are now into politics supporting APC. Jonathan is no longer a worthy Christian abe? Narrow minded people who don't know what is at stake.

14 Likes

Re: Northern Pastors Endorse Osinbajo’s Nomination- Guardian Newspaper by lacasa: 11:59am On Dec 25, 2014
Otenestbestyaho:
This big fool will be defeated for the 4th time come 2015. 23 million nigerians rejected him in 2003, 22 million nigerians also rejected him him in 2007 and in 2011 more than 21 million nigerians said NO to him. I wonder how he will get a national acceptance, I am more than sure that 20 million nigerians will say HELL NO to him come 2015. Untill then, those satans that are already let loosed will burn and kill so many people in the pakistani region of northen nigeria. Merry christmas and happy new year.

Eazy na...

No blow gasket!

Change is here already grin

Accept it b4 its too late

#Buhari/Osinbajo to the rescue cheesy

68 Likes

Re: Northern Pastors Endorse Osinbajo’s Nomination- Guardian Newspaper by Ekans: 11:59am On Dec 25, 2014
A whirlwind is coming to sweep away those holding us hostage since 1999.I cast and bind all PDP e rats IJN.Sai buhari.

23 Likes

Re: Northern Pastors Endorse Osinbajo’s Nomination- Guardian Newspaper by badex11: 11:59am On Dec 25, 2014
T

4 Likes

Re: Northern Pastors Endorse Osinbajo’s Nomination- Guardian Newspaper by Lilprocess(m): 12:00pm On Dec 25, 2014
Sai buhari

22 Likes

Re: Northern Pastors Endorse Osinbajo’s Nomination- Guardian Newspaper by coolhamid(m): 12:00pm On Dec 25, 2014
We are calling on all Nigerians to shun manipulators of religion for political goals.

Electorates are wiser now.PDP have realized that they can't use religion to achieve their devilish agenda anymore so they resorted into attacking the personality of GMB by calling him semi illiterate....

But no amount of Propaganda would stop GMB from presiding over the affairs of this nation next year...

#iBelieveInGMB

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Pastors Endorse Osinbajo’s Nomination- Guardian Newspaper by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 25, 2014
space booked for January

1 Like

Re: Northern Pastors Endorse Osinbajo’s Nomination- Guardian Newspaper by farem: 12:00pm On Dec 25, 2014
[color=#550000][/color]
PassingShot:
The wind of change is blowing very strongly and will clear jagajaga commot for road.

I call it HURRICANE BUHARI.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Pastors Endorse Osinbajo’s Nomination- Guardian Newspaper by BossAyuk: 12:01pm On Dec 25, 2014
[s] Nonybb:
ATTRIBUTE AND CHARACTER OF A BUHARIST

If you are a Buharist...

¤You must be a Northerner

¤Your religion must be Islam

¤You must hate Jonathan without concrete cause

¤You must be violent and an anarchist

¤You must be abusive and might have called Our President shoeless, clueless and Otuoke drunkered

¤You must have covertly loved Boko Haram when they started newly but now hates them because you have that conception that GEJ is culpable (In other words, you must be a former sympathizer of Boko Haram)

¤Your Party must be APC

¤You must/might secretly love Sharia

¤You might partly be unexposed academically

¤You must have a Born-To-Rule Mentality Syndrome

¤2015 might be the year you will first kill somebody in your life due to electoral disfavour

¤You must have blamed GEJ for too Much rain this year

And lastly,

¤You must hate and insult me for telling you this #TRUTH
[/s]

Who is this ganja smoker
I'm from Cross River State
I attend Living Faith Church
I love Buhari along with my family and we'll vote for him because sincerely, this country would not survive another 4 years of Jonathan's rule.

Re-read what you wrote later when the effect of the ganja you smoked has reduced and you'll find out you made no sense.

93 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Northern Pastors Endorse Osinbajo’s Nomination- Guardian Newspaper by phemmie06(m): 12:01pm On Dec 25, 2014
Otenestbestyaho:
Nice talk, but he never use public fund for his campaign. what has the pdp done for us tgan introducing insurgency to the nation, they chose to fight opponent for insecurity.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Pastors Endorse Osinbajo’s Nomination- Guardian Newspaper by scribble: 12:01pm On Dec 25, 2014
BS

Redeemed Pastors are some of the greediest men on the planet

God knows
We dont want this Osinbajo Redeemed member 419

The person below this post is an ethno religious sharia propagating fulani cow rearing arse

4 Likes

Re: Northern Pastors Endorse Osinbajo’s Nomination- Guardian Newspaper by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 25, 2014
great news

15 Likes

Re: Northern Pastors Endorse Osinbajo’s Nomination- Guardian Newspaper by PassingShot(m): 12:01pm On Dec 25, 2014
Otenestbestyaho:
All na wash, apshit propaganda,buhari the old big fool will be defeated for the 4th time come 2015. 23 million nigerians rejected him in 2003, 22 million nigerians also rejected him him in 2007 and in 2011 more than 21 million nigerians said NO to him. I wonder how he will get a national acceptance, I am more than sure that 20 million nigerians will say HELL NO to him come 2015. Untill then, those satans that are already let loosed will burn and kill so many people in the pakistani region of northen nigeria. Merry christmas and happy new year.

Seek knowledge and wisdom and live in peace and tranquility thereafter. It's just an advice.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Pastors Endorse Osinbajo’s Nomination- Guardian Newspaper by Mishydoo(m): 12:02pm On Dec 25, 2014
[size=15pt]Any so called Pastor delving in politics is a fake.......! grin

- Nelson Mandela 1953
[/size]

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Pastors Endorse Osinbajo’s Nomination- Guardian Newspaper by PassingShot(m): 12:02pm On Dec 25, 2014
WOCKHARDI:
So Northern pastors are now into politics supporting APC. Jonathan is no longer a worthy Christian abe?

He has failed woefully already!

22 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Excess Crude Account Now $2.26bn – FG / NORTHERN APC Senator Demands N100m To Defect To PDP / Bayelsa: Would PDP Have Won If Alaibe Were The Governorship Candidate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.