Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,277 members, 7,836,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

India Ready To Bypass Dollar In Trade With Russsia - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / India Ready To Bypass Dollar In Trade With Russsia (294 Views)

India Poised To Ditch Dollar In Trade With Neighbor / Russsia Warns USA Against Providing Weapons To Ukraine / India Ready To Bypass Dollar In Trade With Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

India Ready To Bypass Dollar In Trade With Russsia by Teaser4(m): 12:26pm On Mar 28, 2022
A mechanism allowing the switch to domestic currencies is expected to be operational this week.

A system allowing direct rupee-ruble payments in trade between Russia and India could be launched this week, the president of the Federation of Indian Export Organizations (FIEO), A Sakthivel, told CNBC on Wednesday. The arrangement would allow India and Russia to carry out financial operations bypassing the US dollar. Russia is effectively blocked from using US currency due to Western sanctions over the conflict in Ukraine.

According to the official, the Indian government is working on a proposal to allow up to five nationalized Indian banks to be engaged in the rupee-ruble trade mechanism, and discussions between the central bank governor, the finance minister, and the banks on the matter have already been held. The arrangement would let Indian exporters continue doing business with Russia despite sanctions banning, among other things, international payment mechanisms in the country, such as SWIFT. It would also let India continue buying Russian energy exports and other goods.

According to Sakthivel, the Indian economy could profit from sanctions Russia is facing, as they give Indian exporters an opportunity to expand on the Russian market.

Export to Russia is not much, only in agriculture and pharmacy products. Now that the whole of the West is banning Russia, there will be a lot of opportunities for Indian firms to enter Russia,” he stated.

India’s finance ministry and the Reserve Bank of India have not yet commented on the new trade arrangement.

Unlike the US and the EU, India has not criticized Russia over its military operation in Ukraine, and has abstained from condemning Moscow during the recent UN voting rounds. When asked whether India’s continued commerce with Russia would draw Western ire, Sakthivel said his country had taken a “neutral stand” on the situation in Ukraine.

“The government will take into account all the factors. The government is playing it very carefully,” he stressed.

India exported $3.3 billion worth of goods to Russia in 2021, mostly pharmaceutical products, tea, and coffee. In terms of imports, India bought $6.9 billion worth of Russian products, including arms and defense goods, mineral resources, fertilizers, metals, diamonds and other precious stones. India also imports Russian oil, with recent media reports stating that the country’s major refiner, Indian Oil Corp, has stepped up purchases of Russian crude over the past month. India is also reportedly considering buying raw materials from Russia and Belarus for fertilizer production amid skyrocketing commodities’ prices.

https://www rt com/business/552531-india-russia-ruble-trade-deal/

1 Like

Re: India Ready To Bypass Dollar In Trade With Russsia by Nvestor02: 12:30pm On Mar 28, 2022
American dollars will fall in no time.... This is a welcome development.. Many countries has been waking up from the slavery that America put them in.

Saudi is planning to stop using dollar in Fuel trade with china while the India is also planning to stop the involving of dollar with Russia.

Anyway, I love to see US in problems

4 Likes

Re: India Ready To Bypass Dollar In Trade With Russsia by Vicotex(m): 12:33pm On Mar 28, 2022
They'll hate this move
Re: India Ready To Bypass Dollar In Trade With Russsia by Teaser4(m): 12:42pm On Mar 28, 2022
Nvestor02:
American dollars will fall in no time.... This is a welcome development.. Many countries has been waking up from the slavery that America put them in.

Saudi is planning to stop using dollar in Fuel trade with china while the India is also planning to stop the involving of dollar with Russia.

Anyway, I love to see US in problems
it’s about time bro…. This movie will be long
Re: India Ready To Bypass Dollar In Trade With Russsia by Teaser4(m): 12:42pm On Mar 28, 2022
Vicotex:
They'll hate this move
they can’t do sh1t, India no be Uk
Re: India Ready To Bypass Dollar In Trade With Russsia by sapientia(m): 12:48pm On Mar 28, 2022
Hahahahaha

Putin Fan Bots do not fail to amaze me

The biggest market in the world is USA and EU

Only them have the money to pump into an economy

hehehe

he is calling Indians to enter Russia for business, with which money?

by the way, RT news is like Putin's twitter handle
Re: India Ready To Bypass Dollar In Trade With Russsia by Horus(m): 12:49pm On Mar 28, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0mEon5BtIE

India Announces Ruble/Rupee Trade Agreement With Russia

A rupee-ruble trade will allow the two countries to trade directly without first using a currency like the US dollar for fair value
Re: India Ready To Bypass Dollar In Trade With Russsia by Teaser4(m): 1:35pm On Mar 28, 2022
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0mEon5BtIE

India Announces Ruble/Rupee Trade Agreement With Russia

A rupee-ruble trade will allow the two countries to trade directly without first using a currency like the US dollar for fair value
to that jobless troll above your comment, i guess this wan na Putin handle too….

Ride on bro….You’re doing well
Re: India Ready To Bypass Dollar In Trade With Russsia by sapientia(m): 2:26pm On Mar 28, 2022
Teaser4:
to that jobless troll above your comment, i guess this wan na Putin handle too….

Ride on bro….You’re doing well

First, I never doubted the news

Secondly, I wouldn’t trust BBC if the news is about UK same way i won’t trust RT if the news about Russia

I mentioned it cos that’s mostly where you lift your news from

1 Like

Re: India Ready To Bypass Dollar In Trade With Russsia by Teaser4(m): 8:41pm On Mar 28, 2022
sapientia:

First, I never doubted the news

Secondly, I wouldn’t trust BBC if the news is about UK same way i won’t trust RT if the news about Russia

I mentioned it cos that’s mostly where you lift your news from

if you want to counter a news source you can simply do your own research, I don’t spread false news, I do my research before i post something here, no one Dey pay me to post , besides it’s not for everyone, information is free, no matter how much dem censure it, you always find if you seek

Re: India Ready To Bypass Dollar In Trade With Russsia by sapientia(m): 8:43pm On Mar 28, 2022
Teaser4:
if you want to counter a news source you can simply do your own research, I don’t spread false news, I do my research before i post something here, no one Dey pay me to post , besides it’s not for everyone, information is free, no matter how much dem censure it, you always find if you seek

So you ain't denying RT is your main source of news abi

Like I said

RT is Putin's Twitter handle

Do better
Re: India Ready To Bypass Dollar In Trade With Russsia by Teaser4(m): 8:49pm On Mar 28, 2022
sapientia:

So you ain't denying RT is your main source of news abi

Like I said

RT is Putin's Twitter handle

Do better
what’s there to deny, I’ll rather read news from RT, Sputniknews and southfront than believe any crap from cnn or any other western media outlets…. I repeat I don’t spread fake news, most of the news from RT get video backups, I also follow Russia MOd with 24hrs video back up…. Most of the news from the west na FAKE news, from dailymail to cnn, someone go just wake up and type nonsense with zero or doctored videos … I don’t care if you believe or not, that’s none of business, stick to what you believe, trust me I no Dey try convince you…

I do not live in Nigeria, so.. cnn, bbc, euronews, Aljazeera … I watch for fun not seriously ,

Shallom
Re: India Ready To Bypass Dollar In Trade With Russsia by sapientia(m): 8:56pm On Mar 28, 2022
Teaser4:
what’s there to deny, I’ll rather read news from RT, Sputniknews and southfront than believe any crap from cnn or any other western media outlets…. I repeat I don’t spread fake news, most of the news from RT get video backups, I also follow Russia MOd with 24hrs video back up…. Most of the news from the west na FAKE news, from dailymail to cnn, someone go just wake up and type nonsense with zero or doctored videos … I don’t care if you believe or not, that’s none of business, stick to what you believe, trust me I no Dey try convince you…

I do not live in Nigeria, so.. cnn, bbc, euronews, Aljazeera … I watch for fun not seriously ,

Shallom

Wait, but this news was first aired by western news

You will believe Russia MOD by default and any other news even if it's from Ukraine MOD is false abi

As for this war, I will not believe any news from RT till I see it in western news
Re: India Ready To Bypass Dollar In Trade With Russsia by Teaser4(m): 8:59pm On Mar 28, 2022
sapientia:

Wait, but this news was first aired by western news

You will believe Russia MOD by default and any other news even if it's from Ukraine MOD is false abi

As for this war, I will not believe any news from RT till I see it in western news
bro, Russian MoD news comes with video back up, not doctored videos real ones… as I said earlier I’m not trying to convince you… you’re entitled to your opinion… shalom brother
Re: India Ready To Bypass Dollar In Trade With Russsia by gambojimeta: 5:48am On Mar 29, 2022
Stop reading Russian Propaganda.

(1) (Reply)

US Seeks To Increase Security Cooperation With Papua New Guinea / Elon Musk Is Being Threatened By Russia For Providing Internet To Ukraine / Comparing The Battle Of Mariupol With Other Modern Sieges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.