Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,977 members, 7,814,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Enugu 2023: PDP Directs Adherence To Existing Power Rotation At All Levels In SE - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu 2023: PDP Directs Adherence To Existing Power Rotation At All Levels In SE (8735 Views)

Power Rotation: Fayose Reading PDP’s Constitution Upside Down – Atiku / COVID-19: PDP Directs Members To Scale Up Personal Interventions / Inconclusive Polls: PDP Directs Members To Besiege INEC Offices Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu 2023: PDP Directs Adherence To Existing Power Rotation At All Levels In SE by OEPHIUS(m): 12:50pm On Mar 28, 2022
Zoning debate over in Enugu, others as PDP directs strict adherence to existing power rotation at all levels in South East

…Mandates governors, ZWC to ensure compliance

The debate surrounding the zoning of governorship position and other elective offices in Enugu State as well as other South East states by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has been laid to rest following the resolution of the PDP South East Zonal Executive Committee (SEC) in its meeting in Enugu, on Sunday, directing that the principles of zoning and rotation of power should be strictly adhered to, “upheld and respected at all levels of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the South East”.

The PDP National Vice Chairman (South East), Chief Ali Odefa had while briefing journalists at the end of the closed-door meeting disclosed that the PDP South East directed that the existing zoning patterns in states and constituencies of the zone must be strictly observed and adhered to in every state and constituency.

Chief Odefa also disclosed that the PDP in the South East zone has aligned with the position of the Southern Governors’ Forum that the next president of Nigeria should come from the southern part of the country.

Addressing the issue of zoning in the South East decisively, the PDP in its resolution at end of the ZEC meeting in Enugu stressed the importance of zoning and rotation particularly “in all situations where, prior to now there had been entrenched the practice of zoning political elective offices”.

The PDP therefore asked the governors of states in the South East zone elected on the platform of the party to ensure strict compliance with the resolution while the party’s Zonal Working Committee (ZWC) in other states was equally asked to liaise with the leaders to ensure compliance.

According to the resolution, “It was resolved that in the election of candidates of the Peoples Democratic Party in the South East for the 2023 elections, the principles of zoning and rotation of power shall be adhered to, upheld and respected at all levels of the Peoples Democratic Party in the South East.

“This is particularly important in all situations where, prior to now there had been entrenched the practice of zoning political elective offices.

“For this purpose, where the governor is a member of the Peoples Democratic Party, the governor shall ensure compliance with this resolution while the Zonal Working Committee shall in liaison with the leaders ensure compliance in other state”.

The PDP South East ZEC meeting which was presided over by the National Vice Chairman, Chief Odefa, was attended by the leader of the Party in the South East and Governor of Enugu State, Rt. Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Governor Okezie Victor Ikpeazu of Abia State, the National Secretary of the Party, Senator Sam Anyanwu, members of the State and National Assemblies from the zone, members of PDP National Executive Committee (NEC), Board of Trustees (BOT) members, among others.

https://championnews.com.ng/zoning-debate-over-in-enugu-others-as-pdp-directs-strict-adherence-to-existing-power-rotation-at-all-levels-in-south-east/

Re: Enugu 2023: PDP Directs Adherence To Existing Power Rotation At All Levels In SE by PENNYSWAP: 5:32pm On Mar 28, 2022
one man after being an LGA Chair man, a chief of staff to Enugu state government, Secretary to Enugu state Government, and spent 19 years in Senate said zoning doesn't exist that it's his turn to be Governor and I concur to that

His late younger brother was also former LGA chairman, Member Enugu state house of Assembly (chief whip) and a Commissioner for transport , infact his younger brother die as a Commissioner for transport Enugu couple of months ago .

His in-law the man marrying their first daughter was a former LGA chair man and former PDP state party Chair

This same man left all the yams in the east and went to eat yam in Germany

Na the man go be the next Governor of Enugu state(Imagine the fuckery)

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu 2023: PDP Directs Adherence To Existing Power Rotation At All Levels In SE by Dreal1247: 5:33pm On Mar 28, 2022
Though it can give room for even development when competent hands are voted into offices, most often, wrong persons are voted into political offices just because of zoning. Look at what Obiano did in Anambra state.
Re: Enugu 2023: PDP Directs Adherence To Existing Power Rotation At All Levels In SE by bigdammyj: 5:33pm On Mar 28, 2022
Noted
Re: Enugu 2023: PDP Directs Adherence To Existing Power Rotation At All Levels In SE by Nyanmiridunce: 5:33pm On Mar 28, 2022
Put your house in order first before dreaming of ruling naija. No time for trial and error again.

PS:If you wan wail, do it to my taste oo. All those ochanja chest beating don tire me, my dear nyanmiris.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu 2023: PDP Directs Adherence To Existing Power Rotation At All Levels In SE by Melezenawii: 5:33pm On Mar 28, 2022
But not at national

Hypocrites
Re: Enugu 2023: PDP Directs Adherence To Existing Power Rotation At All Levels In SE by Qaqecepag: 5:33pm On Mar 28, 2022
Na wa o
Re: Enugu 2023: PDP Directs Adherence To Existing Power Rotation At All Levels In SE by chi4ik4(m): 5:39pm On Mar 28, 2022
Nyanmiridunce:
Put your house in order first before dreaming of ruling naija. No time for trial and error again.

PS:If you wan wail, do it to my taste oo. All those ochanja chest beating don tire me, my dear nyanmiris.
Mtchewwwww

1 Like

Re: Enugu 2023: PDP Directs Adherence To Existing Power Rotation At All Levels In SE by McGg: 5:39pm On Mar 28, 2022
What's even Democratic about zoning
Re: Enugu 2023: PDP Directs Adherence To Existing Power Rotation At All Levels In SE by Nigga44: 5:39pm On Mar 28, 2022
.......and that's how we'll witness the final death of PDP in the south east. Only two states remaining. You want zoning at every level in the south east, but not at the national level. Hypocrites undecided

Ekweremmadu and Abaribe are very popular and I foresee them taking over power from PDP........if they decamp to Apga/APC.

1 Like

Re: Enugu 2023: PDP Directs Adherence To Existing Power Rotation At All Levels In SE by Nyanmiridunce: 5:41pm On Mar 28, 2022
chi4ik4:
Mtchewwwww

24 Likes

Re: Enugu 2023: PDP Directs Adherence To Existing Power Rotation At All Levels In SE by EdgarBounce(m): 5:43pm On Mar 28, 2022

PS:If you wan wail, do it to my taste oo. All those ochanja chest beating don tire me, my dear nyanmiris
Re: Enugu 2023: PDP Directs Adherence To Existing Power Rotation At All Levels In SE by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:44pm On Mar 28, 2022
Dyke how market?

una too underrate the power of a governor in deciding who will succeed him.

Dem don scam Ekweremadu. Na to decamp to APGA. Even the APGA leadership won't dare go against the zoning formula in Enugu.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu 2023: PDP Directs Adherence To Existing Power Rotation At All Levels In SE by SwissMass: 5:49pm On Mar 28, 2022
Re: Enugu 2023: PDP Directs Adherence To Existing Power Rotation At All Levels In SE by flejnr2(f): 5:51pm On Mar 28, 2022
ike is still coming, chimaroke will sell out nkanu people for him to be able to retain his senate seat ... grin

1 Like

Re: Enugu 2023: PDP Directs Adherence To Existing Power Rotation At All Levels In SE by Nigga44: 5:51pm On Mar 28, 2022
PENNYSWAP:
one man after being an LGA Chair man, a chief of staff to Enugu state government, Secretary to Enugu state Government, and spent 19 years in Senate said zoning doesn't exist that it's his turn to be Governor and I concur to that

His late younger brother was also former LGA chairman, Member Enugu state house of Assembly (chief whip) and a Commissioner for transport , infact his younger brother die as a Commissioner for transport Enugu couple of months ago .

His in-law the man marrying their first daughter was a former LGA chair man and former PDP state party Chair

Exactly!

Ugwuanyi just joined politics yesterday.
Re: Enugu 2023: PDP Directs Adherence To Existing Power Rotation At All Levels In SE by heniford2: 5:53pm On Mar 28, 2022
PENNYSWAP:

you see PDP in enugu get ready for break up
Re: Enugu 2023: PDP Directs Adherence To Existing Power Rotation At All Levels In SE by flejnr2(f): 5:54pm On Mar 28, 2022
PENNYSWAP:

oga lower ur mic because ike is still coming. nkanu people are thinking they are the only one from the zone forgetting ngwo and isiuzo and when that story go ripe, chimaroke will sell them out to be able to go back to senate because he cant risk his seat being zoned out from nkanu because of governor that he has graced before

1 Like

Re: Enugu 2023: PDP Directs Adherence To Existing Power Rotation At All Levels In SE by fergie001: 5:54pm On Mar 28, 2022
Very good one.

Good.
Re: Enugu 2023: PDP Directs Adherence To Existing Power Rotation At All Levels In SE by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:03pm On Mar 28, 2022
flejnr2:
ike is still coming, chimaroke will sell out nkanu people for him to be able to retain his senate seat ... grin

You have a point. However , PDP as a party has the largest working and tested structure in Enugu.

APC won't fly in Enugu.
AGPA won't want to be the vehicle used to cause political instability in Enugu.
Re: Enugu 2023: PDP Directs Adherence To Existing Power Rotation At All Levels In SE by ogawisdom(m): 6:06pm On Mar 28, 2022
I stand for zoning in Enugu

Its the turn of Enugu East

Ikeoha should be retired, Enugu is not his father's company

5 Likes

Re: Enugu 2023: PDP Directs Adherence To Existing Power Rotation At All Levels In SE by kingsways: 6:07pm On Mar 28, 2022
No such thing

Each zone in Enugu has done 8 years, so any zone can produce the next Governor

2 Likes

Re: Enugu 2023: PDP Directs Adherence To Existing Power Rotation At All Levels In SE by flejnr2(f): 6:12pm On Mar 28, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

You have a point. However , PDP as a party has the largest working and tested structure in Enugu.

APC won't fly in Enugu.
AGPA won't want to be the vehicle used to cause political instability in Enugu.
you are right , pdp has the state structure and its a neutral battle should the new section 84 hold and dont forget chimaroke and ekweremadu has no griviance between each other so he can betray ugwuanyi. i heard peter mba(pinnacle oil) from emene nike was also endosed by the governor fort night ago and its causing problems already
Re: Enugu 2023: PDP Directs Adherence To Existing Power Rotation At All Levels In SE by Lordbinsmar: 6:25pm On Mar 28, 2022
grin
Re: Enugu 2023: PDP Directs Adherence To Existing Power Rotation At All Levels In SE by Parachoko: 6:26pm On Mar 28, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Dyke how market?

una too underrate the power of a governor in deciding who will succeed him.

Dem don scam Ekweremadu. Na to decamp to APGA. Even the APGA leadership won't dare go against the zoning formula in Enugu.
I do wander why Ministers, senators and house of rep members no dey wan accept this fact.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: PDP Delegates Intensify Lobby For Udom Emmanuel / Ike Ekweremadu Daughters Kidney Is Damaged From Too Much Bleaching Cream / Soyinka: I Never Made Comment On Northern Domination Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.