Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,171 members, 7,835,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Court Remands Suspected Kidnappers Who Kept FUOYE Student In Hotel Wardrobe - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Remands Suspected Kidnappers Who Kept FUOYE Student In Hotel Wardrobe (566 Views)

Missing FUOYE Student, Atanda Deborah Found Dead In Shallow Grave (Graphic) / Corpse Of 16-Year-Old Girl Found In Bayelsa Hotel's Wardrobe / Kidnappers Who Killed John Adeyi Sentenced To Death By Hanging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Remands Suspected Kidnappers Who Kept FUOYE Student In Hotel Wardrobe by OpeyemiOlayemi: 10:13am On Mar 29, 2022
An Ekiti State Magistrate Court, Ado Ekiti District has ordered the remand of two men – 28 years old Ojo Babajide and 26 years old Olajide Nathaniel for alleged involvement in the kidnap last week of a student of Federal University, Oye Ekiti.

The two defendants, according to the charge, were reasonably suspected to have kidnapped one Etama Emmanuel, a student of FUOYE, on 23rd March, 2022 around 7pm in Oye Ekiti.

In his statement to the police, the victim said he was in front of his barber’s shop in the university town, Oye Ekiti, around 7:00pm that fateful day when he suddenly saw two people alight from an ashes coloured Toyota Corolla car.

He said that the two men (defendants) descended on him and forced him into the car, saying, “They blindfolded me and the car zoomed off. I later discovered that we were in a hotel in Ado Ekiti. They demanded a ransom of one million naira.

“They ordered me to call my relatives and friends for the ransom which I did. I was kept in a wardrobe when the money was not sent by my people. They pulled off my clothes and flogged me with a horsewhip.

“Thereafter, I called some people including my girlfriend to rescue me by sending the money, I later raised N101,000 for them. I paid N4,300 for the hotel room in which I was kept, they searched me and collected my phone, wristwatch and the money I had on me”, the victim said.

Police prosecutor, Insp. Olubu Apata, urged the court to remand the defendants in the custodial centre “to allow police to complete their investigation and forward the duplicate case file to the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions for legal advice.
Re: Court Remands Suspected Kidnappers Who Kept FUOYE Student In Hotel Wardrobe by Dreal1247: 10:25am On Mar 29, 2022
If criminals know that the journey which they embark upon shall fail, they won't try it. But they have seen the success of the operation. Hence they rope themselves.
Re: Court Remands Suspected Kidnappers Who Kept FUOYE Student In Hotel Wardrobe by obyrich(m): 5:42am On Mar 30, 2022
So Ojo Babajide and Olajide Nathaniel will serve jail time because of #50,500 each? When we say people should stay away from drugs and cultism, they will not hear.
Re: Court Remands Suspected Kidnappers Who Kept FUOYE Student In Hotel Wardrobe by FODA(m): 8:59am On Mar 30, 2022
I dnt understand this story,what type of hotel is that ?

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Unknown Gunmen Worse Pass Bandits / Maid Who Killed Mother Of Edo Ex-governor Lucky Igbinedion Sentenced To Death By / Nigeria Ranked 6th Most Terrorised Nation In The World, 3rd In Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.