Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,754 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

“the Hidden Industry Secrets For Finding A Sponsor Or Record Label For Your� - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / “the Hidden Industry Secrets For Finding A Sponsor Or Record Label For Your� (519 Views)

Three (3) Reasons Why You Need A Sponsor Or Record Label For Your Music(part 2) / How To Find A Sponsor Or Record Label For Your Music Career / Get Signed To A Record Label Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“the Hidden Industry Secrets For Finding A Sponsor Or Record Label For Your� by valentino475(m): 10:18am On Mar 29, 2022
Dear Friend,

If you are an Upcoming Musician, and you are truly desirous of becoming a music star, achieving fame and wealth and rising to the top of the industry, then this will be the most exciting message you read today.

Here is why.

My name is Djmo Stephens, and if you don’t already know who I am, I am the producer of the following hit songs:

But this letter is not about me.
It's About YOU!
So why am I telling you who I am and the people I have worked with so far.

Well, two reasons.

1. I want you to know I am 100% legit
and

2. I want you to understand that my work and association with all these people has led me to…
Know Some of the Mega Hidden Secrets
Of the Nigerian Music Industry
These are secrets anyone who wants to succeed in the Nigerian and even African music industry should know to hit it big.

When we gather, we the folks in the industry, either in my studio or at clubs or social places, we talk about different things - music (of course), women, men, personal stories and even more, we share business ideas and swap strategies that have worked, ideas which are still working.

Here's a small example:

If you are an upcoming musician, and you want to “blow”, there are two ways you can do it.
Way #1:
Release a song, put it on streaming apps, and sites like Soundcloud, and Tik-Tok and hope that it is catchy enough to get attention
Maybe it will work. . . maybe.

But you have to understand that you are not the only person doing this same thing.

There are at least 100,000 new musicians coming up every day, from every corner of Nigeria trying to get famous.

And every single one of them is trying to push and get “lucky” through social media.

Or…

You could do this next best thing, which is...
Way #2:
Find a Sponsor (or Record Label) that will fund the production, promotion and sponsorship of your music career
If I were in your shoes, I would go with #2, and here are three reasons why:

Reason 1 - Your career will take off faster

Look, trying to promote your own song all by yourself is tedious hard work.

You will go cap in hand, begging DJs, radio personalities, established music stars to help you distribute, and most of them will say NO.

And it’s not because they don’t want to help. It’s really because they also have their own money generating stuff to push. Why would they push yours and leave their own?

You see?

But a sponsor will simply buy your way into the right circles. They will pay DJs to spin your songs at parties, they will pay radio personalities to play your songs on their shows, they will pay other artists to feature.

Sponsorship means SPEED!

Reason 2 - You can afford to make mistakes

When you have someone covering the promotion end for you, you will be able to work without any pressure, you will be able to experiment, you will have creative freedom to take certain “risks” and even if you make mistakes, you will be protected, because sponsors know every song will not be a hit, and every show will not pay big.

Sponsors are not betting everything they own for you to succeed, and even if it doesn’t work out, they will not mind.

Getting a sponsor also means things like accommodation, your upkeep, and feeding is already sorted out for you. If you are doing everything yourself, there are certain risks you cannot take, you will be under pressure for your one song to be a hit, you will struggle, and despite all of that, you still may not succeed.

Reason 3 - You will make more money

Have you heard the saying, “you need money to make money”? It’s very true in the music business, where appearance matters a lot.

Sponsors will spend money to get you into the circles that will get you gigs and shows.
Bottomline Is - The Industry Is Hard To Navigate All by Yourself
And there are thousands of others just like you struggling to take your spot.

To succeed, you have to be different, you MUST be different.

That’s why you need a sponsor,

But getting a sponsor is not as easy as walking up to any moneybag and asking them to sponsor your song.

In fact, you SHOULD NOT walk up to any money bag or rich person and ask them to sponsor your song.

No.

If you want to get a sponsor to fund your music careers there is a specific path to doing it, first, so that it works, and secondly, so that you are protected.

And I have taken everything I know and everything I have learnt about it from all these people mentioned above and compiled them into this book, which I call…

You can contact me to have a copy (08094164893)

(1) (Reply)

The Services Of An Entertainment Lawyer To You As A Creative / Venue For Video Shoot@lydias Place / For Your Event Photography And Video Coverage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.