Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

The Whole Duty Of Man - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Whole Duty Of Man (123 Views)

This Is The Whole Duty Of A Believer / The Duty Of Church Of Christ In The World! / The Appearance Of The Sign Of The Son Of Man In Heaven And The Coming Of Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Whole Duty Of Man by topshore(f): 12:36pm On Mar 29, 2022
Scripture Text: Ecclesiastes 12:13-14

" Fear God and obey His Commandments. For this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work to judgement for every secret thing, whether good or bad".

From the above Scripture, the main purpose we are all here on earth is fear God and obey His Commands. Whatever we do with our lives in seasons and time, we must fulfil our whole duty to God; for God will bring to judgement every work we do whether good or bad. Whatever we do in secret, there is reward, judgement and consequences.

How Do We Perform Our Whole Duty To God?

It has been established that our whole duty is to manage our time and seasons well in the fear of God. In other words, our time and seasons here on earth is for us to fear God and obey His Word and instructions to us.

The question now is, what is the fear of God?

1. Proverbs 3:7 says: "Do not be wise in your own eyes, fear the LORD and shun evil". This means that the fear of God is for us to shun all forms of evil.

2. The fear of God is the respect, reverence and total submission to God and to His Will. Our real service is to respect and choose His will over ours- Proverbs 3:5-6.

3. Looking around us daily and beholding the awesomeness of God's Power around us will trigger us to appreciate Him and fear Him. The creative Power of God in nature, universe, heaven and the earth should instill His fear in us by praising and worshipping Him alone- Psalm 19:1.

4. To fear God is to live with others in love, joy, peace and harmony. This is the command of God for us. Treating others the way we want to be treated are ways to fear God- 1 John 4:18.

5. If we fear God, we won't be selfish towards or cheat others in our dealings. But we will use any opportunity or position to please God and serve humanity and men will see in our actions and dispositions that we truly fear God.

Mathew 5: 14-16

“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven".

6. Every blessed day that God wakes us up and makes us alive should be one of the major reasons to fear Him. "The Lord killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up" (1 Samuel 2:6). He is the One that sustains our lives everyday, so we should fear Him for that (Psalm 3:5)

Benefits of Fearing God - Psalm 25:12-15

"What man is he that feareth the Lord? him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose.
His soul shall dwell at ease; and his seed shall inherit the earth.
The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.
Mine eyes are ever toward the Lord; for he shall pluck my feet out of the net."

- We'll become God's personal projects and He will complete and perfect our lives in every area.
- He'll take over our lives and heaven will watch over us 24/7.
- He will satisfy us with long life - Proverbs 10:27
- He will give us wisdom to live a life of impact and meaning, and we can never be stranded in the journey of life- Psalm 145:19.
- He will empower us and fortify us with His weapons against satan and sin- Exodus 20:20; Hebrews 10:26-31
- God will have mercy on us as a weapon of warfare.. He will show us mercy instead of judgement- Luke 1:50.
- God will secure us and our family members. The Lord is with those that fear Him- Psalm 115:11
- He will direct our path in the right way and keep our feet from evil, disaster and sudden death- Proverbs 3:25-26
- The Secret of the Lord is always with those that fear Him. God will begin to trust us with His secrets when we begin to fear Him- Psalm 25:14
- The fear of God in us will never let us lie but speak the truth at all times- Proverbs 8:13.
- Heaven and its host will automatically become our deliverance ministers- Romans 8:38-39.
- The fear of the Lord brings in us the humility Spirit.
- We will be made holy and righteous through the fear of God. When we fear God, we His Holiness and His Glory- Philippians 2:12-13
- We shall inherit God's Kingdom at last- Isaiah 33:6; Luke 12:32.

Brethren, the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom... It is wise to hear God as from today. Tomorrow may be too late to repent. The best time is now! Give your life to Christ by obeying the commands of God in John 3: 16-17: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him". For this is the whole duty of man on earth.

If you would like to give your life to Christ Jesus, just say this short prayer:
"Lord Jesus, I come to You today, come into my life, take control of my life and change my world. i say by-bye to the devil, and I enter into the Kingdom of Light. Thank You Jesus, in Your name I pray, amen".
[i][/i]
Congratulations!!!

God bless you.

Peace!
Re: The Whole Duty Of Man by orisa37: 12:46pm On Mar 29, 2022
FIGHT ANY MOVEMENT IN SIGHT LIKE
PUTIN AND
BROCK LESNAR.
CREATE TROUBLE EVERYWHERE LIKE
MUHAMMADU BUHARI AND
SLEEP AROUND LIKE
DUNDEES.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 01/04/2022 / Time For SAHUR / Osinbajo Greets All Muslims As Ramadan Season Kicks Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.