Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,730 members, 7,831,328 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Tribalism Is Eating Nairaland Deeply On Daily Basis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribalism Is Eating Nairaland Deeply On Daily Basis (676 Views)

Money To Fix Nigeria Stolen On Daily Basis – ICPC / “I’m Deeply Saddened” – Femi Fani-Kayode Confirms TB Joshua’s Death / Twitter Reacts To Suspension By Nigerian Government, Says It's 'Deeply Concerned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribalism Is Eating Nairaland Deeply On Daily Basis by lekzy116(m): 1:53pm On Mar 29, 2022
I was always a guest on nairaland for like 2years before I decided to be a member back then in 2016. The shining of this beautiful forum was so bright then with meaningful and educative threads all over everywhere. The rule were very effective then that there was no room for tribalism or ethnicity brawl. Member always maintain decorum and you get improving yourself everyday through some inspiring content on the education section and other sections..

It's so sad to see how the forum has become polluted with ethnicity and tribal bigot now. There's no single day that you won't see people calling each other names. As a Yoruba guy, I stay up north for several years, stayed in Nnewi for a year or two, been to Enugu on many occasions and Auchi in Edo is like a second home for me..
One of my best friends now Chinonso is a very hard-working and sincere guy. Have many Hausa guys around and we all relate as one. But it's so sad that here as a public forum with million members and guests daily is now home for calling names and sentiment arena.

Sincere youth souls in this nation knows that all is not going well and instead of many to wake up and fight for what is right, they refuse but cowardly fighting themselves on faceless forum.. I believe Seun and others can do better and find a way of returning sanity here rather than enjoying the traffic resulting from tribal conversation here.

Mod can do well and push this to the front page.
We want nairaland back in his glory. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Tribalism Is Eating Nairaland Deeply On Daily Basis by Fahdiga(m): 1:55pm On Mar 29, 2022
I don't know what people gain from engaging in tribal tantrums. Let's shun tribalism. It helps no one

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribalism Is Eating Nairaland Deeply On Daily Basis by DigitalStepdad: 1:58pm On Mar 29, 2022
People are all suffering mental problem ... they are only expressing who they truly are ... becasue they feel the forum is anonymous ... the default setting of human being is evil and negative.

3 Likes

Re: Tribalism Is Eating Nairaland Deeply On Daily Basis by madridguy(m): 10:35am On Mar 31, 2022
Message me here.

lekzy116:
I was always a guest on nairaland for like 2years before I decided to be a member back then in 2016. The shining of this beautiful forum was so bright then with meaningful and educative threads all over everywhere. The rule were very effective then that there was no room for tribalism or ethnicity brawl. Member always maintain decorum and you get improving yourself everyday through some inspiring content on the education section and other sections..

It's so sad to see how the forum has become polluted with ethnicity and tribal bigot now. There's no single day that you won't see people calling each other names. As a Yoruba guy, I stay up north for several years, stayed in Nnewi for a year or two, been to Enugu on many occasions and Auchi in Edo is like a second home for me..
One of my best friends now Chinonso is a very hard-working and sincere guy. Have many Hausa guys around and we all relate as one. But it's so sad that here as a public forum with million members and guests daily is now home for calling names and sentiment arena.

Sincere youth souls in this nation knows that all is not going well and instead of many to wake up and fight for what is right, they refuse but cowardly fighting themselves on faceless forum.. I believe Seun and others can do better and find a way of returning sanity here rather than enjoying the traffic resulting from tribal conversation here.

Mod can do well and push this to the front page.
We want nairaland back in his glory. Thanks
Re: Tribalism Is Eating Nairaland Deeply On Daily Basis by Sufferingboy(f): 10:37am On Mar 31, 2022
Will afonjas hear?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribalism Is Eating Nairaland Deeply On Daily Basis by Karlovych: 10:38am On Mar 31, 2022
embarassed Ewedu and Amala lamentation

4 Likes

Re: Tribalism Is Eating Nairaland Deeply On Daily Basis by Sergio101(m): 10:38am On Mar 31, 2022
Let's shun tribalism.
It's very bad for our health and for our coming generation

I hate it when people litter our beautiful forum with tribal tantrum....... very sad embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tribalism Is Eating Nairaland Deeply On Daily Basis by buckeyemedia: 11:05am On Mar 31, 2022
Karlovych:
Afonja & Ipobian is the problem, mostly ipob.

2 Likes

Re: Tribalism Is Eating Nairaland Deeply On Daily Basis by buckeyemedia: 11:06am On Mar 31, 2022
Sergio101:
Let's shun tribalism.
It's very bad for our health and for our coming generation

I hate it when people litter our beautiful forum with tribal tantrum....... very sad embarassed
Champion Tribalist Himself, Hypocrites only deceive their lonesome.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribalism Is Eating Nairaland Deeply On Daily Basis by Coolsperm: 11:06am On Mar 31, 2022
Yoruba Muslims skull miners started the mess

4 Likes

Re: Tribalism Is Eating Nairaland Deeply On Daily Basis by Sergio101(m): 1:00pm On Mar 31, 2022
buckeyemedia:

Your own headache not mine cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Tribalism Is Eating Nairaland Deeply On Daily Basis by 1860sixty: 10:24pm On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
buckeyemedia:
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Tribalism Is Eating Nairaland Deeply On Daily Basis by 1860s: 10:25pm On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
buckeyemedia:
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Tribalism Is Eating Nairaland Deeply On Daily Basis by LLiKYekoba: 11:52pm On Mar 31, 2022
buckeyemedia:

Mr 'I be urhobo', this one wey this thing hit you for nerve, you really sure your mama about your ethnicity give you?

I don tey for NL o, when I see 'We SS' ewedu people, I dey hold dem for trouser. grin

2 Likes

Re: Tribalism Is Eating Nairaland Deeply On Daily Basis by delpee(f): 12:26am On Apr 01, 2022
Tribalism even on topics that should be sources of valuable information and greater knowledge!
It's so annoying and irritating most times.

It shows a level of poverty of thought, lack of exposure immaturity and an archaic mindset (bushman mentality perhaps). undecided

NL was far more classy and had more intellectuals in the early years.

1 Like

Re: Tribalism Is Eating Nairaland Deeply On Daily Basis by ablejesus26(m): 12:52am On Apr 01, 2022
Karlovych:

Op don't try to correct them to some of them doing tribal gbasgbos on nairaland is the only thing keeping them from drinking sniper and ending this miserable life they are living �
Na their destiny if them stop am them done die be dat.
Like dis useless animal I am quoting, the day he stops bigotry is the very day he will will die

1 Like

Re: Tribalism Is Eating Nairaland Deeply On Daily Basis by EagleNest(m): 5:02am On Apr 01, 2022
I sense NL Management are clueless and helpless on how to move Nairaland away as platform of tribal/ethnic fight to platform of reasons, thoughts and patriotism.

In fact I'm not sure if the founder of NL has any particular vision for the platform - more reasons why it hasn't evolved after many years of existence.
Re: Tribalism Is Eating Nairaland Deeply On Daily Basis by greatiyk4u(m): 6:47am On Apr 01, 2022
The tribalism starts and ends here,

Sometimes tribalism breeds competition which sometimes encourages people to start working hard,

If not tribalism here, many won't know some of the secrets they have known about other tribes in Nigeria

I am seeing no harm in it since we can all read and pass

2 Likes

Re: Tribalism Is Eating Nairaland Deeply On Daily Basis by lonelydora: 6:52am On Apr 01, 2022
Humans are communal selfish animals, so expect sprinkle of disagreements and fights here and there.

We disagree to agree.

We blame every other person except ourselves.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Should WAEC And NECO Shift Exams Because Of Sit At Home / The Implications Of Atiku's Emergence In PDP / Has Ahmed Lawan Stepped Down?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.