Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Birth Without Injuries - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Birth Without Injuries (326 Views)

Birth Without Injuries / Child Birth Without Injuries / Birth Without Injuries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Birth Without Injuries by Favinci(m): 3:06pm On Mar 29, 2022
NOT LESS THAN 58,000 NIGERIAN PREGNANT WOMEN LOSE THEIR LIVES YEARLY TO CHILDBIRTH AND PREGNANCY RELATED CAUSES
Are you pregnant, about to conceive or of child bearing age?

Then you need to know these important facts to better prepare against unfortunate times during delivery:

In Nigeria, chances are quite high that a woman will have a tear or get an episiotomy whether or not it's her first childbirth, and whether or not she has had it previously.

A lady commented on one of my posts not too long ago and said:

“…THEY have succeeded in giving me episiotomy two consecutive times in my two childbirths. I just pray I retain my pride and confidence as a woman and wife.”

To this lady, the nurses and midwives are to be blamed for her situation. Thus she wrote:

"THEY have succeeded in giving me episiotomy two consecutive times...".

The truth is, if you don't know and do your part well to prepare you may still get injuries though the nurses and the midwives should try their best.

Another lady still wrote this one that aches my heart each time I remember it:

“I’m a victim of childbirth injury, already suffering from pain of episiotomy. I can’t even sit properly and puss is coming out from there.”

In this second case, it is either the area the lady was given the episiotomy wasn’t sutured well or that she didn’t manage it well to heal. Her condition could worsen to a point of anal or bowel incontinence where she may no longer control her bowel flow.

Another lady still wrote:

“…after the tear I got during childbirth I discovered I pollute the air or gas uncontrollably. What do I do, and how can I avoid it next time.”

All of the above show the reality that women face at childbirth, and it’s worse in Nigeria basically for three reasons:

3 REASONS GIVING BIRTH IN NIGERIA IS RISKY

#1. SHORTAGE OF WORKERS

With a few hands on ground and a long queue of pregnant women waiting to be attended to, the available nurses and midwives have to do whatever is convenient to still meet up.

Thus, giving you an episiotomy with a sharp blade would be an easier option for them while you bear the damages.

Sometimes the only staff on ground is the one that lacks experience as to what exactly needs to be done.

Isn’t that enough reason you should try to know what to expect so you can tell when they are playing games with your life and stop them?

Of course, a major reason for shortage of workers is that the hospital wants to pay few workers to possibly still make more profit. That's for private owned facilities. Then, for government hospitals, it is mostly that the staff are not often at their duty post.

#2. LACK OF SPACE FACILITY

In most maternity centres where space is lacking the nurses and midwives are also left with no better option than that which saves time and space, so they can quickly discharge you to attend to others.

As a result, they don't exercise the patience to see you deliver naturally and safely.

And even after giving the episiotomy, most of the times, there are no materials readily on ground to repair the wound. Worse also is that the right person to do the suturing may not even be available. That further exposes the woman to more danger of infection and other complications.

Episiotomy; cutting mother's vagina to facilitate childbirth.

#3. LACK OF EQUIPMENT

This is another big issue – either that the equipment is not available or that the available one is not functional. Why on earth will a hospital know they aren’t ready, yet they are admitting patients – to waste two lives (mother and child).

Isn’t that a death trap?

I was reading an article the other time on the website of the NIGERIAN HEALTH WATCH, and it was about a man that the wife gave birth with injuries and the hospital didn’t have this common drug to control the bleeding. By the time the man returned from where he went to check for the drug, the wife had passed on. The worse part was that the man left the matter to go like that because he felt that even if he should take a legal action, it will still be both waste of time and resources.

But he could have tried!

So, it shouldn’t be a surprise why Nigeria is among the top 4 countries with the highest maternal death estimated at 58,000 yearly, and about 150 daily.

These are women dying only from childbirth cases.

Most people working in the hospitals have seen a number of people die that the thought of the next person dying doesn’t move them at all.

I read a post on a blog on HOW A HIGH RATED HOSPITAL ALMOST POISONED a woman and her FIRST BABY
read this story

I will never forget in my first pregnancy back in 2016 how my husband warned me never to use any drug they would give me at antenatal until he had seen it and confirmed that it was okay. He is a manager in a pharmacy company, so I believed he knew what he was talking about.

Then one Tuesday I went for antenatal and they gave me one antimalarial medication. I quickly called my husband if I should go ahead and take it since he wasn’t going to return home early. But he insisted I don’t.

Finally, he returned and looked at the drug and was like, “This batch of the drug has already expired since 2014”.

This is now 2016 and the expiration date on the drug reads 2019.

You can imagine!

I didn’t believe until he brought it out from the pack and it was clear that they had cut off the part they wrote the expiration date on the Sachet. The next morning, he went to his office and got the current batch of the drug that hasn’t expired and showed me.

Then, by Thursday that same week, he went with me to the hospital to confront them. And trust my husband, he first came in calmly as though he was making enquiry, but he was recording the moment.

When everything was now obvious, they started begging, saying it was the guy that supplied them the drug that played that fast one on them. It’s just that I begged him to forgo, otherwise, the hospital would had faced being shut down.

But what touched me most that day was a woman we met at the entrance of the hospital who was already leaving, and seeing she had the hospital bag, I approached her to see if they gave her that same expired drug.

And right there was the same expired drug in her bag.

I finished telling her why we came and she ignored us and left with the drug. I wonder what she was thinking.

Except God had intervened, the life of that woman or her child or both would have been endangered. Likewise many others who got the expired drug before we came to stop the hospital from giving it out.

So we are not just talking about lacking the necessary drugs or apparatus, but how sound such are if available.

You now see why most of your leaders would travel out to get their health needs.

You may not have such money and privilege to do like them, but there is something you can comfortably do that works perfectly.

It’s indeed a thing of joy if you are pregnant and should be celebrated. But the celebration will not be complete if anything should go wrong at the later part of childbirth.

It is vital for each upcoming mum to be ready and take charge from the early stage of pregnancy.

If that isn’t done, it could end up in trying to choose between the mother’s life and that of the baby – either the mother dying or the baby dying.

Why should that be the case when both (the mother and the baby) could have lived?

So, there’s actually a war, but you can win!

Knowing what the battle entails is already half way the victory as that will help you get better prepared.

FACT...

Everybody agrees that the greatest job any woman has with pregnancy is not about ‘Getting Pregnant’

It is about ‘Giving Birth’...

That’s why it gives the most concern when that time starts approaching.

I have found that it’s very natural to be afraid of a definite task ahead when you know you aren’t prepared (or prepared enough) for the task.

You'll hear people say that the worse pain for any woman to go through is childbirth.

That is very true, and the reason is simply that many don't prepare for it. So, there's every reason to have ‘tokophobia’ – the fear associated with childbirth.

But childbirth can be easy!

Isn’t it reasonable to think that if there are people who have had it easy with childbirth, then others can learn their secrets so they can enjoy the same?

So, the question now is, how do one find out their secrets?

That is what we are here to learn.

When you know the exact thing to do, you will prepare better without wasting time and effort in trial and error. And the better you prepare for childbirth the more your confidence grows as your EDD approaches.
I recommend a training course that has worked for some many mothers from child birth .
ARE YOU READY FOR THIS?!

You're About To Discover A
100% Natural Technique to practice from the comfort of your home, and being a combined approach makes it super effective than any other approach ever known.

The lesson starts by enlightening you on adequate pregnancy diet to improve the health of your unborn child while keeping the weight in check, and how you can achieve this diet plan with your local meals.

You will get to understand your Body Equation in relation with your partner to be better informed as to what is expected of your type

Then, you will learn how to select the best healthcare provider and what to do next to secure their maximum support that you need.
Next are the recommended tips and tricks and how to go about them and be able to measure progress to possibly tell for sure that you are on the right track.

Finally, you will learn how to combine the points above to meet the two most important requirements at the hospital for injury-free vaginal delivery to be possible.
To enroll and get the full courses send me a text message or chat me up on whatsaap
@09065613604 .i will be sending you access link to the training course.
You will get So many secrets on delivering safely without child birth injuries.
For more info @09065613604

(1) (Reply)

Weak Erection And Premature Ejaculation (best Effective Permanent Treatment) / Health Problems You Can Have For Not Having S3x For A Longer Period / 5 Dangers Of Sleeping With Animals And Ways To Detect Who Does

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.