Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Football Is The Only Thing That Unites us in Nigeria - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Football Is The Only Thing That Unites us in Nigeria (18751 Views)

Racism In Football Is At An All-Time High - Romelu Lukaku Laments / Nigeria's Football is set for total blackout In The Year 2021... / Yaya Toure: Racism In Football Is Due To Increase In Stupidity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Football Is The Only Thing That Unites us in Nigeria by Cinema4d: 9:28pm On Mar 29, 2022
Designs speaks a lot.

Re: Football Is The Only Thing That Unites us in Nigeria by WhizdomXX(m): 9:28pm On Mar 29, 2022
That unity is now dead.

5 Likes

Re: Football Is The Only Thing That Unites us in Nigeria by VPN11(m): 9:28pm On Mar 29, 2022
Super Eagles right now sad angry shocked

Re: Football Is The Only Thing That Unites us in Nigeria by Iliyasdass(m): 9:29pm On Mar 29, 2022
Betece:
Nothing go unite me and Fulani man for this world not even money ...
Speak for yourself

Biafrans are out of the world cup

1 Like

Re: Football Is The Only Thing That Unites us in Nigeria by ayenale1(m): 9:30pm On Mar 29, 2022
Buhari led APC govt don widen the gap of disunity in this country...

1 Like

Re: Football Is The Only Thing That Unites us in Nigeria by SmartPolician: 9:30pm On Mar 29, 2022
On the flip side, politics and social media tear the country apart.
Re: Football Is The Only Thing That Unites us in Nigeria by simplesearch: 9:30pm On Mar 29, 2022
Unfortunately Unity built on football is false unity and cannot be sustained for too long. Real unity is when every part of a nation have a say in the way they are being ruled, with each part maintaining a mutual respect for each other.

3 Likes

Re: Football Is The Only Thing That Unites us in Nigeria by house10s2: 9:30pm On Mar 29, 2022
u n who?

1 Like

Re: Football Is The Only Thing That Unites us in Nigeria by Yemi4luv: 9:31pm On Mar 29, 2022
Yes you are right I feel down tonight about today result
Re: Football Is The Only Thing That Unites us in Nigeria by Investorozay: 9:32pm On Mar 29, 2022
unity ke
all the abokeyyy in the team bring nothing to it
useless dead country
we have all moved on
Messi for his WC
fck naija
Re: Football Is The Only Thing That Unites us in Nigeria by NGArmyTerrorist: 9:32pm On Mar 29, 2022
Unite you and who? Shift one said.... 60 people died and your Super wingless eagles can't even show solidarity! Are you OK!

3 Likes

Re: Football Is The Only Thing That Unites us in Nigeria by kenzysmith: 9:32pm On Mar 29, 2022
Pls the next coach weda foriegn or local pls stay away from nigerians opinion if u want to succed. They are witches and wizards. Rohr we re sorry
Re: Football Is The Only Thing That Unites us in Nigeria by Bbbwings: 9:32pm On Mar 29, 2022
Nonsense unity
The country is going down the drain
Re: Football Is The Only Thing That Unites us in Nigeria by kcdendelo: 9:32pm On Mar 29, 2022
Betece:
Speak for yourself
Thank you my brother
Re: Football Is The Only Thing That Unites us in Nigeria by mmsen: 9:32pm On Mar 29, 2022
Techsupport:
And we are not even good at it. If it is about the only thing that Nigerians unite behind, a sensible government would invest everything to make the Nigerian football a world class.
If something as important as football in Nigeria is given this last minute attention, Imagine the rot in other sectors of the country.

They would rather allow Nigerians waste their time and money on religious nonsense.
Re: Football Is The Only Thing That Unites us in Nigeria by xynerise: 9:32pm On Mar 29, 2022
God1000:
Apart from soccer, I don't see anything else that brings us together in Nigeria, we put aside our differences whenever Nigeria is playing football match against another country.

Unfortunately we lost to Ghana today.

So back to default settings I guess?
Re: Football Is The Only Thing That Unites us in Nigeria by BigYash: 9:33pm On Mar 29, 2022
Betece:
Speak for yourself
Why you dey vex?? Fulani people are like wild animals ,they don't have regards for human lives e.g .. The current Nigerian President and the Kaduna state governor.. Perfect examples...

1 Like

Re: Football Is The Only Thing That Unites us in Nigeria by shogsman(m): 9:33pm On Mar 29, 2022
God1000:
Apart from soccer, I don't see anything else that brings us together in Nigeria, we put aside our differences whenever Nigeria is playing football match against another country.

Stop calling it soccer for fvck sake,you don't live in USA, it's football,we call it soccer here because there is another kind of funky sport people call football here even though you don't play it with your legs

3 Likes

Re: Football Is The Only Thing That Unites us in Nigeria by nickyj19: 9:33pm On Mar 29, 2022
Betece:
Speak for yourself
grin grin grin
Re: Football Is The Only Thing That Unites us in Nigeria by israelmao(m): 9:33pm On Mar 29, 2022
Nigeria is in her darkest moment with many misfortunes following closely after each other ,remember the darkest clouds bring forth heavy rain and the darkest sky brings forth a new day.God is aware of all we've been through,he is not silent he is only working the best way out for Nigeria.Please let's keep our hope alive.

1 Like

Re: Football Is The Only Thing That Unites us in Nigeria by Loverboi2cute(m): 9:34pm On Mar 29, 2022
God1000:
which blood man?

Dem no need to answer dis one....go ask ur Papa
Re: Football Is The Only Thing That Unites us in Nigeria by Lionnation: 9:34pm On Mar 29, 2022
Omicron007:
shocked

A nation divided against itself can never succeed.
This country has long gone to the dogs.

God is forever impartial. You expect to be shouting and jubilating down the streets when a lot of people lost their lives in the Train attack?
I wonder, Nigerians seff
Re: Football Is The Only Thing That Unites us in Nigeria by alphaconde(m): 9:35pm On Mar 29, 2022
hopelessness everywhere
politicians thinking about the next election
Re: Football Is The Only Thing That Unites us in Nigeria by enebelid9(m): 9:36pm On Mar 29, 2022
Hilarious moment Nigerians hail Ghana Stars at Abuja stadium just before the match as super eagles of Nigeria loses to Black stars of Ghana���

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7PzfeSjlVM

God1000:

Re: Football Is The Only Thing That Unites us in Nigeria by derecho(m): 9:36pm On Mar 29, 2022
Not only football o...If you read the thread about the Kenyan guy disrespecting Nigerian English yesterday, you'll understand that Nigerians are naturally proud and would unite against anything that makes them feel inferior or play second fiddle.
Believe it or not, Nigerians have national pride.
If our Basketballers beat The U.S and the game is televised like football, Nigerians would unite.

Our leaders are the ones dividing us.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Football Is The Only Thing That Unites us in Nigeria by VPN11(m): 9:36pm On Mar 29, 2022
Iliyasdass:

Biafrans are out of the world cup

Wetin Fulanis dey contribute ?

= Land grabbers
Rapeist;lack of education, terrorists; murderer's; animal sex;loothers;invaders; I blame our parents and useless elite's ;for allowing ;this parasites from Futadjalon (Fulanis) to use divide; and conquer to destroy us.

4 Likes

Re: Football Is The Only Thing That Unites us in Nigeria by Diligence: 9:37pm On Mar 29, 2022
I doubt if Nigerians wld still wait for APC ...
Re: Football Is The Only Thing That Unites us in Nigeria by Jesuslvzme(m): 9:37pm On Mar 29, 2022
Conclusion - God is not aware of Nigeria
SwayG:
Nothing is going well in the country.

ASUU on strike
Fuel Hike
Transportation Hike
No electricity
Inflation everywhere
Bandits and Kidnapping every corner
Herdsmen and insecurity

The only thing that we were counting on to make us happy and to at least forget about our problems even for a day was this Football match against GHANA.

This Corn-Tree is officially Gone.
NOTHING IS WORKING
Re: Football Is The Only Thing That Unites us in Nigeria by senjutsu(m): 9:37pm On Mar 29, 2022
Even the football seems to have failed us
Re: Football Is The Only Thing That Unites us in Nigeria by Faber(m): 9:38pm On Mar 29, 2022
grin grin

Ndidi, absent
Iheanacho, absent
Iwobi, absent
Maduka Okoye, absent
Omeruo, absent
Chukwueze, absent
Onuachu, absent
Simy Nwankwo, absent
Samuel Kalu, absent
Kelechi Nwakali, absent

Have you seen how useless Igbo players are. Had it been they played, Nigeria wouldn't have qualified. We qualified because they were absent.
Re: Football Is The Only Thing That Unites us in Nigeria by Johnrake69: 9:39pm On Mar 29, 2022
Now, let our suffering unite us. Let the harsh economy unite us. Let the wanton destruction of life and properties unite us.

I'm happy we lost
Re: Football Is The Only Thing That Unites us in Nigeria by Emyogalanya: 9:40pm On Mar 29, 2022
Looting unites the elites. While stupidity unites the common man

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Will Leave Liverpool At The End Of This Season - Klopp / Kano Pillars Wins Nigeria League (NPFL) For The Third Successive Time. / Southampton Relegated From The Premier League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.