Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,707 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

The Ukraine-russian Peace Talks In Istanbul Ended. The Results: - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Ukraine-russian Peace Talks In Istanbul Ended. The Results: (1734 Views)

ISIS Claims Saint Mary Church Attack On Sunday In Istanbul (photos) / Kim Jong Un And Vladimir Putin Meet For Talks In Russia / Turkey Rejects US Embassy’s Condolences Over Terror Attack In Istanbul (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ukraine-russian Peace Talks In Istanbul Ended. The Results: by Naijjablog(m): 9:09pm On Mar 29, 2022
1) Ukraine requires security guarantees similar to NATO's Article 5. If Ukraine is a target of aggression, all guarantors have three days to respond and provide military assistance to Ukraine.

2) Guarantors should be the members of UN, primary Britain,
China, Russia, USA, France, Poland and Turkey.

3) Ukraine agrees with neutral status. That means no nuclear weapons and no military alliances. If Ukraine wants to host a military exercise or have a foreign military base on its territory, it needs to have an approval by all guarantors.

4) The neutrality requires a change of Ukrainian constitution. A public referendum is needed for that.

5) Guarantees do not apply for Crimea and Donbas. These are separate issues and needs further discussion.

6) Ukraine is free to join EU, Russia has no issue with that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ukraine-russian Peace Talks In Istanbul Ended. The Results: by Amb1045(m): 9:19pm On Mar 29, 2022
Wow, thank God the war finally ended. Putin God bless you for accept those conditions

2 Likes

Re: The Ukraine-russian Peace Talks In Istanbul Ended. The Results: by Flets: 9:44pm On Mar 29, 2022
Unfortunately, this is the start of Russia’s problem despite being a probable end to the war.

The sanctions will not be lifted and Putin will still be tried at ICC for invading a sovereign nation.

The west will quickly help rebuild Ukraine after the war but Putin travails is just starting.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ukraine-russian Peace Talks In Istanbul Ended. The Results: by ken6488(m): 10:06pm On Mar 29, 2022
Flets:
Unfortunately, this is the start of Russia’s problem despite being a probable end to the war.

The sanctions will not be lifted and Putin will still be tried at ICC for invading a sovereign nation.

The west will quickly help rebuild Ukraine after the war but Putin travails is just starting.
Try Putin? grin

Is this sarcasm

How many USA president has been tried?

12 Likes

Re: The Ukraine-russian Peace Talks In Istanbul Ended. The Results: by Flets: 10:12pm On Mar 29, 2022
Vympel:
who will try Putin?�����....You are funny o...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/03/24/putin-icc-biden-war-crimes/
Re: The Ukraine-russian Peace Talks In Istanbul Ended. The Results: by Flets: 10:13pm On Mar 29, 2022
ken6488:

Try Putin? grin

Is this sarcasm

How many USA president has been tried?

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/14/vladimir-putin-war-crimes-icc-sajid-javid-hague
Re: The Ukraine-russian Peace Talks In Istanbul Ended. The Results: by ken6488(m): 10:16pm On Mar 29, 2022
Flets:

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/14/vladimir-putin-war-crimes-icc-sajid-javid-hague
answer my question not link how many USA president has been tried

9 Likes

Re: The Ukraine-russian Peace Talks In Istanbul Ended. The Results: by ken6488(m): 10:17pm On Mar 29, 2022
Flets:

Washington Post is a USA media
Who gave Russia that authority

They know there Mate

1 Like

Re: The Ukraine-russian Peace Talks In Istanbul Ended. The Results: by VictorUSA(m): 10:38pm On Mar 29, 2022
Putin grossly miscalculated this invasion.Neutrality needs constitutional amendment or public referendum? Meaning it's easier/most likely for Ukraine to join nato than not joining.Ukraine was invited to nato's next summit. Russia lose this war.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ukraine-russian Peace Talks In Istanbul Ended. The Results: by Kelvin3476: 10:54pm On Mar 29, 2022
ken6488:
OF WHAT CRIME ?
Re: The Ukraine-russian Peace Talks In Istanbul Ended. The Results: by baralatie(m): 11:13pm On Mar 29, 2022
VictorUSA:
Putin grossly miscalculated this invasion.Neutrality needs constitutional amendment or public referendum? Meaning it's easier/most likely for Ukraine to join nato than not joining.Ukraine was invited to nato's next summit. Russia lose this war.
Let me.explain to you how this works!
As of now Crimea and Donetsk,lohansk are gone!(minsk1,minsk2 and finally this war ensured that)

The easiest path for zelensky and Ukraine is to be nuetral paving way for cease of military action on both sides (pursuit of cooperation at all national levels will result) and if they repeat that same nonsense mistake that they have been doing for the past eight years and three times before now.
Well it means zelensky is a war fanatic and we now enter a phase 2 of war between Russia and Ukraine.
I don't think that path is cheap for everybody

3 Likes

Re: The Ukraine-russian Peace Talks In Istanbul Ended. The Results: by Flets: 11:21pm On Mar 29, 2022
ken6488:

Feel free to try the US president at the ICC. For now it’s Putin to be tried.
Re: The Ukraine-russian Peace Talks In Istanbul Ended. The Results: by baralatie(m): 11:24pm On Mar 29, 2022
Flets:

Sanctions against Russia will be lifted because of all whole lot of reasons

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ukraine-russian Peace Talks In Istanbul Ended. The Results: by hayzed19(m): 11:38pm On Mar 29, 2022
Because you are the one who sanctioned them.
Even Britain's foreign minister believes the sanctions could be lifted if Russia agrees to a cease-fire.
You even stated that Putin will be tried in The Hague.
The World Court is reserved for African and smaller countries.
Flets:

8 Likes

Re: The Ukraine-russian Peace Talks In Istanbul Ended. The Results: by ken6488(m): 12:22am On Mar 30, 2022
Flets:

Sanction will be lifted th3 moment Russia troops get withdraw to Russia

Because no more justification for the sanction

It all becomes past wars, which NATO is guilty of too so rest

7 Likes

Re: The Ukraine-russian Peace Talks In Istanbul Ended. The Results: by leofab(f): 12:33am On Mar 30, 2022
Many countries that left can’t come back.
Re: The Ukraine-russian Peace Talks In Istanbul Ended. The Results: by Flets: 1:19am On Mar 30, 2022
ken6488:

Sanction will be lifted th3 moment Russia troops get withdraw to Russia

Because no more justification for the sanction

It all becomes past wars, which NATO is guilty of too so rest

Relax, Putin scored on own goal.

You really believe all the companies that exited Russia will return?

You believe Europe will back down from the search of alternate gas?

These sanctions were for invading a sovereign country….. Russia’s withdrawal does not invalidate the invasion.

I am not willing to engage Nairaland Putin apologists. Quote me when Putin withdraws, all sanctions lifted and out companies return to Russia

If you care to know, Russia will be a pariah state for a very long time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ukraine-russian Peace Talks In Istanbul Ended. The Results: by Flets: 1:22am On Mar 30, 2022
baralatie:

Sanctions against Russia will be lifted because of all whole lot of reasons

Only the sanctions that impact the west will be lifted.

All other sanctions will stay put. Quote me when all the sanctions are lifted.

Putin lost both the battle and the war.

1 Like

Re: The Ukraine-russian Peace Talks In Istanbul Ended. The Results: by VictorUSA(m): 1:27am On Mar 30, 2022
baralatie I'm not disputing your positions, but my point is this: making a constitutional amendment or public referendum a condition for neutrality makes it unlikely.

Crimea and the breakaway regions are talk for another day. NATO invited ukraine to its summit, that would hint us.

#AmericaWorldPowerForever

1 Like

Re: The Ukraine-russian Peace Talks In Istanbul Ended. The Results: by WoundedLamb: 1:36am On Mar 30, 2022
Hmm... Interesting. Hopefully, this ends the war. If Russia accepts this (and eventually forgoes Donbas), then it would appear NATO is either trying to outsmart them or just offer them a way to end this war with no side appearing weak (similar to the Cuba case).

I said so cause the reason Ukraine wanted to be in NATO was to stop Russia from constantly trying to redraw their map (Crimea and Donbas) and Russia didn't want Ukraine in NATO cause NATO would be in thier way of doing just that (the whole missile planting stuff ain't believable considering the fact that virtually all Russian neighbours are NATO members already). Now, by asking Russia to withdraw based on the mere fact that they're staying away from NATO without yet giving up Crimea and Donbas only makes one wonder what Russia actually gained from the war. To make matters worse, Ukraine is still going into a pact with the US and other world powers which will give them the protection they've always wanted (hoping it doesn't end up like the Budapest Memorandum). Another smart move here is including China as a signatory. That way, they'd be forced to take sides next time Russia goes off leash.

Nevertheless, I've always wanted it to come to this cause, like I said, I believe Crimea and Donbas have always been what Putin is out for. NATO missile concerns were just a cover. That's why they tagged the operation "peacekeeping" to enable them get in even when Ukraine's NATO membership was still under consideration. Many people on here were on about "what would you do if your enemy comes that close?" The enemy has always been close to Russia. But let's see what Russia would do now that the enemy is backing off.

If Russia just doesn't want Ukraine in NATO, all they have to do is provide them with a formal and strongly worded assurance that they'd stop the aggression going forward (like the one contained herein). That's because you can't just ask them not to join without addressing the reason they wanted to be there in the first place, that wouldn't be a solution. Negotiation is all about compromise.

#MyOpinion #Peace

3 Likes

Re: The Ukraine-russian Peace Talks In Istanbul Ended. The Results: by baralatie(m): 2:06am On Mar 30, 2022
VictorUSA:
baralatie I'm not disputing your positions, but my point is this: making a constitutional amendment or public referendum a condition for neutrality makes it unlikely.

Crimea and the breakaway regions are talk for another day. NATO invited ukraine to its summit, that would hint us.

#AmericaWorldPowerForever
Like I said if zelensky likes let him come and say the neutrality is not possible.
It makes very easy for Russia.
It will move to phase 2 of the war.if NATO likes they can join the war(that is what zelensky and NATo wants and the war is what zelensky and kyiv will get).
It is just a pity that zelensky chose destruction if that should be the case

When the phase 2 war starts with Russia america can join.then we will now eventually blame zelensky but it will be too late.
The war that zelensky is asking for he is not the one that is going to pay for it.it is Ukraine(kyiv and lyiv)
Crimea,Donetsk and lohansk are already gone!
Russia is permanently stationed and armed in these areas until they get their neutrality implant in Ukraine and in that constitution and have NATo mandate removed.

2 Likes

Re: The Ukraine-russian Peace Talks In Istanbul Ended. The Results: by baralatie(m): 2:14am On Mar 30, 2022
Flets:

Guess the sanctions that affect the west
Re: The Ukraine-russian Peace Talks In Istanbul Ended. The Results: by VictorUSA(m): 3:58am On Mar 30, 2022
Baralatie, Zelensky shouldn't be blamed for this war.Why would Putin dictate to a sovereign nation what it should do.Putin annexed crimea is just like a person cut part of your land to his already larger one(that is not a problem to you);Putin successfully recognized two breakaway regions is just like the same powerful person instigated ur brothers to reject you(that is not a problem to u);Ukraine wants to join NATO so as to stop Putin's brutality but he refused and invaded Ukraine(it is still Ukraine's fault).Now tell me, what is the justification for all this? Let the 2nd phase of the war begin with U.S-led NATO and Russia will finally be destroyed. #USAWorldPowerFosever.

1 Like

Re: The Ukraine-russian Peace Talks In Istanbul Ended. The Results: by VictorUSA(m): 4:05am On Mar 30, 2022
WoundedLamb, your opinion is the reality.
Re: The Ukraine-russian Peace Talks In Istanbul Ended. The Results: by AJSfan: 4:10am On Mar 30, 2022
Flets:

You are being emotional rather than logical.

Russia has the EU on their balls. Even NATO has been divided over the rubbish sanctions. Did you see Turkey sanctioning Russia? The peace agreement is even brokered by Turkey. All sanctions will be lifted and life will continue like nothing ever happened. Russia is not a third world country that can be bullied.

4 Likes

Re: The Ukraine-russian Peace Talks In Istanbul Ended. The Results: by AJSfan: 4:11am On Mar 30, 2022
VictorUSA:
Baralatie, Zelensky shouldn't be blamed for this war.Why would Putin dictate to a sovereign nation what it should do.Putin annexed crimea is just like a person cut part of your land to his already larger one(that is not a problem to you);Putin successfully recognized two breakaway regions is just like the same powerful person instigated ur brothers to reject you(that is not a problem to u);Ukraine wants to join NATO so as to stop Putin's brutality but he refused and invaded Ukraine(it is still Ukraine's fault).Now tell me, what is the justification for all this? Let the 2nd phase of the war begin with U.S-led NATO and Russia will finally be destroyed. #USAWorldPowerFosever.
War happens when diplomacy fails. Putin exhausted all the options in the books before attacking.

1 Like

Re: The Ukraine-russian Peace Talks In Istanbul Ended. The Results: by VictorUSA(m): 4:17am On Mar 30, 2022
AJSfan:
War happens when diplomacy fails. Putin exhausted all the options in the books before attacking.
So basically, you support his invasion of Ukraine?
Re: The Ukraine-russian Peace Talks In Istanbul Ended. The Results: by VictorUSA(m): 4:23am On Mar 30, 2022
Flets, I agree with your first and last point but the 2nd I disagree.Sanctions must be lifted so as to end the hit back of such sanctions on the imposer.They're also feeling the hit of the sanctions they imposed on Russia.

1 Like

Re: The Ukraine-russian Peace Talks In Istanbul Ended. The Results: by AJSfan: 4:27am On Mar 30, 2022
VictorUSA:
So basically, you support his invasion of Ukraine?
It is not about whether I support or not but the merit of the argument. I can also ask you if you support the killing of over 14,000 Russian natives of Ukraine by the state military and nationalist militias. I can also ask if you support Zelensky ban on the speaking of Russian language when you know fully well that Russia is the second major ethnic group in Ukraine.

Putin has good reasons to be suspicious about the activities of his enemies in his brother's house.

4 Likes

Re: The Ukraine-russian Peace Talks In Istanbul Ended. The Results: by Help2020: 5:35am On Mar 30, 2022
Flets:

Shey you will go to Russia to pick Putin up for trial?

1 Like

Re: The Ukraine-russian Peace Talks In Istanbul Ended. The Results: by Help2020: 5:36am On Mar 30, 2022
Flets:

So,you think Russia is one small powerless country right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Donald Trump is a danger-in-waiting to the United States. Please Pray / Israel Chickens, Out Cancels Ground Operation To Invade Gaza / Photo Of British Royal Family That Got Every One Talking….

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.