Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,822 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Ruble Becomes Best-performing Currency In March; Soars To 83 To The Dollar - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ruble Becomes Best-performing Currency In March; Soars To 83 To The Dollar (711 Views)

UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars / How Russia Rescued The Ruble / Death Toll In Gaza Jumps To 83 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ruble Becomes Best-performing Currency In March; Soars To 83 To The Dollar by paafin(m): 10:02pm On Mar 29, 2022
The ruble has recouped most of its losses and become the top-performing currency globally. It continues to gain and is up 60 per cent against the US dollar from its lows in the first week of March.

The ruble appreciated to 83 to the dollar intraday on Tuesday against a record low of 139 on March 7. Thanks to the recent rally, the ruble is only about 10 per cent lower than what it was before the Russian invasion of Ukraine on February 24. The ruble was trading at around 76 before the invasion, according to the data from Bloomberg.

Analysts say the post-invasion depreciation in the ruble is modest, considering the severity of European and American sanctions on Russia. As part of the sanctions, the United States and European Union froze nearly half the Russian central bank’s $640-billion foreign exchange reserves held in banks outside Russia.

Russian companies and individuals have been debarred from doing transactions in dollars and euros and nearly 400 Western firms have closed operations in Russia. A majority of the Russian banks have been cut off from the Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT), which executes financial transactions and payments among banks worldwide. These moves have cut Russia’s financial and trade transactions with Western countries.

Source
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://wap.business-standard.com/article-amp/international/ruble-becomes-best-performing-currency-in-march-soars-to-83-to-the-dollar-122032901631_1.html&ved=2ahUKEwi-8LTvmuz2AhVrgP0HHbQ-BqcQyM8BKAB6BAgHEAI&usg=AOvVaw0_7EqK_YghtPQNDjJe82x9
Re: Ruble Becomes Best-performing Currency In March; Soars To 83 To The Dollar by oz4real83(m): 10:05pm On Mar 29, 2022
A good central bank governor and his team always know what to do when faced with issues like this. Kudos to the Russian Central bank governor even though I dont support the war. Nigerian CB governor would have collapsed the economy more if same thing had happened in Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Ruble Becomes Best-performing Currency In March; Soars To 83 To The Dollar by Kingnelson9: 10:09pm On Mar 29, 2022
Wow this is a goodnews
Back to Russia.

1 Like

Re: Ruble Becomes Best-performing Currency In March; Soars To 83 To The Dollar by SlurUsername1: 10:10pm On Mar 29, 2022
Putin na strong man and I doff my hat for am.
Imagine the whole world against you and you still dey soar.
Everybody just dey ginger, throw sanctions up and down but my guy still dey gidigba. America sef no gree play enta Russia trap because them know say Dem o collect 2 seconds.
Long live Putin
Long live Russia

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruble Becomes Best-performing Currency In March; Soars To 83 To The Dollar by sehin79(m): 10:16pm On Mar 29, 2022
Omo the Americans simply forgot that the Russian is a fellow world power….and if they decide to run with not relying on the dollars then other countries will align with them..and that spells doom for the us dollar

10 Likes

Re: Ruble Becomes Best-performing Currency In March; Soars To 83 To The Dollar by DannyFX2638: 10:17pm On Mar 29, 2022
Yamiriflathead:
Putin na strong man and I doff my hat for am.
Imagine the whole world against you and you still dey soar.
Everybody just dey ginger, throw sanctions up and down but my guy still dey gidigba. America sef no gree play enta Russia trap because them know say Dem o collect 2 seconds.
Long live Putin
Long live Russia
how the whole FTA members and FESHIZZY day against you abi grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ruble Becomes Best-performing Currency In March; Soars To 83 To The Dollar by criuze(m): 10:29pm On Mar 29, 2022
I'll appreciate Russian brand of capitalism

American dollar domination is syphoning African economies

If Russia hadn't pursued communism they would have been headlong match with the west

4 Likes

Re: Ruble Becomes Best-performing Currency In March; Soars To 83 To The Dollar by Truvelisback(m): 10:30pm On Mar 29, 2022
sehin79:
Omo the Americans simply forgot that the Russian is a fellow world power….and if they decide to run with not relying on the dollars then other countries will align with them..and that spells doom for the us dollar

1 Like

Re: Ruble Becomes Best-performing Currency In March; Soars To 83 To The Dollar by adefitim(m): 10:30pm On Mar 29, 2022
Na man you be Mr Putin
Re: Ruble Becomes Best-performing Currency In March; Soars To 83 To The Dollar by SlurUsername1: 10:39pm On Mar 29, 2022
DannyFX2638:
how the whole FTA members and FESHIZZY day against you abi grin grin

Lol.. na today? Una too like suffer for that thread ahbeg, I dey try one show peeps the way but awon boiz jux dey mezebu. Suffer nor dey tire FTA members? Ebabo!!!
Fx clean me sotey I white pass pesin wey Dem use jik baff. Dem say wetin pile sitdon for ground see, small pikin wey climb tree fit no see am

As for feshizzy I just use the guy do example make e mind for dey, but na still my loyal smallie. I just send am money make e take sub this month so that e fit bomb well.
Re: Ruble Becomes Best-performing Currency In March; Soars To 83 To The Dollar by Wangzhang: 10:44pm On Mar 29, 2022
US and hypocrisy, about 10 oil Tankers from are now docking at the US ports and offloading... What it live on Aljazeera...

1 Like

Re: Ruble Becomes Best-performing Currency In March; Soars To 83 To The Dollar by Nyne: 11:15pm On Mar 29, 2022
Putin putting them in their places
Re: Ruble Becomes Best-performing Currency In March; Soars To 83 To The Dollar by leofab(f): 12:39am On Mar 30, 2022
Putin using their last reserve to stabilized the rubbled ruble..

1 Like

Re: Ruble Becomes Best-performing Currency In March; Soars To 83 To The Dollar by seunny4lif(m): 1:57am On Mar 30, 2022
1 more day
Petrol-Ruble
Something the USA have worked for over 50 years to revert from happening, Uncle Biden made it happen in just 3 weeks.

Many leaders have been killed by USA and allies whenever they want to move away from Dollar.

China want the deal with Saudi oil on Chinese money.
Hungary is already preparing to buy Ruble for Russia oil because according to them solidarity will not heat their citizen homes.

1 Like

Re: Ruble Becomes Best-performing Currency In March; Soars To 83 To The Dollar by 9gerian: 7:46am On Mar 30, 2022
Russia appears to enjoy a lot of good will on the world stage that the west may have underestimated.

This might prove a colossal gamble of immense implications, and may be fatal for the petrodollars in the medium to long term run.

We are seeing a realignment on the world stage. Cold War 2.0 it appears.

sehin79:

1 Like

Re: Ruble Becomes Best-performing Currency In March; Soars To 83 To The Dollar by joyandfaith: 9:06am On Mar 30, 2022
If you don't import much due to sanctions and you are able to export some commodities, forex would improve. If Nigeria stops importing and exporting more, Naira would have more value.

1 Like

Re: Ruble Becomes Best-performing Currency In March; Soars To 83 To The Dollar by seunny4lif(m): 9:19am On Mar 30, 2022
joyandfaith:
If you don't import much due to sanctions and you are able to export some commodities, foreign would improve. If Nigeria stops importing and exporting more, Naira would have more value.
Russia said starting with oil and gas meaning everything will be in Ruble next.

We need good leaders in Africa

1 Like

Re: Ruble Becomes Best-performing Currency In March; Soars To 83 To The Dollar by Appleyard(m): 10:50am On Mar 30, 2022
You will never see this news on the headlines of BBC, CNN, SKY News and Fox News.

1 Like

Re: Ruble Becomes Best-performing Currency In March; Soars To 83 To The Dollar by Alexpre11: 11:02am On Mar 30, 2022
Come and Lecture Nigeria on how to do it

(1) (Reply)

Will BRICS Become BRINC Then BRICA ? / After Leaving Fox News, Tucker Drops BOMB About Who Controls Members Of Congress / Joe Biden Teaches Hadith Of Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.