Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,525 members, 7,954,989 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:42 PM

World Cup Qualifying: Cameroon Join Senegal, Ghana, Morocco & Tunisia To Qatar - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup Qualifying: Cameroon Join Senegal, Ghana, Morocco & Tunisia To Qatar (16221 Views)

World Cup: Ivana Knoll Slammed For Wearing Sexy Outfit To Qatar. She Reacts / Nigeria Vs CAR: Rohr Invites 23 Players For World Cup Qualifying Double-Header / Germany Lose A World Cup Qualifying Match At Home For The First Time In 20yrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Cup Qualifying: Cameroon Join Senegal, Ghana, Morocco & Tunisia To Qatar by robosky02(m): 11:46pm On Mar 29, 2022
World Cup qualifying:

1. Cameroon j
2. Senegal,
3. Ghana
4. Morocco &
5. Tunisia at Qatar 2022

It was a breathless few hours with five ties reaching their climax.

From Sadio Mane's decisive penalty to Karl Toko Ekambi's late winner for Cameroon, the second legs of the play-offs did not disappoint.

However, Egypt and Nigeria will be among the continental heavyweights to be missing out on a spot in Qatar.

Next up is Friday's croup-stage draw, where we will find out who the African sides will be facing come November.

There will be coverage of that across the BBC - thanks for joining us for all the drama!

Africa's World Cup qualifiers decided
#bbcfootball

That result means Africa's five qualifiers for the 2022 World Cup have been decided.

Cameroon join Ghana, Senegal, Morocco and Tunisia in heading to Qatar later this year.

Can either of the quintet match Africa's best performance and reach the quarter-finals in the Middle East? Or go further?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/africa/60918387

2 Likes

Re: World Cup Qualifying: Cameroon Join Senegal, Ghana, Morocco & Tunisia To Qatar by obi4eze(m): 11:48pm On Mar 29, 2022
angry

Nigeria is no longer a heavyweight. They used to be but with the rubbish they're playing they deserved to lose to Ghana.

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: World Cup Qualifying: Cameroon Join Senegal, Ghana, Morocco & Tunisia To Qatar by Nobody: 11:49pm On Mar 29, 2022
I wish them a favorable draw.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Cup Qualifying: Cameroon Join Senegal, Ghana, Morocco & Tunisia To Qatar by PlayMaker14: 11:50pm On Mar 29, 2022
Many thanks to Baba lifeless for watching the match live.

7 Likes

Re: World Cup Qualifying: Cameroon Join Senegal, Ghana, Morocco & Tunisia To Qatar by robosky02(m): 11:52pm On Mar 29, 2022
Good Luck to Nigeria next time

Hmmmmm

4 Likes

Re: World Cup Qualifying: Cameroon Join Senegal, Ghana, Morocco & Tunisia To Qatar by WibusJaga: 11:52pm On Mar 29, 2022
cool

Congrats to the 5 qualifiers. Cameroon clinched their ticket at the death.
Better luck to Nigeria next time.

Overall, Our players did their best & there was not much difference in quality between us & Ghana. We didn't lose. Both matches ended in a draw.
But we really need a quality goalkeeper.

Again, most of our players are just average but are overrated thereby putting so much expectations on them to just come & beat Ghana. In reality there is not much difference in quality among the top 10 African soccer countries. Any of them can beat the other on a good day.
Only Morocco against DRC had it easy in the playoffs. & DRC is not among the top 10. Ivory Coast would have been a tougher opposition.

61 Likes

Re: World Cup Qualifying: Cameroon Join Senegal, Ghana, Morocco & Tunisia To Qatar by robosky02(m): 11:54pm On Mar 29, 2022
By the way I think the format in Africa should be changed we. Don't need play off

Just top your group and qualify is better

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Cup Qualifying: Cameroon Join Senegal, Ghana, Morocco & Tunisia To Qatar by WibusJaga: 12:02am On Mar 30, 2022
robosky02:
By the way I think the format in Africa should be changed we. Don't need play off

Just top your group and qualify is better

Would have agreed with you if VAR was used in the group matches.
I think Playoff (with VAR) was adopted to vet & confirm the group winners. Since VAR was not used in the group matches, there was a possibility that a group winner emerged through wayo means. cool

Again playoffs added to the excitement much like a cup final.

5 Likes

Re: World Cup Qualifying: Cameroon Join Senegal, Ghana, Morocco & Tunisia To Qatar by WibusJaga: 12:04am On Mar 30, 2022
cool
Re: World Cup Qualifying: Cameroon Join Senegal, Ghana, Morocco & Tunisia To Qatar by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:07am On Mar 30, 2022
robosky02:
Good Luck to Nigeria next time
Hmmmmm

by then it will be 9 African teams selected, so hopefully they will easily qualify then, lol!
Re: World Cup Qualifying: Cameroon Join Senegal, Ghana, Morocco & Tunisia To Qatar by chatinent: 12:17am On Mar 30, 2022
Nigeria is a failed whatever it is.

3 Likes

Re: World Cup Qualifying: Cameroon Join Senegal, Ghana, Morocco & Tunisia To Qatar by grandlexuz(m): 12:18am On Mar 30, 2022
Cameroon had a deserving victory. Scoring at the last minute in a breath taking move that sent the entire nation into hysteria....

21 Likes

Re: World Cup Qualifying: Cameroon Join Senegal, Ghana, Morocco & Tunisia To Qatar by qekng40(f): 1:05am On Mar 30, 2022
This are the countries that deserves to be there.

Nothing is working in Nigeria at the moment

Let's wait till the dullard packs! grin

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Cup Qualifying: Cameroon Join Senegal, Ghana, Morocco & Tunisia To Qatar by tit(f): 1:05am On Mar 30, 2022
Remove Ghana from there

1 Like

Re: World Cup Qualifying: Cameroon Join Senegal, Ghana, Morocco & Tunisia To Qatar by qekng40(f): 1:07am On Mar 30, 2022
tit:
Remove Ghana from there
why grin

5 Likes

Re: World Cup Qualifying: Cameroon Join Senegal, Ghana, Morocco & Tunisia To Qatar by 1Alex: 1:08am On Mar 30, 2022
Ok.

Make dem bye bye

1 Like

Re: World Cup Qualifying: Cameroon Join Senegal, Ghana, Morocco & Tunisia To Qatar by Ekpekus(m): 1:09am On Mar 30, 2022
grin
That Algeria and Cameroon game is the definition of "it is not over until it is over"
What a heart wrenching heart break for Algeria at home. If Nigeria had lost this way, after winning the away leg, what happened in Abuja would have been child's play.

Football ain't scripted.

28 Likes

Re: World Cup Qualifying: Cameroon Join Senegal, Ghana, Morocco & Tunisia To Qatar by temmypotter(m): 1:11am On Mar 30, 2022
super Eagles missing out on the World Cup might be actually be a good thing.. let’s focus on rooting out the rotten elements in our leadership! Enough is enough

In a country with bad leaders.. nothing ever works!

33 Likes

Re: World Cup Qualifying: Cameroon Join Senegal, Ghana, Morocco & Tunisia To Qatar by Kennytopp55(m): 1:12am On Mar 30, 2022
Eguavon caused us this.. stupid coach

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Cup Qualifying: Cameroon Join Senegal, Ghana, Morocco & Tunisia To Qatar by Lama70(m): 1:12am On Mar 30, 2022
We don't deserve it as a nation. A nation that uses our collective wealth to protect a select few and their families;while leaving the larger populace at the mercy of bandits, terrorists, unemployment, hunger and lecturers' strike should be ashamed of joining others at the world stage!
Shame�

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Cup Qualifying: Cameroon Join Senegal, Ghana, Morocco & Tunisia To Qatar by WoundedLamb: 1:13am On Mar 30, 2022
Africa's best. I wish them luck.

Lama70:
We don't deserve it as a nation. A nation that uses our collective wealth to protect a select few and their families;while leaving the larger populace at the mercy of bandits, terrorists, unemployment, hunger and lecturers' strike should be ashamed of joining others at the world stage!
Shame�

It's a game. Sometimes, you lose; sometimes you, win. These other nations that qualified suffer the same fate as yours, bro. They made it cause their teams played well and hopefully, Nigeria will make it next time. Wallowing in self hatred will not get us anywhere. Let's just support them while working hard to fix our country, okay?

8 Likes

Re: World Cup Qualifying: Cameroon Join Senegal, Ghana, Morocco & Tunisia To Qatar by Freemanalee(m): 1:15am On Mar 30, 2022
oh my world!!!!
i am almost in tears right now....Cameroon fought like warriors and soldiers tonight. Algeria thought they have qualified and started wasting time just like Ghana did but the Cameroonians refused to be deterred and within seconds grabbed the bull by the horns. Best Match of the CAF qualifiers. Onana the Cameroonian keeper was superb and kept Cameroon in the game.. MOTM for me.. God bless Cameroon. thats why they are the most successful African country in the World cup

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Cup Qualifying: Cameroon Join Senegal, Ghana, Morocco & Tunisia To Qatar by SmartyPants(m): 1:18am On Mar 30, 2022
Na only West and North Africa dey play.ball for this continent?

Abi other regions dier body dey forbid world cup?

2 Likes

Re: World Cup Qualifying: Cameroon Join Senegal, Ghana, Morocco & Tunisia To Qatar by CoronaVirusPro: 1:20am On Mar 30, 2022
Which hotel are the Super Eagles lodging tonight?
Re: World Cup Qualifying: Cameroon Join Senegal, Ghana, Morocco & Tunisia To Qatar by Mindlog: 1:20am On Mar 30, 2022
Cameroon really fought to the finish!

2 Likes

Re: World Cup Qualifying: Cameroon Join Senegal, Ghana, Morocco & Tunisia To Qatar by spydera: 1:22am On Mar 30, 2022
Adhoc Senegalese fan
Re: World Cup Qualifying: Cameroon Join Senegal, Ghana, Morocco & Tunisia To Qatar by jagorinho: 1:24am On Mar 30, 2022
grandlexuz:
Cameroon had a deserving victory. Scoring at the last minute in a breath taking move that sent the entire nation into hysteria....
Cameroon deserves all the praises, they were practically out with 2 minutes to go after leading for 118 minutes, they threw everything into it and got the goal, sometimes talent alone is not enough, Cameroon don't really have enough talent like that but they have the zeal and sense of urgency which our boys lacked.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: World Cup Qualifying: Cameroon Join Senegal, Ghana, Morocco & Tunisia To Qatar by MyAmericandream(f): 1:24am On Mar 30, 2022
I'm so confident these teams will make me proud in qatar.

2 Likes

Re: World Cup Qualifying: Cameroon Join Senegal, Ghana, Morocco & Tunisia To Qatar by optimusprime2(m): 1:25am On Mar 30, 2022
Maduka Okoye right now; grin
Re: World Cup Qualifying: Cameroon Join Senegal, Ghana, Morocco & Tunisia To Qatar by grandlexuz(m): 1:28am On Mar 30, 2022
Ekpekus:
grin
That Algeria and Cameroon game is the definition of "it is not over until it is over"
What a heart wrenching heart break for Lageria at home. If Nigeria had lost this way, after winning the away leg, what happened in Abuja would have been child's play.

Football ain't scripted.

Like most people suffering from chronic anxiety I couldn't watch live pictures of the game prefering to google the score line periodically as the match unfolded.. Lol I live in a quiet environment at such the first goal at the 22nd minute wasn't evident. (Normally jubilant cries from neighbours should indicate a goal). To my relieve googling at the 37th minute indicated we were a goal ahead and heads on aggregate.

Uneasily I kept googling, hoping for a second goal that should automatically carry us to Qatar. When I checked at the 116th minute it was obvious we were headed for a tie and consequently penalty shootouts. To my greatest shock googling at the 120+2 indicated the Algerians had scored at the 118th minute. Imagine my disappointment..

That was it for the night as I tried to distance my thoughts away from football and a Qatar absence. Naturally I would have retired to bed but prefered to distract a little with my phone. Five minutes later I noticed jubilant memes on the status of most of my contacts. This should be a night of mourning I sighed, so why is everyone celebrating. Then I inquired from a contact and got the shock of the evening. Cameroon had scored at the the 124th minute. I couldn't believe. A true replay of the third placed AFCON match with Burikina Faso. Only this time the joy was overwhelming...One of those nights where I can gladly express my pride as a Cameroonian ..Allez les Lions...

21 Likes

Re: World Cup Qualifying: Cameroon Join Senegal, Ghana, Morocco & Tunisia To Qatar by Poiu11: 1:32am On Mar 30, 2022
it is sad that nigeria is not going

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arsenal Complete Signing of Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria / Nigeria Defeats Australia 75 - 62 In Women's Olympic Basketball / NFF Deny Keshi Resignation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.