Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

My Brother Is Threatening To Kill My Mother - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother Is Threatening To Kill My Mother (2409 Views)

My Ex Wife Wants To Kill My Pregnant Girlfriend / Why I Wanted To Kill My Husband – Mrs. Dede (Graphic Photo) / My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Brother Is Threatening To Kill My Mother by PhoebeLeigh95: 4:13am On Mar 30, 2022
I have a 29 year old brother who is the only son of my parents. He graduated years ago but he has refused to do any job to support himself. My father has washed his hands off him but my mother still carries all his responsibilities on her head. He goes to her for every naira he needs and if she refuses, he will insult and call her all sorts of names. My sister and I have advised her to stop bankrolling him because he never appreciates anything she does for him but she won’t listen.
My worries now is that he has threatened to kill her because she could not give him money when he requested for it.
My family dynamics is just stressing me out.

4 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Threatening To Kill My Mother by OmejeGuy: 4:18am On Mar 30, 2022
PhoebeLeigh95:
I have a 29 year old brother who is the only son of my parents. He graduated years ago but he has refused to do any job to support himself. My father has washed his hands off him but my mother still carries all his responsibilities on her head. He goes to her for every naira he needs and if she refuses, he will insult and call her all sorts of names. My sister and I have advised her to stop bankrolling him because he never appreciates anything she does for him but she won’t listen.
My worries now is that he has threatened to kill her because she could not give him money when he requested for it.

I don't think he came out with good grades. Finding a job with 3rd class or pass is almost impossible. Can you guys open a business for him or something? Does he has a gf? Can she help him psychologically?
Re: My Brother Is Threatening To Kill My Mother by PhoebeLeigh95: 4:24am On Mar 30, 2022
My parents are not so well to do to open a multimillion business for him. They discussed opening a business they could afford for him last year but he refused. He said they should give him the money to rent his own accommodation and he will get a job from there. He pressurised them until they agreed. He didn’t get a job, he isn’t even staying in the house they rented for him, he is back to our house and causing troubles everyday.
Re: My Brother Is Threatening To Kill My Mother by Kingozymandias(m): 4:26am On Mar 30, 2022
[s]
OmejeGuy:

I don't think he came out with good grades. Finding a job with 3rd class or pass is almost impossible. Can you guys open a business for him or something? Does he has a gf? Can she help him psychologically?
[/s]

I earn over half a million a month I graduated with a third class... Lowest job I have gotten since graduation is 150k a month .....

It all depends on his drive and focus.... Stop talking about things you aren't sure...

@the OP go and lay a complaint at the police station... Let them Invite him and he will sign an undertaking not to come near your mum again

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Brother Is Threatening To Kill My Mother by phorget(m): 4:29am On Mar 30, 2022
PhoebeLeigh95:
My parents are not so well to do to open a multimillion business for him. They discussed opening a business they could afford for him last year but he refused. He said they should give him the money to rent his own accommodation and he will get a job from there. He pressurised them until they agreed. He didn’t get a job, he isn’t even staying in the house they rented for him, he is back to our house and causing troubles everyday.

Arrange boys for am make dem help panelbeat him brain.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Threatening To Kill My Mother by Mindlog: 4:34am On Mar 30, 2022
OmejeGuy:

A girlfriend is not a therapist and he has to get himself put together before thinking of any intimate relationship!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brother Is Threatening To Kill My Mother by Boogyman557: 4:37am On Mar 30, 2022
Holly Gram cool I 4 ADVISE u to arrange better KALA and BLAST BLAST em left leg but I No want make u WOTOWOTO d place wit TOMATO WATER!

WAITING u go do NOW..

BUY better STRONG WEED!

USE the WEED take COOK better JOLLOF RICE, Make SURE sey d WEED done WELL WELL..

Make SURE sey Una don arrange d RUBBERZ (money) wey em de ask 4, So dat em MIND go CALM down wen em de CHOW (eat) the Rice..

If em Chow d Rice finish...

I SWEAR DOWN

Em go HUMBLE, na SO So smile Em go de smile..

Em go de REASON on how to make RUBBERZ (money)

Em go de behave MATURE!

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Threatening To Kill My Mother by Mindlog: 4:37am On Mar 30, 2022
Your mum has been enabling his irresponsible lifestyle, nurturing a monster....I advise a formal complaint be lodged at the police station for threatening to kill your mother, those are not mere words....he would do it when he gets to that threshold.

I know your mum would not report it, so it is left for other members of the family to do it.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Brother Is Threatening To Kill My Mother by Richy4(m): 4:55am On Mar 30, 2022
Kingozymandias:
[s][/s]

I earn over half a million a month I graduated with a third class... Lowest job I have gotten since graduation is 150k a month .....

It all depends on his drive and focus.... Stop talking about things you aren't sure...

@the OP go and lay a complaint at the police station... Let them Invite him and he will sign an undertaking not to come near your mum again

Sorry to jump in but I really need to ask you some questions.....What did you study in the university in Nigeria that gave you half a million a month with 3rd class?.... or have Nigeria changed what it used to be?

Just asking because we have read about so many First class graduates on this forum who couldn't make head way even with their grade and I think no one will be more focused as they are.... or don't u think so?...I want to talk about Nigerian reality/ practicality that I used to know and not motivational speeches of drive and focus ...

At least, those days when I graduated long time ago, I have seen so many job advertisement excluding those with 3rd class... In fact majority of the advert does that those days... they specifically pinpoints the grade that they wanted... so where and how will they ( 3rd class) be focused when they were excluded and prevented to prove themselves...

9 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Threatening To Kill My Mother by Kobojunkie: 5:05am On Mar 30, 2022
PhoebeLeigh95:
My sister and I have advised her to stop bankrolling him because he never appreciates anything she does for him but she won’t listen.
A grown man threatened your mother's life, and you refused to get the police involved at this point, why? undecided

Are you all waiting around for him to carry out his threat before you know he no longer has any right to be in that same house as your mother? undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is Threatening To Kill My Mother by osato45: 5:08am On Mar 30, 2022
PhoebeLeigh95:
find out if you brother does abuse drugs like codine and the likes, does he do betting too, these are things that would never make him work, especially the drug abuse

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Threatening To Kill My Mother by Kobojunkie: 5:11am On Mar 30, 2022
PhoebeLeigh95:
He said they should give him the money to rent his own accommodation and he will get a job from there. He pressurised them until they agreed. He didn’t get a job, he isn’t even staying in the house they rented for him, he is back to our house and causing troubles everyday.
Get the police on him to get him out of the house and maybe that will force him to go back to the rented apartment and back to Job hunting. undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Threatening To Kill My Mother by Kingozymandias(m): 5:14am On Mar 30, 2022
[s]
Richy4:

Sorry to jump in but I really need to ask you some questions.....What did you study in the university in Nigeria that gave you half a million a month with 3rd class?.... or have Nigeria changed what it used to be?

Just asking because we have read about so many First class graduates on this forum who couldn't make head way even with their grade and I think no one will be more focused as they are.... or don't u think so?...I want to talk about Nigerian reality/ practicality that I used to know and not motivational speeches of drive and focus ...

At least, those days when I graduated long time ago, I have seen so many job advertisement excluding those with 3rd class... In fact majority of the advert does that those days... they specifically pinpoints the grade that they wanted... so where and how will they ( 3rd class) be focused when they were excluded and prevented to prove themselves...

[/s]
.I studied a stupid course ... Graduated with a third class worked in insurance earning a commission bumped into a.lady who liked my dirve she recommended me for a contract work in an oil firm I was sent for training joined the firm from there the rest is history ..

If your life didn't turn out well don't assume it's same for everyone... Infact just last week I turned down an offer for 850 with a firm in Lagos cause I didn't like the vibe during the virtual interview....
These ain't fairy tales kid I graduated with a third class I have over 10 years work experience so far currently earn over 500 I don't have a master's or an MBA still my third class kiddo...
Grow up

11 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Threatening To Kill My Mother by michlins(m): 5:47am On Mar 30, 2022
This is the results of bad parenting done years ago. The effects are what you're looking at.

"Nwa m anwula,nwa m anwula" brought him here.

The needed discipline that would have made him function properly as a human weren't done probably because he was the first son

5 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Threatening To Kill My Mother by frozen70(f): 6:23am On Mar 30, 2022
PhoebeLeigh95:

It's your father's duty to report him to the nearest police station that he is threatening his wife

Police will arrest him, charge him to court for threat to life

By the time he feeds mosquitoes with the blood in him, he will never have enough to pull trigger on the family

That report alone is enough to humble him

If they don't charge him to court, police will compel him to write a peace aggressive letter which will be documented at the police station

After this, he will leave the house, yes let him leave, at that age he is supposed to be on his own and not causing depression to the family

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is Threatening To Kill My Mother by yomi007k(m): 6:27am On Mar 30, 2022
Kingozymandias:
[s][/s]

Baba you have wisdom. No be by grades.
Re: My Brother Is Threatening To Kill My Mother by VTJN(m): 6:59am On Mar 30, 2022
Kingozymandias:
[s][/s]
.I studied a stupid course ... Graduated with a third class worked in insurance earning a commission bumped into a.lady who liked my dirve she recommended me for a contract work in an oil firm I was sent for training joined the firm from there the rest is history ..

If your life didn't turn out well don't assume it's same for everyone... Infact just last week I turned down an offer for 850 with a firm in Lagos cause I didn't like the vibe during the virtual interview....
These ain't fairy tales kid I graduated with a third class I have over 10 years work experience so far currently earn over 500 I don't have a master's or an MBA still my third class kiddo...
Grow up

I'm so sorry to abruptly come to your mention without a notice. Please sir if you don't mind, can you help me with a job? I studied Geography and Regional planning with a strong 2.1. Had little experience in quality control. Thanks in anticipation

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Threatening To Kill My Mother by kingthreat(m): 7:25am On Mar 30, 2022
PhoebeLeigh95:

Your brother is obviously into drugs and probably a cultist.
That is how they behave. Your mum despite the difficulty should stop helping him. I mean stop communicating with him until he is willing to change. The whole family should abandon him. You all should live your lives. Any threat to life should involve the police.
Right now he is not your brother. A good brother of yours will never threaten his mother.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Threatening To Kill My Mother by OnyeObodo: 8:16am On Mar 30, 2022
Kingozymandias:
[s][/s]

OP, Follow this advise.
Re: My Brother Is Threatening To Kill My Mother by Richy4(m): 9:33am On Mar 30, 2022
Kingozymandias:
[s][/s]

Grow up

My Dearest Ancestor, I only asked you harmless questions, on how you earned the amount that you claimed after graduation with third class considering how Nigerian employers excludes those with such grade, and you flared up...You were doing so well in terms of telling me on how you went about that until the second paragraph where you showed that indeed you got third class. embarassed

You jumped into conclusion that I was not successful and that I was a kid shocked...How did we get to that point?...Again, how do you put your communication skills, analytical skills and problem solving skills into good use in your so called place of work?... Is it by jumping to conclusion without reading to really understand what your colleagues were saying, getting angry and bragging about frivolities?... you don't even know me and we have never met anywhere before.. haba Oga!!!!

Dear Ancient of days, as old as you are, you should have known by now that successful individuals whose heart are contented will most likely never act the way you did just to prove a point...That's because u owe no one an explanation.... deep down, u know your worth and what u have achieved...especially not on a faceless forum like this where no one cares if u were rich or poor...

I was expecting a decent conversation with an adult who claimed to have made it with third class to throw some wisdom, so that some readers who might have been in such situation will learn first hand on how they can go about their situations in a similar manner ...But hmmmm!!!! I guess oga got some more growing up to do than I should...

Look....If you are living in your own bobbles, fantasizing on a lucrative job in an oil company and lying online just to be relevant, please stop it.. it's not the best way ... We have seen lots of "successful" individuals online but in reality embarassed.....
I will not derail OP's topic more than I have done already...Cheers...and have a fantastic day...

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Brother Is Threatening To Kill My Mother by Kingozymandias(m): 9:41am On Mar 30, 2022
[s]
Richy4:

My Dearest Ancestor, I only asked you harmless questions, on how you earned the amount that you claimed after graduation with third class considering how Nigerian employers excludes those with such grade, and you flared up...You were doing so well in terms of telling me on how you went about that until the second paragraph where you showed that indeed you got third class. embarassed

You jumped into conclusion that I was not successful and that I was a kid shocked...How did we get to that point?...Again, how do you put your communication skills, analytical skills and problem solving skills into good use in your so called place of work?... Is it by jumping to conclusion without reading to really understand what your colleagues were saying, getting angry and bragging about frivolities?... you don't even know me and we have never met anywhere before.. haba Oga!!!!

Dear Ancient of days, as old as you are, you should have known by now that successful individuals whose heart are contented will most likely never act the way you did just to prove a point...That's because u owe no one an explanation.... deep down, u know your worth and what u have achieved...especially not on a faceless forum like this where no one cares if u were rich or poor...

I was expecting a decent conversation with an adult who claimed to have made it with third class to throw some wisdom, so that some readers who might have been in such situation will learn first hand on how they can go about their situations in a similar manner ...But hmmmm!!!! I guess oga got some more growing up to do than I should...

Look....If you are living in your own bobbles, fantasizing on a lucrative job in an oil company and lying online just to be relevant, please stop it.. it's not the best way ... We have seen lots of "successful" individuals online but in reality embarassed.....
I will not derail OP's topic more than I have done already...Cheers...and have a fantastic day...
[/s]

I didn't read this .

Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is Threatening To Kill My Mother by Octobertwentysix(f): 9:52am On Mar 30, 2022
Richy4:

.so you really believe him, this is a faceless forum, so many lies just to make a point.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Threatening To Kill My Mother by Richy4(m): 10:13am On Mar 30, 2022
Octobertwentysix:

.so you really believe him, this is a faceless forum, so many lies just to make a point.

It was a big mistake indeed Honestly....I was only doing what I was taught ... giving people benefit of the doubt smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is Threatening To Kill My Mother by Nobody: 10:27am On Mar 30, 2022
Kingozymandias:
[s][/s]

Grow up

Lies
All lies

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Threatening To Kill My Mother by Kingozymandias(m): 10:42am On Mar 30, 2022
[s]
Kellzzyy:

Lies
All lies

[/s]

Let it pain you, let it hurt you, let the envy consume you grin

I love it grin

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Threatening To Kill My Mother by Nobody: 12:34pm On Mar 30, 2022
Richy4:

Even with his uncouth & insulting statement, you calmly explained your points without bringing yourself down to his level...
You're indeed worthy of respect undecided...
((Thumbs up))

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brother Is Threatening To Kill My Mother by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 30, 2022
You will need to rent my service, let me give him some panel beating. A 29 yrs old, still a forking liability with no intention to better his life? Too bad. angry

Where is your location??
Re: My Brother Is Threatening To Kill My Mother by Ishilove: 3:25pm On Mar 30, 2022
Richy4:

[color=#006600]My Dearest Ancestor, I only asked you harmless questions, on how you earned the amount that you claimed after graduation with third class considering how Nigerian employers excludes those with such grade, and you flared up...You were doing so well in terms of telling me on how you went about that until the second paragraph where you showed that indeed you got third class. embarassed

I spewed water through my nostrils. LWKMD

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Threatening To Kill My Mother by bigcee(m): 3:49pm On Mar 30, 2022
Kingozymandias:
[s][/s]

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Threatening To Kill My Mother by ImaIma1(f): 5:13pm On Mar 30, 2022
PhoebeLeigh95:
I have a 29 year old brother who is the only son of my parents. He graduated years ago but he has refused to do any job to support himself. My father has washed his hands off him but [b]my mother still carries all his responsibilities on her head. He goes to her for every naira he needs and if she refuses, he will insult and call her all sorts of names. [/b]My sister and I have advised her to stop bankrolling him because he never appreciates anything she does for him but she won’t listen.

Therein lies the problem...your mother. Your brother was probably pampered as the only son. We see that happen a lot where the boy hets everything handed to him till he becomes useless to himself.

If she can also "wash her hands off him", it might be better for him.
Re: My Brother Is Threatening To Kill My Mother by Saintmary(f): 9:00pm On Mar 30, 2022
Richy4:

If you can't pray. Oyo is your case in this country no matter your grade.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Ex Asked To See Our Children And I Refused Please Help / Koboko For 26 Years Old: Are You Ever To Old To Get Disciplined? / Are Female Children More Intelligent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.