Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,522 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

World Bank Says Number Of Poor Nigerians Will Rise To 95.1 Million In 2022 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Bank Says Number Of Poor Nigerians Will Rise To 95.1 Million In 2022 (13545 Views)

Osun Rec Speaks On BVAS, Says Number Of Accredited Voters Must Tally With Number / COVID-19: Ahmad Lawan Urges Buhari To Provide Relief For Poor Nigerians / Shehu Sani: Recovered Abacha Loot Should Not Be Shared To Poor Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Bank Says Number Of Poor Nigerians Will Rise To 95.1 Million In 2022 by Tetrahedron: 5:52am On Mar 30, 2022
End this contraption now before it ends everybody

2 Likes

Re: World Bank Says Number Of Poor Nigerians Will Rise To 95.1 Million In 2022 by winterfell007(m): 5:55am On Mar 30, 2022
I swear Nigeria’s situation is terrible and complex. And Buhari has truly certified himself to be the most idiotic president that ever liveth

5 Likes

Re: World Bank Says Number Of Poor Nigerians Will Rise To 95.1 Million In 2022 by eedimo(m): 5:56am On Mar 30, 2022
... Capitalism is the way.
Re: World Bank Says Number Of Poor Nigerians Will Rise To 95.1 Million In 2022 by AFONJAPIG(m): 5:57am On Mar 30, 2022
All Hail Buari

BUHARI will handle security
Osibande will handle Economy is where we are today

2 Likes

Re: World Bank Says Number Of Poor Nigerians Will Rise To 95.1 Million In 2022 by yemmit90: 6:00am On Mar 30, 2022
The number of extremely poor people and those that are living from hands to mouth are way more than 140 millions. The middle class are practically almost non- existing.

These old men in power has probably lost touch with reality or the masses they are govern. An educated southerner should be giving a change to lead the nation after this unfortunate administration.
Re: World Bank Says Number Of Poor Nigerians Will Rise To 95.1 Million In 2022 by abouzaid: 6:03am On Mar 30, 2022
ednut1:
Yet Nigerians keep giving birth like pigs
My man, without social security for old people, don't expect birthrates to come down less than 2.5-3 children per woman even in the next 30 years, people's children are their old age security in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: World Bank Says Number Of Poor Nigerians Will Rise To 95.1 Million In 2022 by freesoul12: 6:03am On Mar 30, 2022
God has given me Tech skills.. So i no dey part of those poor percentage
Re: World Bank Says Number Of Poor Nigerians Will Rise To 95.1 Million In 2022 by yinkeys(m): 6:04am On Mar 30, 2022
This is a conservative figure.
Re: World Bank Says Number Of Poor Nigerians Will Rise To 95.1 Million In 2022 by Nahunger(m): 6:04am On Mar 30, 2022
shocked
Re: World Bank Says Number Of Poor Nigerians Will Rise To 95.1 Million In 2022 by Angelfrost(m): 6:06am On Mar 30, 2022
This report is trying to be subtle.... So funny!

Nigeria has already surpassed that! Poor people in this country already exceed that projected figure by far.

How many people can comfortably afford the basics like food, shelter and clothing now?!! Just less than a Quarter of the population.

This is a badly governed fast degenerating nation!!!
Re: World Bank Says Number Of Poor Nigerians Will Rise To 95.1 Million In 2022 by Brushstrokes20: 6:07am On Mar 30, 2022
# GROSS UNDERESTIMATION undecided

The lifeless vulture keeps breaking all evil records at will!.... The dumb herder is Nigeria's worst blunder!

Useless govt of self SERVING THIEVES AND BLOODTHIRSTY.
Re: World Bank Says Number Of Poor Nigerians Will Rise To 95.1 Million In 2022 by Zetty177x: 6:07am On Mar 30, 2022
190 million are poor now TBVH... living from hand to mouth... suffering and smiling

3 Likes

Re: World Bank Says Number Of Poor Nigerians Will Rise To 95.1 Million In 2022 by MansoryMX(m): 6:08am On Mar 30, 2022
gambia:
I'm sure they wanted to write 195m, Buhari is the worst thing that happened to Nigeria, the crime rate won't be funny.

From SaiBaba to KiaBaba! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: World Bank Says Number Of Poor Nigerians Will Rise To 95.1 Million In 2022 by Joseph08(m): 6:08am On Mar 30, 2022
Pastor Righteousness2 you need to pray for Nigeria as Aisha Buhari said previously. Because me I'm tired of praying o.

Bubu has finished Nigeria kpatakpata.

The crime rate is meant to increase only God will protect us.

1 Like

Re: World Bank Says Number Of Poor Nigerians Will Rise To 95.1 Million In 2022 by MansoryMX(m): 6:08am On Mar 30, 2022
freesoul12:
God has given me Tech skills.. So i no dey part of those poor percentage

2 Likes

Re: World Bank Says Number Of Poor Nigerians Will Rise To 95.1 Million In 2022 by Lastmankc(m): 6:11am On Mar 30, 2022
The senile and dementia old hag in Aso rock is cursed.

1 Like

Re: World Bank Says Number Of Poor Nigerians Will Rise To 95.1 Million In 2022 by LOVEGINO(m): 6:12am On Mar 30, 2022
HenryThegreat1:
Buhari shall.
He had failed good three times Nigerians gave him chance. As military ruler, first term as a democratic president and second term almost coming to an end.
When you add everything together is close to 16 years of PDP, APC always talk about.
Buhari is incompetent and bad luck president.
point of correction. WORST LUCK PRESIDENT

1 Like

Re: World Bank Says Number Of Poor Nigerians Will Rise To 95.1 Million In 2022 by LOVEGINO(m): 6:13am On Mar 30, 2022
Kingozymandias:
This figure is far under stated... World Bank don't know what they are talking ... By now the figure should be closer to 190million
grin cheesy grin aswear
Re: World Bank Says Number Of Poor Nigerians Will Rise To 95.1 Million In 2022 by Brushstrokes20: 6:15am On Mar 30, 2022
The darling daddy of brainless buffoons is all shades disasters, redundance and fiasco! undecided
The doomed, lifeless scammer is Nigeria's WORST BLUNDER! undecided angry
For the shithole to make any iota of headway, the useless scum at aso must be Discarded ASAP undecided

... And ogun kee any brainless zombie that quotes me to spit trash, useless baaaastarrrds!

2 Likes

Re: World Bank Says Number Of Poor Nigerians Will Rise To 95.1 Million In 2022 by kingi777: 6:17am On Mar 30, 2022
Salary earners are the worst hit. When you get salary, it can't get any meaningful thing for you again. Eg Assistant lecturer earns N115,000 in 2009 when a motorcycle was the same N115,000. Now, the same assistant Lecturer level earns N115,000 but motorcycle is now N450,000. A Professor can hardly but a nice car because his salary after tax is not more than N400,000. But the children of politicians will start work at TETFUND with starting salary of N700,000.
Re: World Bank Says Number Of Poor Nigerians Will Rise To 95.1 Million In 2022 by Nobody: 6:18am On Mar 30, 2022
It is crystal clear this report is right. We do not need a prophet to tell us this Nigerians themselves are the problems of Nigeria. Everyone is a potential thief awaiting to cut his part from the national cake. Hmmm.

The gospel truth is that Nigeria cannot be better in this generation. Nigeria is going to get worse. It will get to the stage everything will be completely destroyed before a group of people will rise and terminate the lives of some of the leaders to show as examples. Then, Nigeria will start getting better.

Another possibility is that until Ibo leaves, the rest cannot move forward. And the north and south must separate too.

I do not see this happening soon. So, if you can find your way out of Nigeria, please do. Imagine 95.1m Nigerians will suffer soon. Didn't you read the number? 95.1million in a tiny nation. Na sex and food dem used curse Nigerians. A useless group of people who have no regard for female children. And the females sef when they become adults are useless. They are the ones even forcing their men to give them male children by force. Can you see that Nigeria is in soup? The same females that are told they are victims when they were kids are the same m.ad set of people forcing their men to give them male children by force. See eh. Nigeria's head never correct ooo. This whole nation will turn into India soon. People are just too many in Lagos and Portharcourt. That of Lagos is crazy. Too many people.

Hmmm. Nigeria cannot get better. If you love yourself move out when you can. This is a God-forsaken nation.

4 Likes

Re: World Bank Says Number Of Poor Nigerians Will Rise To 95.1 Million In 2022 by Rickylambert: 6:20am On Mar 30, 2022
Blackfire:
The world Bank should take there nonsense statistics to other poor countries,

Nigeria's GDp is rising, life is improving

We the youths are solidly behind our darling president

North 2023 North 2023

Anyways I sell cows
You sell cow or you are a cow instead?

4 Likes

Re: World Bank Says Number Of Poor Nigerians Will Rise To 95.1 Million In 2022 by Nackzy: 6:22am On Mar 30, 2022
Buhari supporters don't mind world bank they're wailing,

Please join us via my signature and make steady money
Re: World Bank Says Number Of Poor Nigerians Will Rise To 95.1 Million In 2022 by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:23am On Mar 30, 2022
Can this idiots actually define poverty.

Wealth is relative
So is poverty.

Nigeria might be a poor country as we don't actually have the money for vast basic infrastructure
Re: World Bank Says Number Of Poor Nigerians Will Rise To 95.1 Million In 2022 by 123papas(m): 6:25am On Mar 30, 2022
More than half of Nigerians are poor. Believe me
Re: World Bank Says Number Of Poor Nigerians Will Rise To 95.1 Million In 2022 by VPN11(m): 6:27am On Mar 30, 2022
-World Bank report.

ME:When will the APC pull 100 million Nigerians out of poverty like they promised? grin

Nigerians are very gullible and stupid.

I once told a pauper that if prayer was the key to prosperity, countries like Japan, China, etc would be xtremly poor. She called me a sinner.

The poor don't mind being brainwashed.I call if not all of them con men,,help they don't,they just use d pulpit to swindle,lie,hoodwink good people off of their hard earned bread.

Nigeria ranks 152 out of 157 countries on the World Bank’s Human Capital Index.

Ending abject poverty in Nigeria will entail improving the country’s economic productivity and opportunities for its citizens.

We also need to expand economic opportunities and embrace technology.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Bank Says Number Of Poor Nigerians Will Rise To 95.1 Million In 2022 by Nobody: 6:29am On Mar 30, 2022
Is this an achievement?
Re: World Bank Says Number Of Poor Nigerians Will Rise To 95.1 Million In 2022 by everythinggirly(f): 6:30am On Mar 30, 2022
There should be a solution to this problem at least.
Re: World Bank Says Number Of Poor Nigerians Will Rise To 95.1 Million In 2022 by dayabiuuku: 6:30am On Mar 30, 2022
Causes of poverty

Being idle
Doing nothing
Working alone, not saving
Doing common thing

Poverty is not a disease, it's a mindset. If you think poor, then you will make poor choices. But if you think rich, you will make rich decisions. rich people work with team, they make people work for them! They stay ontop like an eagle and watch!

As for government, government can never solve poverty! They can just set or build a system to reduce or alleviate it. They can put on place institutions and facilities to curb the menace of poverty. They did empowerment, who are they doing empowerment for? Clipper, hair dressing machine, Keke napep okada were shared for the public, will those items solve poverty?

Let's not deceive ourselves and be deceived, in Nigeria for instance, the Federal government has 100,000 plus civil servants on her payroll, and the population of the country is about 200 million, so where will they provide jobs for all the people?

Many will be doing businesses, own their own company, or be working in a private organisation.

Govt cannot employ everybody!

DONT CUT MY HEAD!

TYPE YOUR OWN!

#ItIsWell!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Bank Says Number Of Poor Nigerians Will Rise To 95.1 Million In 2022 by tradguide20(m): 6:31am On Mar 30, 2022
To learn about getting better financial knowledge and skills... kindly visit our website: https://trad-guide.com/
Free learning platform!
We can only become wealthy by how much we know... Stop thinking we can have a better governance that will enrich every citizen!
Re: World Bank Says Number Of Poor Nigerians Will Rise To 95.1 Million In 2022 by zinaunreal(m): 6:31am On Mar 30, 2022
Almost half the total population
Re: World Bank Says Number Of Poor Nigerians Will Rise To 95.1 Million In 2022 by Tannhauser(m): 6:32am On Mar 30, 2022
grin

Lies. The World Bank is a PDP wailer...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Will Be Met With Electoral Consequences – Onaiyekan / Sanwo-Olu And Hamzat Receive Certificates Of Return / President Buhari Launches Nigeria Agenda For 2050. Presides Over FEC Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.