Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,814 members, 7,956,076 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:30 AM

WC Qualifiers - Don't Mourn The Eagles Loss ! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / WC Qualifiers - Don't Mourn The Eagles Loss ! (184 Views)

2026 WC Qualifiers: Argentina Squad Arrived In Bolivia With Oxygen Canisters / Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' / Olga Diyachenko, Mikel Obi's Russian Wife Reacts To Super Eagles' Loss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

WC Qualifiers - Don't Mourn The Eagles Loss ! by Samunique(m): 8:43am On Mar 30, 2022
I was one of many Nigerians who was heartbroken yesterday after the eagles were unable to fly pass their Ghanian opponents.Then I quickly realised myself and begged God for forgiveness.

Why ?
I realized how low we've descended in this country and how heartless we have become that human life doesn't matter anymore in Nigeria, most especially under this current govt of President Buhari.

The evil that befell the this country in pass few days, the killing in southern Kaduna and the attack on the passengers aboard the Kaduna Train are enough to make any serious nation to write CAF for the postponement of that match if it's by one day. And even if that was not going to be possible, why not show a little bit of respect to the dead by putting on black hand band and a minute silence to the dead.

It's like killings have been normalized under Buhari's government that we no longer care. Should Eagles have gone ahead to win that match yesterday, many of would have been so happy and elated today, some of us might even throw party to celebrate our qualification while, some families are mourning the victims of terror attacks that are going unabated. The memory of those perished would have been swept away by the savour of the eagles victory.

Some are mourning their husbands, wives, children, breadwinners etc, and Nigeria under Buhari could not deem it fit to honour the dead yesterday, simply bcs he doesn't want the world to be aware of the evil and unprecedented killings going on under his watch.

Pls let's stop mourning the eagles loss rather, let us wail and weep for the soul of Nigeria whose children are being killed everyday with no end in sight....

If eagles had won that match yesterday, we would have felt good and the victory would have been used as a political cover-up,but then, God cannot be mocked !

Believe me, eagles may not have done well, but they are carrying the weight that's bigger than them.

No nation presiding over the killings of her children will ever prosper

Pls free the eagles, they tried their best, it's the system that's failing us !

NB. For those who would want to use other teams to oppose my view, I want to tell you this, though we have other teams in Nigeria, but the symbol of our national unity is Supper Eagles!!!!

Mourn the departed souls and the sinking nation

Mod pls .. semid4lyfe honeric01

(1) (Reply)

Football Prediction 30-03-2022 #booking Code Is Available / 2022 World Cup / Chelsea Vs Real Madrid Champions League Quarter Final Match Preview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.