Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,073 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Yahoo Boy’s Mother Jailed Five Years For Receiving N91M Internet Fraud Money - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Yahoo Boy’s Mother Jailed Five Years For Receiving N91M Internet Fraud Money (47274 Views)

Nigerians Indicted As US Charges 80 For Fraud, Money Laundering / EFCC Arraigns Mamman Ali For N91m Fraud / 'I Feed My 2 Wives, 7 Children With Fraud Money – Fake Police Officer Confesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yahoo Boy’s Mother Jailed Five Years For Receiving N91M Internet Fraud Money by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 30, 2022
Dapinski:

If they recovered the money, and reimbursed the victim, then 5 years is punitive enough. 5 years in prison is no joke.

Don't mind that one... In Nigeria, they just dish out sentences without looking at the effects.

If they recover the money, I see no reason why they must spend more than a year in prison if the essence is correction. After all, if the country was better, a lot of these vices wouldn't be present, but we ain't ready for that yet, they'd accuse one of supporting crime...

3 Likes

Re: Yahoo Boy’s Mother Jailed Five Years For Receiving N91M Internet Fraud Money by FuckDModz: 9:35am On Mar 30, 2022
grin
Re: Yahoo Boy’s Mother Jailed Five Years For Receiving N91M Internet Fraud Money by decryptofx(m): 9:36am On Mar 30, 2022
End time mother

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Boy’s Mother Jailed Five Years For Receiving N91M Internet Fraud Money by mizz2posh: 9:37am On Mar 30, 2022
She might not even go to jail, there's probably an option of fine, and the fine can be like 200k

3 Likes

Re: Yahoo Boy’s Mother Jailed Five Years For Receiving N91M Internet Fraud Money by princdebola201(m): 9:37am On Mar 30, 2022
RedMac:

She wants to belong and chil with the bigger women in the society... Before now she would have been oppressing all those smaller women around her... With expensive clothings and cars... Am always happy whenever any yahoo culprit is caught ... What am not comfortable with is the penalty given to them... I think 21 years should be the minimum jail term
5 years is enough , cos she is going to start afresh after being released. The properties and cash worth 91 millions will be recovered consficated by FG.
Re: Yahoo Boy’s Mother Jailed Five Years For Receiving N91M Internet Fraud Money by pegix(m): 9:37am On Mar 30, 2022
I'm very happy

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Boy’s Mother Jailed Five Years For Receiving N91M Internet Fraud Money by damkin24(m): 9:38am On Mar 30, 2022
Welcome development

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Boy’s Mother Jailed Five Years For Receiving N91M Internet Fraud Money by Lama70(m): 9:39am On Mar 30, 2022
I want to know if there's an option of fine or not before I celebrate the judge.

3 Likes

Re: Yahoo Boy’s Mother Jailed Five Years For Receiving N91M Internet Fraud Money by GloriousGbola: 9:41am On Mar 30, 2022
mama i have a deposit from my crypto for you
Re: Yahoo Boy’s Mother Jailed Five Years For Receiving N91M Internet Fraud Money by Bryan88(m): 9:42am On Mar 30, 2022
Pics or i don’t blve this...simple!
Re: Yahoo Boy’s Mother Jailed Five Years For Receiving N91M Internet Fraud Money by Theoarhics: 9:42am On Mar 30, 2022
Parents even now write agreement for the sons to do yahoo now.

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Boy’s Mother Jailed Five Years For Receiving N91M Internet Fraud Money by sematec(m): 9:42am On Mar 30, 2022
If they mother ask una for help how many of una ready to give

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yahoo Boy’s Mother Jailed Five Years For Receiving N91M Internet Fraud Money by Prolificgiant(m): 9:42am On Mar 30, 2022
the love of material things have made parents failed in their duties to instil moral values on their kids

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo Boy’s Mother Jailed Five Years For Receiving N91M Internet Fraud Money by whytediamond(m): 9:42am On Mar 30, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Yahoo Boy’s Mother Jailed Five Years For Receiving N91M Internet Fraud Money by Defusud: 9:43am On Mar 30, 2022
Dapinski:

If they recovered the money, and reimbursed the victim, then 5 years is punitive enough. 5 years in prison is no joke.

Biko keep quiet!! You've never been scammed that's why you're talking trash.

Have you considered if they had gotten away with the money?

Have you considered how the victims felt? If some committed suicide after the scam?

4 Likes

Re: Yahoo Boy’s Mother Jailed Five Years For Receiving N91M Internet Fraud Money by cavi: 9:44am On Mar 30, 2022
Money alters your moral compass, and can easily happen to anyone. Don’t point fingers because you could be next given the right poverty situation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahoo Boy’s Mother Jailed Five Years For Receiving N91M Internet Fraud Money by GoodIsGod: 9:44am On Mar 30, 2022
Where is Slawormir.
It's been a while he commented. grin

3 Likes

Re: Yahoo Boy’s Mother Jailed Five Years For Receiving N91M Internet Fraud Money by InoGetJoy: 9:44am On Mar 30, 2022
I support this 100%. Aiding and abetting crime is a criminal offense and since parents now abeg and enjoy the proceeds of crime from their kids, they should also enjoy the jail term

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Boy’s Mother Jailed Five Years For Receiving N91M Internet Fraud Money by PENNYSWAP: 9:44am On Mar 30, 2022
Nbotee:
Many of the mothers encourage their children to go into yahoo...

The level of hardship in the country now

Hmmmmmmmm

I find it hard to point accusing fingers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yahoo Boy’s Mother Jailed Five Years For Receiving N91M Internet Fraud Money by Awesomejah: 9:45am On Mar 30, 2022
Very good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yahoo Boy’s Mother Jailed Five Years For Receiving N91M Internet Fraud Money by abiodunbright(m): 9:45am On Mar 30, 2022
I have one in my compound, it's annoying seeing parents encouraging their little once to go learn yahoo so as to support the family bills. The mother is not working, the husband is a driver to a company. The boy that has no job is using iPhone 13, 16 years old boy for that matter.

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Boy’s Mother Jailed Five Years For Receiving N91M Internet Fraud Money by tibatobi: 9:46am On Mar 30, 2022
Cantonese:
Very terrible.

It is so disturbing that a mother would encourage her child to get involved in criminal acts like yahoo, hard drugs, prostitution, ritual killing and armed robbery. One wonders what such desperate women plan to achieve with their acts of greediness. When caught they cry and a lot of times claim poverty as their reason.

Parents no longer tell their children “remember the child of who you are”.

Sometimes I tend to believe that poverty is a choice. Those people who choose to do menial jobs and keep their sanity and integrity are not stupid. Slow and steady wins the race, as they say.

These days our youths are so greedy and impatient to drive Mercedes cars. Their lazy parents use their children as tools to achieve what they out of their lazy lives failed to achieve. The result is what we see today with many parents getting arrested with their children and getting jail sentences.

In the end, their names already damaged by their involvement in crimes, gets worse, as no one wants to relate with that family anymore.

By the way, how was this woman feeling during her court hearing with her son as her co-accused? What a big shame.
prostitution, Yahoo Yahoo,all forms and kind of criminal activities home and abroad is what Benin boys and girls including there father and mother practice it has become a culture for them over there
Re: Yahoo Boy’s Mother Jailed Five Years For Receiving N91M Internet Fraud Money by ledaman: 9:47am On Mar 30, 2022
Dapinski:

5 years is too small for the grievous offense she committed, because she would be given remission in the sentence.

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Boy’s Mother Jailed Five Years For Receiving N91M Internet Fraud Money by NamelessOGBENI(m): 9:48am On Mar 30, 2022
Another failed parenting, it's quite obvious..

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo Boy’s Mother Jailed Five Years For Receiving N91M Internet Fraud Money by Olam09(m): 9:49am On Mar 30, 2022
Re: Yahoo Boy’s Mother Jailed Five Years For Receiving N91M Internet Fraud Money by KingDash: 9:50am On Mar 30, 2022
Edo boys and fraud eh

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Boy’s Mother Jailed Five Years For Receiving N91M Internet Fraud Money by Ezedon(m): 9:51am On Mar 30, 2022
They are not serious
Re: Yahoo Boy’s Mother Jailed Five Years For Receiving N91M Internet Fraud Money by jaxxy(m): 9:51am On Mar 30, 2022
Only 91M?? How many billions did our politicians steal and how many years did u give them ur honour??

Nonesense justice system. undecided

Note:I'm not supporting fruad bt calling out our corrupt politicians and flawed justice system.
Re: Yahoo Boy’s Mother Jailed Five Years For Receiving N91M Internet Fraud Money by MrBroke(m): 9:51am On Mar 30, 2022
Foolish Mother and Son. If you think that doing fraud and succeeding makes you smart or wise, sorry to tell you it's the opposite, you are stupid and foolish. 5 years it's okay for her grin

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Boy’s Mother Jailed Five Years For Receiving N91M Internet Fraud Money by Sergio101(m): 9:52am On Mar 30, 2022
It's slawormirr ohh cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

51-Year-Old Man Kills His Mother In Lagos Over His Sister's Will (Photos) / Xenophobic Attack: Expensive Cars Owned By Nigerians, Burnt By South Africans / Girl Who Vanished From School With A Guy Has Been Found, Boy Arrested. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.