Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,846 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff (11903 Views)

JOBLESSNESS - Giving Up On Tech - Whats Your Take This 2024 / What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? / N-Power Registration 2020: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by Alexpre11: 1:45pm On Mar 30, 2022
Very bad
Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by 18wheeler: 1:46pm On Mar 30, 2022
Guy was on 25k monthly salary managing wife's farm. He entered a supply deal with indomie&chips woman across the road. He would steal eggs in the night and sell to her. Dude was taking approximately 30% share of the proceeds.

13 Likes

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by simplesearch: 1:46pm On Mar 30, 2022
HUSTLER001:
The boy caught is stupid! I remember when i use to run my late dad beer palour.On weekends we make the most sales&that is when i apply wisdom.I remeber back then,when you sell three crates of beer,the profit on top of it is enough to buy one crate.So, i buy one crate with the profit and make my personal profit before replacing the crate of beer.So,i'm doing dads biz and also doing my biz and in the end no one is cheated. A mutual association is attained and the record book is balanced.

Is your dad aware you are doing such with his business? If he was physically present and takes cognizance of every sales will you still be able to do such? If no, then you're stealing from your dad no matter the self justification: cos I believe he's mostly likely going to pay you for services rendered at the end of the day or month with the believe that you're trustable.
Notwithstanding, am against that line of business that ruins people's dignity. No offense intended!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by starpower(m): 1:50pm On Mar 30, 2022
Sacked a staff, the gambling business near by owner came to check him thrice. Heard him speaking with another staff of mine, that boy bet 80k a week. 40k salary. I cried

16 Likes

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by djflexcy: 1:52pm On Mar 30, 2022
Does anyone knows how I can find my way to Jibowu from Ajah please, by public bus
Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by SmartyPants(m): 1:53pm On Mar 30, 2022
Crafteck1:
My friend owns liquor store, sells hundreds of thousands a day but accountability is never easy, he caught one of his boys stealing a pack of andre(4500x6),on arresting him he discovered his its been going on for long, a boy on 20k salary has been lodging in 25k per night hotels, on checking his phine, he de use drink of 60k wash hand for club, dey carry different gitls up an down, using 180k iPhone still bought same phone for a girl..

Do you know the number of Nigerian companies that used thousands of Dollars to send the staff abroad for two to three years training with the expectation the staff will work for them for at least 10 years, all of a sudden when the stuff is done he decides that he is bigger than the job and leaves, do you think the company would ever try that with anyone else workers are the most poisonous of all, generally they don have pity, they would steal until the business crashes.

20k salary? Your friend is worse than the boy

6 Likes

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by LagBlogger(m): 1:53pm On Mar 30, 2022
I sacked one for being rude. The other one will only do enough, never putting his best till I found a hardworking, dedicated worker and sacked him ASAP.

The worst ones are labourers whether iron bender, mason, carpenter or welder.

I have involved police a few times to force them to do their work.

8 Likes

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by SmartyPants(m): 1:55pm On Mar 30, 2022
englishmart:
I won a contract sometime in 2018, hired a team of 25 well paid experts and a couple of maladroit workers who we prefer to call labours. During the project, one of my staff cornered a potential contract that I had been pursuing. A contract that was worth at least #24m. He accepted to execute the project for 13m, and was paid a mobilisation of 6.5m to commence.
To cut the story short, this very Yoruba snitch did a bad job, wasted materials and couldn't deliver 1/10th the project. He later begged me to help him finish up the project but the amount he bargained was far below par. Ebn the cost of workmanship alone was worth more. He was later arrested, detained and currently serving at Ikoyi prison. As a kind-hearted Man from the east, I've been working arduously to get him out on bail. The bail is 5.3m, and I'm confident he'll be out soon.
Though I still hobnob with Yoruba guys, but I ensure it's done with at least a 3.3km long spoon

What exactly did he do wrong to you?
Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by alizma: 1:57pm On Mar 30, 2022
Crafteck1:
My friend owns liquor store, sells hundreds of thousands a day but accountability is never easy, he caught one of his boys stealing a pack of andre(4500x6),on arresting him he discovered his its been going on for long, a boy on 20k salary has been lodging in 25k per night hotels, on checking his phine, he de use drink of 60k wash hand for club, dey carry different gitls up an down, using 180k iPhone still bought same phone for a girl..

Do you know the number of Nigerian companies that used thousands of Dollars to send the staff abroad for two to three years training with the expectation the staff will work for them for at least 10 years, all of a sudden when the stuff is done he decides that he is bigger than the job and leaves, do you think the company would ever try that with anyone else workers are the most poisonous of all, generally they don have pity, they would steal until the business crashes.
How many years chief priest take work before him open Im own bar?
Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by Contekbbc: 1:57pm On Mar 30, 2022
englishmart:
I won a contract sometime in 2018, hired a team of 25 well paid experts and a couple of maladroit workers who we prefer to call labours. During the project, one of my staff cornered a potential contract that I had been pursuing. A contract that was worth at least #24m. He accepted to execute the project for 13m, and was paid a mobilisation of 6.5m to commence.
To cut the story short, this very Yoruba snitch did a bad job, wasted materials and couldn't deliver 1/10th the project. He later begged me to help him finish up the project but the amount he bargained was far below par. Ebn the cost of workmanship alone was worth more. He was later arrested, detained and currently serving at Ikoyi prison. As a kind-hearted Man from the east, I've been working arduously to get him out on bail. The bail is 5.3m, and I'm confident he'll be out soon.
Though I still hobnob with Yoruba guys, but I ensure it's done with at least a 3.3km long spoon

Your write up is likeable but it became boring and useless the moment you tried to portray Yorubas In a bad light in your IMAGINARY CONTRACT.

It became clearer that you're a clout chaser and so, shouldn't be taken serious.

But,will you guys seize to exist if you didn't bring another tribe to you problems.

Mr contractor,
Try and make more sense next time.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by SmartyPants(m): 1:58pm On Mar 30, 2022
18wheeler:
Guy was on 25k monthly salary managing wife's farm. He entered a supply deal with indomie&chips woman across the road. He would steal eggs in the night and sell to her. Dude was taking approximately 30% share of the proceeds.

25k a month as a manager?

Are you and your wife wicked?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by SeaTrade(m): 2:01pm On Mar 30, 2022
Reason I avoid any sort of retail business because to account for each and every item is usually a nightmare.Most times these retailers also hustle for their employees as well.
If e pass distribution that I can only do wholesale and monitor trade on SAGE and stock valuation,count me out!
Even though there's more money in retail.
I don't know how spar and market square account for all their stuff tbh..

6 Likes

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by wallrichy: 2:02pm On Mar 30, 2022
A thief is a thief no matter the colouration he put it. That boy is a thief and he's really proud been a thief......

GloriousGbola:

That is stealing. Go and create your own business then. You are using your dad's investment, assets and infrastructure.

If you think it is so easy go and pay rent, buy machines, get contacts, get employees, pay bills, settle authorities

I am outlining this because you are a thief even if you want to pretend you are a sharp hustler

4 Likes

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:03pm On Mar 30, 2022
PastorMIsBack:
Back in the day, people would employ Quakers or patronise businesses owned by Quakers as they were very honest.

Can that be said of anyone nowadays?

However, I'm sure all is not finished. There must be honest people out there - even in Nigeria.
\

What's ''quakers", or you meant quacks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by angelfallz(m): 2:04pm On Mar 30, 2022
What happened to you is horrible. But stop trying to frame it as a Yoruba thing. It is not. The snitch did not snitch on you because he is Yoruba, he did it because he is wicked and greedy.

englishmart:

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by angelfallz(m): 2:05pm On Mar 30, 2022
God bless you
GloriousGbola:

That is stealing. Go and create your own business then. You are using your dad's investment, assets and infrastructure.

If you think it is so easy go and pay rent, buy machines, get contacts, get employees, pay bills, settle authorities

I am outlining this because you are a thief even if you want to pretend you are a sharp hustler

2 Likes

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by OlujobaSamuel: 2:08pm On Mar 30, 2022
SmartyPants:

Just because the word "manager" was used doesn't mean the business would have sufficient fund for top notch services with commensurate pay.
How many birds are in the pen, how many staff is the owner paying, if the pen is having 500 or less layers, at #25k per month pay for the manager, the owner might not even be able to go home with #50k at month end on average in a year

20 Likes

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by thatsleepboy1: 2:09pm On Mar 30, 2022
djflexcy:
Does anyone knows how I can find my way to Jibowu from Ajah please, by public bus

From ajah, enter obalende, from obalende you'll see Yaba bus that'll stop at waec. Drop at the last bus top and ask around you or the conductor, jibowu is just in front of you.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by shantti(m): 2:11pm On Mar 30, 2022
SmartyPants:

What is ur own. Remember that they will always pay him irrespective of if they encountered a loss that month. Making profit in Nigeria is so tough.

7 Likes

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by Contekbbc: 2:11pm On Mar 30, 2022
englishmart:

[s]Though I still hobnob with Yoruba guys, but I ensure it's done with at least a 3.3km long spoon[/s]
Lest I forget,so,You still hobnob with them because you really can't stay alone to succeed without your yoruba brothers

This is what I have been saying,you claim to hate people but your existence is dependent of them.
CHEST BEATERS!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by angelfallz(m): 2:12pm On Mar 30, 2022
The bolded,
You are right. But know this, paying good salary and treating your employees well, would not stop them from stealing from you. So what do you do?
You put in place measures to make your employees accountable, you put in place measures that reduce your employees access to funds(make things digital), have rules that they should all follow and when one or two falls out of line deal with them seriously and openly so that the others would learn that oga is not joking here.

kingscare1:
After looking at the harsh and unfavourable situations which employers subject their employees, I realised that most times, employees have no choice than to do shady shady dealings to cater for themselves and families.

In most Nigeria businessesss till today, sales girls and boys, including office workers feeds from hands to mouth everyday to survive and can't even afford transport money to work.

Sometimes they borrow to make up their financial shortcomings and to present their best to their employers but still they end up used, abused and unappreciated by wicked employers.

They are everywhere around us. You can easily point out employees from an employer because the later looks fresh and rich while the former looks stressed and anxious and kinda poorer.

So let us start paying good salaries and treating our employers well so that they will work well and not thief your money or do shady business while working for you.

Toyota Picnic 2006 clean for sale, Buy & Drive,
Gear - Automati, Location - Ikotun

Check my profile for more pictures

5 Likes

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by shantti(m): 2:13pm On Mar 30, 2022
OlujobaSamuel:

Just because the word "manager" was used doesn't mean the business would have sufficient fund for top notch services with commensurate pay.
How many birds are in the pen, how many staff is the owner paying, if the pen is having 500 or less layers, at #25k per month pay for the manager, the owner might not even be able to go home with #50k at month end on average in a year

U dey mind am, person go just open mouth dey talk rubbish. Imagine as small business owner that makes 10k profit per month, do u expect him to pay a staff 40k monthly or what

10 Likes

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by Starz825(m): 2:14pm On Mar 30, 2022
Emmerlee:

Well said. He doesn't seem to realize he was actually stealing/piggybacking off his Dad's sweat shocked

To actually think he was proudly linking this to mutual association and "wisdom"! Ignorance grin
But the dad would have been proud of him at least,instead of wasting it on stupid girls
Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by kingscare1(m): 2:15pm On Mar 30, 2022
angelfallz:
The bolded,
You are right. But know this, paying good salary and treating your employees well, would not stop them from stealing from you. So what do you do?
You put in place measures to make your employees accountable, you put in place measures that reduce your employees access to funds(make things digital), have rules that they should all follow and when one or two falls out of line deal with them seriously and openly so that the others would learn that oga is not joking here.

I concur.
Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by Crafteck1: 2:19pm On Mar 30, 2022
SmartyPants:

20k salary? Your friend is worse than the boy

If hes bigger than the job he wouldn't be there, a boy that just finished secondary school and has parents.... The ootion is 6 boys at 20k or 2 overworked staff at 60k.
Then to clarify payment schemes more for you, i have a staff on 35k monthly, 3 meals daily(1k5),total benefit is over 100k.

8 Likes

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by LagBlogger(m): 2:22pm On Mar 30, 2022
SmartyPants:

Don't talk like that. Do you know how unprofitable poultry business is? Plus maybe they provided accommodation and free feeding.

Poultry farms are struggling to survive.

12 Likes

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by adedehinbo(m): 2:25pm On Mar 30, 2022
englishmart:
bro forget that he is yoruba,your own person can do worst to you also. Treat human according to their behavior

8 Likes

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by Crafteck1: 2:25pm On Mar 30, 2022
toprealman:

BAD POLICIES AND IGNORANCE

The policies were based on trust.
Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by Alllen(m): 2:25pm On Mar 30, 2022
djflexcy:
enter bus from Ajah to Obalende, from Obalende you enter to jibowu

3 Likes

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by Crafteck1: 2:27pm On Mar 30, 2022
englishmart:

You put so much tribal sentiment into this, thats bleeped up

3 Likes

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by Crafteck1: 2:28pm On Mar 30, 2022
RealLordZeus:
Iffa tell ya wetin my eye see.. hmmm

2020 was a year i wont forget in a hurry..

Start a food biz late 2019, retail staffs dey thief money, chef and assistants dey steal food materials.
Tout and Enforcement officers were extorting during coro period... protesters later scatter the retail outlets during endsars saga

My second side hustle ( biz centre), the staff dey make daily contribution of 1k wey overall daily profit may not even pass #1500 sometimes

Welcome to my world
Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by adedehinbo(m): 2:29pm On Mar 30, 2022
wreckormend:

Still dubious. Those profits you made aren't still yours. The freezer that got the drinks chilled isn't yours. The power, the sound, the environment belongs to your dad. You ripped him off under the guise of being business savvy. You were nothing but a crook. Try this with me, better don't get caught, lest, the aftermath will be too sour to be told
lol will you kill him if you re the one?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Recruitment Opportunities At Nigeria Technical Aid Corps / Who Is Acceptable As A Referee For FRSC Application? / Employment At Transcorp Hilton Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.