Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,145 members, 7,957,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:12 AM

Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff (12091 Views)

JOBLESSNESS - Giving Up On Tech - Whats Your Take This 2024 / What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? / N-Power Registration 2020: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by Crafteck1: 10:19am On Mar 30, 2022
My friend owns liquor store, sells hundreds of thousands a day but accountability is never easy, he caught one of his boys stealing a pack of andre(4500x6),on arresting him he discovered his its been going on for long, a boy on 20k salary has been lodging in 25k per night hotels, on checking his phine, he de use drink of 60k wash hand for club, dey carry different gitls up an down, using 180k iPhone still bought same phone for a girl..

Do you know the number of Nigerian companies that used thousands of Dollars to send the staff abroad for two to three years training with the expectation the staff will work for them for at least 10 years, all of a sudden when the stuff is done he decides that he is bigger than the job and leaves, do you think the company would ever try that with anyone else workers are the most poisonous of all, generally they don have pity, they would steal until the business crashes.

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by HUSTLER001: 11:30am On Mar 30, 2022
The boy caught is stupid! I remember when i use to run my late dad beer palour.On weekends we make the most sales&that is when i apply wisdom.I remeber back then,when you sell three crates of beer,the profit on top of it is enough to buy one crate.So, i buy one crate with the profit and make my personal profit before replacing the crate of beer.So,i'm doing dads biz and also doing my biz and in the end no one is cheated. A mutual association is attained and the record book is balanced.

126 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by Dialpad: 1:33pm On Mar 30, 2022
Long story
Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by melaho: 1:33pm On Mar 30, 2022
Seun, Oya tell us your experience with Mynd44

This comment fit make me chop ban now

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by TheMan3: 1:33pm On Mar 30, 2022
Once had a manager that goes to quilox every weekend to flex with our business money. Every weekend not some weekend

20 Likes

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by illicit(m): 1:35pm On Mar 30, 2022
The best private school teacher will have nothing to show for it undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 1:35pm On Mar 30, 2022
Interview continues

Hope say una go employ us Sha
Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by Salami61: 1:35pm On Mar 30, 2022
It's a long story
Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by GloriousGbola: 1:35pm On Mar 30, 2022
HUSTLER001:
The boy caught is stupid! I remember when i use to run my late dad beer palour.On weekends we make the most sales&that is when i apply wisdom.I remeber back then,when you sell three crates of beer,the profit on top of it is enough to buy one crate.So, i buy one crate with the profit and make my personal profit before replacing the crate of beer.So,i'm doing dads biz and also doing my biz and in the end no one is cheated. A mutual association is attained and the record book is balanced.

That is stealing. Go and create your own business then. You are using your dad's investment, assets and infrastructure.

If you think it is so easy go and pay rent, buy machines, get contacts, get employees, pay bills, settle authorities

I am outlining this because you are a thief even if you want to pretend you are a sharp hustler

149 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by aspabay(m): 1:35pm On Mar 30, 2022
Nigerians are usually fraudulent.

10 Likes

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by Imoobot(m): 1:36pm On Mar 30, 2022
Am comining
Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by RealLordZeus(m): 1:36pm On Mar 30, 2022
Iffa tell ya wetin my eye see.. hmmm

2020 was a year i wont forget in a hurry..

Start a food biz late 2019, retail staffs dey thief money, chef and assistants dey steal food materials.
Tout and Enforcement officers were extorting during coro period... protesters later scatter the retail outlets during endsars saga

My second side hustle ( biz centre), the staff dey make daily contribution of 1k wey overall daily profit may not even pass #1500 sometimes

49 Likes

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by kingscare1(m): 1:36pm On Mar 30, 2022
After looking at the harsh and unfavourable situations which employers subject their employees, I realised that most times, employees have no choice than to do shady shady dealings to cater for themselves and families.

In most Nigeria businessesss till today, sales girls and boys, including office workers feeds from hands to mouth everyday to survive and can't even afford transport money to work.

Sometimes they borrow to make up their financial shortcomings and to present their best to their employers but still they end up used, abused and unappreciated by wicked employers.

They are everywhere around us. You can easily point out employees from an employer because the later looks fresh and rich while the former looks stressed and anxious and kinda poorer.

So let us start paying good salaries and treating our employers well so that they will work well and not thief your money or do shady business while working for you.

Toyota Picnic 2006 clean for sale, Buy & Drive,
Gear - Automati, Location - Ikotun

Check my profile for more pictures

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by Emmastan291: 1:36pm On Mar 30, 2022
Actions and reactions are equal and opposite.

4 Likes

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 30, 2022
Back in the day, people would employ Quakers or patronise businesses owned by Quakers as they were very honest.

Can that be said of anyone nowadays?

However, I'm sure all is not finished. There must be honest people out there - even in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by babablogger: 1:36pm On Mar 30, 2022
I don Dey wait this thread when they were calling out horrible bosses, So staffs are evil ��� intact armed robbers sef ���. If person go talk person no go know where to start ��‍♂️

3 Likes

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by Emmerlee(m): 1:38pm On Mar 30, 2022
GloriousGbola:

That is stealing. Go and create your own business then. You are using your dad's investment, assets and infrastructure.

If you think it is so easy go and pay rent, buy machines, get contacts, get employees, pay bills, settle authorities

I am outlining this because you are a thief even if you want to pretend you are a sharp hustler

Well said. He doesn't seem to realize he was actually stealing/piggybacking off his Dad's sweat shocked

To actually think he was proudly linking this to mutual association and "wisdom"! Ignorance grin

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by BluntCrazeMan: 1:38pm On Mar 30, 2022
Bad Staff always does anyhow he/she likes.
Doesn't care about sales.
Just counting days, and expecting the end-of-month pay.

8 Likes

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by STONEUS: 1:39pm On Mar 30, 2022
Hmm
Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by toprealman: 1:39pm On Mar 30, 2022
Crafteck1:
My friend owns liquor store, sells hundreds of thousands a day but accountability is never easy, he caught one of his boys stealing a pack of andre(4500x6),on arresting him he discovered his its been going on for long, a boy on 20k salary has been lodging in 25k per night hotels, on checking his phine, he de use drink of 60k wash hand for club, dey carry different gitls up an down, using 180k iPhone still bought same phone for a girl..

Do you know the number of Nigerian companies that used thousands of Dollars to send the staff abroad for two to three years training with the expectation the staff will work for them for at least 10 years, all of a sudden when the stuff is done he decides that he is bigger than the job and leaves, do you think the company would ever try that with anyone else workers are the most poisonous of all, generally they don have pity, they would steal until the business crashes.
BAD POLICIES AND IGNORANCE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by bigdammyj: 1:39pm On Mar 30, 2022
Not too bad, already known how toxic the environment is
Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by DenreleDave(m): 1:40pm On Mar 30, 2022
You are as stupid as the boy the OP mentioned if you think u av done well
HUSTLER001:
You people will just comment nonsense..

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by somehow: 1:40pm On Mar 30, 2022
In 2014/2014, 2 staff crashed $3000 belonging to a client then, got to know very late because it was on a Friday and I was busy outside Lagos.

Discovered the next day but couldn't do anything about the losses until Monday.

Fired them thereafter.

Employed one few months later to replace the 2 but gave him just 10% portfolio of what was previously lost to see what he could do.

3 months later, we made nothing from his table, he kept the capital intact with no profit/loss but overhead cost and his weekly allowance wasted.

Had to let him go too.

Business in Nigeria is tough.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by kingphilip(m): 1:41pm On Mar 30, 2022
I have a policy I feel every employee should always stick with.

This policy is, it is either I put in 100% of efforts and time into my job or I resign.

If I feel the pay is way less than I should be earning, I rather resign than not putting in my best or result to sharp practices.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by wreckormend: 1:41pm On Mar 30, 2022
HUSTLER001:

Still dubious. Those profits you made aren't still yours. The freezer that got the drinks chilled isn't yours. The power, the sound, the environment belongs to your dad. You ripped him off under the guise of being business savvy. You were nothing but a crook. Try this with me, better don't get caught, lest, the aftermath will be too sour to be told

36 Likes

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by OlujobaSamuel: 1:41pm On Mar 30, 2022
Hmmmmmm, few experience with not too good staff (won't really call them bad employees)
First was honest and good at the job, but want to use 1stone for 2birds, trying to learn a trade at my neighbors shop, so she is always not on seat in my shop. I transferred her to another shop, she said she can't go there, so I told her to use the door.
I currently have one, her account is always not bal, #100-#500 is always short. I'm planning to show her the way out after paying her on 31st.
The 3rd seems to be the worst, he doesn't seems to care if the business flourish or not, he finds it comfortable to turn back a customer without making effort.
On the other hand, I had a staff, she is someone I can leave the business with and travel for weeks without getting scared about the customers or my money.
Even when I tell her to discharge a customer, she will try to come up with an option in order not to lose the customer.
Today is her baby's naming ceremony. Congratulations to her

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 30, 2022
GloriousGbola:

well said!!

3 Likes

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by Imoobot(m): 1:44pm On Mar 30, 2022
HUSTLER001:

And there must definitely be a conflict of interest.

1 Like

Re: Business Owners, Whats Your Experience With Bad Staff by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 30, 2022
HUSTLER001:

you are stealing/cheating because you deliberately have not informed your boss (Dad) that actually his business has the capacity for 4 crates, instead you denied him access to the profit from the 4th crate which his business can handle.......so you have stolen from him. The fact that he didnt know does not make it anything other than theft.

This is the problem with Nigerian staff, if they are not damaging your business, they are preventing it from growing. you cant even trust your own child, talk less strangers. The idiot thinks he is sharp not knowing he is bringing curses upon himself.

41 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun / Post Jobs For Free Here. No Registration Or Sign Up Required. / Orange Drug Limited Recruitment How True Is It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.