Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

LOCATION -X (the Land Of Unforgettable Experiences) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / LOCATION -X (the Land Of Unforgettable Experiences) (251 Views)

The Land Of The Seers(full Story) Chapter 1 By Simplysussy / History Of “ilu Aje” (the Land Of The Wizard) In Oyo State Part 1 / Ikenna Igwe Shares Horror Experiences In A Face-me-i-face-you Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

LOCATION -X (the Land Of Unforgettable Experiences) by Extrastiv01(m): 7:54pm On Mar 30, 2022
I was born or should I say I found myself in this mysterious location few decades ago. I had no idea or any previous experience of this place, I was hundred percent naive.

The first few years I spent here seems nice maybe to the ten years old me. I care less or let's say I know nothing about the system of this location.

I remember when I used to receive free gifts,when my parents would take me and my siblings out to enjoy ourselves and have fun during holidays, oh! Life was really fun back then. I could still recall when crying was my leverage to get what I want and what I don't.

Gone are the days when you do some silly things without the fear of getting punished . I remember when I used to get basically most of the things I want at the right time. In short, Every bit of childhood was fun to me.

Growing up, I used to think all these things I enjoyed would be forever,I thought every good things of life would come to me easily that I don't need to strive or struggle before I get what I want but I was wrong,the reality of this location was blurry to me those years.

Sometimes I wish i could back to being a child and never grow up because being an adult in this location saddens my heart a lot. Nothing is sure in this location except problems I meant a lot of problems.

When I was nine,I recalled asking my mother question a child growing up would likely ask his or her parents. I asked "Hey mom,will I enjoy all this goodies forever" and she replied "Son,you have so much to learn". To be honest I really don't understand what message she was saying. Well, I'm not that nine years old minor anymore I'm in the major leagues now.

If I stand the chance of meeting my mother again,I would tell her "Hey mom I've learnt a lot and I'm still learning" even though it's mostly the hard way.

This jungle has shown me it's true nature,you live everyday like it's going to be your last here,we all fight for our lives on a daily basis. You should believe me If I tell you this is no place for the weak ,it has and would always be a matter of survival of the fittest. Even the strong ones at the bottom of the food chain are at risk here. 

The most dangerous characteristic of this location is the ability to make you get accustomed to its ways . It will bring out the worse in you and make every other good thing in you recessive.

No respect for human right in this habitat. Corruption, injustice, poverty,Tribalism, Religious conflicts, Political and economic instability,Bad governance,Greediness,cultism,Banditry, are the major stakeholders .
The more questions you ask the more confused you get,you just have to comply because choice is not a thing in location-x.

(1) (Reply)

Battle Girl's Origin - The Prenormals Anthology / Hope For The Addicted. / How Can I Start Writing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.