Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,176 members, 7,815,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu (17571 Views)

Amotekun Arrests 80-year-old Ekiti Man, Others For Vandalism / Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 In Bwoi Mangu, Plateau Attack (Graphic Photos) / Suspected Herdsmen Kill 40 In Odugbeho, Benue State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by politicoNG: 8:23pm On Mar 30, 2022
Operatives of the Ibadan Zonal Command of the EFCC, have arrested eighty (80) suspects for alleged internet- related
activities in Ibadan, Oyo State.

Forty (40) other suspects were arrested by operatives of the Enugu Zonal Command of the Commission for the same suspected offences.

They were all arrested based on verified intelligence linking them with fraudulent internet activities.

Incriminating documents were found in 35 of the 80 suspects arrested in Ibadan and they are:

Victor Abumere, Kehinde Samuel, Adedeji Ibrahim Olamilekan, Akinbowale Emmanuel, Taiwo Azeez, Adenuga Sunday, Sidiku Olubodun, Ekhuemelo Jerry, Agboola Khalid Babatunde, Alex Kelvin, Akande Jonah, Tobiloba Adekanye, Fatai Olalekan T., Giwa Babatunde David and Emmanuel Victor Mayowa.

Others are: Taofeek Toheeb Olamilekan, Olamilekan Fafilolu Quadri, Olayinka Taiwo Olaniyi, Emmanuel Abiodun Olalekan, Awoleke Opeyemi Uthman, Ikenna Anyanwu Victor, Mosuro Daniel Oluwaseun, Amoo Abdulmalik Ademola, Oluwaseun Adeniran, Kehinde Kehinde Olatunji, Bakare Kayode Augustine, Okoli Propser, Kolawole Blessing, Okeolu Moshood, and Hammed Khalid Ayomide.

The rest are: Hassan Waris Ademola, Taiwo Ademola, Adewale Ayomiposi, Abdullahi Maleek Olaniyi, Masika Adekunle Andrew.

The suspects were arrested in various locations in Ibadan, Oyo State and items recovered from them include: thirteen (13) exotic cars, three (3) motor bikes and mobile phones and laptops of different brands.

The 40 suspects arrested on March 29 and 30, 2022 in Enugu are: Chimezie Onyegwa, Chukwuebuka Jamespaul, Adams Nengi, Chibua Emmanuel. Mmoh Henry, Kingsly Obinna, Francis Alex, Nelson Chidiebere, Paschal Eze, Eke Emmanuel, Ezeme Johnpaul , Aroh Kenneth, Ugwu Darlington , Chukwuemeka Collins and Ejielo Ifeanyi,

Others are: Justin Obidiwe, Chibuike Henry, Chukwuemeka Okafor, Osodiuru Prince, Nwachukwu Steven, kelekchukwu Ugwu, Ugwuoke Victor, Udeh Victor, Ekata Endurance, Ukpabi Evidence, Eze Obinna, Amobi Eya, Victor Joshua, Gabriel Noel and Chisom Ede Nnamuchi.

The rest include Onwe Nnamdi,Okonkwo Somtochukwu, Nnaji Ifeanyi, Ezeagu Ifeanyi, Maduabuchi Nwangbo, Onyenamaya Tochukwu,Wisdom Solomon, Agu Chibuzor, Nwokoro Sochima and Ifeanyichukwu Miracle

They were arrested in Nsukka, and the Premier Layout Axis of Enugu, Enugu State following verified intelligence linking them with suspected internet- related offences.

Items recovered from them are, three cars, mobile phones and laptops of various brands and other incriminating documents.

The suspects will be charged to court as soon as investigations are concluded.

https://www.facebook.com/100064596373289/posts/342256484604228/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by opera1(m): 8:24pm On Mar 30, 2022
Yahoo-Yahoo will continue to thrive in as much as no strict punishment for the fraudsters. They will soon be released.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by Olaoluwa112(m): 8:25pm On Mar 30, 2022
How do they treat these people's case when they are arrested?
Cause those around us for where I live after being arrested for some few days, you will see them on the street back to business.

No proper punishment for them, imagine the no of yahoo boys they are arresting every day.
Assuming they are put in cell, I'm sure thousands will be in cell by now but I'm pretty sure by tomorrow all those guys will be out and to their yahoo yahoo business.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by nzeobi(m): 8:25pm On Mar 30, 2022
This is a harvest, at least EFCC is now sure of raising 30 million naira from them.

For long they have not raided

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by Authority1o1(m): 8:28pm On Mar 30, 2022
Okay...

They will continue to arrest because there'll always be Yahoo boys.

Nigerian girls have made things worse. Imagine, one made it known how she won't date guys who do not take risk; that it signifies strength. Inquiry showed that this specie of risk-takers was robbers and Yahoo boys.

That is why I find it somewhat of a comedy when such a number is arrested, because only about 12 of them know how to engage the CAPS lock on a laptop.

The remaining number is divided among unfortunate friends who came for PlayStation and those who believe that 'Yahoo boy' is a tag to have.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by Totilopussylick(m): 8:33pm On Mar 30, 2022
opera1:
Yahoo-Yahoo will continue to thrive in as much as no strict punishment for the fraudsters. They will soon be released.
I the tell you sad upon all the arrest all this why still the numbers fraudsters kept on increasing

Is it the government to be blamed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by Nobody: 8:34pm On Mar 30, 2022
politicoNG:

https://www.facebook.com/100064596373289/posts/342256484604228/

Lalasticlala Mynd44

Wow, this is so serious ooo, but what is the government doing concerning this issue of yahoo boys?. Is there any strict punishments that will prevent them from going back to the act and serve as warning to others who may be planning to also engage in the business?,and finally I think the government is really sleeping on job creation.
Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by silvoclaira: 8:37pm On Mar 30, 2022
Like for EFCC. Share for NDLEA

10 Likes 19 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by Rastaramsey(m): 8:54pm On Mar 30, 2022
Damnnnm undecided undecided undecided
My Niggars

What they got from yah all is too much lipsrsealed embarassed

Do transfer 1m each abeg

Go baff soap and start to dey hot back...
Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 9:05pm On Mar 30, 2022
Not that I support it but I truly worry,there are no jobs, Nigeria is in a mess, people rather build hotels and plazas in this country rather than factories. its a fact that home to home robbery has reduced drastically unlike before. I worry that the amount of youths arrested is alarming and if those youths have nothing doing and no proper employment..That is the beginning of our problems, ediots that are used to seeing millions and are addicted to spending reckless,what do you think they will do next to make that short cut money... The North is experience it's own now due to out of school kids,joblessness, government neglect. I don't want to see that in the south I swear o.. God help us..Imagine 80 ibadan,40 enugu..that's 120 boys,if they are released in the public after probably serving jail terms, that's mad 120 boys with weapons on the street because naija prisons hardens people not rehabilitate them..I just dey worried

nzeobi:
This is a harvest, at least EFCC is now sure of raising 30 million naira from them.

For long they have not raided

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by Mynd44: 9:26pm On Mar 30, 2022
Obatala will give EFCC and NDLEA okun and agbara to continue their work.

Anybody that tries to hinder their work will be met by a combination of Sango, Thor and Amadioha

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by whwow: 9:27pm On Mar 30, 2022
efcc just dey cash out
Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:28pm On Mar 30, 2022
Ok, noted.
Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by Onyenna(m): 9:28pm On Mar 30, 2022
Wow!!
Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by Nobody: 9:28pm On Mar 30, 2022
Hmmmm
This one na NYSC ORIENTATION CAMP oo.
Like before the new corp members are given their uniforms gringringrin grin
Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by oluwaseunamos33(m): 9:29pm On Mar 30, 2022
Nawao. The more the arrested the more they increased. Na which kain con3 be this?

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by Iamdboss: 9:31pm On Mar 30, 2022
When will they make arrest in kano or katsina

8 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by meccuno: 9:31pm On Mar 30, 2022
Are they doing competition now? undecided
Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by Philadelphia: 9:31pm On Mar 30, 2022
See as them line those guys like say dem dey secondary school assembly.

When dem wan line up our politicians nah? When will they line up those guys that blew up train?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by IamWonderful: 9:32pm On Mar 30, 2022
Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by vabesew: 9:32pm On Mar 30, 2022
Kill them all
Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by Flamzey00(m): 9:33pm On Mar 30, 2022
My View::
They need to understand that 80% of the Nigerian youths want quick money. There are no jobs yet you don’t want crime rate to increase. Allow the flow of money within the society and labour market, create more job opportunities then you can convict anyone still doing scam..

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by Bettapikin(m): 9:33pm On Mar 30, 2022
as the country get as e be nah why internet fraud are rampant, say No to fraud
Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by Skillsnigeria: 9:33pm On Mar 30, 2022
Hmmm
Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by uncleck: 9:34pm On Mar 30, 2022
I wanted to create a thread with the caption the political economy of yahoo yahoo, but I'm tired today. I'll do it within the week.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by Medley02(m): 9:35pm On Mar 30, 2022
See as dey line up like say dem dey assembly ground grin

Crime no pay jare
Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by Ternistacle(m): 9:35pm On Mar 30, 2022
Abeg make the arrest continue... Chai Thank mother earth... Make space dey for others.

Let me continue with my blunt
Re: EFCC Arrests 80 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan, 40 In Enugu by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 30, 2022
Problem

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NDLEA Arrests 2 Pakistani, Drug Kingpins Intercepts Cocaine, Skunk, Opoid Pills / Native Doctors Arrested For Hiring Assassins, Slicing Off Victim’s Organs / Man Stabs Guard To Death During Argument In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.