Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,476 members, 7,819,736 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

The Old Man And The Scorpion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Old Man And The Scorpion (788 Views)

Muslim Man And His Catholic Wife Bless Their Marriage In Church After 37 Years / Parable Of The Rich Man And Lazarus: What Was The Sin Of The Rich Man? / Lokoja Pastor Attempts To Heal A Mad Man And Was Beaten (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Old Man And The Scorpion by SonofIssachar: 1:24am On Mar 31, 2022
This is a story about doing good and the importance of not becoming weary in doing good even in the face of discouragement.

An old man saw a scorpion drowning and decided to pull it out from the water. He calmly extended his hand to reach the creature. When he did, the scorpion stung him. With the effect of the pain, the old man let go the creature and it fell back into the water. The man, realizing that the scorpion was drowning again, got back and tried to rescue it; but then again it stung him. He let go of it again.

A young boy standing by, approached the old man and said, "Excuse me, Sir; you are going to hurt yourself trying to save that evil-vicious creature. Why do you insist? Don't you realize that each time you try to help the scorpion, it stings you?"

The man replied, "The nature of the scorpion is to sting, and mine is to help. I cannot afford to let the stinging nature of the scorpion alter my own nature to help."

So the man thought for a while, then he plucked a leaf from a nearby tree and used it to pull the scorpion out of the water; thus saving its life.

The moral of this story is that you should not change your nature. If someone hurts you, just take precautions; don’t let it out on other people or allow it to cloud your judgement of others. Some pursue happiness while others create it. Let your conscience be your guide in whatever you do.

- Author Unknown

Meditation: But as for you, brethren, do not grow weary in doing good. – 2 Thessalonians 3:13

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Also read:

10 Lessons from the Hen
How Do You Respond to Discouragement?
Unanswered Letters: A Lesson on Handling Discouragement
Re: The Old Man And The Scorpion by Nobody: 7:15am On Apr 02, 2022
Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Download All SAYCO 2022 MESSAGES With Bro Gbile Akanni Here / What Is The Truth? / Witches and Christians have Something in Common:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.