Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,388 members, 7,812,147 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

About To Start Blogging. Which Hosting Do You Suggest For A Start.on Low Budget - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / About To Start Blogging. Which Hosting Do You Suggest For A Start.on Low Budget (953 Views)

What Linux Distro Would You Suggest For A Total Beginner / Which Hosting Server Is Good For Hosting An Online Socket Chatroom / Help A Friend: What Online Job Would You Suggest For An Unskilled Individual.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

About To Start Blogging. Which Hosting Do You Suggest For A Start.on Low Budget by cbookwap(m): 5:38am On Mar 31, 2022
God over everything
Re: About To Start Blogging. Which Hosting Do You Suggest For A Start.on Low Budget by Prinss: 9:38am On Mar 31, 2022
Would have asked about your budget but either way if you don't mind using a Nigerian host coy I will recommend smartweb hosting for foreign I recommend
I. Namehero (best in my opinion)
Ii. Hostinger
Iii. Bluehost
Iv. Porkbun

PS: you have someone to design the blog for you?...I'm a web designer

2 Likes

Re: About To Start Blogging. Which Hosting Do You Suggest For A Start.on Low Budget by truthCoder: 10:12am On Mar 31, 2022
Zero hosting cost.

Your own custom website not based on WordPress or the likes.

A dedicated content management system for you to handle back end with admin login. Also ability to have different authors and editors from your team.

A front end that shows dynamic content to the viewers with ability to create accounts, log in, and log out.

I will provide all this for 100k. (You have your domain name already?)

If interested, just send me a mail.
Re: About To Start Blogging. Which Hosting Do You Suggest For A Start.on Low Budget by cbookwap(m): 4:01pm On Apr 02, 2022
Prinss:
Would have asked about your budget but either way if you don't mind using a Nigerian host coy I will recommend smartweb hosting for foreign I recommend
I. Namehero (best in my opinion)
Ii. Hostinger
Iii. Bluehost
Iv. Porkbun

PS: you have someone to design the blog for you?...I'm a web designer

As a web designer, which one do you use often?

Which one is within the budget of 10k.
Re: About To Start Blogging. Which Hosting Do You Suggest For A Start.on Low Budget by Prinss: 6:57pm On Apr 02, 2022
cbookwap:

As a web designer, which one do you use often?

Which one is within the budget of 10k.

For a budget of #10k I will recommend smartweb.
Re: About To Start Blogging. Which Hosting Do You Suggest For A Start.on Low Budget by airsaylongcome: 10:50am On Apr 03, 2022
truthCoder:
Zero hosting cost.

A dedicated content management system for you to handle back end with admin login. Also ability to have different authors and editors from your team.

A front end that shows dynamic content to the viewers with ability to create accounts, log in, and log out.

Wondering why you'd want to use a solution other than WP.
Re: About To Start Blogging. Which Hosting Do You Suggest For A Start.on Low Budget by truthCoder: 10:56am On Apr 03, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Wondering why you'd want to use a solution other than WP.

This is 2022.

There are better alternatives to wordpress.

If you still think wordpress is the best solution, then you have a lot of catching up to do.
Re: About To Start Blogging. Which Hosting Do You Suggest For A Start.on Low Budget by airsaylongcome: 1:14pm On Apr 03, 2022
truthCoder:

This is 2022.

There are better alternatives to wordpress.

If you still think wordpress is the best solution, then you have a lot of catching up to do.

So I ask, what are the better alternatives. WordPress is THE MARKET leader in that segment. Years of experience and all. There is a reason they are used by a lot of established fortune 500 businesses. But I am interested in the better alternatives you mentioned so I can start learning.
Re: About To Start Blogging. Which Hosting Do You Suggest For A Start.on Low Budget by truthCoder: 1:35pm On Apr 03, 2022
airsaylongcome:

So I ask, what are the better alternatives. WordPress is THE MARKET leader in that segment. Years of experience and all. There is a reason they are used by a lot of established fortune 500 businesses. But I am interested in the better alternatives you mentioned so I can start learning.

Headless is the way to go at the moment. This separates content from the front end and allows for same content to be accessible via APIs on different device formats.

Same content available and adaptable on desktop, app, web, mobile, wearables, tv, carplay….you name it.

Wordpress has some workarounds to try to achieve thus but they remain workarounds.
Re: About To Start Blogging. Which Hosting Do You Suggest For A Start.on Low Budget by airsaylongcome: 6:06pm On Apr 03, 2022
truthCoder:

Headless is the way to go at the moment. This separates content from the front end and allows for same content to be accessible via APIs on different device formats.

Same content available and adaptable on desktop, app, web, mobile, wearables, tv, carplay….you name it.

Wordpress has some workarounds to try to achieve thus but they remain workarounds.

Okay. So I get that. WordPress developing a workaround is already indicative that they are evolving in that direction. I don't know what their roadmap is (and I'm off to check it after this) but it will be interesting if they aren't evolving in that direction. I know there are a lot of up coming startups looking at reducing WP market share in the CMS space. But I will be very sceptical of going for a yet to-be-proven solution over a behomoth.
Re: About To Start Blogging. Which Hosting Do You Suggest For A Start.on Low Budget by truthCoder: 9:26pm On Apr 03, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Okay. So I get that. WordPress developing a workaround is already indicative that they are evolving in that direction. I don't know what their roadmap is (and I'm off to check it after this) but it will be interesting if they aren't evolving in that direction. I know there are a lot of up coming startups looking at reducing WP market share in the CMS space. But I will be very sceptical of going for a yet to-be-proven solution over a behomoth.

I dont want to start a wordpress bashing campaign here. A work-around is a work-around.

Modern web developers understand that headless CMS is the way to go with content management.

If you want to build a website like cnn.com today, would you use wordpress?

You have a blog with 15,000 articles, 30,000 users plus around 100,000 images, and 1 million comments. You decide to create a mobile app and you want to have seamless access to all contents from 10 years ago. Your mobile app wants the images in a certain width, the comments real-time and the incorporation of bio-metric authentication. At the same time, you want to migrate to serverless, have the blog titles and descriptions appear on the user's apple watch real time. Add reactivity and dynamic content to the bunch.

Have fun doing all that with wordpress or trying to migrate in the future.
Re: About To Start Blogging. Which Hosting Do You Suggest For A Start.on Low Budget by Revealpanda: 8:04pm On Dec 26, 2022
truthCoder:
Zero hosting cost.

Hi Sir,

I am highly interested in this offer and would like to give it a try as I hope to restart my blogging journey in the new year.

In the past, we owned a WordPress-based blog/website, but we abandoned it due to issues with the developer, including a lack of proper SEO and the website frequently going offline.

I am curious about what other offerings are included in this package, specifically if it includes any SEO support. Additionally, I am unable to access the email associated with my Nl account, so I would prefer to be contacted through WhatsApp or at revealpanda [at] gmail com.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Re: About To Start Blogging. Which Hosting Do You Suggest For A Start.on Low Budget by truthCoder2: 5:47am On Dec 27, 2022
Revealpanda:

Hi Sir,

I am highly interested in this offer and would like to give it a try as I hope to restart my blogging journey in the new year.

In the past, we owned a WordPress-based blog/website, but we abandoned it due to issues with the developer, including a lack of proper SEO and the website frequently going offline.

I am curious about what other offerings are included in this package, specifically if it includes any SEO support. Additionally, I am unable to access the email associated with my Nl account, so I would prefer to be contacted through WhatsApp or at revealpanda [at] gmail com.

Please drop your WhatsApp line or send to me via email.

Thanks
Re: About To Start Blogging. Which Hosting Do You Suggest For A Start.on Low Budget by manikal: 5:52am On Dec 27, 2022
Revealpanda:

Hi Sir,

Not trying to steal another man's job but if the deal doesn't go through , I can do something similar for N100k as well
Re: About To Start Blogging. Which Hosting Do You Suggest For A Start.on Low Budget by Revealpanda: 7:25am On Dec 27, 2022
truthCoder2:

Please drop your WhatsApp line or send to me via email.

Thanks

Hi bro! Here's my WhatsApp: +234***07. Please let me know when you have received this message so I can delete it. Thank you and have a great morning!
Re: About To Start Blogging. Which Hosting Do You Suggest For A Start.on Low Budget by truthCoder2: 9:49am On Dec 27, 2022
Revealpanda:

Hi bro! Here's my WhatsApp: +234--8069--7818--07. Please let me know when you have received this message so I can delete it. Thank you and have a great morning!

You have a mail
Re: About To Start Blogging. Which Hosting Do You Suggest For A Start.on Low Budget by Revealpanda: 3:08pm On Dec 27, 2022
truthCoder2:

You have a mail
Yes reveal***@gmail.com.
Re: About To Start Blogging. Which Hosting Do You Suggest For A Start.on Low Budget by LittleBigDick(m): 5:53pm On Dec 27, 2022
Use a Linux distro

And install nginx
Re: About To Start Blogging. Which Hosting Do You Suggest For A Start.on Low Budget by Xeeex: 6:24pm On Dec 28, 2022
Use blogstatic it only costs 19 dollars a year and hosting is included
Re: About To Start Blogging. Which Hosting Do You Suggest For A Start.on Low Budget by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:39pm On Dec 28, 2022
truthCoder:

I dont want to start a wordpress bashing campaign here. A work-around is a work-around.

Modern web developers understand that headless CMS is the way to go with content management.

If you want to build a website like cnn.com today, would you use wordpress?

You have a blog with 15,000 articles, 30,000 users plus around 100,000 images, and 1 million comments. You decide to create a mobile app and you want to have seamless access to all contents from 10 years ago. Your mobile app wants the images in a certain width, the comments real-time and the incorporation of bio-metric authentication. At the same time, you want to migrate to serverless, have the blog titles and descriptions appear on the user's apple watch real time. Add reactivity and dynamic content to the bunch.

Have fun doing all that with wordpress or trying to migrate in the future.

Yeah a lot of them are powered by WordPress but use React at the frontend. Gatsby solves a lot of the things you have written about with queries and mutations using the Gatsby source WordPress plugin. Forbes Africa uses frontity on the frontend but that's a really garbage product compared to Gatsby.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I'm A Self-taught Medical Doctor / Developer Of Fortran Dead At 82 / Netbeans Beta 2 With Java

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.