Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Observing Lent - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Observing Lent (1328 Views)

Today Is Ash Wednesday; Beginning Of Lent / Meaning Of Lent & Why It Lasts For Forty Days / Observing A White Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Observing Lent by Kobojunkie: 12:14am On Jun 26, 2022
Obafavour:

You were there when he said it abi? Mumu
Was it not his disciples he gave the instructions or did he tell everyone he preached to then?
I wasn't there but I believe Him when He said that Heaven and Earth will Pass away but not a jot of God's Word, the Word out of God's own Mouth, will ever pass away.. undecided
Re: Observing Lent by Obafavour(m): 12:22am On Jun 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Really? So when the world hated the Israelites when they were living in disobedience of God's Law, the world hated them because of God and nothing else? undecided

It is only when your existence is comprised of God's Truth that it can then be said that the World hates you because of the Truth. undecided
So jesus was also killed because of his bad behaviour abi?
Get brain.... israelites were intentionaly punished by God becos of their sins.
We are persecuted for the gospel mat 24:9, but you can never be persecuted cos you aren't a christian that preach the gospel, only pretending.
Re: Observing Lent by Obafavour(m): 12:35am On Jun 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
How can the world hate you for lies? Is that a joke? undecided
Think!!! What i meant was that with all what jesus taught us we can see the world will never hate us for lies instead they hate us because of the truth "john 15:18-26" and jesus is the truth.
That's why "matthew 24:9" is coming to pass.
Re: Observing Lent by Kobojunkie: 12:36am On Jun 26, 2022
Obafavour:
1. So jesus was also killed because of his bad behaviour abi?

2. Get brain.... israelites were intentionaly punished by God becos of their sins.

3. We are persecuted for the gospel mat 24:9, but you can never be persecuted cos you aren't a christian that preach the gospel, only pretending.
1. Nope! Jesus Christ is God's Truth. His existence comprised only of God's Truth hence the world's hatred of Him was because of Truth - there were no faults to be found of Him by those who killed Him undecided

2. If we are to look at it that way, then maybe you guys are also being intentionally punished for your sins by God in this as well, especially since your faults are as high as the heavens beginning with the fact that you don't even follow the very teachings of Jesus Christ to begin with. undecided

3. See #2 above to note how that remains unlikely the case. Repeating the same lies won't make it true. undecided
Re: Observing Lent by Obafavour(m): 12:45am On Jun 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I wasn't there but I believe Him when He said that Heaven and Earth will Pass away but not a jot of God's Word, the Word out of God's own Mouth, will ever pass away.. undecided
Beating around the bush, it was his disciples he elected and instructed the disciples now passed the instruction to us and we follow.
As the apostles were leading the early church according to the teaching of jesus so also the present church leaders are leading the church according to jesus teachings and holy spirit directions. Believe it or not it's nt gonna change anything, church had started since jesus departure/ascension not just now.
And you now come from no where to condemn it because you lack understanding.
Re: Observing Lent by Obafavour(m): 12:49am On Jun 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Nope! Jesus Christ is God's Truth. His existence comprised only of God's Truth hence the world's hatred of Him was because of Truth - there were no faults to be found of Him by those who killed Him undecided

2. If we are to look at it that way, then maybe you guys are also being intentionally punished for your sins by God in this as well, especially since your faults are as high as the heavens beginning with the fact that you don't even follow the very teachings of Jesus Christ to begin with. undecided

3. See #2 above to note how that remains unlikely the case. Repeating the same lies won't make it true. undecided
Deceiving yourself, cos you aren't decieving anyone, it won't change anything.
The church had been standing and it will remain standing and the gate of hell shall never prevail cos it has been built on the ROCK.
Re: Observing Lent by Kobojunkie: 12:52am On Jun 26, 2022
Obafavour:

Think!!! What i meant was that with all what jesus taught us we can see the world will never hate us for lies instead they hate us because of the truth "john 15:18-26" and jesus is the truth.
That's why "matthew 24:9" is coming to pass.
Jesus Christ never taught you that the world will never hate you for lies. Your assumptions aren't based on His teachings at alll. undecided
Re: Observing Lent by Kobojunkie: 12:55am On Jun 26, 2022
Obafavour:

Beating around the bush, it was his disciples he elected and instructed the disciples now passed the instruction to us and we follow.
As the apostles were leading the early church according to the teaching of jesus so also the present church leaders are leading the church according to jesus teachings and holy spirit directions. Believe it or not it's nt gonna change anything, church had started since jesus departure/ascension not just now.
And you now come from no where to condemn it because you lack understanding.
So you are insinuating that where Jesus Christ condemns the folllowing of the doctrines and traditions of men preached as if of Him - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 and Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 - Jesus Christ was wrong? undecided
Re: Observing Lent by Obafavour(m): 12:58am On Jun 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ never taught you that the world will never hate you for lies. Your assumptions aren't based on His teachings at alll. undecided
I think you're sleepy or your brain isn't working at all, your hatred for church can't make you think straight again.
You want jesus to say that, "the world would never hate you for lies" until you believe that that was what he was talking about in john 15:18-26. Can't you think?!!!
Re: Observing Lent by Kobojunkie: 1:01am On Jun 26, 2022
Obafavour:

Deceiving yourself, cos you aren't decieving anyone, it won't change anything.
The church had been standing and it will remain standing and the gate of hell shall never prevail cos it has been built on the ROCK.
Jesus Christ and your churches cannot be right at the same time. So you decide, do you follow Jesus Christ or do you instead follow the lies your churches feed you using His name? undecided
Re: Observing Lent by Obafavour(m): 1:01am On Jun 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So you are insinuating that where Jesus Christ condemns the folllowing of the doctrines and traditions of men preached as if of Him - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 and Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 - Jesus Christ was wrong? undecided
Nope! Jesus wasn't wrong.
No one is preaching men traditions and doctrine, it was those who he want to condemn that he had condemned.
We preach what jesus taught us.
Re: Observing Lent by Obafavour(m): 1:05am On Jun 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ and your churches cannot be right at the same time. So you decide, do you follow Jesus Christ or do you instead follow the lies your churches feed you using His name? undecided
I'm following jesus christ and churches aren't feeding us with lies only the false prophets feed their sheep with lies "matthew 24:11&24"
Re: Observing Lent by Kobojunkie: 1:07am On Jun 26, 2022
Obafavour:
1. I think you're sleepy or your brain isn't working at all, your hatred for church can't make you think straight again.

2. You want jesus to say that, "the world would never hate you for lies" until you believe that that was what he was talking about in john 15:18-26. Can't you think?!!!
Now, I hate your churches even though I clearly don't hate Jesus Christ? Great!... LOL... undecided

2. Again, Jesus Christ spoke those Words of those who are His friends, those who do as He commands aka those who live their lives in submission to and obedience of His teachings(and commandments) . So when you who abide instead by the doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches) lies which Jesus Christ warned against, claim you are hated by the world, be sure they do not hate you because you hated them first. lipsrsealed
Re: Observing Lent by Kobojunkie: 1:12am On Jun 26, 2022
Obafavour:

Nope! Jesus wasn't wrong.
No one is preaching men traditions and doctrine, it was those who he want to condemn that he had condemned.
We preach what jesus taught us.
No one is, yet most everything you have spewed from the beginner of this conversation stands on conflict with the very teachings(and commandments) of Jesus Christ. How come? undecided

Jesus Christ never sent you to condemn the world in His name. He told you this when He warned you that He has come to save, not to condemn. So why do you do that which is against Him yet lie about it when called out on it?? undecided
Re: Observing Lent by Kobojunkie: 1:15am On Jun 26, 2022
Obafavour:

I'm following jesus christ and churches aren't feeding us with lies only the false prophets feed their sheep with lies "matthew 24:11&24"
They obviously are since you claim to follow them yet back-to-back your claims reveals you don't follow Jesus Christ at all. undecided
Re: Observing Lent by Obafavour(m): 1:15am On Jun 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Now, I hate your churches even though I clearly don't hate Jesus Christ? Great!... LOL... undecided

2. Again, Jesus Christ spoke those Words of those who are His friends, those who do as He commands aka those who live their lives in submission to and obedience of His teachings(and commandments) . So when you who abide instead by the doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches) lies which Jesus Christ warned against, claim you are hated by the world, be sure they do not hate you because you hated them first. lipsrsealed
1. You're just pretending as if you love jesus, you can't condemn jesus church and still say you love jesus.
2. Your last assumptions were lies. Ok how are we following the traditions and doctrine of men?
Re: Observing Lent by Kobojunkie: 1:17am On Jun 26, 2022
Obafavour:

1. You're just pretending as if you love jesus, you can't condemn jesus church and still say you love jesus.
2. Your last assumptions were lies. Ok how are we following the traditions and doctrine of men?
I am just pretending I love Jesus Christ by doing exactly that which Jesus Christ said those who love Him will do - John 14 vs 15 - 25? undecided

2. Your beliefs literally conflict with Jesus Christ, God's Truth hence the foundation is of lies and not Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Observing Lent by Obafavour(m): 1:19am On Jun 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
No one is, yet most everything you have spewed from the beginner of this conversation stands on conflict with the very teachings(and commandments) of Jesus Christ. How come? undecided

Jesus Christ never sent you to condemn the world in His name. He told you this when He warned you that He has come to save, not to condemn. So why do you do that which is against Him yet lie about it when called out on it?? undecided
You're sleepy right? Go and sleep and let's continue the conversation tomorrow.
But where and how do we condemn the world? Or you that condemned the church of God.
Re: Observing Lent by Kobojunkie: 1:22am On Jun 26, 2022
Obafavour:

You're sleepy right? Go and sleep and let's continue the conversation tomorrow.
But where and how do we condemn the world? Or you that condemned the church of God.
It is 7:20pm here. I am just getting settled in to watch movies all night. undecided

Really? You don't condemn homosexuality, prostitutes, etc., using Jesus Christ's name? undecided
Re: Observing Lent by Obafavour(m): 1:22am On Jun 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I am just pretending I love Jesus Christ by doing exactly that which Jesus Christ said those who love Him will do - John 14 vs 15 - 25? undecided

2. Your beliefs literally conflict with Jesus Christ, God's Truth hence the foundation is of lies and not Jesus Christ. undecided
1. You don't spread the gospel and you're saying you follow his commandment. LOL
2. Explain o... how our belief conflict jesus teaching.
Re: Observing Lent by Obafavour(m): 1:24am On Jun 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
It is 7:20pm here. I am just getting settled in to watch movies all night. undecided

Really? You don't condemn homosexuality, prostitutes, etc., using Jesus Christ's name? undecided
So you are in support of it?
Or was that what your jesus came to fufill? LOL
Re: Observing Lent by Kobojunkie: 1:26am On Jun 26, 2022
Obafavour:

1. You don't spread the gospel and you're saying you follow his commandment. LOL
2. Explain o... how our belief conflict jesus teaching.
1. NEWSFLASH! The Gospel is God’s New Covenant Law - about 100 commandments in total - which Jesus Christ taught to His followers, with instructions to go out and preach the exact same to those in the world.. undecided

2. Here's one example. Jesus Christ said He alone is Teacher, Master/Head, Authority/Leader, Shepherd..... over those who belong to Him. However, you churchians conveniently create for yourselves teachers, leaders, even Shepherd and fathers(spiritual) of men, against Jesus Christ, using His name.. undecided
Re: Observing Lent by Kobojunkie: 1:30am On Jun 26, 2022
Obafavour:

So you are in support of it?
Or was that what your jesus came to fufill? LOL
I am sent as witness to preach the same teachings(and commandments) which Jesus Christ taught to His followers. And no where in His teachings did Jesus Christ attack or condemn those in the world.... not even the prostitutes, the homosexuality, adulterers etc. So you tell me in whose name do you do these things that Jesus Christ never taught you to do? undecided

Jesus Christ live His live in continuous submission to and obedience of God's Old Covenant Law and Constitution to the Nation of isreal, in fulfillment of that Law, not the Gospel. undecided
Re: Observing Lent by Obafavour(m): 1:36am On Jun 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. NEWSFLASH! The Gospel is God’s New Covenant Law - about 100 commandments in total - which Jesus Christ taught to His followers, with instructions to go out and preach the exact same to those in the world.. undecided

2. Here's one example. Jesus Christ said He alone is Teacher, Master/Head, Authority/Leader, Shepherd..... over those who belong to Him. However, you churchians conveniently create for yourselves teachers, leaders, even Shepherd and fathers(spiritual) of men, against Jesus Christ, using His name.. undecided
1. LOL
2. Lies. All this things we discuss them in church, i was expecting you to say something different entirely from the teachings i hear in church but you've failed. Well church leaders are appointed with the direction of the holyspirit the way the early apostles were selected by jesus christ.
What of those who found church with the inspiration of the holyspirit are also elected by church members that have not be gathered? LOL
Re: Observing Lent by Kobojunkie: 1:42am On Jun 26, 2022
Obafavour:

1. LOL
2. Lies. All this things we discuss them in church, i was expecting you to say something different entirely from the teachings i hear in church but you've failed. Well church leaders are appointed with the direction of the holyspirit the way the early apostles were selected by jesus christ.

What of those who found church with the inspiration of the holyspirit are also elected by church members that have not be gathered? LOL
So, the Holy Spirit, the very one Jesus Christ said will never contradict Him is the same one your church people accuse of contradicting Jesus Christ? undecided

Found what church? Jesus Christ His Church is built by Him - His own hand build/found His own Church. So, who founded what? undecided
Re: Observing Lent by Obafavour(m): 1:43am On Jun 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I am sent as witness to preach the same teachings(and commandments) which Jesus Christ taught to His followers. And no where in His teachings did Jesus Christ attack or condemn those in the world.... not even the prostitutes, the homosexuality, adulterers etc. So you tell me in whose name do you do these things that Jesus Christ never taught you to do? undecided

Jesus Christ live His live in continuous submission to and obedience of God's Old Covenant Law and Constitution to the Nation of isreal, in fulfillment of that Law, not the Gospel. undecided
No one is condemning them, only preaching the gospel.
Re: Observing Lent by Kobojunkie: 1:47am On Jun 26, 2022
Obafavour:

No one is condemning them, only preaching the gospel.
The Gospel never mentions them nor does it does it condemn any one in the world. So, again, when you lot condemn them using the name of Jesus Christ, whose Gospel do you teach? undecided

When you uphold ideas that are not of Him - your "Christian" marriages, "Christian" businesses etc., your Spiritual fathers, your shepherds - using the name of Jesus Christ in perpetrating these lies, whose gospel do you teach? Definitely not Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Observing Lent by Obafavour(m): 1:53am On Jun 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So, the Holy Spirit, the very one Jesus Christ said will never contradict Him is the same one your church people accuse of contradicting Jesus Christ? undecided

Found what church? Jesus Christ His Church is built by Him - His own hand build/found His own Church. So, who founded what? undecided
Jesus that said he's going to establish the church is whom you accuse for teaching you on how to condemn the church.

Jesus founded his church but he had elected people like the disciples who he will use in gathering men for the kingdom. "though we are the elect people but there are some specific people that would be used like moses.

All your hatred won't change anything, if you like commit suicide. i'm waiting for the day you will stop allowing the devil to use you in attacking the church of christ including yourself.
Re: Observing Lent by Obafavour(m): 2:01am On Jun 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The Gospel never mentions them nor does it does it condemn any one in the world. So, again, when you lot condemn them using the name of Jesus Christ, whose Gospel do you teach? undecided

When you uphold ideas that are not of Him - your "Christian" marriages, "Christian" businesses etc., your Spiritual fathers, your shepherds - using the name of Jesus Christ in perpetrating these lies, whose gospel do you teach? Definitely not Jesus Christ. undecided
Jesus christ mentioned sins when preaching, he even spotted what the pharisees are doing, we are just giving examples of the behaviour and character God dislike. Who are we to condemn or judge when jesus said "do not judge so ye won't be judged" common you have no reasonable reason to attack or condemn the church.
According to your illustration, you also have gone against jesus teaching cos you've condemned, judged and attacked the church since the gospel is about preaching the love of christ and not condemning.
Re: Observing Lent by Kobojunkie: 2:03am On Jun 26, 2022
Obafavour:
1. Jesus that said he's going to establish the church is whom you accuse for teaching you on how to condemn the church. Jesus founded his church but he had elected people like the disciples who he will use in gathering men for the kingdom. "though we are the elect people but there are some specific people that would be used like moses.

2. All your hatred won't change anything, if you like commit suicide. i'm waiting for the day you will stop allowing the devil to use you in attacking the church of christ including yourself.
1. Stop confusing you assumptions of what was written in an epistle with the Truth of God. Jesus Christ instead told you of His Church that He builds it - of His own hands. undecided

2. There you go with this your victim mentality again. What I hate are the lies you spew in the name of Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Observing Lent by Kobojunkie: 2:12am On Jun 26, 2022
Obafavour:
1. Jesus christ mentioned sins when preaching, he even spotted what the pharisees are doing, we are just giving examples of the behaviour and character God dislike. Who are we to condemn or judge when jesus said "do not judge so ye won't be judged" common you have no reasonable reason to attack or condemn the church.

2. According to your illustration, you also have gone against jesus teaching cos you've condemned, judged and attacked the church since the gospel is about preaching the love of christ and not condemning.
1. Sin is transgression/disobedience of God's Law/commandments. Jesus Christ spoke to the Pharisees, themselves followers of God's Old Law against the sins they commited against God by following their own doctrines and traditions instead of God's commandments. undecided

Jesus Christ never sent you or anyone to condemn this who are in the world in His name. The only thing He sent you out to do is to teach His Gospel and Truth to those in the world. undecided

2. Your churches claim to be of Jesus Christ aka God's New Covenant Law and Gospel, don't they? And to correct you, I am not the one who condemns them. Instead God's Truth does since what I do is teach the Truth as opposed the lies they do using the name of Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Observing Lent by Obafavour(m): 7:05am On Jun 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Sin is transgression/disobedience of God's Law/commandments. Jesus Christ spoke to the Pharisees, themselves followers of God's Old Law against the sins they commited against God by following their own doctrines and traditions instead of God's commandments. undecided

Jesus Christ never sent you or anyone to condemn this who are in the world in His name. The only thing He sent you out to do is to teach His Gospel and Truth to those in the world. undecided

Your churches claim to be of Jesus Christ aka God's New Covenant Law and Gospel, don't they? And to correct you, I am not the one who condemns them. Instead God's Truth does since what I do is teach the Truth as opposed the lies they do using the name of Jesus Christ. undecided
LIES UPON LIES, you condemn us not God's truth stop lying against God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much Of Our African Culture Should We Give Up For Christianity? / Http://www.whiteoutpress.com/articles/q12012/obamacare-wall-street-rfid-chips-an / The Yearning Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.