Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Observing Lent - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Observing Lent (1330 Views)

Today Is Ash Wednesday; Beginning Of Lent / Meaning Of Lent & Why It Lasts For Forty Days / Observing A White Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Observing Lent by Kobojunkie: 8:25pm On Jun 26, 2022
Obafavour:

The churches are not forcing themselves on you, it's your choice and all i know is that jesus isn't against gathering in his name for the glory of God matthew 18:16-20 case close. No further or prolonging of argument.
Compare what Jesus Christ commands in Matthew 18 vs 16- 20 to what you all do in your churches and tell me where the commonalities can be found. undecided
Re: Observing Lent by Obafavour(m): 8:33pm On Jun 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Compare what Jesus Christ commands in Matthew 18 vs 16- 20 to what you all do in your churches and tell me where the commonalities can be found. undecided
I'll keep responding you until you accept that you don't know or understand a bit about the bible.
Everything jesus said is what we do in the church nothing hard or difficult in that commandment.
Now i'm throwing this question at you, according to the scripture "IF YOU ARE OFFENDED AND YOU TELL YOUR OFFENDER AND HE REFUSES YOU INFORM TWO PEOPLE AGAIN HE REFUSES NOW IF YOU WANT TO TELL THE CHURCH WHICH CHURCH WILL YOU TELL?
Re: Observing Lent by Kobojunkie: 9:34pm On Jun 26, 2022
Obafavour:

I'll keep responding you until you accept that you don't know or understand a bit about the bible.
Everything jesus said is what we do in the church nothing hard or difficult in that commandment.
Now i'm throwing this question at you, according to the scripture "IF YOU ARE OFFENDED AND YOU TELL YOUR OFFENDER AND HE REFUSES YOU INFORM TWO PEOPLE AGAIN HE REFUSES NOW IF YOU WANT TO TELL THE CHURCH WHICH CHURCH WILL YOU TELL?
So what you are saying is that everyday of the week you attend your church gatherings, that the above in bold is what you go there for?. undecided
Re: Observing Lent by Obafavour(m): 7:03am On Jun 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So what you are saying is that everyday of the week you attend your church gatherings, that the above in bold is what you go there for?. undecided
That's not the answer to my question dude!!!
grin
Simple question, according to that scripture. Which church will you tell?
Re: Observing Lent by Kobojunkie: 11:56am On Jun 27, 2022
Obafavour:

That's not the answer to my question dude!!!
grin
Simple question, according to that scripture. Which church will you tell?
Um... His Church which He builds with His own Hands and convenes and administers/manages - John 15 vs 1 - 14 - , not your churches. undecided

Again, compare what is written in Matthew 18 vs 16 - 20 to what you folks do in your churches everyday and tell me if any of what is described of His Church is what takes place in your churches regularly? undecided
Re: Observing Lent by Obafavour(m): 1:05pm On Jun 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Um... His Church which He builds with His own Hands and convenes and administers/manages - John 15 vs 1 - 14 - , not your churches. undecided

2. Again, compare what is written in Matthew 18 vs 16 - 20 to what you folks do in your churches everyday and tell me if any of what is described of His Church is what takes place in your churches regularly? undecided
1. That's not the church refered to in matthew 18:17 i still doubt if you understand that scripture. Compare the church written in that scripture you wrote up there with the church mentioned in matthew 18:17 and you'll realize you've been spewing out rubbish.
2. It has been compared and no difference. Which church will you tell?
Re: Observing Lent by Obafavour(m): 1:11pm On Jun 27, 2022
@kobojunkie
The church in that scripture you wrote up there refers to the personal relationship with jesus but the church of matthew 18:17 was refering to the relationship between jesus christ and the gathering of christians. Compare and think!!!
And those two scriptures aren't too hard for you to comprehend o kobojunkie
@kobojunkie
Re: Observing Lent by Kobojunkie: 1:20pm On Jun 27, 2022
Obafavour:

1. That's not the church refered to in matthew 18:17 i still doubt if you understand that scripture. Compare the church written in that scripture you wrote up there with the church mentioned in matthew 18:17 and you'll realize you've been spewing out rubbish.
2. It has been compared and no difference. Which church will you tell?
Um... His Church which He builds with His own Hands and convenes and administers/manages - John 15 vs 1 - 14 - , not your churches. undecided

Again, compare what is written in Matthew 18 vs 16 - 20 to what you folks do in your churches everyday and tell me if any of what is described of His Church is what takes place in your churches regularly? undecided
Re: Observing Lent by Obafavour(m): 1:23pm On Jun 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Um... His Church which He builds with His own Hands and convenes and administers/manages - John 15 vs 1 - 14 - , not your churches. undecided

2. Again, compare what is written in Matthew 18 vs 16 - 20 to what you folks do in your churches everyday and tell me if any of what is described of His Church is what takes place in your churches regularly? undecided
1. That's a personal relationship with jesus not the church refered to in matthew 16:17
2. It has been compared no difference.
Re: Observing Lent by Kobojunkie: 1:29pm On Jun 27, 2022
Obafavour:

1. The church in that scripture you wrote up there refers to the personal relationship with jesus but the church of matthew 18:17 was refering to the relationship between jesus christ and the gathering of christians. Compare and think!!!

And those two scriptures aren't too hard for you to comprehend
In John 15 vs 1 - 11, Jesus Christ speaks of He being the Vine and every branch on the Vine grows directly from the Vine - a description of sorts of how His Church is structured. How you instead consider that your personal relationship with Jesus is beyond me. undecided

In Matthew 18 vs 16 - 20, Jesus Christ gives Law to branches on the Vine on how to go about resolving conflicts or crisis suggesting they first make attempts at resolving it between themselves before involving other branches in the Vine. So I ask you to compare what Jesus Christ described in those verses and what you do everyday in your churches to tell me where the common points exist. undecided
Re: Observing Lent by Kobojunkie: 1:32pm On Jun 27, 2022
Obafavour:

1. That's a personal relationship with jesus not the church refered to in matthew 16:17
2. It has been compared no difference.
The personal relationship you have with Jesus Christ is defined in the New Covenant agreement aka the Law/Gospel of the Kingdom of God. The Vine which you now belong to as a result of having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ is the Church built by Jesus Christ which is a collection of the individuals who have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as their Head. undecided

No difference? undecided

If you see no difference, it can't be helped then. So we are done with this discussion then, right? undecided
Re: Observing Lent by Obafavour(m): 1:41pm On Jun 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. In John 15 vs 1 - 11, Jesus Christ speaks of He being the Vine and every branch on the Vine grows directly from the Vine - a description of sorts of how His Church is structured. How you instead consider that your personal relationship with Jesus is beyond me. undecided

In Matthew 18 vs 16 - 20, Jesus Christ gives Law to branches on the Vine on how to go about resolving conflicts or crisis suggesting they first make attempts at resolving it between themselves before involving other branches in the Vine. So I ask you to compare what Jesus Christ described in those verses and what you do everyday in your churches to tell me where the common points exist. undecided
1. He's still refering to personal relationship in that scripture, because salvation is individualistic.
2. We praise God and admonish ourselves. (Adomonishment can be done in many ways by settling conflict and preaching the word of God) any difference?
Re: Observing Lent by Obafavour(m): 1:46pm On Jun 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. The personal relationship you have with Jesus Christ is defined in the New Covenant agreement aka the Law/Gospel of the Kingdom of God. The Vine which you now belong to as a result of having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ is the Church built by Jesus Christ which is a collection of the individuals who have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as their Head. undecided

2. No difference? undecided

If you see no difference, it can't be helped then. So we are done with this discussion then, right? undecided
1. John 15:1-14 refers to a personal relationship with God not the church refered to in matthew 16:17. Think!!! Your last assumption in number one is who we are you get it?
2. Yes no difference, we practice what jesus taught us.
Re: Observing Lent by Kobojunkie: 1:48pm On Jun 27, 2022
Obafavour:

1. He's still refering to personal relationship in that scripture, because salvation is individualistic.
2. We praise God and admonish ourselves. (Adomonishment can be done in many ways by settling conflict and preaching the word of God) any difference?
There is nothing "personal" about the Vine and its branches in John 15 vs 1 - 11. undecided

2. Even Jesus Christ, in John 5 vs 41 - 42 said He does not desire praises from human beings, so your praises have nothing to do with Him and His Church . undecided

He sent His followers out to teach His Gospel only to those in the world(unbelievers) whereas your churches are instead filled with people who claim to believe and are born-again who you all pretend to preach to, again, another stack difference between that commanded by Jesus Christ and that which you do in your churches.. undecided

... I can go on but since you don't see this, it cannot be helped at all. undecided
Re: Observing Lent by Obafavour(m): 1:57pm On Jun 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. There is nothing "personal" about theVine nd its branches in John 15 vs 1 - 11. undecided
2. Even Jesus Christ, in John 5 vs 41 - 42 said He does not desire praises from human beings, so your praises have nothing to do with Him nd His Church . undecided 3. He sent His followers out to teach His Gospel only to those in d world(unbelievers)whereas your churches are instead filledwith people who claim tobelieve and re born-again who u all pretend to preach to, again, another stack difference between that commanded by Jesus Christ nd that which u do in ur churches.. undecided
4. ... I can go on but since you don't see this, it cannot be helped at all. undecided
1. It refers to personal relationship with christ.
2. We praise God cos jesus always give thanks 2 his father.
3. Jesus admonishes his followers, so also the early apostles admonishes the christians.
4. Learn how to learn, stop being a hypocrite.... you don't understand d relationship between jesus nd d church.
Re: Observing Lent by Kobojunkie: 2:03pm On Jun 27, 2022
Obafavour:

1. It refers to personal relationship with christ.
2. We praise God cos jesus always give thanks 2 his father.
3. Jesus admonishes his followers, so also the early apostles admonishes the christians.
4. Learn how to learn, stop being a hypocrite.... you don't understand d relationship between jesus nd d church.
1. Are all branches on the Vine representative of your personal relationship with Jesus Christ?, undecided

2. Jesus Christ said those who love Him are those who obey Him - John 14 vs 15 - 25 - and His friends are those who do as He asks - John 15 vs 14. But what you are saying is that even though Jesus Christ pretty much declared that those who praise Him do so in vain... you all do so anyways regardless of what He posited said? undecided

3. Did Jesus Christ tell you it is your place to admonish other followers though? undecided

4. I don't understand the relationship between Jesus Christ and His Church because I reject your claim that your churches which are built by and administered by the will of men are of Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: Observing Lent by Kobojunkie: 2:04pm On Jun 27, 2022
Obafavour:

1. John 15:1-14 refers to a personal relationship with God not the church refered to in matthew 16:17. Think!!! Your last assumption in number one is who we are you get it?
2. Yes no difference, we practice what jesus taught us.
Ok then! undecided
Re: Observing Lent by Obafavour(m): 3:08pm On Jun 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Are all branches on the Vine representative of your personal relationship with Jesus Christ?, undecided
2. Jesus Christ said those who love Him are those who obey Him - John 14 vs 15 - 25 - nd His friends re those who do as He asks - John 15 vs 14. But what you re saying is that even though Jesus Christ pretty much declared that those who praise Him do so in vain... you all do so anyways regardless of what He posited said? undecided
3. Did Jesus Christ tell you it is your place to admonish other followers though? undecided
4. I don't understand the relationship between Jesus Christ nd His Church because I reject your claim that your churches which re built by and administered by the will of men are of Jesus Christ? undecided
1. U as a branch is a personal relationship with christ.
2. Once again we praise God cos jesus also givethanks 2 God.
3. Jesus never condemn admonishing one another matt 18:16-20
4. U're wrong, Churches re built by jesus. We are the church.
Re: Observing Lent by Kobojunkie: 3:10pm On Jun 27, 2022
Obafavour:

1. U as a branch is a personal relationship with christ.
2. Once again we praise God cos jesus also givethanks 2 God.
3. Jesus never condemn admonishing one another matt 18:16-20
4. U're wrong, Churches re built by jesus. We are the church.
Again.....

2. Jesus Christ said those who love Him are those who obey Him - John 14 vs 15 - 25 - and His friends are those who do as He asks - John 15 vs 14. But what you are saying is that even though Jesus Christ pretty much declared that those who praise Him do so in vain... you all do so anyways regardless of what He posited said? undecided

4. I don't understand the relationship between Jesus Christ and His Church because I reject your claim that your churches which are built by and administered by the will of men are of Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: Observing Lent by Obafavour(m): 3:18pm On Jun 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again.....

I can' repeat myself if you don't get it forget it.

2. 1 peter 5:1, colossians 3:12-17 and hebrews 3:13 read those scriptures.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The End Is Near, The Wormwood Prophecy (asteroid Apophis) / Theists, Prove YOUR God Exists / Wind & Fire 2008 Campmeeting In Portharcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.