Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,240 members, 7,815,327 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- (2400 Views)

I Didn’t Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari – Goodluck Jonathan / Why I Didn't Hand Over Power To Osinbajo When Travelling - Buhari / I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 31, 2022
I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari
- Dr. Goodluck Jonathan-

- Former President, Goodluck Jonathan has replied his critics who accused him of handing over a nation at the verge of collapse to his successor, President Muhammadu Buhari.

- Jonathan recounted the achievements of his government to include, handing over a country that produced the richest man in Africa.

- Jonathan said, “I took over a Nigeria that was the second largest economy in Africa with a GDP of $270.5 billion in 2009,

- I handed over a Nigeria that had grown to become the largest economy in Africa and the 24th largest economy in the World with a GDP of $574 billion.

- I handed over dollar exchange rate of N187 per Dollar official rate in our banks, compared to their N560 now official rate for a Dollar

-“I inherited a Nigeria in which the trains were not working, and handed over a Nigeria in which citizens can safely travel by trains again.

- I also inherited a country where illiteracy rate particularly in the Northern part was alarming.

- I handed over a country where every state in the North and indeed all the states had a Federal University. I inherited a country where there was total infrastructural decay in all the unity schools and colleges of education.

- But I handed over a country with massive infrastructural improvement in almost higher institutions.

- I inherited a country where agricultural inputs and production were almost zero.

- But I handed over a country where a bag of rice was sold for N6,500 to N7000.

- My regime since the establishment of ecological fund office did more irrigation dams in the North and other parts of the country than other subsequent administrations put together.

- I inherited epileptic fuel supplies resulting to endless queues at the filling stations. I maintained despite enormous challenges of fuel subsidies and handed over a relatively stable fuel regime and also at a managed local price of N87 per litre.

- I inherited a Nigeria that was a net importer of cement, and handed over a Nigeria that is a net exporter of cement.

- In 2009 the richest Nigerian was the 5th richest man in Africa, but I handed over a Nigeria that produced the richest man in Africa.

- The former President further stated " I inherited a country where people were almost losing hope on the credibility of its electoral process but I noticed that democracy will continue to grow in the African continent if leaders value the process of elections more than the product of the process. I handed over electoral process that engendered fairness in its conduct and conclusiveness ".

- He said, “Even in the 2015 general elections in my country, Nigeria, there was potential for major crisis if I was not a President duly elected by the will of the people.

- “The campaigns leading to the elections almost polarized the country into Christian vs Muslims and North vs South divide.

- Most World leaders were worried that our elections will result into major crisis.
Some pundits even from here in the United States said that those elections would spell the end of Nigeria and that we would cease to exist as a nation because of the polls.

- That is where the leadership question comes into play.

- As a leader that was duly elected by the people, I considered the people’s interest first.

- How do I manage my people to avoid killings and destruction of properties?

- With the interest of the people propelling all the decisions I took, we were able to sail through.

- Indeed, we sailed through because I refused to interfere with the independence of the Independent National Electoral Commission, 'INEC', having appointed a man I had never met in my life to run it. We sailed through because I maintained and still believe that my personal ambition, interest is not worth the blood of any single Nigerian.

- My philosophy was simple. For elections to be credible, I as a leader, must value the process more than the product of the process. And the citizens must have confidence in the electoral body.

17 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by tobillionaire(m): 7:55am On Mar 31, 2022
undecided
Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by MadamVanessa(f): 7:56am On Mar 31, 2022
shocked

Na oga Jonathan get time to answer stupid idiotic good for nothing nonentities. You don't reply or give attention to fools. You're highly placed above these idiots.

After 7years plus, Jonathan is still the problem. Buhari government is shameless.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 31, 2022
You did sir,your government was woeful and buhari collapsed and buried it
Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by slimghost(m): 7:58am On Mar 31, 2022
Iyaebe:

Don’t be silly kid. He didn’t hand over a collapsed nation to the mannequin. He has given you the indices but you are still typing nonsense. Let the mannequin bring his indices too.
The worst thing to happen to Nigeria

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 31, 2022
slimghost:

Don’t be silly kid. He didn’t hand over a collapsed nation to the mannequin. He has given you the indices but you are still typing nonsense. Let the mannequin bring his indices too.
The worst thing to happen to Nigeria
Be truthful to yourself for once,didn’t we all complained about his government and hoping for the better which we never got? You are one of Nigeria’s problems.Stop calling black a white

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by MadamVanessa(f): 8:00am On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
Iyaebe:
[/s]

shocked

You really don't have what to comment. Jonathan did what?

6 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by Nobody: 8:02am On Mar 31, 2022
MadamVanessa:
[s][/s]

shocked

You really don't have what to comment. Jonathan did what?
Were you satisfied with his government? We all complained heavily but got another shocker.He wasn’t any better,let’s be truthful in all that we do

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by Godjone(m): 8:04am On Mar 31, 2022
Why is GEJ wasting his time replying these useless humans who brought horror to the people?

Buhari and his co-looters must face God punishment. They will never know peace in their entire lives

12 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by AntiBMC(m): 8:04am On Mar 31, 2022
Ofcourse. The country has truly collapsed under the lifeless

4 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by Odin13: 8:06am On Mar 31, 2022
grin
Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by Kilotat: 8:06am On Mar 31, 2022
Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari. They are just looking for excuse for their failure.
Tinubu is the demon that is responsible for all this atrocities. If ACN didn't merge with CPC, their won't be any President buhari.
Am a Northerner from middle belt, I warned so many Yoruba people against voting for fulani man. They thought the killings we christians are facing from this animals will never reach them, that was why they didnt care about us and went ahead to vote the devil into power.
Will Yoruba people Ever get Sense? I doubt it

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by edmaraja: 8:08am On Mar 31, 2022
Iyaebe:
Shut up and stop talking nonsense, can you dispute any of the facts he mentioned there? Present your facts let's see it not all these stupid comments without any facts to back it up. All of you dumbos that voted Buhari shouldn't ever be taken seriously again, what sense can come out of someone that was stupid enough to vote for Buhari twice?

13 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 31, 2022
edmaraja:

Shut up and stop talking nonsense, can you dispute any of the facts he mentioned there? Present your facts let's see it not all these stupid comments without any facts to back it up. All of you dumbos that voted Buhari shouldn't ever be taken seriously again, what sense can come out of someone that was stupid enough to vote for Buhari twice?
Quote me again only when you grow up,till then byeee
Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by slimghost(m): 8:09am On Mar 31, 2022
Iyaebe:
Be truthful to yourself for once,didn’t we all complained about his government and hoping for the better which we never got? You are one of Nigeria’s problems.Stop calling black a white

I never said he left a wonderful Nigeria. But he didn’t leave a collapsed nation to this idiot.
His government had its flaws but life wasn’t as unbearable for Nigerians as it is now.
I have never seen Nigerian this angry and divided along ethnic and religious lines.
Buhari did all of it.
Tell yourself the truth and stop being silly

12 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by Odin13: 8:10am On Mar 31, 2022
Iyaebe:
Were you satisfied with his government? We all complained heavily but got another shocker.He wasn’t any better,let’s be truthful in all that we do

What was the complain then?

As a Yoruba ?

And as a Nigerian

Help remind us.. we’ve forgotten already

4 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 31, 2022
slimghost:

I never said he left a wonderful Nigeria. But he didn’t leave a collapsed nation to this idiot.
His government had its flaws but life wasn’t as unbearable for Nigerians as it is now.
I have never seen Nigerian this angry and divided along ethnic and religious lines.
Buhari did all of it.
Tell yourself the truth and stop being silly
You are right with this statement, I’m very unbiased in my dealings,try to emulate me.

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by joyandfaith: 8:11am On Mar 31, 2022
Gej had wise men who worked for him because he knew he had nothing upstair. Buhari has idiots working for him because he thinks he is a wise man.

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by SarkinYarki: 8:11am On Mar 31, 2022
You handed the failure 550 billion dollar economy which is the African record till date and he destroyed it in 6 months

3 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by Odin13: 8:13am On Mar 31, 2022
Jonathan remain the best Nigeria President since 1960

But Yoruba tribalism And Northern push for power ..fearing he might handover to east..

Cost his presidency..nothing else

Reason today..
northern Nigeria will vote Gej against dan fodio..reason why Buhari and his cabal will do everything to have Gej as candidate

But Gej won’t fall for it.. he has future .

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by SarkinYarki: 8:14am On Mar 31, 2022
Iyaebe:

GEJ met your GDP at 390 billion dollars and grew it to 550 billion dollars despite economic and security sabotage by APC yet you think he was woeful? That's the best GDP leap Africa has ever seen and it's still the African record

6 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 31, 2022
Odin13:

What was the complain then?

As a Yoruba ?

And as a Nigerian

Help remind us.. we’ve forgotten already
Nigeria was almost collapsing and corruption was at its peak, everything was standstill. I’m not praising this government in any way,take note

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by Odin13: 8:16am On Mar 31, 2022
Iyaebe:
Nigeria was almost collapsing and corruption was at its peak, everything was standstill. I’m not praising this government in any way,take note

That was what Yoruba sold to the people and real reason why North is not buying Tinubu propaganda

Which agency was collapsing

And what was the corruption everywhere ?
How many humans have the Apc competent court jailed from the last administration?

So now you’re buying rice at 28k corruption is gone grin

In 2014.. their was no corruption story.. Apc propaganda that brought figures up and lies against Gej
Where is elrufia and sanusi claim of 42 billion nnpc money?

Gej was hated by Yoruba people because you took igbos closed to his government .. that’s the only honest truth..

The feel igbos were beginning to have mouth in government and Yoruba envy igbos

Yoruba believe Buhari will die and Yoruba will be President

Yoruba believe they will enjoy Apc government more than igbos enjoyed Gej..

Yoruba hate and blackmailed Pdp because of hatred for igbos

Today Yoruba people are at the losing end

Enjoyment dem no see .. hunger they beat them for all yorubaland .. we all know no be propaganda

Nigeria is being relegated by tribalism in the south and not north

Guess corruption have disappeared and country is now stable

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by Onyiiobi7735(m): 8:17am On Mar 31, 2022
grin grin Of course bundle of compound fools and cataclysmic failures would heap the blame on GEJ.

6 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by Kuriosmynd: 8:18am On Mar 31, 2022
Okay
Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by fregeneh(m): 8:24am On Mar 31, 2022
Source. Or is a fake news.
Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by GooodHardDick: 8:27am On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
Iyaebe:
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by GooodHardDick: 8:28am On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
Iyaebe:
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by GooodHardDick: 8:28am On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
Iyaebe:
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by GooodHardDick: 8:29am On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
Iyaebe:
You are right with this statement, I’m very unbiased in my dealings,try to emulate me.
[/s]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

We South South Will Never Vote Peter Obi. / Peter Obi Fans Are Making And Distributing This Souvernir Fans (vid) / Runaway Father Of Little Obidient Girl Seeks Forgiveness, Wants To Return☺️

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.