Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,910 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- (2406 Views)

I Didn’t Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari – Goodluck Jonathan / Why I Didn't Hand Over Power To Osinbajo When Travelling - Buhari / I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by Christipsy(m): 8:43am On Mar 31, 2022
Even though u give them everything in the world they will still complain..
Ijiot set of ppl na God go punish una generation generation to come for making life a living hell to the ppl

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 31, 2022
Oga Jona try for Nigeria but the only problem I have with him is that he is soft and allow criminals to circle and dine with him, the cabals that brought him down are now in APC eating big at the detriment of the poor masses, had it bn he acted like a real man and use eye wey person dey use popo big faeces APC no for comot him from seat talk more of the Northern politicians using Boko Haram to remove him and install ds dull Grandpa on us

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by edmaraja: 8:57am On Mar 31, 2022
Iyaebe:
Quote me again only when you grow up,till then byeee
Shut up, is there anything that shows you have more sense than a five year old kid? Whenever you enter any thread stupidity enters with you. You are the one that needs to grow up, nonsense!!

3 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 31, 2022
edmaraja:

Shut up, is there anything that shows you have more sense than a five year old kid? Whenever you enter any thread stupidity enters with you. You are the one that needs to grow up, nonsense!!
little man, it is only little men that talk back at women,you should be masculine enough to ignore.I wonder the kind of men our society is raising,I go marry so?
Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by vibre: 9:05am On Mar 31, 2022
Iyaebe:
You did sir,your government was woeful and buhari collapsed and buried it
Jonathan's Government was not woeful, most of the people that voted against him voted because of tribalism, Buhari's government is what you can describe as woeful. I honestly wish we can even get back to where we were under Jonathan.

3 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by Wisfem: 9:07am On Mar 31, 2022
Excelloque:
I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari
- Dr. Goodluck Jonathan-

- Former President, Goodluck Jonathan has replied his critics who accused him of handing over a nation at the verge of collapse to his successor, President Muhammadu Buhari.

- Jonathan recounted the achievements of his government to include, handing over a country that produced the richest man in Africa.

- Jonathan said, “I took over a Nigeria that was the second largest economy in Africa with a GDP of $270.5 billion in 2009,

- I handed over a Nigeria that had grown to become the largest economy in Africa and the 24th largest economy in the World with a GDP of $574 billion.

- I handed over dollar exchange rate of N187 per Dollar official rate in our banks, compared to their N560 now official rate for a Dollar

-“I inherited a Nigeria in which the trains were not working, and handed over a Nigeria in which citizens can safely travel by trains again.

- I also inherited a country where illiteracy rate particularly in the Northern part was alarming.

- I handed over a country where every state in the North and indeed all the states had a Federal University. I inherited a country where there was total infrastructural decay in all the unity schools and colleges of education.

- But I handed over a country with massive infrastructural improvement in almost higher institutions.

- I inherited a country where agricultural inputs and production were almost zero.

- But I handed over a country where a bag of rice was sold for N6,500 to N7000.

- My regime since the establishment of ecological fund office did more irrigation dams in the North and other parts of the country than other subsequent administrations put together.

- I inherited epileptic fuel supplies resulting to endless queues at the filling stations. I maintained despite enormous challenges of fuel subsidies and handed over a relatively stable fuel regime and also at a managed local price of N87 per litre.

- I inherited a Nigeria that was a net importer of cement, and handed over a Nigeria that is a net exporter of cement.

- In 2009 the richest Nigerian was the 5th richest man in Africa, but I handed over a Nigeria that produced the richest man in Africa.

- The former President further stated " I inherited a country where people were almost losing hope on the credibility of its electoral process but I noticed that democracy will continue to grow in the African continent if leaders value the process of elections more than the product of the process. I handed over electoral process that engendered fairness in its conduct and conclusiveness ".

- He said, “Even in the 2015 general elections in my country, Nigeria, there was potential for major crisis if I was not a President duly elected by the will of the people.

- “The campaigns leading to the elections almost polarized the country into Christian vs Muslims and North vs South divide.

- Most World leaders were worried that our elections will result into major crisis.
Some pundits even from here in the United States said that those elections would spell the end of Nigeria and that we would cease to exist as a nation because of the polls.

- That is where the leadership question comes into play.

- As a leader that was duly elected by the people, I considered the people’s interest first.

- How do I manage my people to avoid killings and destruction of properties?

- With the interest of the people propelling all the decisions I took, we were able to sail through.

- Indeed, we sailed through because I refused to interfere with the independence of the Independent National Electoral Commission, 'INEC', having appointed a man I had never met in my life to run it. We sailed through because I maintained and still believe that my personal ambition, interest is not worth the blood of any single Nigerian.

- My philosophy was simple. For elections to be credible, I as a leader, must value the process more than the product of the process. And the citizens must have confidence in the electoral body.

I handed over a country where every state in the North and indeed all the states had a Federal University. I inherited a country where there was total infrastructural decay in all the unity schools and colleges of education.

- But I handed over a country with massive infrastructural improvement in almost higher institutions.

Big shame on you, Did all these to the northerners but your own brothers and sisters were left to rust, A President like you is a disgrace to his households, outwards clean inwards stinkingly dirty, After all the northern nice guy play they could not vote you in for your next regime...

3 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by SweetiliciousD: 9:13am On Mar 31, 2022
joyandfaith:
Gej had wise men who worked for him because he knew he had nothing upstair. Buhari has idiots working for him because he thinks he is a wise man.

Wise man that led Nigeria thrice into recession ba?

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by joyandfaith: 9:17am On Mar 31, 2022
SweetiliciousD:

Wise man that led Nigeria thrice into recession ba?

He thinks he is wise man.

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by SweetiliciousD: 9:19am On Mar 31, 2022
joyandfaith:

He thinks he is wise man.
#Fact

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by Coldie(m): 9:30am On Mar 31, 2022
7years after Jonathan handed over power they are still blaming him for failure like for real. Even the so called corruption fight we all know it’s a scam.

All those Buhari supporters ask what Buhari has done you will hear he has built bridges he build roads etc, all those things are things that even Benin republic can do today as long as you have China, what about those things China cannot do for you, like good economy, security, good governance etc.

They failed in all of it

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by Bobloco: 9:31am On Mar 31, 2022
grin
Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by Help2020: 9:33am On Mar 31, 2022
Excelloque:
- Dr. Goodluck Jonathan-

- Former President, Goodluck Jonathan has replied his critics who accused him of handing over a nation at the verge of collapse to his successor, President Muhammadu Buhari.

- Jonathan recounted the achievements of his government to include, handing over a country that produced the richest man in Africa.

- Jonathan said, “I took over a Nigeria that was the second largest economy in Africa with a GDP of $270.5 billion in 2009,

- I handed over a Nigeria that had grown to become the largest economy in Africa and the 24th largest economy in the World with a GDP of $574 billion.

- I handed over dollar exchange rate of N187 per Dollar official rate in our banks, compared to their N560 now official rate for a Dollar

-“I inherited a Nigeria in which the trains were not working, and handed over a Nigeria in which citizens can safely travel by trains again.

- I also inherited a country where illiteracy rate particularly in the Northern part was alarming.

- I handed over a country where every state in the North and indeed all the states had a Federal University. I inherited a country where there was total infrastructural decay in all the unity schools and colleges of education.

- I inherited a country where agricultural inputs and production were almost zero.

- My regime since the establishment of ecological fund office did more irrigation dams in the North and other parts of the country than other subsequent administrations put together.

- I inherited epileptic fuel supplies resulting to endless queues at the filling stations. I maintained despite enormous challenges of fuel subsidies and handed over a relatively stable fuel regime and also at a managed local price of N87 per litre.

- I inherited a Nigeria that was a net importer of cement, and handed over a Nigeria that is a net exporter of cement.

- In 2009 the richest Nigerian was the 5th richest man in Africa, but I handed over a Nigeria that produced the richest man in Africa.

- The former President further stated " I inherited a country where people were almost losing hope on the credibility of its electoral process but I noticed that democracy will continue to grow in the African continent if leaders value the process of elections more than the product of the process. I handed over electoral process that engendered fairness in its conduct and conclusiveness ".

- He said, “Even in the 2015 general elections in my country, Nigeria, there was potential for major crisis if I was not a President duly elected by the will of the people.

- “The campaigns leading to the elections almost polarized the country into Christian vs Muslims and North vs South divide.

- Most World leaders were worried that our elections will result into major crisis.
Some pundits even from here in the United States said that those elections would spell the end of Nigeria and that we would cease to exist as a nation because of the polls.

- As a leader that was duly elected by the people, I considered the people’s interest first.

- With the interest of the people propelling all the decisions I took, we were able to sail through.

- Indeed, we sailed through because I refused to interfere with the independence of the Independent National Electoral Commission, 'INEC', having appointed a man I had never met in my life to run it. We sailed through because I maintained and still believe that my personal ambition, interest is not worth the blood of any single Nigerian.

- My philosophy was simple. For elections to be credible, I as a leader, must value the process more than the product of the process. And the citizens must have confidence in the electoral body.
He laid out facts,can buhari zombies counter this facts and not insults? Pls bring facts to counter this o,everything is not by sentiment and tribalism.

3 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by Wisfem: 9:34am On Mar 31, 2022
Excelloque:
- Dr. Goodluck Jonathan-

since OBJ left office Train has not been functional in any southern states, all you Jonathan did was to build functioning and standard rail line for the northern states while The previously built rail lines in the east especially were left to crumble rust damage and allowed to be stollen by wonderful criminals, This Jonathan style is a massive reason while people like Umahi, Okorocha, Uzodima, and Oji uzokalu should never be allowed to participate in any presidential Election in this country, They are groups of persons who wants to come and please the northern oligarchs, JEG has no legitimate reason to outline whatsoever achievements to the populace because he was a total disaster, He should go to the north and test his popularity period

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by arkt21: 9:41am On Mar 31, 2022
this is amazing
Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by Truvelisback(m): 10:08am On Mar 31, 2022
Iyaebe:
How much was a bag of rice then compared to his regime? How much was Fuel, a cement bag, and other things compare to now? Sentiment won't take us anywhere. It high time should be sincere to ourselves. The reason Nigeria is like this and will continue to remain like this is because we love and appreciate hypocritical leaders, thieves and decievers.

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by TI1919(m): 10:44am On Mar 31, 2022
Iyaebe:
Very stupid and senseless you are indeed

3 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:49am On Mar 31, 2022
BULLSITT TALK. WHY DOES JAN KEPT VISITING BUHA SINCE? DEMOCRACY FOR NAIJA NA MILITARY ARRANGEMENT BY BOTH RETIRED AND SERVING.THEY WILL SOON PUT THERE OWN THERE IN 2023,ALL THIS MERRI GO ROUND BY BUHA NA DIVERSIONARY. undecided
Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by TI1919(m): 10:52am On Mar 31, 2022
Kilotat:
Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari. They are just looking for excuse for their failure.
Tinubu is the demon that is responsible for all this atrocities. If ACN didn't merge with CPC, their won't be any President buhari.
Am a Northerner from middle belt, I warned so many Yoruba people against voting for fulani man. They thought the killings we christians are facing from this animals will never reach them, that was why they didnt care about us and went ahead to vote the devil into power.
Will Yoruba people Ever get Sense? I doubt it
They are very greedy, selfish and stupid set of people, they will never know peace for the evil they brought to Nigerians using the dummy Osinbanjo to get Christians vote

3 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by godofuck231: 11:00am On Mar 31, 2022
Whats next on the itinerary for bubu, how to pinish guoro business
Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by ngreel(f): 11:12am On Mar 31, 2022
Iyaebe:
you're a big f*ool

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by angelfallz(m): 11:16am On Mar 31, 2022
You did not hand over a collapsed country, but you handed over a corrupt and failing country.
Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by rejoice4eva(m): 11:29am On Mar 31, 2022
Iyaebe:
Were you satisfied with his government? We all complained heavily but got another shocker.He wasn’t any better,let’s be truthful in all that we do
YOU, Buhari and co , COMPLAINED and you promised to CHANGE it.
Stop saying WE.
Accept responsibility at least for once.

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by rejoice4eva(m): 11:32am On Mar 31, 2022
The silence of Jonathan, and the opposition in front of falsehood, lies and hypocrisy of the highest order of the APC , has allowed the APC propaganda to go unhindered for these 7 years.
Jonathan and others are cowards.
Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by Akponmfet: 11:35am On Mar 31, 2022
The answers were making sense until he said he handed over the richest man in Africa.
Wetin concern Dangote with your handover?
Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by Idiko1: 11:36am On Mar 31, 2022
Not even a failed state when Joe handed it over to this goon from Katsina State!!!

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by HADI854: 11:52am On Mar 31, 2022
Excelloque:
- Dr. Goodluck Jonathan-

U no need to explain anything to anybody sir.
Na this government scatter am finish

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by 9japride(m): 12:28pm On Mar 31, 2022
During GEJ time, federal road maintenance agency was always working. But during this APC government, I hadly see them working. Tribalism /religious fanatism won't take a country anywhere. During GEJ I remembered how he set up federal universities in most state of country. It's just a pity that dirty politics is the kind of politics they accuse Igbos of not knowing how to play. A politics of lies and wickedness.
Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by respect80(m): 12:45pm On Mar 31, 2022
So many ijots will still feast on this thread to shamelessly defend Buhari and APC because they think defending him would make Buhari to handover to tifnubu
Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- by Oracleforce: 12:58pm On Mar 31, 2022
See mumu GEJ justifying his failure.. Was it not in your tenure that Boko haram dominated almost entire Borno state...yet, you kept on campaigning for your re-election...if you have performed creditably well, only few people from north will give their vote for GMB..but since your administration is marred with corruption, insecurity, nepotism, maladimintration, etc..

Allison Madueke, your petroleum minister has forfeited all her stolen property in the hand of the government...and went to another country to become a ceremonial minister...

All these politicians do not have shame...your performance rate is -2℅> and you justifying yourself...

What is different between failure and failure....your administration failed us and the Buhari administration also has failed us...

You are both failures...period!

(1) (2) (Reply)

VP Osinbajor Declaration: I Leave You To Your Conscience -tinubu To VP Osinbajor / / Moment Peter Obi Lands In Dele Momodu's London House, As He Celebrates His B-day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.