Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure (30044 Views)

World Cup: Babayaro Names 2 People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure To Qualify / Celestine Babayaro Celebrates His Goal In Nigeria 3-2 Win Over Argentina In 1996 / Celestine Babayaro Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by FishLaps: 9:44am On Mar 31, 2022
2022 World Cup: Babayaro names two people responsible for Nigeria’s failure to qualify

Former Nigeria goalkeeper, Emmanuel Babayaro has said current goalkeeper trainer, Alloy Agu, and the president of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Amaju Pinnick are to be blamed for the country’s failure to qualify for the 2022 World Cup.

The Super Eagles lost out on away goal rule, after drawing 1-1 at home with Ghana on Tuesday.

Babayaro, who won a gold medal at the 1996 Olympics, said, “For me personally, I will lay the blame on goalkeeper trainer, Alloy Agu. He has been the goalkeeper trainer for many years and has failed to bring any improvement on any of the goalkeepers. And also, he has not brought up a new goalkeeper into the fold. So, why is he a goalkeeper trainer?”

He added, “Football has a lot to do with psychology. Uzoho after conceding that goal was shaking because it was a flop for him to allow that ball to go into the net. It takes a lot of character for the goalkeeper to come back better after such a goal.”

The former Super Eagles goaltender also laid blame on the doorsteps of Amaju Pinnick.

“There is no teamwork among Super Eagles and the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) because in a situation where only the President is in charge of everything. The President of the Federation is the Chief Scout of Super Eagles. He has been the one traveling to Europe to convince players who were not born here and don’t know much about Nigerian football to come and play for us.

“How can you bring strangers together and expect them to do the work of brothers? They cannot play with that urgency because they don’t know the history and the rivalry between Nigeria and Ghana and what football means to the average Nigerian,” he concluded.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2022/03/31/2022-world-cup-babayaro-names-two-people-responsible-for-nigerias-failure-to-qualify/

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by Padipadi(m): 7:30pm On Mar 31, 2022
More than 2 o.
No 3 is Ogunefon. The full list are:
1. Aloysius Agu
2. Amaju Pinnick abi na Picnic
3. Augustine Eguavoen.
Eguavoen used the formation of first leg in the 2nd leg.

Last Bullet
Seriously Super Eagles need to fix the list below before they start bringing smile to the fans.
Since 2013, Nigeria lacked the following:
1. Good left back or left winger
2. Good set piece taker from left or right
3. Good Goalkeeper
4. We v never scored from a direct free kick
5. We v never scored from set pieces i.e: corner, long throwing, freekick etc
5. We lacked good header of balls
6. A standard dribbler that open chances or take chances like Okocha
7. We v never scored from outside shot.
And so on.

Did you see the way Leon Balogun was moving with ball?
He looked like he's skill-less.
What of that rugby looking left back, the fine boy agbero looking Emmanuel Dennis too who can't run, dribble or shoot?
Only Osimhen has ball skills on that day & Ademola Lookman a little. All others can't raise ball up to 100 at once. No ball control, no skills, nothing jogo, nothing bonito. Everybody just be like amateur league trial players.

71 Likes

Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by Acerugs33: 7:30pm On Mar 31, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by Agent8706(m): 7:30pm On Mar 31, 2022
Only 3 people played match that day to me: Victor Osimen, Ekong and Balogun, the rest were all bag of beans, no stamina, mid field as unproductive as the current regime. Don't even get me started on the keeper and coach!

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by Alexpre11: 7:30pm On Mar 31, 2022
Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by Balistic4: 7:30pm On Mar 31, 2022
is this not the second time today this topic is gracing front page? Is it that important?

1 Like

Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by GdexFolami(m): 7:30pm On Mar 31, 2022
smiley
Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by FalseProphet1(m): 7:30pm On Mar 31, 2022
No one was responsible, cos if one of those flying kicks Osimehen was kicking found it's way into the net, everyone would have drank to stupor and praised the team.

If anyone is to blame it should be Buhari, cos the land of Nigeria is soaked with the blood of the innocent that's why nothing is prospering in this country.

No light ...since 1999 every presidential candidate uses light, infrastructure...etc to campaign, yet it gets worse by the day.

No security . We have an ex general as our president, yet bandits, criminals, hoodlums, kill people at will and nothing is done. No arrests, no counter attack from the army, just empty speeches that bears no results.

No fuel/disel . To think we are one of the world's leading crude oil producers would make you giggle in shame, yet not a single refinery is operational in Nigeria, we still import petroleum products in this 21st century.

No jobs. I don't need to talk about this one. Prospective employers have taken advantage of the lack of jobs to under pay graduates and treat them like slaves, yet the government doesn't care.

Nigeria under Buhari is worse than Nigeria during the slave trade era.

All these factors were the reason why Nigeria couldn't make it to the world cup.

This I have seen.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by christejames(m): 7:30pm On Mar 31, 2022
He is absolutely correct

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by iampeterben(m): 7:31pm On Mar 31, 2022
Na Buhari

2 Likes

Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by Johnheir2(m): 7:31pm On Mar 31, 2022
Buhari doesn't deserve any Football Medal... It's a pity
Yar'adua, GEJ deserved accolades and they were rewarded....

15 Likes

Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by DenreleDave(m): 7:31pm On Mar 31, 2022
grin grin
Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by optimusprime2(m): 7:32pm On Mar 31, 2022
When will Pinnick be sacked?

1 Like

Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:32pm On Mar 31, 2022
I agree 100 percent imagine our goal keeper shaking
In the goal post
To the extend oshimen went to meet him and tell him to cool down

Such a disgraces

Uzoh doesnt have comfidence in the goal post

Everything is just worst in this country

6 Likes

Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by Maybak55: 7:32pm On Mar 31, 2022
T
Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by PALAPALA02(m): 7:33pm On Mar 31, 2022
Dz babayaro picture dey posted na wrong babayaro o. This was super eagle former left back and also chelsea’s left vack also. He was never a goal keeper.

Op, abeg change your dealer. Na expired crap e dey sell for u o

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by dimeji1(m): 7:33pm On Mar 31, 2022
Who wrote this gilberish. Babayaro was not a goalkeeper pls. Others u r rite.

1 Like

Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by 02Kebreal(m): 7:33pm On Mar 31, 2022
Ok
Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by Joseph08(m): 7:33pm On Mar 31, 2022
Does Babayaro wants NFF to consider him as Super Eagles head coach...

1 Share

Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by iamyemiakins(m): 7:33pm On Mar 31, 2022
Hmmm
Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by Sultty(m): 7:34pm On Mar 31, 2022
I blame Buhari
Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by Akinsete19(m): 7:34pm On Mar 31, 2022
And Buhari
Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by gaddafe(m): 7:34pm On Mar 31, 2022
No be cele be this? Abi my eye dey deceive me ni? Was he a former goal keeper? No be defender him be again?

2 Likes

Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by Lilsameey: 7:35pm On Mar 31, 2022
Padipadi:
More than 2 o.
No 3 is Ogunefon.
Eguavoen used the formation of first leg in the 2nd leg.

Since 2013, Nigeria lacked the following:
1. Good left back or left winger
2. Good set piece taker from left or right
3. Good Goalkeeper
4. We v never scored from a direct free kick
5. We v never scored from set pieces i.e: corner, long throwing, freekick etc
5. We lacked good header of balls
6. A standard dribbler than open chances or take chances like Okocha
7. We v never scored from outside shot.
And so on
I swear, Most times I watch our matches, it looks like we have 11 center backs on the pitch.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:35pm On Mar 31, 2022
Joseph08:
Does Babayaro wants NFF to consider him as Super Eagles head coach...

Dont be bias on this
Everything babayaro said was 100 percent true

An not sure you watch the match

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Neymar Arrives At Police Station For Questioning After Rape Accusation / Lorenzo Insigne Praises Osimhen, Compares Him To Cavani / This Is Cheating Mikel Slams Egypt For Not Playing Fair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.