Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,240 members, 7,829,440 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure (30055 Views)

World Cup: Babayaro Names 2 People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure To Qualify / Celestine Babayaro Celebrates His Goal In Nigeria 3-2 Win Over Argentina In 1996 / Celestine Babayaro Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by drmuchin: 8:25pm On Mar 31, 2022
gaddafe:
No be cele be this? Abi my eye dey deceive me ni? Was he a former goal keeper? No be defender him be again?

That is his senior brother Emmanuel Babayaro a goalkeeper who won gold with Nigeria in ATLANTA 96
Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by drmuchin: 8:26pm On Mar 31, 2022
dimeji1:
Who wrote this gilberish. Babayaro was not a goalkeeper pls. Others u r rite.

That is his senior brother Emmanuel Babayaro a goalkeeper who won gold with Nigeria in ATLANTA 96
Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by enonche85(m): 8:26pm On Mar 31, 2022
Alexpre11:
Does Babayaro wants NFF to consider him as Super Eagles head coach

I thought about what he said and I agree with him. Since the departure of Enyeama and then the cancer of Carl Ikheame, there has been no trust worthy goalkeeper coming through for the super eagles.

1 Like

Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by Mavrick2012: 8:26pm On Mar 31, 2022
Op, you said Emmanuel Babayaro,but you posted Celestine Babayaro's picture
Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by feedthenation(m): 8:29pm On Mar 31, 2022
---The photo is that of Celestine Babayaro---defender---his brother is the goalie Emmanuel---
Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by Aarenasbaba(m): 8:30pm On Mar 31, 2022
And the Op said ''former Nigeria goalkeeper, Emmanuel Babayaro"
Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by cutecanson(m): 8:32pm On Mar 31, 2022
Sometimes I just want to ask, what is Aribo doing in that midfield... Don't we have any other 10 that can do better?
Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by chinchum(m): 8:36pm On Mar 31, 2022
A smart coach with 5 substitutes in a match at 1-1 after first half would make faster changes , at least 2 entrants at the beginning of 2nd half, and 2 new legs at 60mins or thereabout. We needed to win and playing Ghana. It is a game of all or nothing at that point. If it was 0-0 then caution may apply.

I knew it would be a miracle to overturn the deficit at 0-1 if we didnt score the required 2 goals in the first half.
It was like Oshimen was the supposed captain and clearly understood that sense of urgency, that most of the players did not have. I for one did not understand the celebration of the equaliser, it was too loud to show ekong did not understand what was at stake. They were technically a goal down at that time and were celebrating like they scored the winning goal.

The game was still quite open in the first half and i was certain it would be more difficult in the 2nd half. Ghana made the defensive change at the beginning of 2nd half.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by Shurtman79(m): 8:36pm On Mar 31, 2022
So People still talking about Nigerian ball undecided undecided undecided :
Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by Rinoxy: 8:36pm On Mar 31, 2022
dimeji1:
His elder brother, Emmanuel Babayaro was the goalkeeper then. He just mixed the picture of Celestine for Emmanuel, that's all.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 31, 2022
Funny enough these are the same guys we praised after the game against Egypt in afcon.
So what changed
Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by pek(m): 8:42pm On Mar 31, 2022
Thread says Emmanuel Babayaro, picture is that of Celestine Babayaro.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by Mikeinstanta123: 8:44pm On Mar 31, 2022
Wat of that guy called Bassey
Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by pek(m): 8:44pm On Mar 31, 2022
Aarenasbaba:
And the Op said ''former Nigeria goalkeeper, Emmanuel Babayaro"
He is right. Is he not? Though be use the picture of Celestine
Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by aribisala0(m): 8:50pm On Mar 31, 2022
Well we need to change our mentality
Are we a football country?
No
Once upon a time we USED TO BE
Now those of you complaining do you support Nigerian football from your pocket?
What is our Ranking in FIFA
Why do we think we matter in football ?
One reason 1994
We were number 5 in FIFA?
Why ?
One Answer
We had a league and a grassroot system.7
That system was an economy on match day Rufai goalkeeper played for Sharks
Oliseh played for Julius Berger
Finidi played for Sharks, Calabar Rovers and Iwuanyawu
Keshi played for New Nigerian Bank
Yekini played in Kaduna and Ibadan and Abiola babes

That is how it went for Amokachi and Amunike and most of that 94 team
Now some people decide they need to Europeanize us. Kolewerk
Now the money is being siphoned in the name of Premiership UEFA etc

We need to wake up and realize that football is business. They have persuaded us to kill our own

Thankfully we have woken up in the area of music movies.
Sport is an economy and we have the material in West Africa why are there no sport events here ? Evern Formula one racing . Nothing
But the raw athletic DNA is here we need to soji . Look at how quickly they ousted Russia from sports . Even if it was the right thing my point is we had no say. We are not in charge. Should we aim for that ? Why not,

So this is an opportunity but not one with a quick solution

We can use the same powers the West used against Russia to remove European football from our TV . The Sky will not fall at some point some children will be born who do not remember when it was on TV
Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by mamatonye: 9:14pm On Mar 31, 2022
Nigeria lost the match because the players were hand picked by Buhari.one point agenda. Failure
Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by Phaantom22: 9:14pm On Mar 31, 2022
I heard Eguaveon has resign pls pinnik should also resign he is the biggest problem of Nigerian football. Plss they should never bring that homo habilis called goalkeeper to the national team again. We have better keepers in our local league all they need is a little exposure.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by Aarenasbaba(m): 9:19pm On Mar 31, 2022
pek:
He is right. Is he not? Though be use the picture of Celestine
He shouldn't have used the picture of Celestine instead of Emmanuel
Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by Polynek(m): 9:20pm On Mar 31, 2022
Wetin Nigeria won go world cup go do?
Highest group stage, useless team
Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by jaafree: 9:21pm On Mar 31, 2022
The only thing that cost Nigeria the World Cup is that, the players mindsets were not set in the right direction.

They are playing to impress people that they are the best in their positions forgetting to play as a team for a common Objective .

I am a serious football fan, although a fan of good Football could you imagine I slept through almost all the second half of the game in Ghana bcs SE are too boring to watch, alot of loosing possession of the ball, lack of patience, lack of team work, lack of coordination etc

1 Like

Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by neztar: 9:37pm On Mar 31, 2022
dimeji1:
his brother
Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by neztar: 9:39pm On Mar 31, 2022
jaafree:
The only thing that cost Nigeria the World Cup is that, the players mindsets were not set in the right direction.

They are playing to impress people that they are the best in their positions forgetting to play as a team for a common Objective .

I am a serious football fan, although a fan of good Football could you imagine I slept through almost all the second half of the game in Ghana bcs SE are too boring to watch, alot of loosing possession of the ball, lack of patience, lack of team work, lack of coordination etc
who are you supporting come november
Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by Shakitibob0: 9:53pm On Mar 31, 2022
adewumiopeyemi:
I agree 100 percent imagine our goal keeper shaking
In the goal post
To the extend oshimen went to meet him and tell him to cool down

Such a disgraces

Uzoh doesnt have comfidence in the goal post

Everything is just worst in this country
hahahaha....

I didn't see the part where he was shaking...let me go check on youtube
Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by namo77: 10:41pm On Mar 31, 2022
I blame the people that sacked Rohr.

This embarrassing failure will not have happened with Rohr in charge.

The people that wanted Rohr sacked are the problem of Nigeria.

You threw away value & results and embraced mediocrity because of flashiness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by pizzzy(m): 11:18pm On Mar 31, 2022
When Enyema was our goalkeeper he can compete with the best African goalkeepers anytime any day but now Okoye Will find it difficult to compete with Senegal's third choice goalie no cap
Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by Dikaveli(m): 11:41pm On Mar 31, 2022
dimeji1:

2 brothers

1 was a goalkeeper and the junior was a left footer
Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by aribisala0(m): 11:50pm On Mar 31, 2022
jaafree:

Nope not the only thing
You do not fail an exam because the hall was hot

Failure started long before that
Failure started when Pinnick took over
Success just like in life requires preparation.
All the drama about sacking Rohr , the timing , the talk of employing another Oyibo and then not employing him was part of the faulty preparation with things being run according to the whims of one man.
Pinnick is responsible.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by ArewaTech1(m): 11:59pm On Mar 31, 2022
the whole squad except for a few lacks footballing brain.

from what I observed during that game, Osihmen likes long balls. He's fast and he has a very good first touch control.

Yet the remaining 10 players failed to see that.

If they had played long balls to Osihmen, I am very sure the Ghanaian defence can't keep up with him.

But those useless players didn't.

bunch of 4kers.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by emorse(m): 12:46am On Apr 01, 2022
PALAPALA02:
Dz babayaro picture dey posted na wrong babayaro o. This was super eagle former left back and also chelsea’s left vack also. He was never a goal keeper.

Op, abeg change your dealer. Na expired crap e dey sell for u o
You're very correct. This photo is of Celestine Babayaro the former left back. The former goalkeeper, Emmanuel Babayaro, is his elder brother.

1 Like

Re: 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 01, 2022
Check out the 5 epic moments that the Super Eagles disappointed Nigerians

https://www.footballorbit.com/epic-moments-super-eagles-disappointed-nigerians/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Is Cheating Mikel Slams Egypt For Not Playing Fair / Romelu Lukaku Arrives Italy To Seal £72m Inter Milan Transfer (Photos) / Omoyemi Yekini, Rashidi Yekini’s Daughter: "Dad Wasn’t Mentally Challenged"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.