Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,603 members, 7,827,268 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Reports Say Facebook Paid Firm To Defame Rival, Tiktok - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reports Say Facebook Paid Firm To Defame Rival, Tiktok (11762 Views)

British Firm To Fix Ajaokuta Steel For Free — FG / Ondo State Govt Partners With German Firm To Build $1.1billion Medical City / Osinbajo's Law Firm To Offer Free Legal Services To Brekete Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reports Say Facebook Paid Firm To Defame Rival, Tiktok by Nobody: 12:59pm On Mar 31, 2022
Meta want tiktok to be given the kind of treatment Huawei was given to protect apple .

1 Like

Re: Reports Say Facebook Paid Firm To Defame Rival, Tiktok by JohnnA1: 12:59pm On Mar 31, 2022
American kind of politics...
Re: Reports Say Facebook Paid Firm To Defame Rival, Tiktok by shogsman(m): 1:00pm On Mar 31, 2022
VictorUSA:
No sane person will believe this news.
Actually if you have a working brain you Will believe, because it's not the first time Facebook has sold user data and forced to pay a hefty fine

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reports Say Facebook Paid Firm To Defame Rival, Tiktok by Emeskhalifa(m): 1:00pm On Mar 31, 2022
We4all:

That guy is very cunning and annoying. I like the fact that many people have ported to Tik Tok. He didn’t see that coming.

I won't be surprise if he makes another shameless effort to try buying tiktok again.

He doesn't like competition at all. He just wants to be the only one at the top

1 Like

Re: Reports Say Facebook Paid Firm To Defame Rival, Tiktok by JooEeL(m): 1:01pm On Mar 31, 2022
I'm going to open my brand new tiktok account straight away!

3 Likes

Re: Reports Say Facebook Paid Firm To Defame Rival, Tiktok by ednut1(m): 1:01pm On Mar 31, 2022
VictorUSA:
No sane person will believe this news.
every sane person knows this

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reports Say Facebook Paid Firm To Defame Rival, Tiktok by NGArmyTerrorist: 1:01pm On Mar 31, 2022
It had been in the blood of TERROIST US via Mark! They tried it with Telegram it didn't work; Gbwhatsapp it didn't work.. Bunch of monopoly TERROIST that doesn't want another person's business program.

1 Like

Re: Reports Say Facebook Paid Firm To Defame Rival, Tiktok by topsyboy: 1:08pm On Mar 31, 2022
Re: Reports Say Facebook Paid Firm To Defame Rival, Tiktok by fineboynl(m): 1:11pm On Mar 31, 2022
But the Chinese don't allow Western platform in their country.

1 Like

Re: Reports Say Facebook Paid Firm To Defame Rival, Tiktok by We4all: 1:12pm On Mar 31, 2022
Emeskhalifa:

I won't be surprise if he makes another shameless effort to try buying tiktok again.

He doesn't like competition at all. He just wants to be the only one at the top

Don’t mind the fool. I hate the way he is running Instagram and Facebook.

He doesn’t create room for growth at all if you ain’t a popular celebrity. They deliberately hide your posts and compel you to promote them.

The day I fumed was when Facebook started to give me friends I didn’t request for. I had to send them a stern warning before it stopped.

I made a post on Instagram and got a few likes. The next thing was for the platform to block my account saying the likes were bought. I was like, ‘What the heck’!

3 Likes

Re: Reports Say Facebook Paid Firm To Defame Rival, Tiktok by Miyachi: 1:12pm On Mar 31, 2022
Facebook is just controversy over controversy, a name change alone can't help them.

2 Likes

Re: Reports Say Facebook Paid Firm To Defame Rival, Tiktok by addexx: 1:14pm On Mar 31, 2022
Facebook, IG and YouTube are really scared of Tiktok grin
Re: Reports Say Facebook Paid Firm To Defame Rival, Tiktok by MARYIAN(f): 1:15pm On Mar 31, 2022
qekng40:
Bad belle everywhere. sad

Why not concentrate on your business

Lol, na jealousy and envy oh grin

1 Like

Re: Reports Say Facebook Paid Firm To Defame Rival, Tiktok by Emeskhalifa(m): 1:15pm On Mar 31, 2022
We4all:

Don’t mind the fool. I hate the way he is running Instagram and Facebook.

He doesn’t create room for growth at all if you ain’t a popular celebrity. They deliberately hide your posts and compel you to promote them.

The day I fumed was when Facebook started to give me friends I didn’t request for. I had to send them a stern warning before it stopped.

I made a post on Instagram and got a few likes. The next thing was for the platform to block my account saying the likes were bought. I was like, ‘What the Bleep’!

So self centred and selfish.
Re: Reports Say Facebook Paid Firm To Defame Rival, Tiktok by Olam09(m): 1:17pm On Mar 31, 2022
ijustdey:

Also, campaign operatives were encouraged to use TikTok’s prominence as a way to deflect from Meta’s own privacy and antitrust concerns.

http://saharareporters.com/2022/03/31/scandal-how-facebook-paid-firm-defame-rival-tiktok-%E2%80%94-report
I can feel mark pain.. nobody is using Facebook like before again.. it's been 3days since i logged into Facebook last.

3 Likes

Re: Reports Say Facebook Paid Firm To Defame Rival, Tiktok by Winters23: 1:19pm On Mar 31, 2022
Nova1988:
Bleep facebook.

it's for only old people.

And kids
Re: Reports Say Facebook Paid Firm To Defame Rival, Tiktok by Olam09(m): 1:24pm On Mar 31, 2022
We4all:
Tik Tok is the rave of the moment. Free advert and brand marketing for up and coming artistes. These are things that Facebook and Instagram haven’t been able to offer.

On Instagram, they deliberately hide your post and compel you to promote it with paid adverts.

I like the fact that Tik Tok provides everyone the opportunity to grow. Unlike Facebook and Instagram where only ‘established celebrities’ get the most followers.

Mark feels threatened but this is just the beginning. I am thrilled that his platform is starting to get the back seat.

Americans think they are all that but Chinese has proven once again that they call the shots as far as branding is concerned.

My brother may God bless you for this post.. If you want to make in any industry just use the Twitter and tiktok app.. i swear you post will reach afar. But recently Twitter has been monetizing it's own platform too. Facebook and IG will hide your post if you like use 1,000 hashtag at once. Only 5 people will.engage with the post. Facebook and IG is fùcked up.

2 Likes

Re: Reports Say Facebook Paid Firm To Defame Rival, Tiktok by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 31, 2022
When I was posting my '1 Minute With Tina' daily posts on FB and tried to invite my kids and their friends to support me, they told me that FB is for old people.

If you can't beat them, you join them. So I moved over to TikTok.
Tiktok.com/@1minutewithtina

I've got almost 50K followers on that App.

Even if TikTok is disbanded, young people will not go to FB. They go to Snapchat etc.

2 Likes

Re: Reports Say Facebook Paid Firm To Defame Rival, Tiktok by Hallabee1(m): 1:35pm On Mar 31, 2022
Aje...

Next
Re: Reports Say Facebook Paid Firm To Defame Rival, Tiktok by Agbecassava: 1:40pm On Mar 31, 2022
PastorMIsBack:
When I was posting my '1 Minute With Tina' daily posts on FB and tried to invite my kids and their friends to support me, they told me that FB is for old people.

If you can't beat them, you join them. So I moved over to TikTok.
Tiktok.com/@1minutewithtina

I've got almost 50K followers on that App.

Make I go join you for there

Even if TikTok is disbanded, young people will not go to FB. They go to Snapchat etc.
Re: Reports Say Facebook Paid Firm To Defame Rival, Tiktok by Bigchristo: 1:51pm On Mar 31, 2022
valentineuwakwe:
America will do anything to stop Chinese growth and world dominance....while here in niaja, the north will do anything to stop southern Nigeria's development!
Your claim about America doing everything to stop Chinese domination is actually correct, but that of North stopping the southern part of Nigeria to develop is the fault of the southern politicians who love corruption they don’t work in their region expecting miracle to happen

1 Like

Re: Reports Say Facebook Paid Firm To Defame Rival, Tiktok by qekng40(f): 1:58pm On Mar 31, 2022
MARYIAN:
Lol, na jealousy and envy oh grin
I dey tell you

1 Like

Re: Reports Say Facebook Paid Firm To Defame Rival, Tiktok by Shascky33: 2:05pm On Mar 31, 2022
We4all:
Tik Tok is the rave of the moment. Free advert and brand marketing for up and coming artistes. These are things that Facebook and Instagram haven’t been able to offer.

On Instagram, they deliberately hide your post and compel you to promote it with paid adverts.

I like the fact that Tik Tok provides everyone the opportunity to grow. Unlike Facebook and Instagram where only ‘established celebrities’ get the most followers.

Mark feels threatened but this is just the beginning. I am thrilled that his platform is starting to get the back seat.

Americans think they are all that but Chinese has proven once again that they call the shots as far as branding is concerned.
COMMUNISM means growing together, while CRAPITALISM means growing alone by exploiting others.

1 Like

Re: Reports Say Facebook Paid Firm To Defame Rival, Tiktok by caracas: 2:34pm On Mar 31, 2022
We4all:

In business What’s wrong with crushing your rival?
You ppl keep applying sentiments when it comes to America cos your misplaced hatred for a country hat tries to do right n good. For your own good n your family’s you better pray the status quo continue to remain the same cos if china comes as close as what America is today , the world would be unbearable to live in….
Re: Reports Say Facebook Paid Firm To Defame Rival, Tiktok by Nobody: 2:54pm On Mar 31, 2022
qekng40:
Bad belle everywhere. sad

Why not concentrate on your business

u don't av any business sense, to stay in business means u need to eliminate or at least cut down threats, Fb is doing wat most businesses would do given the growing threat of tiktok
Re: Reports Say Facebook Paid Firm To Defame Rival, Tiktok by Kingspin(m): 3:06pm On Mar 31, 2022
SafariBoy:
They are scared of competitions.
Those firms are paying to defame Facebook also.
Re: Reports Say Facebook Paid Firm To Defame Rival, Tiktok by We4all: 3:13pm On Mar 31, 2022
caracas:

In business What’s wrong with crushing your rival?
You ppl keep applying sentiments when it comes to America cos your misplaced hatred for a country hat tries to do right n good. For your own good n your family’s you better pray the status quo continue to remain the same cos if china comes as close as what America is today , the world would be unbearable to live in….

It’s foolish to continue to stand up for a country who keeps exploiting you.

Check out all the Social Medias owned by the Americans and tell me what you observe. They were all designed to put their citizens on a pedestal.

Tik Tok has broken that and we are grateful for that. IIn fact, I have something for you for this Ignorant comment.

1 Like

Re: Reports Say Facebook Paid Firm To Defame Rival, Tiktok by happney65: 3:22pm On Mar 31, 2022
Mark the shrewd businessman.. grin
Re: Reports Say Facebook Paid Firm To Defame Rival, Tiktok by Omowoolata: 4:48pm On Mar 31, 2022
Useless Facebook can't even remember my password

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okuama Residents Sue Army For ‘rights Violation’, Seek N200bn Compensation / Tribunal Upholds Stella Oduah's Election / Ajumogobia Admits Taking N18m ‘loan’ From Oil Firm’s MD For London Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.