Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

British Firm To Fix Ajaokuta Steel For Free — FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / British Firm To Fix Ajaokuta Steel For Free — FG (24490 Views)

Buhari Snubs Russia, Picks British Firm For Ajaokuta Steel Revival: Video / Olamilekan Adegbite: FG Unlikely To Fix Ajaokuta Steel As Planned / $9.6bn: British Firm Listing Nigeria Assets For Seizure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

British Firm To Fix Ajaokuta Steel For Free — FG by Northernblood5(m): 8:17pm On Apr 01, 2022
The Minister of Mines and Steel Development, Arc Olamilekan Adegbite, has said the federal government has engaged a British firm to revive Ajaokuta Steel Company Limited “for free”.

The decision came after the outbreak of war between Russia and Ukraine.

He said this Thursday while fielding questions from State House reporters at the special weekly briefing coordinated by the Presidential Communications Team in Abuja.

The minister, while speaking on the efforts to revive the steel company under the current administration, said President Muhammadu Buhari had released $2b in 2020 to revive the project under an arrangement with a firm comprising both Russians and Ukrainians.

He said, “In October 2019, Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari and Russia’s Vladimir Putin met at the Russia-Africa Summit in Sochi and agreed to revive the uncompleted Ajaokuta steel mill.”

Adegbite, however said: “The project suffered force majeure due to COVID-19”

The minister, who did not name the British firm, said the arrangements with the Russian firm failed as the contract was awarded to a company with both Russian and Ukrainian interests.

He said the “British firm is offering to do it for us free now”, adding that “By the grace of God, we have started an irreversible process. The problem with Ajaokuta is actually what we call force majeure. Nobody thought of the COVID, because the plan was to deliver Ajaokuta this year 2022.

https://dailytrust.com/british-firm-to-fix-ajaokuta-steel-for-free-fg

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Firm To Fix Ajaokuta Steel For Free — FG by Ttalk: 8:18pm On Apr 01, 2022
Atiku will not like this news at all because this is one of the unfinished projects he is coming to do when he becomes President.

He is still regretting how he forgot to sell the company to himself while he was selling all Nigeria assets to himself and his cronies

Advice to the Brits

Britain is not interested in helping us fight insurgency, they have not shown concern to our security helplessness, they are not bothered whether we all die of hunger, they care less about our epileptic power, what exactly is their purpose for colonising us?

They are always interested in our oil and our resources, now it's Ajaokuta steel they want to steal revamp.

My only warning is for them to learn from Russia who abandoned the company to rot only to be punished by ordinary Ukraine as Ogun the God of Africa is dealing with them for playing a fast one on Nigeria

To Nigerians

Believe someone who translates Bible to indigenous languages but cannot translate science and technology the same way at your own peril

93 Likes 11 Shares

Re: British Firm To Fix Ajaokuta Steel For Free — FG by Northernblood5(m): 8:20pm On Apr 01, 2022
Hallelujah ooh. A white European man has come again to enslave Africans with steel company. They plan to force us 666 through this steel company.

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin. God for no just stress himself create some stupid people

Kaiser20:

I fear oh...... eh, no cause for jubilation, we wait and see "British and free"

Yes o, Sit and watch APC government you nigerians voted provide necessary equipment for it's construction while British render the service for free tongue tongue am very sure Black African president bulhari will never play his own part and Black African citizens instead of questioning their government they voted, will turn around and point the British

9 Likes

Re: British Firm To Fix Ajaokuta Steel For Free — FG by boyfrank: 8:21pm On Apr 01, 2022
So after 7 years of boasting that the completion date is near, Buharideens have started a new song. Well, this new story is for their zombies anyways.

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Firm To Fix Ajaokuta Steel For Free — FG by alcuin(m): 8:21pm On Apr 01, 2022
"British" and "free" in the same sentence?

180 Likes 11 Shares

Re: British Firm To Fix Ajaokuta Steel For Free — FG by heniford2: 8:22pm On Apr 01, 2022
Early today dem say because of crisis in Russia that they cannot meet up in repairing it naw Britain wan do am free as father Christmas grin fear APC government

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: British Firm To Fix Ajaokuta Steel For Free — FG by Ejike07: 8:26pm On Apr 01, 2022
Very crafty people - Britain. free in the open, take back in the secret

84 Likes 7 Shares

Re: British Firm To Fix Ajaokuta Steel For Free — FG by OVB123: 8:31pm On Apr 01, 2022
The britain i know very well are always economical (stingy) with money. I don't think the britain i know is the one you are talking about.

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: British Firm To Fix Ajaokuta Steel For Free — FG by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 01, 2022
Hahahahahahahaha

5 Likes

Re: British Firm To Fix Ajaokuta Steel For Free — FG by Northernblood5(m): 8:46pm On Apr 01, 2022
alcuin:

Shocking for a black African man isn't it?

Maybe they are stylishly trying to enslave blacks again

7 Likes

Re: British Firm To Fix Ajaokuta Steel For Free — FG by Northernblood5(m): 8:48pm On Apr 01, 2022
Ejike07:
Very crafty people - Britain. free in the open, take back in the secret

Ejike, say no to hatred. They are not the reason why Abia State refused to develop wink wink
Re: British Firm To Fix Ajaokuta Steel For Free — FG by Racoon(m): 8:49pm On Apr 01, 2022
Though the govt lied that Ajaokuta steel complex have roared back to life in the early years of its reign? This is just another lie and propaganda because Britain will never do such a thing. These western imperialists don't mean any third world country any good.

29 Likes

Re: British Firm To Fix Ajaokuta Steel For Free — FG by Northernblood5(m): 8:49pm On Apr 01, 2022
OVB123:
The britain i know very well are always economical (stingy) with money. I don't think the britain i know is the one you are talking about.

The Britain you know is the one your "victim mentality black brain" told you . Receive freedom today and move on
Re: British Firm To Fix Ajaokuta Steel For Free — FG by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 01, 2022
OVB123:

And how do you know Britain? Do you live there?

6 Likes

Re: British Firm To Fix Ajaokuta Steel For Free — FG by Kaiser20: 8:51pm On Apr 01, 2022
alcuin:
I fear oh...... eh, no cause for jubilation, we wait and see "British and free"

2 Likes

Re: British Firm To Fix Ajaokuta Steel For Free — FG by Northernblood5(m): 8:52pm On Apr 01, 2022
Racoon:
Another lie and propaganda.

This one is gone. Even the constipation disturbing you now is caused by British. Think of it, back then our parents ate only local food, they hardly have constipation until Europeans colonized us. cheesy cheesy grin cheesy.

Re: British Firm To Fix Ajaokuta Steel For Free — FG by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 01, 2022
If you have a Quality expensive brand new car, would you hand it to a mechanic who promises to fix it for free?

Is the mechanic a rich person's charity?

Wait what do they mean fix?

The plant hasn't even been officially built to completion.

Shouldn't it be "complete the construction of" instead of "fix" ?

Force majeure kee una dere! angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Firm To Fix Ajaokuta Steel For Free — FG by God1000(m): 9:07pm On Apr 01, 2022
Good gesture
Re: British Firm To Fix Ajaokuta Steel For Free — FG by princepee: 9:08pm On Apr 01, 2022
For Free kwa
There is no free thing any where,
The British will never go where they will not benefit.
I don't trust this free gift.
Let them tell us what they stand to gain from fixing ajaokuta for free.

Abi na so Brits love this country reach na him them never return billions of dollars stolen by politicians stashed in their country.

3 Likes

Re: British Firm To Fix Ajaokuta Steel For Free — FG by MajorOvakporaye(f): 9:08pm On Apr 01, 2022
Stories made for useless idiotic Buhari foolish and stupid online bastards!

15 Likes

Re: British Firm To Fix Ajaokuta Steel For Free — FG by Jamesbiodun(m): 9:08pm On Apr 01, 2022
No be only free cheesy gbogbo yin to mad grin

2 Likes

Re: British Firm To Fix Ajaokuta Steel For Free — FG by Efulefu(f): 9:08pm On Apr 01, 2022
sad
Re: British Firm To Fix Ajaokuta Steel For Free — FG by hakym619(m): 9:08pm On Apr 01, 2022
Lol.
FREEzer federal government grin

1 Like

Re: British Firm To Fix Ajaokuta Steel For Free — FG by erico2k2(m): 9:08pm On Apr 01, 2022
Ttalk:
Atiku will not like this news at all because this is one of the unfinished projects he is coming to do when he becomes President.

He is still regretting how he forgot to sell the company to himself while he was selling all Nigeria assets to himself and his cronies
Realy? what did he sell o himself?
Re: British Firm To Fix Ajaokuta Steel For Free — FG by Bettapikin(m): 9:09pm On Apr 01, 2022
nice one anyways .
Re: British Firm To Fix Ajaokuta Steel For Free — FG by GardenOfGod(m): 9:09pm On Apr 01, 2022
APC have started what they did in 2019 because of election... 2023 is around the corner... Lies and lies and more lies cooked with propaganda.

Tell us the name of the free-venture company let's check if they've done free projects of this magnitude before.

Nonsense!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Firm To Fix Ajaokuta Steel For Free — FG by Heffalump(m): 9:09pm On Apr 01, 2022
Ttalk:

How do you sell a dead Company

1 Like

Re: British Firm To Fix Ajaokuta Steel For Free — FG by hokafor(m): 9:09pm On Apr 01, 2022
Free? The devil never gives for free oo.

3 Likes

Re: British Firm To Fix Ajaokuta Steel For Free — FG by Chibuzoc(m): 9:09pm On Apr 01, 2022
grin
Re: British Firm To Fix Ajaokuta Steel For Free — FG by Realists(m): 9:10pm On Apr 01, 2022
Hmm, Africans will never learn from their historical enemies. That was how they gave our dry gin drinking kings free seamans schnapps and took millions of black slaves in return.
They took our religion and culture away from us and gave us their own fake foreign culture and religion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Firm To Fix Ajaokuta Steel For Free — FG by Kingpele(m): 9:10pm On Apr 01, 2022
Clueless govt at its peak, a British film is providing you free services and you believe it,chai don't know why we voted out goodluck and end up with badluck..buharia might not be a terrible person but it seems whenever he becomes head of state ,he will just attract badluck and suffering...I kept believing that he will repair this country until after 2019 elections, I realised that this dude will never change, God please keep everyone who is doing good works to better the image and prosperity of this great nation alive to see the end of this plague come 2023

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Firm To Fix Ajaokuta Steel For Free — FG by Neimar: 9:10pm On Apr 01, 2022
For free keh?
You dy whine me grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ize-Iyamu Meets US Election Observers / Eric Adams, New York City Mayor To Visit Nigeria On Sunday / #SayHerNameNigeria: Protest Rocks Abuja, Lagos Over Police Raid On Women (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.