Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

The Abagana Ambush Which Is Regarded As The Greatest And Most Successful Ambush - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Abagana Ambush Which Is Regarded As The Greatest And Most Successful Ambush (443 Views)

Today In History Abagana Ambush Happened / The Abagana Ambush (march 31,1968) Biafra-nigeria Civil War / Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Abagana Ambush Which Is Regarded As The Greatest And Most Successful Ambush by Amarachi2018: 4:03pm On Mar 31, 2022
The Abagana ambush which is
regarded as the greatest and most
successful ambush in Africa took
place on the 31 st March 1968
during the Nigerian-Biafran civil
war.
A whooping 5,000 Nigerian
soldiers walked into an ambush of
700 Biafran soldiers strategically
hiding and surrounding the
unsuspecting Nigerian army. The
Nigerian army drove right into their
ambush. The Biafran guerilla
commander led by Major Uchendu
encouraged his men when they
saw the Nigerian troop arriving the
South East in their number. They
used the ogbunigwe explosiv. They
targeted the fuel tankers carried by the Nigerian army which
rocked multiple explosions.
They fired shots into the troop
killing almost the whole 5,000
Nigerian troop.Major Uchendu
was commended for his
bravery for not retreating when
he saw the massive Nigerian
army but stayed well prepared
and ambushed the Nigerian
army from the bushes. They
couldn't even tell where exactly
the attack was coming from.
Ndigbo have always been a
brave people.

Re: The Abagana Ambush Which Is Regarded As The Greatest And Most Successful Ambush by kettykings: 4:06pm On Mar 31, 2022
This is the greatest ambush attack in the world, even Ukraine with all the world support they are getting are not able to replicate this feat against Russia, and here we have a small Biafran troup led by a Biafran Major , decimating and destroying the whole of the second Division of the Nigerian Military and sending a General Murtala Mohammed to a forced self Exile to Europe, the only other history that has this record is in the Bible where a relatively Unknown David slew a General Goliath of the Philistines and caused a battle against them to be overturned.

My 100% respect to Ojukwu Commander of the Biafran Forces and Major Uchendu who led the attack and destroyed the 2nd Division of the Nigerian Military. My thumbs down to the most useless fellows on the face of the earth who are killing the Generation that fought the Nigerian Military backed by Soviet Union , Britain , Egypt , Sudan , Niger, Chad , cameroon to a stalemate forcing the disgraced military with their demonic cheerleaders to resort to starvation.
Re: The Abagana Ambush Which Is Regarded As The Greatest And Most Successful Ambush by Amarachi2018: 4:10pm On Mar 31, 2022
History....we have to educate our young wit our history
Re: The Abagana Ambush Which Is Regarded As The Greatest And Most Successful Ambush by velocity25(m): 4:40pm On Mar 31, 2022
God bless my home town Abagana,no enemy will override us.
Re: The Abagana Ambush Which Is Regarded As The Greatest And Most Successful Ambush by Emma15678: 4:47pm On Mar 31, 2022
Inasmuch as I appreciate the importance of history in national development, I do not encourage the spread of history which puts African tribes against each other when we are planning to unite Africa for development purposes. While other countries are sending rovers to Mars, we are still busy remembering a civil war that claimed 3million African lives. Common Africans let's abandon the past and pace way for the bright future of the United States of Africa.
God bless.
(N.B IPOB terrorists who have been paid by the West to divide Nigeria in order to cancel a United States of Africa should not quote me. Sorry I interrupted the thread where they would have come to say how Nigeria was defenseless in the war and their only saving grace was Britain and the Soviet Union)

(1) (Reply)

2023: Prof Bart Nnaji Joins Enugu Guber / Why We Must Celebrate Tinubu's Presidential Ambition And Give Thanks To God / 2023:sen Rochas Shares Video Of Himself In The Gym.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.