Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,871 members, 7,828,105 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? (17896 Views)

Leeds United Sack Marcelo Bielsa, Announce Replacement Tomorrow / Meet Kennedy Boboye, The Coach Behind Akwa United NPFL Title Victory / Ahmed Musa: I Forced The Coach To Play Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by quickly: 7:04pm On Apr 01, 2022
nairagood:
If we really need to see attacking play and clear pattern of forward thinking style of football then Bielsa or coaches that believe in his school of thought are the ones we need to hire for our national team.
We have the right kind of players to play all out attacking football but we don't have the right coaches or tacticians to drill that into the players so I believe a coach like Bielsa could do so much for Nigeria football as much as Clemens Westerhoff did in the past.
Many of the best coaches in the world have been influenced by Bielsa so it is only the wise choice to have such influence in our football.
This is not the time to waste money and resources on half baked coaches, we should spend our money on the right grade coach.
Abi una no agree with me?

The wrongest coach that belongs on philosophy look at what he did with Leeds. Nonsense

I will go with either a German, French or Brazilian coach definitely not Bielsa abeg
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by CyberWolf: 7:30pm On Apr 01, 2022
Just higher a coach whether local or foreign that can get players that is fit and can play fast attacking football. This is Africa and we are known for physical and fast football. Current super eagles are very weak and can’t cope against a fast attacking team, that’s why Ghana easily ran us down.
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by Adakintroy: 8:08pm On Apr 01, 2022
Angelfrost:

Nope... Rohr was finished! Eguavoen is clueless and pathetic!

Herve Renaud would have been a great fit based on his style, but your corrupt cheap NFF would never go for him.

Critism is cheap.

You should be more realistiic with your choices
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by Angelfrost(m): 8:11pm On Apr 01, 2022
Adakintroy:

Critism is cheap.

You should be more realistiic with your choices

Yeah it is... It also applies to you.

Now, who would you pick as a more realistic choice under these dire circumstances?!!
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by Adakintroy: 8:15pm On Apr 01, 2022
Angelfrost:

Yeah it is... It also applies to you.

Now, who would you pick as a more realistic choice under these dire circumstances?!!

I picked eguavon. You canceled. Senegal is doing wonders with local coach and we won it last with local coach.

If you don't have lots of Money then have lots of patience
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by Angelfrost(m): 8:17pm On Apr 01, 2022
Adakintroy:

I picked eguavon. You canceled. Senegal is doing wonders with local coach and we won it last with local coach.

If you don't have lots of Money then have lots of patience

Check my earlier thread... I actually stated that there are better local coaches than Eguavoen!

NFF just needs to look more closely.
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by Nat404: 8:40pm On Apr 01, 2022
You want to hire someone who failed his own country in 2002 World Cup?

What Nigeria needs is a young Dutch coach.

1 Like

Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by chemato(m): 9:35pm On Apr 01, 2022
I can see you sound like Amaju pinnick.....smone that was sacked by Leeds United.....bro make we reason well now, we don't need testing machine again...we need real coach....Raneri bro abeg please na....let's go for him ..nobody knows who u Sabi....u might be NFF crew in disguise....
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by Nairalandite: 9:49pm On Apr 01, 2022
Lorechino:
Modified! gone are the days Nigeria National team d interesting to watch,, I prefer watching blue film than wasting my eyes on the current team now.

Nothing is work under this present government.

Blue film is not an option to replace the so called qualifiers. Repent of such terrible act. God frowns at sin. If you are addicted to it, seek divine help for freedom.
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by do4luv14(m): 9:51pm On Apr 01, 2022
Angelfrost:

He has a trained interpreter for that...

The problem is that NFF can't afford his fees and those of his huge coaching staff.

Oliseh is taking over this team! Mark these words.

somebody that had applied for Rwanda coaching role
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by Geeboy10(m): 10:25pm On Apr 01, 2022
Akalia:
Picture of the hyped coach or nothing.

A very brilliant idea. Language is not a problem. He works with an interpreter. But only if he's allowed to work without interference.

Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by Jayrow08: 10:30pm On Apr 01, 2022
Origame1:
Never heard of him before
Former Leeds coach
That man wey dey bend down low for touch line
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by chymeze: 11:58pm On Apr 01, 2022
I'm really a big fan of bielsa because of his attacking style of play which is a joy to watch and his no nonsense attitude. But his major limitation would be language barrier which affected him at Leeds united. I also remember him as the coach who smokes on the touchline lol
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by nairagood: 4:02am On Apr 02, 2022
Wow I made front page of Nairaland after how many years being on this site, this a big call for celebration grin smiley

nairagood:
If we really need to see attacking play and clear pattern of forward thinking style of football then Bielsa or coaches that believe in his school of thought are the ones we need to hire for our national team.
We have the right kind of players to play all out attacking football but we don't have the right coaches or tacticians to drill that into the players so I believe a coach like Bielsa could do so much for Nigeria football as much as Clemens Westerhoff did in the past.
Many of the best coaches in the world have been influenced by Bielsa so it is only the wise choice to have such influence in our football.
This is not the time to waste money and resources on half baked coaches, we should spend our money on the right grade coach.
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by saudatu(m): 7:30am On Apr 02, 2022
abygengen:
Yeah

I wan swap. A get Dell too. Whatapp 08029694985.
Re: Marcelo Bielsa Is The Coach Nigeria Needs, Do You Agree Or Not? by DEMARCO1: 7:47am On Apr 02, 2022
nairagood:

Its a shame you are posting such..i am very sure you were among those clamouring for the sack of Gernot Rohr and yelling for the need of a local coach..we just made ourselves a laughing stock..apart from late stephen keshi..we dont have local coaches that can bring out the best of the Super Eagles? Now you are talking of a former premier league manager..then when he comes..we would begin asking for his head if he looses..for now the NFF should not be in a hurry i making their decision but i will prefer we still stick to Nigerian coaches..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Wins 3 IFFHS Awards For 2022 (Photos) / Super Eagles Arrive Maseru Ahead Of AFCON Qualifier Against Lesotho / Heartland Players Block Okorocha’s Convoy Over Unpaid Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.